/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1037 - No Fun Allowed Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9ycGlLTyygk
youtu.be/cZxC1WFOwiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zhS2WV_1Bok
nintendoeverything.com/sonic-forces-version-1-01-full-patch-notes/
youtube.com/watch?v=ID7__AZGyUw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

*resting*

This meme and the & Knuckles meme (or just any meme with knuckles in it) are honestly the best memes the series has.

>recently
He became popular ever since this was a thing. Which was over 10 years ago now. God I feel old.

>tfw cream and blaze died in the war

fucking rip

*Drags to picnic*

Did someone really just Romhack a Romhack

Sonic Forces? More like Sonic Feces.

Nice!

While fairly cool on it's own, I've always been somewhat annoyed that SMBZ basically turned Mecha Sonic into what ammounts to a fancharacter.

What if Knuckles...

youtu.be/9ycGlLTyygk

>Sega tried to make this goofy shit look serious

Holy human shit the city of Sonic Team right now.

This guy cleared it in 2 hours and 40 minutes and he fucked up a lot. Adding in the cutscenes, a competent player can easily finish the game in 1 - 3 hours.

youtu.be/cZxC1WFOwiQ

What was the last Classic game before they switched to Dreamcast era with Sonic Adventure

Sonic Jam, I think.

Daily reminder.

If Sonic Forces sells well/is even reviewed as medicore, it is over for the blue hog. Sega will realize they don't even need to make a full game like Unleashed/Colours and Generations, and actually put time and effort into it. They can shit out a game with reused assets of all previous games, reskinned bosses, go backwards in controls and physics AND graphics, and they'll still be rewarded for it. If this does well expect more tripe to follow just like this in the exact same vain. They will realize that the western autism audience, and the "I'LL BUY IT IRONICALLY XDDD JUST TO SEE HOW BAD IT IS XDDD" will fuel the series forward.

you know it be true, this is the fate of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Probably Sonic Jam or 3d blast.

>shadman

3D Blast/Jam. 3D blast even has designs that are a hybrid of classic and Dreamcast Sonic

So who is Infinite?

Infinite

Artist?

Why did I ever fool myself into thinking this would be good?

Generations gave us a false sense of hope. In reality, Generations was hardly better than forces, but it had a nostalgia filter so it tricked us

A creation of Eggman, like an organic Metal Sonic.
Design wise his appearance brings to mind a fox.

you're making generations sound way worse than it is

CHECK OUT MY MOVES, CHECK OUT MY SPEED

>5/10

NOT AGAIN

I CAN'T GO THROUGH THE CYCLE AGAIN

A construct of the phantom ruby who will be forgotten due to the middle of the road meh reception of this game, like the deadly 6 before him

Ignore fags and shippers.

>polygon
/v/ why don't you follow anyone competent

This seems to happen to Sonic a lot

Cream can't die, she's OP

First of all, I forget how good the Sonic advance spirtes and Mario/Luigi gba sprites match.

Crossover when?

Does anyone know that other series that's like Supermario bros Z, though it's more ironic and it uses lots of CDI cut scene stuff for the animations?

That's depressingly short.

user... it's not going to be just polygon
I can get through generations in an hour and a half. 2:15 to get EVERYTHING.

ask me to draw something

(will not draw immoral artwork)

i'm worried about forces's reviews too, but I care more about famitsu than about polygon

Draw Sonic reacting to Forces reviews.

EVERYTHING'S JUST LIKE
AN ILLUSION
I'LL BE LOSIN' YOUUUUU

Holy fuck

Just watch, even IGN will give it a 7/10

This but with Tails

Generations is a meh at best experience. Has most of the same problems as forces

This. its not even the best boost game.

I want to fuck that spring-bumper.

It was a comfy game.

Why is Forces retailing for $40?

>I G "Green Hill from Sonic 2" N
Not important.

Because it's a short game.
Meanwhile FbH is a short, 2D game and they're asking full goddamn price.

You were paying attention to Polygon not 20 minutes ago.

>not a long game
>very tough release window
>likely won't review very well

meh at best is really an exaggeration. i haven't seen much of forces's gameplay but if the level design is so bad then i really don't think generations has that problem. unlike some of the other boost games the themes are well expressed in the gameplay. i don't even dislike colors anyway but still

also classic sonic seems to me like it's a bigger problem for forces than for generations. it's hard to explain thematically why it's there and mania makes its gameplay look bad by comparison even if it's apparently been improved since generations. if you removed him from the game you wouldn't exactly leave a huge hole in the narrative i think.

on the other hand for generations it made sense because it was the point of the game, being a milestone anniversary, and having to do with time travel shit, and it was kept pretty simple

honestly i'm not even a dedicated sonic fan so maybe it's just me but i think you guys's standards of what's a good sonic game and what's not area kind of fucked

>honestly i'm not even a dedicated sonic fan so maybe it's just me but i think you guys's standards of what's a good sonic game and what's not area kind of fucked
Everyone expects so much more and I don't know why? Generations was a fun experience, it played well but it needed to be longer for sure.

What a qt

Not the same guy, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Moral of the story is take most gaming critics with a grain of salt and form your own opinions instead of bandwagoning off of others.

So what are the chances the day 1 patch fixes the game?

the entire game? 1 percent. Glitches we've seen? 50 percent.

Yes it's called Episode added support for super sonic :^)

is there really no super sonic

not in vanilla as far as people know

>sonic advance 3 crush deaths
ftfy

Are you fucking serious

He's been in every fucking game since ep 1

Forces bonus edition for PS4 is retailing UK for £25.
Should I just pick up the physical altogether, or wait for a Steam price drop?
Might be nice to play a new game when it comes out for once.

>He's been in every fucking game since ep 1

super sonic did WHAT with vanilla?!

>Playable in ep 1
>Playable in free riders
>Playable in colors
>Playable in Generations
>Playable in ep 2
>Playable in Lost world
>Playable in fucking smash bros
>Playable in Mania

The only games hes not playable in are the sports, mobile, and boom games. Those obviously don't count though.

you heard him

what the fuck does that even mean

use words retard

super sonic being playable only with a patch that will be free and most likely available on day 1 is such as insignificant issue

for you

also you're assuming the day one patch will put in super sonic

>Playable in Mania
3 4

youtube.com/watch?v=zhS2WV_1Bok

yeah, it would basically only be a problem if the day 1 patch doesn't put him in because it would be harder for people to care afterwards. otherwise his absence in the base game is going to be almost unnoticeable

this is my favorite super sonic theme. the other ones get tiring after a few minutes

Oh fuck, we don't even know the Super theme for Forces yet
It's gonna be a weak ass short version of Fist Bump, isn't it?

>Super theme for Forces
Probably won't be one.

>super theme for forces

assuming super is in

are you guys not aware that patch notes have confirmed him already? it's only a matter of when

He's clearly an after thought. They probably didn't give him a theme.

ah, oops, i thought you meant something else

Is this that much of a bad thing though? Most people would rather listen to the level music than a super theme.

source

So, how are you guys liking Clements Lost world lp so far?

he's kind of a baby for bitching out on the 3ds stages. They're bad but they're not impossible.

nintendoeverything.com/sonic-forces-version-1-01-full-patch-notes/

I'd prefer him to not have a theme too.

neat, thanks senpai

good point

Honestly this, at first the Super theme is nice and really gives that hype feeling but it playing every time gets grating fast.
Speaking from experience, I didn't have &Knuckles so instead of S3&K's Invincibility/Super theme I just had 3's and jesus christ was it hell
youtube.com/watch?v=ID7__AZGyUw
This every time you go Super Sonic.
Unless they give you the option to turn off the theme (and we all know they never would) I could genuinely do without a Super theme.

TOMORROW

is it 12 am or pm

>got my edgehog outfit bonus code through email
>no work tomorrow

Sonic Forces better be good. If not, then I'm going to bully Sonic.

Who did Dickman steal this OC from?

Never mind. Do not post AWD unironically.

>force Cream to work out for days to lose weight and get Sonic's attention
What episode is this? What episode is any of the stuff mentioned in pic related I don't remember any of this happening in the show

anyone know what time forces is going to be put up?

Why's that? Never heard of the guy, just found it on Twitter

It was in Sonic Battle. Amy was doing a super diet of weighted gear and workout.
In that insane fuck's defense, Battle really was Amy at her absolute worst.

They haven't said yet.

If it follows the same way Mania did, then it'll be midnight releases for Switch and PS4, a morning release for Xbox, and 1PM release for PC.

He's a decent artist, but a horrible human being, and a cancer on any community he becomes a part of. He's an egotistical prick who steals other people's characters, modifies them slightly, and tries to pass them off as his own OC. In the early 2000's he got super pissy about losing a Mega Man Battle Network boss design contest to a small child (who are always always always the winners of these Mega Man contests). He tries to date people within fan communities and is very manipulative, there have been several callouts against him throughout the years.