/sthg/- Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1036 - Reminder that Shadow is a Weeb Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cmui_RQTQl4
youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE
youtube.com/watch?v=lraJ3vnvfZ8
timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand
gayamyrose.tumblr.com/post/167176550489
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daily reminder that Ken Penders did nothing wrong and is the true creator of Knuckles and is the savior of the Sonic series.

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

I unironically want a second Shadow game, done by Platinum, and is basically "what if Platinum made a Kamen Rider game except with cartoon animals"

>I like the one with the edgy girl and the scissor blade

sonic was never good lol

kamen rider sucks tho

seconded

Never going to happen. Thank SEGA and Big Red Dickheads for that blunder

Anime is a respected art form and not a mistake. -Shadow T. Hedgehog

youtube.com/watch?v=Cmui_RQTQl4

It's just me or this game feels rushed for something Sega worked on for quite some times? It isn't terrible but it could be more. Tails has always been capable of fighting but now he is a scary cat? And no:it wasn't because Sonic was presumed dead,since he acted like this from the beginning when Sonic was around and after he came back! HE should have tried to pull Sonic out of the portal too! I loved Knuckles as a leader:FINALLY Sega gave him some respect! How couldn't they realize that the enemies were just illusions since they kept fading away? Why the others barely did anything and how can Sonic being stronger than Silver? Why was Sonic so calm when he was captured,knowing his friends were in danger? Why wasn't he hurt in the slightest since Eggman tortured him for months?

Would Forces have ended up better if it was the Boom crossover it was implied to be at first?

Do they draw lewd?

Vanquish 2: Black & Red Ones Go Faster

No. Boom Sonic is hated. If anything, the avatar will be seen as the saving grace since people will buy the game for that feature so they can self insert. I fee this avatar thing spinning out of control eventually. If it's the most praised thing in the game despite all the low reviews, they'll bring it back like classic Sonic.

4 years for a not so good looking game hurts.

>Wanting spinoff games when the main series is basically in shambles
Why

Will Tails ever recover from this? I don't know how anybody could still like him

>done by Platinum
I thought this meme was dead

The reviews are in!

>Tails has always been capable of fighting

When was the last time Tails fought anything and not have a convenient strapped to his hand?

wat

>main series is basically in shambles
>fans and critics hate every new game
what do you suggest? is there any way to "make sonic great again?"

This is the final nail for Sonic Team for me. I couldn't give any less of a shit now

Just, when's the next Mania?

Tails' plot in Forces is a goddamn enigma. Who on the team thought that shit was a good idea? Nakamura somehow wrote Tails even more atrociously than Pontaff

Like sure I like that the hero worship is back but Classicfagging? Tails was just fucking pathetic

Platinum has a specific niche that they're good at when not given a publisher who tries to drag them out of that niche (Zero) and/or treats them like a sweatshop (Activision). Shadow would legitimately fit that niche.

Are you ready to start this week, /sthg/? It is, after all, the week that you have been waiting 4 years for.

He was actually pretty competent in Runners and Runners Adventure.

>Tails has always been capable of fighting but now he is a scary cat? And no:it wasn't because Sonic was presumed dead,since he acted like this from the beginning when Sonic was around and after he came back!
>Why the others barely did anything and how can Sonic being stronger than Silver?
Other characters take a backseat now, they aren't allowed to do anything. Even if it makes no sense.

>Why was Sonic so calm when he was captured,knowing his friends were in danger? Why wasn't he hurt in the slightest since Eggman tortured him for months?
They wanted to have their dark plot but also play it extremely safe.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the avatar at all, even including the shitty OC fanbase the community has, and I would take the Avatar over Classic Sonic.
Honestly, I'm more disappointed that they didn't go full retard with the customization, it feels really half-assed compared to other games that let you customise characters.
Maybe I'm just biased because I like games that let you make characters and I used to have OCs when I was like 12.

I can't wait til I can play Forces so I can form my own opinions.

>Polygon gave Forces a 5/10

okay that's reasonabl-

>and Mania a 7/10

WHY WASN'T SUNSET HEIGHTS THE FIRST LEVEL OF THE GAME FUCK

True. Tails acted just as scared in Unleashed.

>Forming your own opinions
user no

Just make Generations 2. Same as the first game but with slightly improved Classic gameplay and a new batch of stages, though Green Hill is still the first for tradition's sake

I'll be leaving on the 7th. No clue if I'll come back, my life might be better if I don't.

As it should be.

WE GOTTA BUILD A WALL OVER SONIC TEAM AND MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT.

They marked it down for the "slow startup of the running and jumping", aka the momentum.

I don't think so. A custom character adds a lot more immersion (if that's applicable to a Sonic game) and replayability to the game than just another playable character (especially when that playable character is already playable in two different forms, really any third character would be better than a third Sonic) but it would definitely be better received because then people couldn't critique it as "deviantart the game". So the trade would be a less good game for a slightly better but still terrible reception. Plus the avatar probably sells more copies, out of both curiosity for a Sonic game that lets you create your own character and those who just want to make their own OC a reality.

>Tails is written as a representation of the fan base and Mania
>Initially sad that Sonic was fucking dead but then they re-discovered Classic Sonic and became happy again
Nakamura got the meta.

>Complaining about momentum in a fucking Sonic game
So why are you fags making melodramatic posts over this site again?

>"Thank you"

What did Silver mean by this?

Sonic has a billion characters. I'd rather play as them than an avatar. What's the point of bringing them all into the games but not using them?

Sonic Rivals 2, Sonic Runners, and Sonic Runners Adventure.

no i haven't

bruh

huggu

We're getting the inevitable doom and gloom out of our system so we go back to our regular status quo sooner.

He also fought an entire bird army without Sonic's help.

>What's the point of bringing them all into the games but not using them?
S O N I C ' S
S H I T T Y
F R I E N D S

Because we get innundated with shitposts about sonic not being good and fags quote shit like this. Because the Unleashed review did more damage to that game's legacy than anything actually in the game.

But Anooooon, the Fanbase hates the old characters as evident by SA1 and SA2, remember? :^)
What's sad is that I actually fucked liked Emerald Hunting and Mech Sections

This has been happening all year, you STILL haven't gotten it out of your system? How much gloom & doom can 6-7/10 game give you?

Friendly reminder that the person who gave Mania a 7/10 was also responsible for
youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE

Daily reminder.

If Sonic Forces sells well/is even reviewed as medicore, it is over for the blue hog. Sega will realize they don't even need to make a full game like Unleashed/Colours and Generations, and actually put time and effort into it. They can shit out a game with reused assets of all previous games, reskinned bosses, go backwards in controls and physics AND graphics, and they'll still be rewarded for it. If this does well expect more tripe to follow just like this in the exact same vain. They will realize that the western autism audience, and the "I'LL BUY IT IRONICALLY XDDD JUST TO SEE HOW BAD IT IS XDDD" will fuel the series forward.

you know it be true, this is the fate of Sonic the Hedgehog.

It is canonically a 5 out of 10 game, user.

Hey SEGA, I know what's guaranteed to get positive reception

chao garden on mobile

The mech stages were okay but I would have preferred Tails run. Eggman in a mech is fine but he should have had different ones in each level. I loved emerald hunting. It was flawed but I liked having a huge sandbox to explore. It shouldn't have been thrown away and instead polished.

Considering all the mobile games Sega has shit out, I'm genuinely surprised they haven't bothered with any kind of Chao mobile game.

This is why I don't play FPSs with a controller

at this point I'll take a shitty 2D version if it means a new entry

But Anooon, if people don't like the execution, the concept is automatically irredeemable trash.

HOW DO YOU GO FROM THIS

Nice dead franchise, megamanbabs

I assume it will sell well. Sonic games always sell relatively well, even Boom managed over half a million and that had zero hype behind it.

(You)

By Polygon. Funny enough I'm not even someone who defends every little thing Forces does, but I'm not gonna take much stock in a review complaining about a timer & a rank system.

Also, where's countdown user?

To this.

And so it begins

at least megaman died peacefully
now here we are tossing and turning on our deathbed

TO THIS.

NICE ALMOST DEAD FRANCHISE SONICBABS

But I like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=lraJ3vnvfZ8

There are only 2 days left until Sonic Forces is out. Yes that's right, there are just two (as in the number of us holding the key in Fist Bump) days left until Sonic Forces please be good please is released to the masses in the US.

timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand

So is pic related a good review or what?

By defeating Sonic.

So I can have that, and the main series can be in shambles

Shadow the hedgehog by platinum became a thing, that was good and regular. I would check the fuck out of sonic, full stop

Look around you, /sthg/, and all me what you really see?

By not giving a shit about any form of character development, personality traits or canon and instead treating the numerous characters in your franchise as blank slates for whatever archetype you require at that moment.

My point is Tails being useless in a fight isn't new. He's been a solid tech guy since Sega bought the meme that the friends were the problem.

Thanks, user!

NO MORE GODS
NO MORE GAMES
ARE YOU FRIEND OR FIEND
NO MORE LIVES
NO MORE DEATHS
SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN

ALMOST DEAD
ADLMOST DEAD
ALMODST DEAD TO THEWORLD

>died peacefully
>3 cancelled games
>a shit successor in Mighty No. 9
>A comic that died as soon as it started
>A shit cartoon in the making
>A general killed by shitposting
>died peacefully
It was buttfucked & killed.

Thank you for this, user.

ptsd

Still holding out on it being better than Unleashed and Colors.

Fresh report from IGN:

"Too much running."

a bad moon rising

Before we go up in a fireball of shitposting, I want to thank you for your commitment and perseverance to this bit.
God bless, countdown user.

reminder

It's fucking Polygon. What do you think? I would more believe what Arin Hanson says.

im sorry, which fanbase is known for drowning in autistic animal fuckers for over a solid decade?

which character is the most likely to wear a fedora
HARD MODE: no shadow

It amounts to
>The avatar customisation is cool and the levels can have a good spectacle behind them, but it's too linear and short, has obnoxious QTE's and Classic feels like shit compared to Mania

gayamyrose.tumblr.com/post/167176550489