Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Lunch is ready!

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-01-if-monster-hunter-world-doesnt-get-you-into-capcoms-incredible-series-nothing-ever-will
youtube.com/watch?v=oAF3kQn6osc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for code vein will BTFO MHW.

Monster Hunter World will be good!

Great Sword.

Gargantuan Sword

Monster booty

Good Sword.

Tail spins are broken on every old monster

>the little firm animation at the third level of charge
>your hunter brings the sword down faster when you level 3 charge your GS in world

my cock. is so fucking hard

Phallic object of above avarage size

What is your favorite weapon to pair with Brave style?

I found brave lance underwhelming but brave charge blade is hilarious. them blue shield dashes are ridiculous

gunlance
longsword
greatsword
sns
db

LS is cheese, but fun cheese. it also changes the gameplay style the most

none because styles are shit and I'm glad they are gone

Brave Gunlance feels like you unlock the true form of the weapon when you enter brave mode. Fucking full bursts up the ass, huge shells, improved quick reloads, guard points. Feels SO good.

No.

LS and IG

>gone

LMAO they practically slapped aerial style onto some of the weapons in worldsies

>In a recent interview with Ryozo Tsujimoto, producer of Monster Hunter World, we asked if there would be selectable difficulty modes for new players who want to play on an easier difficulty. Tsujimoto-san replied that, "While we've tuned the difficulty to be in line with the rest of the series, we have left in the Charge Axe (Charge Blade in the west) for players who want to enjoy the game without worrying about overcoming challenges."

You think someone would do that?

Just go on the internet and post lies to stir up shitposting?

Hammer
Long Sword
Sword and Shield
Insect Glaive
Heavy Bow gun
Dual Blades

All good fun.

well played

is just joke user

yeah but its an unspoken truth

frontier

I gotta say, the menus in world look so nice. I only just realized that the mural is a background image for it.

>the hammerfag backpedals once again
Amazing

>When asked about a harder difficulty for veteran players, Ryozo seemed puzzled. "Gunlance has always been in the game. People are asking for more?" He commented.

Cats are perfect now It's such a sad mistake that the one good feature from X was gutted.

Pretty good. Add that to the copypasta

>the one good feature from X was gutted
?

Prowler.

>this is what the gunlance autists actually believe
The fact that it's shit in every game just proves that capcom agrees with me, some weapons need to be useless so you can make fun of them

>I get 10% slower clear time, it's shit!!

>need to make fun of others to feel good about yourself
Sounds like a personal problem, user.

>Prowler

>CB uses
it's ruined

>literally lance but with a stupid gimmick that does no damage after hr
>decent in any way

Have we seen any lewd World armors yet?

GL hits like a wet noodle but it isn't hard to play

user wtf

Could never get in to these games but not for the more common reasons like complexity or grind.

It just felt cruel. All those beautifully designed creatures, going about their normal days and I had to kill them. For a new pair of socks. Bonus points for leaving their offspring to starve. Reminded me too much of some of the worst real-life examples like hunting rhinos or cutting off shark fins and dumping the rest of the fish.

Give me a reason to kill stuff and I'm all over it. Base defence, food, Nazis are all good justifications but bringing down a massive herbivore because its toe-nail might make an interesting brooch is a pretty shitty motivation.

I know its just a game and they are not real but the message seems quite immoral to me.

Disclaimer: I am a carnivore. Love a good steak and chips. Meat, meat, meat. Nom nom nom.

We caught a glimpse of one in the rotten vale trailer, had thigh windows.

I gave up on that, I'm too retarded to play CB.

>Prowler

Nazi wyverns did nothing wrong.

>implying

it's well-known fact that the monsters you hunt are commissioned by the guild(or high bidders) because they are a threat to the locale.

MH monsters are absolute fucking cunts and unless you keep them in check theyre gonna fucking decimate human settlements

Forgot the source
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-01-if-monster-hunter-world-doesnt-get-you-into-capcoms-incredible-series-nothing-ever-will
Check out the comments here.

>normies
oh, nevermind. anyone who has qualms killing virtual anything shouldn't be playing video games in the first place.

Remind yourself that culling to maintain the beauty of the ecosystem is worth more than the beauty of a simple creature

I want to walk up and grope her exposed thighs while she's stunned like that

>Tamamitsune
>simple beauty
Pick one.

Delicious exposed thighs and back.

I FELT SO MUCH SHAME WHEN I KILLED THAT """DEFENSELESS"" DRAGON THAT ONLY BURNED DOWN A CITY AND TORE PEOPLE TO SHREAD, WAKE UP WE'RE THE REAL MONSTERS

My husbando

Brave hammer is fucking insane.

I really like the gameplay, but I wish brave just didn't have the invincibility stance.

supposedly it's the odogaron armor. dunno how much truth there is in that, though.

D-delete this

i believe this male set is also odogaron. ft. slut in the bottom left. apologies for quality, it's in the background of one of the more recent videos

How do I hammer tigrex?
I can't fucking get in front of him without these triple charges.

Ah, I miss the gathering cats as well.

wait for him to turn to you

don't stand directly behind him, otherwise he'll do the backwards charge

stand off to his side or at an angle

Two modes that interact with each other is too complicated.

youtube.com/watch?v=oAF3kQn6osc

>implying

Play switch axe then.

... bloodborne?

I do, I love it.

A hunter must hunt.

Does anyone have a shot of the bonepile monster at the end? I heard there was a good shot of his face on reddit

SnS. Brave IG is good but I'd prefer if it were just the weapon's base state because it isn't a big enough change to warrant grinding a meter for (not that you lose anything of value outside of brave), which is lucky for me since World looks like it's moving that way (ie autoattacking kinsects). LS is nice for not requiring a huge armour commitment and having gameplay that is basically "4U CB but snappier and more consistent," it's easymode but satisfying to use. But SnS is BAE when it comes to brave.

Radobaan?

You press X, sometimes sideteps and everything dies. No silly phials and charge and kick button shenanigans. What's not to love about SA?

The guy in the bonepile who grabs the girros. possibly bazelgause

I want a KYK pet!

HBG. Running and sliding into crouching fire are too much fun, and being able to quickly move out of the way isn't bad either.
The faster shooting is nice.

10/10

As someone that plays everything but switchaxe a great deal, GL is the hardest (to me). GS is of course the easiest but 4U style CB is pretty easy too.

Is HH a decent solo weapon or is it multiplayer only?

it's pretty bad either way tbqh

>the monster is attacking
>guard
>the monster is not attacking
>poke
Wow GL is so hard.

The problem either way is that it doesn't do a lot of damage itself on top of trying to juggle numerous upkeeps when most people will want to DPS rush the monster down. Take Horn Maestro to spend less time playing melodies.

Sounds just like lance. So why would anyone use GL? To trip everyone online with wyvern fire? GL is the assholes choice?

>lance
>GL
>online
Nobody does that.
I like the gapclosing poke of GL, especially underwater.

>lance online
i do that but only because i hate myself and deserve nothing but pain and misery

What's wrong with lance online?

*trips you*

keep telling yourself that

No hyperarmor

You get tripped and everyone pulls the aggro away.

Is Azure Rathalos in mhgen?

when will you people accept that GL and HH are mechnically flawed weapons?

No thankfully.