/cwg/ Classic WoW General

>What is this?
Blizzard announced legacy servers, as we wanted them, at Blizzcon 2017.

>Where can I learn more?
There's not much info out right now, other than development has started - and that it'll stay true to the original experience.

Plausible Tom Chilton conspiracy below:
>After working on World of Warcraft from its alpha in 2004 to the release of Legion, in late 2016 Chilton announced that he would be leaving the team to "[focus] on another project within the company".
note: Blizzard said only one person was working on this until announcement so don't expect quick release

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/HcFjZ
strawpoll.com/h7fhwsgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

vanilla sux lol

>go to mmo-champion
>they think servers will be empty after 2 months
>they think that people only wanted the servers for nostalgic reasons
>they think comments like „LOL YOU GUYS DESERVE ONLY VANILLA AND NOTHING ELSE- TOUGH LUCK.“ is a way to degrade classic fans
>they think the fact that you couldn't pull more than 2-3 mobs without dying is only because people „back then“ were worse- today everything would be easy because people have more skill
>they ignore the fact that Nostalrius is basically present since two years with a steady population of 7-12k players online at the same time and that most of their „vanilla is bad nobody would like it“ arguments are negated by this fact

Really activates my almonds guys. And those are the people that always said „if you don't like LFR/LFD/flying mounts don't use them. It's Blizz decision if they want to add stuff or not“.

Which warrior spec is most fun

>Second for the Magram Clan Centaur
Gelkis please leave

your only allowed in my guild if you know who can make fire by rubbing 2 ice cubes together (hint: it rhymes with huck orris)

Just wanted to point out because I keep seeing people say this shit on all sorts of forum. The people bitching about having old school graphics only better fucking be playing at 4:3.

I know these people are mostly underage and private server shitters but still. It's getting annoying.

>bridge unfinished, forever
Like Jesus intended.

where is kirk j's wife?

It's lonely being at the top, get used to it.

>I can speak kitty, and effsee said thank you!

>I know these people are mostly underage
If you want new graphics you don't want Vanilla. Period.

Anyone want to run scholo with me?

And you'll play the game in 4:3?

1 sub for both. That way current retail players will try it and they'll be able to buy the new loot boxes they implement in vanilla :)

Would you let me heal your wounds on your dungeon run, user?

why do you believe 16:9 wasn't a thing in 2004?

>vanilla dps groups
>2 warlocks
>5 fire mages
>5 fire mages
>4 Fury warriors, 1 hunter
>3 Fury warriors, 1 hunter, 1 Rogue

>It's ok that hybrids with heal specs do bad (pve) DPS, but completely fine for a class with 2 roles to out DPS every pure spec in the game

So...this is the state of puristcucks lol...

like you cant actually argue with those people, they have managed to delude themselves into somehow thinking we're the welfare kiddos, which is the irony of the ages coming from those who actively play welfare epic/legendary party consolation prize craft or whatever its called.

Wait so if they improve on Vanilla for their Classic server why not add jewelcrafting and sockets into the game?

did you just assume Vanilla raids are 20-mans?

>seriously thinking old models/shit textures is why people want to play vanilla

get out you dweeb

do you have no reading comprehension at all

why would anyone read anything a retail cuck has to say about Vanilla?

Fuck off

Not him, but I genuinely would, if I could get my hands on a working CRT, either for free or on the cheapo. Vanilla doesn't have wide screen option, so your FoV is the same even on 16:9. A wider screen gives more real estate for addons and shit, but I don't use that many and would rather see everything without having to move my eyes. I'm not going windowed mode, cos it bothers me tho.

Fury warriors out dps pure classes
This is ok because ____

>imp renew
>SoR
This is the best spec, unless your in AQ to buff other spellcasters

What do you need the second warlock for?

Oh you're a hipster and want to play the game like you have a $3000 Sony fw900 and a brand new p4 rig.
I can get that.

when is it coming out

healthstones are a binch

Takes more skill
You have to have an extremely high IQ to handle the warrior piano class

about 2 years from now

they don't until naxx

Why is she so hot bros...

That's funny, I haven't played WoW in 10 years and I just created my build on a whim based on what seemed most reasonable without even remembering all the skills and content. Yet pretty close to the optimal meta build, if that's the one you have.

Vanilla is so easy.

Yeah, but what do you need the second warlock for?

what you just replied with wasn't an argument nor an answer

I'll literally never invite a dps priest/paladin/druid/ shaman depending on faction

At the end of BfA when the content draught begins.
Then we will be able to call ourselfs Blizzbulls

Because it only happens when they have BIS in late raiding tiers

>simple = easy
Oh you sweet summer child

but warrior is a pure class?

why is it that people who hate healing keep rolling healing classes when they already know in advance that their class is shit for DPS.

I can understand if you already have a max level hybrid and want to switch specs but the server isn't even out yet?

fuck, everywhere i read about classic wow it's people demanding class rebalance and dual spec. i think they're gonna force blizzard to ruin it with all kinds of little "improvements". fucking retailcucks.

Yeah I've been looking through vanilla talent calculators. So many of the talents are utterly worthless, so it's really easy to see what's optimal.

Why are there so many people against classic wow? Fucking retailfags are scared I bet. It's not that they want it to fail, they NEED it to fail.

Reminder that anyone at or below the age of 20 cannot possibly have played vanilla and can't have a relevant opinion on it.

you need full tier 3 to even compete with the worst DPS classes as fury in raids.

Here you go
imgur.com/a/HcFjZ

has there been any indication as to what patch classic will start on (mechanically speaking, not content-wise necessarily)

It was a statement. I stereotyped you into a group that makes it easy to dismiss your claims instead of explaining why you're cancer over an over.

I don't get it, either. Why do they get so upset over a game they're not gonna play?

Pretty sure it's confirmed Chilton is working on Diablo 4.

Nothing wrong with dual specs, it removes a tax that fucks over healers and tanks

okay well that wasn't very nice, can you not do that?

>tfw ywn impregnate mommy shenna's bp

Nothing wrong with group finder, it removes waiting hours finding people for a dungeon + walking to it + waiting time etc. etc.

Just play retail if you want that QoL babbyfest

fucking disgusting
absolutely sickening.
i want to torture these niggers

Not when your kind is bitching this hard for having only oldschool graphics while not running 4:3.

strawpoll.com/h7fhwsgs

what do you mean by "your kind"?

>flat chest
>hot

>being gay

The one concern with classic is that all of the people who have played private servers for years are going to just bring the "rush to 60, play the meta we know everything about" mentality. I hope its a small enough set of people that it won't be too apparent tht everyone knows exactly what to do , in the most optimum way possible. That was the fun of vanilla for me, and as someone who hasnt played it since genuine retail, I will be blind once again.

It's a group composed mainly of private server and younger people.

>hurr durr durr hurr
Group finder kills the community, shrinks the world and makes it feel like dungeons are being done with NPC teammates. Dual specs make it possible for tanks and healers to kill shit when they aren't raiding without needing to spend all their gold.

I don't get it, doesn't Vanilla natively support widescreen?

people had 1920x1080 back in like 1998 lmao

If it ends up being a real 1.1 server at launch that should change things up. Everybody's guides and optimizations are based on 1.12.1.

AHAHAHAHAHA NIGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coming soon
>hierlooms :)
>DLC rAIDS
>transmog
>lootbox chests
>barber shop
>selfie mode
>normies
>balanced specs
>lvl 20 mountz
>LF dungeon
>raidfinder
>nu-models
>normies
>girl gamers
>wrath babbies
>cata babbies
>legion babbies
>wod babbies
>mop babbies
>flying mounts
>wow tokens
>pets
>pet battles
>pet selfies
>dailies
>gear tokens
>custom tabards
>battle.net friendz
>wide sweeping patches that change the entire game but keep normies interested and playing for another month
>sjw shit
>feminist shit
>customizable EXP rates
>chat moderators that are easily triggered
>GMs who are taught the customer is always right
>bans and mutes for offensive language
>gear score
>refer a friend
>Res scroll
>insta-boost
>casual raids
>in-game hearthstone in the INNs
>achievements
>achievements that unlock shit in overwatch
>overwatch babbies
>achievements that unlock shit in hots
>hots babbies
>achievements that unlock shit in hearthstone
>hearthstone babbies
>simplified class quests
>streamlined leveling
>nu-talents
please add to this list as you see fit

Vanilla is both simple and easy yet amazing, what's the problem?

black people

>it exists so it's an absolute
Spot the kids.

There will always be hardcore people that get to 60 within 3 days and clear mc by the end of the first week, that's fine and I like it when people keep it competitive but I take the game slowly and enjoy both the leveling and the end game content and don't care if I have a ret or boomkin in my raid and there's a lot of people like me even though we joke about the underplayed specs.

>leftist that gets offended by mean words is still in this general

So I'm wondering.
Obviously we want vanilla, but how would you feel about some little changes?
I'm not talking about changing talents but more like qol things that were desperately needed.

I don't think there's a warlock player on the planet that would complain about soul shards being changed so they fucking stack.
Wouldn't fix the issue of them being treated like a taxi and vending machine service or the hour before every raid to farm them, but making each shard take up a separate item slot for every single one pushed it beyond retardation.

Or using the updated graphics, character models and effects which is a purely cosmetic thing.

You have to be careful with things like this though since once you justify one qol change you can justify a thousand others, and then it isn't vanilla anymore.

>after a few years Blizzard move it on to TBC

how would you feel about that? remove flying mounts and I'm there.

the community has spoken ... I think we need to have some QoL improvements like balanced classes and retuned raids/5mans to accommodate a mode modern audiance.

Does he have a point?

I wouldn't mind that but I would prefer if they kept it in Vanilla and just released new content/raids and finished up some unfinished zones

why would you need a rogue? also 3 warlocks maybe?

>retail players calling Vanilla fans younger people

pottery.

>4:3 was popular back when the game came out so it's an absolute that you must use it
based retard

When the majority used 4:3 yes, kiddo.
k

Keep beating that dead horse, boyo

It supports widescreen but it's quirky. Pic explains.

Sure lad, the community is only 47 people.

Tbh the poll is kinda shit, what does "small qol changes" even mean?

>tfw you have another chance to get Corrupted Ashbringer

CoR obv

dead horse
ed

ho
r
s
e

Adding TBC servers and offering free transfers to them would be fine, but replacing the vanilla servers with them wouldn't.
I can see the argument against, though, since the community isn't gonna be huge in the first place, splitting it further might not be a great idea.

there's a fov fix

It's a troll campaign and it's vague on purpose. I thought this was obvious.

why would they not release a Vanilla, Wrath and BC server all at once. do retail babs actually think Vanilla was a good expansion compared to BC or pre-nerf cata?

what's this meme about "Classic" meaning just Vanilla servers, do you think they're recreating the entire expansion from scratch? they have all the files backed up.

>speak with normie friends about classic server
>two of them are eager to do world PVP and bash alliance players all day long while leveling together
>another one constantly goes off daydreaming
>Oh i want vanilla but I want the new character models and higher resolution and dungeon browser and flying and and and and

Man, atleast I got my World PVP bros

No shit.

Unexpected horse in beating area
Please remove horse from beating area

did anyone hear that? sounded like a distant neigh