/dg/ Destiny General

oWo edition

>>LIVE EVENTS Gauntlet
Royal Pools Challenge: A player must always be in the water by Sun Platform at all times, jumping or moving away from the water will result in a failed Challenge.
Nightfall: The Arms Dealer - Prism & Time Warp: Killing Time
Flashpoint: EDZ
Xur: EDZ, Graviton Lance/Nezarec/Ahamkara's Spine/Mask of the Silent One
Trials: Prepare for sweaty MIDA teamshotting

>>NEWSCLANSLINKS

Someone please buy me a key for this game!

HITCH WHY WONT YOU LET ME JOIN THE CLAN

WHAT DID I DO TO YOU

Post the rest of it

why is there only one xbox clan?

heh funny, i he put my friend in the firsr clan today when i just asked him, get gud

already uninstalled this trash game

its for the one person in the thread that owns an xbox

>99 members
>still no raid or trials clan engrams
>no one to help me get 10 seals for Acrius

so how can I get above 278 with no friends or clan. Do I just try and bank on getter some kind of exotics or is this the part where i need to try and be social to get gear from raids.

>I'm sorry, that's impossible. I always look good.
Wish Failsafe was a real grill

I'd definitely eat this ass

being social for the raid is like doing 6-8 total callouts
if that's too much then I don't know what to say

I fucking hate PvP.

well im not even sure where to make friends to begin with, do i try and ask for the dg discord here or just test my luck in game with no chat feature

But user, the best part of raiding in Destiny is the banter between/during failed encounters.

I mean, it's really not a big deal if one guy doesn't participate in banter. Just do your call outs and we're golden.

Banter is optional, but a good % of the fun of raiding. I used to hop in raids that I had already run for the week because I liked the people in it and I know we'd talk some funny stuff.

Anyone down for trials on PC? NightHawk77#11334

>nightstalker super will not cancel voidwalker super

ebin

on top of the sweet lag/micro stutter i get anytime i get in a firefight this really is a lot of fun.

Sorry but no one wants to carry a shitter

Try going to a website that accepts money for carries.

just google "destiny lfg" and others will probably invite you to their discord

oh sure I was just stating what the bare minimum people will allow

What’s the best subclass for Hunter when it comes to defence?

>Nightshade
>Prosecutor

Yikes!

Nightstalker for invisibility.

delete this
What's wrong with those weapons? Nightshade is pretty fun man

Well, just look at your KD. That's whats wrong with those weapons.

Inb4 >muh meta but like, there are other guns that would net you a higher KD ratio. They simply aren't the best guns for getting kills in PVP, especially nightshade, or any pulse rifle, really.

I've been using an assortment of different weapons since they all feel different on PC, but haven't gotten all the meta ones to drop yet. My best matches are usually with nightshade/last hope.

I wont lie im looking at destiny lfg and it just seems super cancerous. Maybe ill just try my luck solo, appreciate the help friend.

Why are you such a pussy? Man up

SERIOUSLY FUCK THIS FUCKING MICROSTUTTER BULLSHIT THESE FUCKING GUYS KEEP KILLIN G ME OR ESCAPING BECAUSE I FREEZE UYP WHAT THE FUCK BUNGO

Way to make the thread early you chuckle fuck.

Well hopefully I can reach 300+ on this weeks reset.

FELLED

It's supposed to be patched tomorrow I believe

>manage to go flawless 3x despite getting stutters in every other gunfight
guess people just suck

Source?

Wow! These adventure missions are super fun

AND BUNGIE JUST GAVE ME A PAIR OF STOMPIES EVEN THOUGH IVE ALREADY GOTTEN THEM THANKS BUNGIE

WOW COOL MAN YOU'RE REALLY GOOD AT A MINIGAME GOOD JOB PLS KYS SOON TY

I need to try Trials.

Get on my level user, the game has given me 6 skyburners oath in a row. Game is telling me to mass murder cabal.

rather just not have the headache of it, that's all. but thanks for your concern user, hope you get your drops!

Stop watching anime and grow a pair of balls

>MINIGAME
what would you consider the actual game considering half of the game is focused around pvp?

appreciate the suggestion.

>half the game
>dedicated to pvp
>half the game
You esports faggots need to wake up, pvp is an afterthought in destiny. The main draw is leveling up your character, leapfrogging light levels and gear. Only the gear matters in pvp, light level means nothing. Not to mention the fact that the loot "drip" in pvp is molasses speed to keep you turbo autists playing longer before you wake up and realize there are a million games that do pvp better then destiny fucking two of all games. Stop huffing the ether and get some fresh air.

>someone is better at pvp than me
>must be an esports fag
I think esports is a joke too but this game is extremely simple and easy to do well in
sorry if that hurts your feelings user

>dedicated to pvp
>half the game
the way they designed and balanced this game clearly shows they had a focus on pvp

>Only the gear matters in pvp
skill will always beat meta weapons as long as there isn't anything as retarded as release mythoclast

well we finally finished the raid. that wasnt so bad

>pvp is an after thought after all the nerfs and reworkings of classes and weapons from year 1
>so much that all our abilities and supers were nerfed to fuck in D2 compared to the first game

You know, you dont have to talk if you dont have anything useful to contribute

I thought prosecutor was one of the better energy autos? what happened?

Uriel's is better

>spent my first few days of pvp running around like an idiot with awful guns and 0 game knowledge because of milestones
>stats are ruined unless I grind
Guess it's time to grind until my stats look decent now I know what the fuck is happening. Still waiting on a fucking better devils so I don't have to use old fashion or bad news.

I want to love Destiny 2 so much, like it literally has everything in it that I love about the games I like

But wow is Bungie working as hard as they can to make me hate it

This isnt Destiny 1 tho stats dont matter becuse this game is casual friendly ^_^

sure but that doesn't make the prosecutor BAD, should be able to get a decent K/D with it.

>caring about stats
Grow up.

Is Vigilance Wing underrated? Every burst is 90 damage at virtually any range, and you get buffed if your team feeds. It seems to work well when your team runs Mida and the enemy doesn't expect to get shredded on their peak at 2/3rd HP.

Pulse rifles are garbage in pvp because their rate of fire is just so hampered.
You will find yourself getting killed because your enemy can shoot and you can't.

what are you guys on pc using to take screenshots?

>implying other people dont care about your stats when you try and group for trials
Loosen the straps on your guys helmets, your brains need to beathe too!

>What is Lincoln Green?

Why would your friends care about your stats? They just enjoy playing vidya with you user.

Geforce experience

What is the lore of each kind of guardian? titan, hunter, warlock.

I don't know specifics, but hunters are basically scouts for the Vanguard. Recon and stuff.

Warlocks are scholars who study the light and try to learn its secrets.

Titans I don't know.

>finally get around to finishing my MIDA quest
>mfw it's fucking nothing

I don't get the hype

titans lead the way

What exactly is the vanguard? Is the vanguard always the same 3 people?

>friends
>in 2017
We autistic in here user. We repel friendship.

A worse version of Time-Worn Spire.

After Better Devils and Sunshot, what are the best hand cannons? Aside from Sunshot most feel like they have shit range that I might as well auto rifle.

The Vanguard is a bunch of guardians, not just Cayde, Zavala and Ikora. They're just the heads of their respective classes

Annual Skate

I'll probably wind up doing PvE and PvP equally, which class should I go with? Not sure I feel anything for Hunter, so it's probably between Titan and Warlock.

Annual Skate is a popular choice.

If you're playing Titan you're playing Striker

If you're playing Warlock you can be Stormcaller or Voidwalker

Don't worry too much about it honestly, it won't really matter what you play.

>3 exotics today
>All 3 were fucking synthoceps, which I already own

Are the Vanguard also the Last City's political leaders, or just its military?

Does anyone have a list of legendary guns to NOT dismantle? I have thrown away multiple better devils and did not even know it was good. Tossed Uriel's gift too. Dammit.

Also, I feel like I MUST use a exotic armor and weapon. Are you gimping yourself by not using exotics?

>playing Trials
>implying stats matter at all in order to win in D2 in the year 2017

Holy kek my main la'

Antiope-D and Nameless Midnight are all that come to mind.

Just keep one of every legendary gun you get. You have enough space for it.

You're not necessarily gimping yourself by not using an exotic, no. Lots of exotics are incredibly niche things so if you're not getting a direct benefit from them, or you don't care for the benefit, then you don't need to wear one.

What class and subclass are you bruh? And usually thats the case. Feel like extotics complete your setup all around

So when are they fixing hunter recovery boots?

Not necessarily.

there are some exotics that make you dramatically stronger, like Orpheus Rig potentially giving a hunter unlimited supercharge, but that doesn't mean you can't be effective without them. Most of your gear is still gonna be legendary so it stands to reason that (usually) most of your performance is going to come from those items.

There are some that are generally considered better than others at the moment.
HCs: Better Devils, Annual Skate
ARs: Scathelocke, Uriel's Gift, Origin Story
SRs: Call to Serve, Nameless Midnight
There are more, list is not exhaustive.

Anyway, you aren't fucked by any means if you don't have these guns. Your successes will come from your own efforts much more than your choice of weapon. You can run around capping niggers with a shitty sidearm if you know how to aim it properly.

Probably not until season 2.

I am Titan sentinel. And I am using sweet business and actium war rig. I want to try other exotics but this exotic combo just seems so comfortable.

I got a nade launcher called fighting lion but it seems like dog shit. I got hard light assault rifle but why not just use sweet business?

Sweet Business is a bad gun.

If you're playing Sentinel you should be using Mask of the Quiet One. As for weapon, it doesn't really matter, use what you want.

I got a clan invite while I was messing around on characters, and they seem to getting stuff like raid and nightfalls done. They have more hunters and warlocks than Titans. I think I'm falling into the trap of thinking about catering to what the clan might need instead of playing what I think is fun.

From what I messed around with, warlock is fun.

Its just a very good all round scout rifle for PvP. Its basically identical to its D1 version but its currently the only gun in the game that lets you see your radar while aiming, whereas multiple guns in D1 could get that perk. It also has high caliber rounds so shooting someone makes them flinch way more than usual, making you harder to hit in a gunfight. The speed boost is nice too.

Thats a great build tbqh. Youre doing good user. Basially check out Titan exotics and find one that sounds enjoyable, then work your buikd around that. Trust me, therd are some great primares out there worth giving up Sweet Buisness for.

Titans are useful in the Raid because of the Rally Barricade and double Pulse grenades but if you'd rather play Warlock, just make a Warlock. The game isn't designed in such a way that you're severely punished for not running the right classes for the right stuff. You can do a Raid with 6 Hunters if you want, its not a big deal.

Prosecutor isn't BAD, there are just better weapons to use in the energy slot.

For trials it's deff top 5 though.

>what the clan might need

This isn't a tab targeting MMORPG where you can't do the content if nobody rolled a priest. Just play whatever you want.

Rest of top 5 for trials?

1. Uriel's
2. Last Hope
3. Prosecutor
4. The Number
5. MIDA Mini

Prosecutor is fine.

>tfw arcstrider + stompies + lightweight shotty
gotta go fast

>no minuet or annual skate
you wouldn't happen to be playing on console would you user?

I took the top 5 from guardian.gg which lists the 5 most popular weapons for each category. Maybe if there were more PC players you'd see more HCs listed.

it only shows the playstation stats on the home page
you have to go to weapon stats and select PC

>I am bad at pulse rifles
Pulse rifles are fine on PC.
The Crucible meta has way more variation on PC in general.