/twg/ - -Total War General

roll edition

Hotfix Beta Patch Notes
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-pte-patch-notes

New historical info:
totalwar.com/blog/update-on-historical-releases

Mortal Empire is out, hotfix beta NOW, Norsca never.

Blood and Gore:
store.steampowered.com/app/594591

How the Combined Map works
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-with-ian-roxburgh

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR (embed)
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

previous :

>no Elspeth von Draken
>no Bertha Bestraufrung
>no Lucrezzia Belladonna
>no Repanse de Lyonesse
>no Naestra and Arahan, Sisters of Twilight
>no Drycha
>no Ariel, Avatar of Isha
>no Crone Hellebron
>no Valkia the Bloody
>no Dechala the Denied One
>no Alarielle the Everqueen
>no unique Princess Eldyra squire hero for Tyrion
>no Tzarina Katarin
>no Queen Khalida Neferher
>no Neferata
>no unique Geneviève Dieudonné hero for Lahmians
Are CA fucking *SEXIST* or something?!

Try spamming it on reddit.

Who is the oldest legendary lord?

For the guy asking in the last thread, Karak is city, Karag is mountain.

Mazdamunid easily. Maybe Nagash when he shows up.

When applicable.

Either Mazdamundi or Kholek
Mazda is a second gen Slann, which puts him up there, but IIRC Kholek's dad was around before the old ones even came to the world.

history-fag horses:
>huge
>love blood
>annihilate units in a frontal charge
fantasy-fag horses:
>tiny, smaller than the rider
>absolutely resent blood
christians 1 atheists 0

kholek or mazdamundi, it's sketchy as to whether or not the dragon ogres predate the old ones

>Tomb Kings still not announced

>Nagash
Aren't dark elves older than him?

What about Durthu? He's pretty old.

I just had to give up on a 150+ turns Very Hard Lothern Vortex campaign. The past 100 turns have been nothing but a never ending meat grinder of Dark Elf doomstacks. Every other faction remaining in the game loves everyone else and hates me. I know that even if I manage to find a final solution to the Delf problem, I'll just have to deal with another 100 turns of the same shit with the Necrach, Strigoi and Vampire Coast.

I give up. I can't take any more.

>durthu
>kholek
>mazdamundi

All arguably the same age since they're all from the same muddy, poorly defined time period. It's impossible to pick one over the others, so all three should claim the trophy and then start complaining about young people being too loud.

>the first thread where this isn't true
o i am laffin

>>durthu
Didn't he manifest sometime after wood elves started infesting the woods?
>>kholek
He definitely came after ogres and lizards are older than ogres.

?

so turn 4 as Skrolk, Clan Eshin invites some Lizardmen to come kick my ass, what the fuck?

Shouldn't Eshin and Lizardmen be at war at eachother from turn 1? Why would they join the skaven in anything?

>click on Phoenix Guard
>no sound
WTF CA?!

Still haven't made Isabella 76-77.

Rock the boat!

Best build for Morathi? I really like her but she's strange, I want her to actually be good and make a difference on the battlefield.

Rollan for best gf.

>next dlc is for rome2
>next saga is ireland
>next main title is china
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ROME

because muh sandbox experience where anything is possible
like Skaven and Dawi teaming up against Empire
Or Beastmen and Welves teaming up against Bretonnia
Or Lizardmen and Chaos double teaming Helves

As a tree, maybe, but as a forest spirit he's possibly older than Athel Loren itself.

And Kholek isn't an ogre. He's a *dragon ogre*. There's a difference; dragon ogres were the very first race to swear fealty to the Chaos Gods after the polar gates collapsed. Since Kholek was already fully grown at that time he was probably several thousand years old when given immortality, and thus roughly the same age as the Slann.

>dat upkeep increase
Holy shit. I wonder how other races deal with that shit. High Elves at-least can mitigate it somehow with their traits and stuff.

Perfect.

Vamps or dark waifus please.

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

roll

>wood elves offer me military alliance as belegar
>i'm poor as fuck, only have 1 army and 1 province
>wood elves have like 5 20 stack armies
>send them at targets
>they actually go and destroy it
>they raze instead of occupying
>just following orion around as he destroys the world, repopulating it with dwarves

the mad man

>Playing vortex coop legendary
>Don't get a quest battle to stop the Dark Elves from finishing the final battle for some reason
>Lose the campaign due to a bug four turns later
what

Did I fuck up? Or is the balance of power being as goofy as ever?

>that nipple ruby

>kung fu vampire wife

Fund it.

Spells, red tree, rest in yellow tree.

Nah, that's a Skaven trash stack.

Double roll

Rollin'

m-mommy! give mommy! give milkies!

>another vamp
if we're getting more fleshy undead then it's going to be VCoast

roll

you guys are playing Total War: Arena™, right?
it's open beta

>Dorfs dragged me into war with Strigoi
>Now they broke alliance
You fucking manlet oathbrakers, I will show you how to settle grudges.
Fucking Norscans are better allies than you.

I've played it since closed alpha. Had potential before the wargaming chucklefucks got their grubby hands on it.

>those fucking SCROLLS of enemies and allies
Is this the price of Elven superiority?

it seems like a worse version of Tiger Knight desu

Ultrafags please out! This a LARGE general

Why do you insist on starting a shitposting war? We don't have to have a heated discussion 100% of the time. It's okay to be slow.

TWW2 is such a bugged piece of shit, holy fuck.

High Elves Archers can get a pretty nice dps with all relevant skills, traits and artefacts. Pic related, it can be even better, my lord got red skill buff and passive +20 increase to reload aura but I'm lacking "Punitive" trait, "Horn of Isha" banner, Dragonhorn active buff from the item and Enchanted Spyglass. Too bad their AP damage sucks, but just a sheer volume of fire can shred through high armor units anyway.

give me something fun

What the fuck?

I have been playing all day and took a break, then started up again and now the game will not launch.

Disabled all mods and it will launch again.

Was there a ghost update or something I missed?

This is crazy.

>Was there a ghost update or something I missed?
hotfix

>pause to get a sweeping view of a battlefield in utter chaos
>all music cuts out, killing the mood

Why?

>be Tyrion Heir of Aenarion
>turn 80
>only conquered half the island
how behind am I?

stop relying on pauses

" "Shaggoth!" cried one of Malekith's soldiers, and the prince knew it to be true. The oldest legends of the dragons spoke of such creatures, but Malekith had considered them to be myths from before the rise of the elves; before even the coming of the Old Ones and the banishment of the elven gods. Cousins to the dragons who had ruled the world before the coming of the gods, the shaggoths had bartered their souls to Chaos long before the Dark Gods had arisen to claim this world. If the dragons were to be believed, they had warred with the shaggoths for an eternity until finally the dragons had triumphed and driven their foes into hiding."

>elector counts getting absolutely rolled
Nothing new here!

It depends. If other High Elves are buddies with you and not at war with each other, you're doing quite fine. You really don't need to have a full control over the island anyway, as long as it's parts controlled by other friendly HE factions.

This disgust me

how can bretons even compete?

Why the hell does it look so plastic?

roll chart, roll chart in this thread, who is the fairest in all the land

Made in Nippon

It's toasted

I thought you had to opt-in?

Why do upgraded towers deals so much fucking damages?
Now don't get me wrong, I understand that this is a siege, casualties are to be expected, but it just happens so god damn swiftly that it doesn't feels like an actual siege but more like ordering my men to bang their heads against a spiked wall

the other half is ruled by Chaos

What else can you expect from Caledorian dragon princesses? They dress up their ponies as dragons and then cosplay as heroes of the ancient past. Bunch of farb LARPers.

Learn how to hero dance. Then enjoy winning every siege.

TWW sieges are absolutely retarded in general. It baffles me that they went from Attila to this garbage. I honestly hope that better sieges are what the 'experiment' is.

Gibs sauce on KANGZ

Nah man, my complain isn't that I can't win siege, it's that as I said it doesn't feel like a siege.
I'm not a realism-fag either but having my hero going back and forth all over the map like some kind of lost autist sounds just as silly

>That many fucking norscans
Good fucking christ. When WH3 comes out I just want a mod to replace the Norscans with daemons or anything else.

rollllling

Rollan' for Allah

It's especially shit when you're sieging TEB and their garrisons have like 3 mortars on top of everything. And if there's an army in there then they'll have 5 more mortars, that's always fun. You can't even send fliers in to take them out because they'll get focused down by a dozen handgunners and pistoliers. CA wanted sieges to be like D-Day in Saving Private Ryan. Most players either cheese it or auto-resolve.

Time to poop on man-filth!

Rolling

I don't understand the ultra vs large shitposting. The only thing it changes is the amount of dudes in your units, correct?

I kind of hate Irish history, I really hope they just zoomed in on a random point on the map
>China
Fuck you, it can be included in the map for TW: Alexander but it won't be a game by itself.

>Pic
>Can't fucking be
>Try it out myself
>Of course it's fake, save for one word that is "know"
>It's because of a typpo and is "ogga"
>Try "ogga bogga ogga bogga ogga bogga"
>Gives me "Find the page for the page on the page"

What is this fucking language

Is it more better to trade or conquer the dorfs near brettonia as the empire? They have alot of tradeable resources

Yeah, I really enjoyed it pre-wargaming.
Still going to play it when they are done with resets.

Rollan for dreadlord gf

Delet dorf. Every dorf faction is another part of the blob to be confederated

It's sand-nigger

Yeah, I guess the only reason people get mad about those who use Ultra is that they have potatoes that can only run Large.

As dark elves, do I ally with other dark elves? Or are they all cunts to each other?

Take the Shrine of Asuryan and they will love you

SIGWALD

We already had Alexander and it was shit.

>get new comp
>downloading all my shit
>decide to dick around in WH1 while WH2 downloads
Holy fucking shit the magic in the first game is so terrible

>tfw I can only play medium - small
I honestly hate the penis measuring inherent to pc gaming.

Somalis aren't sand niggers though...

>niggers that live in a sandy place
>not sand-niggers