/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

"What's in the cannistah?" edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
[Currently being updated with Blood Orchid changes]
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News
Weapon recoil overhaul
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-301767-16/weapon-recoil-overhaul
Patch Y2S3.1 deployed on all platforms on Tuesday, September 19th.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1749651-Patch-Notes-Year-2-Season-3-1
Blood Orchid mid-season reinforcements are coming
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-ca/updates/bloodorchid/reinforcements.aspx

Heartbreaking defeat:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kcRuVwgOXI4
youtube.com/watch?v=HF27j2fqEa4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I WANT TO RUB YINGS POINTY EARS!

xth for IQ's sexy feet!

Do you guys think Smoke is actually a psychopath?

Post your Siege moments
>play oregon on attack as lmg fuze on capture point
>1v1 against mira, objective is in the upstairs bedroom and im on the roof next to a broken window
>hop in after scanning the room
>see mira window on an unreinforced wall left of me
>shoot at it for solid 3 seconds
>mira runs out of cover directly into my line of fire not even looking at me and dies

Anyone who uses chemical weapons knowing what they do is at the very least a sociopath.

3 armors at 4 meters per second when?

Is that young Echo?

ill just post a webum
i gotta make new ones these are all oldies

>uses toxic gas even though he knows his teammates dont have full body suit things that can prevent the gas getting to them like he does
>wont tell anyone whats in the canister, could be powdered cum and mustard gas for all we know
>gives no fucks aboutgiving people a slow painful death
>is he a psycopath
:thinking:

If i want to run this game on high settings with 120-144 fps while recording, should i get a GTX1070 or 1080?

i have a 480x and if i turn off vsync i get like 100 fps with aa on 2
dont know if that helps you i dont know the nvidia equivalent card

at 1080p assuming u dont use shitty AA options (they are all shit) a 1070 is enough

post pre-operating music
youtube.com/watch?v=kcRuVwgOXI4

I have a Fury X and get ~120-130 fps at 1440p maxed out so a 1070 should be pretty good..

either all cav cosplayers look the same or its the same girl at every event.

0/10 her gun isnt trashy enough

its the face paint

Post operator ideas :

Caller : gadget Whale call.
Whale call has two modes, the first one [Normal mode], place the gadget in the floor or wall and will emit a ultrasound that echoes with the attackers, revealing their positions (kinda with a after images effect). Small radius.
[Rage mode] Caller gets flashbacks from the past and slams the Whale call into the floor with rage. The gadget brakes but makes a ultrasound wave that goes trough the floor (if you slam it in the highest floor it will reach eventually all the floors from the whole map). Each enemy detected will be revealed for 5-10 seconds. Caller full of rage can feel the heart beats, If he kills a revealed enemy he will heal himself 20 hp.

Thatcher nades can kill Caller. If he uses his gadget to shut off Whale call, Caller dies. Since Caller is attached to his gadget by bio engineering.

Getting some strong Death Stranding vibes from this one

thats retarded and you know it

I miss Pequod

>[Rage mode] Caller gets flashbacks from the past and slams the Whale call into the floor with rage.
>Caller full of rage can feel the heart beats, If he kills a revealed enemy he will heal himself 20 hp.
>If he uses his gadget to shut off Whale call, Caller dies. Since Caller is attached to his gadget by bio engineering.
Words fail me for how utterly retarded this is.

Aight, gonna take a stab at this:

Australian CTU

Gadget: [Tactical Didgeridoo]

Activating the [Tactical Didgeridoo] forces the operator to swap out of his/her weapon and blast tasty jams for as long as the gadget is used. The glorious sound of the [Tactical Didgeridoo] drowns out all sounds on the map, including footsteps, gunshots, and explosions. The operator gains a 200% increase in movement speed, ideally for running laps around the map's perimeter though also viable for rushing the objective while supporting the team with righteous music. The [Tactical Didgeridoo] is also equipped with a fookin' laser sight.

The [Tactical Didgeridoo], giving your team stealth by being a massive cunt.

lmao that sounds like it would actually work

Unironically this

>decide to play to one more win before getting off
>next two hours every single round has someone disconnect or an idle recruit
>eventually just stop playing when fed up enough with it
>3am, need to be up by 8
this game is just a miserable experience sometimes

Fucking Nibbers

Anyone noticed how the entire Cigar lounge on Kafe is destructable?
Yesterday I watched skylight from second floor (impact nade the ground) and some fag called me camper.
Run in reading room and you can shoot that entire side from below.
Now I'm starting to realize how powerful is vertical play.

ded thread ded gaem

>aphrodisiac chemical warfare
might be my fetish

Delet this post before its too late

>console (((pros)))

So what's the current consensus on silencers/suppressors? Is glaz's rifle worth suppressing? Ela's gun? Any other gun?

>own every IQ cosmetic

what am i doing with my life

theres no reason to ever use a suppressor in their current state, too many downsides.

the new defender can hack enemy drones and use them as if they were cameras. Only visible by her. That's why she looks like a nerd from watch dogs. Pass it.

The absolute state of Tachanka.

paying tribute to the foot goddess as you should be.

>feet

STOP THIS

I wanna be cool like Blitz Operator video. But i just get killed. How do I use Blitz?
>inb4 "get gud"

your shield only protects you from things directly in your crosshairs, just think like that and git gud

Don't blindly rush where people can shot you from multiple angles

Smoke grenades can be your best friend for closing distance and denying crossfires to the defenders, get used to using them.

best part about her

Kalimbo African CTU

Gadget : [Black Pest]

Kalimbo has a special backpack that contains black smoke,he can fill up to 3 flasks of Black smoke. Throwing them into a room will make them start to pour black smoke in the room, impairing vision. Between 4/7 secs are required to fill the room of black smoke (can be stopped). Kalimbo can also open the gates of the container to throw all the black smoke around him, in this case it will need 2/3 secs to make the room full of black smoke. Then the container will need to recharge again the black smoke.

3 flasks
2 full loads.

Half of pro league are former Xbox pros at this stage

git gud

>the only good part about her
ftfy

African ops
Attacker
Name: Drought
Gadget: (more of an ability) Absorbtion
Can throw a spear which downs players, he can then pounce on them (similar to cav in a way) and absorb all the moisture out of their bodies which regenerateshis health

Defender
Name: Bloodborne
Gadget: Can cut himself with a throwing knife, smear his blood on it and throw it at enemys. This does 25 damage and infects them with HIV. Upon hitting an enemy he shouts "haha you have HIV". This causes the op you hit to collapse due to the shock of knowing theyll likely now have HIV

>Gadget: Can cut himself with a throwing knife, smear his blood on it and throw it at enemys. This does 25 damage and infects them with HIV. Upon hitting an enemy he shouts "haha you have HIV". This causes the op you hit to collapse due to the shock of knowing theyll likely now have HIV
IQ is immune to this gadget, rework pls.

shut up ubisoft

More like HIVQ lmao

>Tfw shitter
>but learning bout demn angles and getting better, even getting mvp
My stats are bad but I'm raising them
Maybe one day I'll git gud

Operator Idea: Tarantula DEFENSE

Male, Euro/latin background, dunno which yet. 30 years old, scientist/engineer of some sort, Dark hair no matter what.

Main weapon: Winchester .44 magnum lever action heirloom short barrel rifle ala Mare's Leg, Honey Badger PDW short magazine version, Pancor Jackhammer shotgun

Secondary weapon: M93 Beretta raffica, Browning Hi-Power.

2 armor 2 speed

Gadget: Microlauncher of some sort ala Hibana that shoots a contained polimer that expands over a hole/hatch or opening leaving an obstruction that resembles a tarantula web.. 4 charges, 1 is enough to cover a hatch/impact nade hole, 2-3 needed to cover a standard door entrance/window, all 4 charges are required to cover large doors/windows.. Can be destroyed with explosive damage and shotgun fire, the time between the webs leave the launcher until they fully deploy on the surface would be between 2,3 seconds.

Thoughts?

>Have a friend who still thinks that ever since his initial nerf that BB is underpowered despite the fact he can literally tank a few headhots

>some faggot kills the hostage twice
>doesn't get removed
>downs half the team as cav
>I down him and revive the team
>he bleeds out
>3 hour ban lol

im fucking fuming right now tbhqhwymfamalam

killing the hostage should deactivate your fucking account

So this.... is the power... of sliver 3.... woah.....

new oprerator idea: termite
attacker who throws glass jars which shatter and release termites which gradually eat through contiguous sections of unreinforced walls and floors, stopping after five meters or when they reach a hole or reinforcement

Which operator do i buy?

3 hour ban means you are a team killing faggot yourself
kill yourself

Thermite, Thatcher, Sledge
Mute, Bandit, Jager

Unlock base ones first if you have the normal game, if you have shitter edition also unlock most base game operators

Mira, Doc, Mute

Jackal, Blitz, Twitch, Thermite

Unlock all base ops first because they cost fucking nothing
You didn't buy Korean MMO edition,
right?

When do the new ops release? 707th look fucking awful, I hope the other one isn't fucking female as well and isn't hipster.

The other operator is a trap, screencap this hi /r/rainbow6

You realize the leaks aren't final, right? Remember we got blonde Ela as a leak and we didn't get that as the final.

If they add a transexual to Rainbow Six I'll stop playing completely.

>implying Mary "Ela" Sue isn't already one

Better leave now. Don't let Castle's barricade hit your ass on the way out

I have bad news for you.
Better just uninstall and go back to /pol/ now

Just teamkill everyone who picks it lmao

>teammate tries to revive the hostage the enemy shot
>fuze trying to matryoska the room the rest of our team is in
>the pulse throwing C4 at the squad picking up armour
>rook trying to give armour to the enemy
>i make us all half health for more challenge XD

Clever way of getting him banned, I like it

To be fair on the first point though they shouldn't have put a big REVIVE icon above the hostage the the attackers down him

FUCK ELA

so is there a reason why Ela's pistol has a sight when characters like IQ and the shield ops don't?

shes so special

Because the the GROM attacker has a shield option (like Fuze) and uses the same pistol

then why wouldn't it be like Cav where she has a separate pistol?

Season Pass

Why should i avoid starter edition? I only want to play 2 or 3 operators

Anyone who has a "main" should be gassed

suit yourself goy

please post classic kappy moments itt
youtube.com/watch?v=HF27j2fqEa4

But why is it bad?
I played it on ps4 and only found a few operators that i actually liked. Whats wrong with only playing characters I enjoy?
Figured I'd get it as cheap as possible on pc

>that audio
kys

If someone picks whoever you like the most you are fucked? you can like having one favorite characther, but not being able to be flexible and other stuff is gonna screw you even more

sagiri a shit

>planning to get a $1.5k PC just to play Siege
>they might pull up with this shit

I stg I’m the kind to throw shade but that would be so fucking dumb. There’s absolutely no reason to add trans on elite CTUs when there is barely woman on the real ones. Everyone knows women will never perform as good as men. Maybe if they inject test into their cunts but in the end a guy can do the same and surpass humanity.

when?

Terrible idea that couldnt hold a torch to pizza delivery guy.
Everyone has a main, tard. Only idiots don’t have good secondaries.

Just how grindy is the starter edition?

Frost is obv a qtp2t trap.

>pizza delivery guy

a attack op that poses as a civilian delivery guy and has to be let in by the defenders and leave a pizza somewhere on the map, giving a massive score loss if he's killed but can only be in the house during planning face?

That sounds absolutely horrible