/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Previous thread: Subnautica release soon, maybe, potentially.

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=950475543
knyttlevels.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But I don't want some shovelware trash you make every 6 or 12 months, I want a masterpiece like Underrail and it's soon to release expansion Expedition.

Above-water or under-water exploration?

Expedition or Subnautica?

Who will release first?

I have no idea what the release schedule of Subnautica is but it's gonna be Subnautica 'cause Expedition won't be out in this guy's:
lifetime.

It's out.

whatever

Go away with that OP.

Shoo shoo spider.

I made a huge mistake

Shiiiiiiit nigga does A18 have spiders or is that a mod?

I'd rather have spiders than that giant thing.

okay nevermind I don't want spiders either jesus

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=950475543

They're fucking terrifying. They leave webs that incapacitate prey, then fuck their shit up and carry the corpses back to their little spider house.
Oh god I need to get a granite wall up fast.

NOPE NOPE NOPE

YOU CANNOT STOP THE SPIDER MENACE!

Too late, now I am stuck in the void.

This hidden area is creeping me out btw. The entrance was placed in a way that you need to jump to it blind after seeing it from the start or strave across the wall leading to it because PHYSICS! The wierd part is that the GUI is gone and no comands except walking, jumping and main menu work here.

This is the only line so far voiced by a man instead of the same female voice of this girl. I feel like it is significant but don't have the info needed to know exactly why yet.

>Indie games are dying
Bitch, Indie Games are stronger than ever. Where the fuck have you been the last 10 years?

What game?

>ywn shitpost with the /ntg/ senpaitachi like the good old days

Also tiddie everytime I feed her more colour.
The Void / Tensions
It's like one of those fancy dream walking sims but with actual gameplay.

I finally played Silent Hill 2.
I wish I didn't.

>Chicken
Kek.
If you've ever been to /v/ Vermin threads, Vermin based on Cuz and Chicken were paired up in a recent tournament.

>characters in Rimjobworld need to be 17 to have sex
>but 1-year olds can carry guns and use the research table to invent space ship parts

Do you think super luckys tale will be a fun plattformer?

How was your October?
>Norwood Suite
>A Hat in Time
>Bomber Crew
>AER Memories of Old
>Yono and the Celestial Elephants

>How was your October?
I tried to kill myself and failed. Does that answer your question?

Maybe.
Great.

Usually said by people who only play things that have extreme word of mouth.

>Styg fought off pressure to casualize Underrail
>finally caves in and sells out the last truly great video game experience

This is why I can't stop watching guro anime

Did you beat it?

Yeah. I completely misunderstood it. I thought the town was trying to heal James with some kind of shock therapy, but when I saw him and heard him talking, I understood.
He doesn't want to be healed. He just wants his wife, and the town mocks him.

What.

did he shitpost in steam again

somebody has to stop the madman

>/indie/

Aw man, you got me all excited for nothing. Shame on you.
I think user only just found out about the map devlog.

So is this place safe?

yes sleep there a lot.

>back when /v/ could get mad at unecessary sexualization
I miss those days.

I still get mad, if that counts.
Fucking feminists completely ruined that.

Nah trolls trolling trolls to shill for companies ruined everything.

And feminists too. Nowaday, if you get mad at overly sexualized characters, you're a cuck hating yourself.

Yeah sure people who want equal rights for everyone is the reason aaa games shove lootboxes up your ass.

There are actually two options here.

A, Styg wants more dosh and will gladly pander to casuals to get it. We will gradually see more and more casual-friendly elements added to the game, and there is nothing we can do about it. We will panic and bitch and cry and eventually snap and jump ship, but stay bitter for the end of times.

B, This is just Styg being Styg, not giving a single flying fuck what any of us wants or thinks. The same Styg that tells the Codex he doesn't care if they cry and quit at Deep Caverns. The same Styg who edits the writer's work because in his mind singular Godman is correct. Some of it we like, and some of it we don't. Nothing has changed, and there is nothing to worry about.

Only time will tell which is correct, I guess.

Wait what?

Styg works in mysterious ways.

Explosion from pisstank's rocket decided to spawn on the opposite side of 1 tile wall (or rather, pushed there), directly where I was at the moment.
Shit like that is why this game is the best ever and the worst ever at the same.

I meant the fact you had Rogue kids as Horror.

Well, but there is a third option. A terrible possibility, a thought whose mere existence is blasphemy. Suppose that Styg did not sell out to the casuals. He is as true to his vision as he always had been. But suppose that his vision... is not as great as we believed it was.

That's just something of a random encounter.

>Styg works in mysterious ways.
Nah, it is just the which brand of vodka he drank at the day.

But Styg doesn't drink. Or does he?

I miss Starsector general, I want to shitpost about overpowered ships and RED´s Titan

>But Styg doesn't drink. Or does he?
He is slav. It is as much in their nature as is their inability to feel happiness when not inflicting pain on another living being.

>last 10 years
The rise and fall of indie games, currently still in decline. You and your friends are dead

Worse game in the franchise
Theres a reason its not on GOOD old games

Yeah, but I think he said it once. I know I was surprised, because not drinking is very un-slav-like. Maybe he was joking.

Anyone remember Knytt Stories?

An Evening Stroll is a sort of fan version of Quincent Cartographer's A Walk at Night (One of my favorites). Without revealing too much, the game is very atmospheric and adds some reason for exploring the city, and powerups make it worth revisiting areas.

There's also some bullshit jumps involved (rated Very Hard). If you're stuck, hit ctrl+shift+c to unlock cheat mode, then teleport with space+right-click
Both levels can be found at knyttlevels.com/

>A, Styg wants more dosh and will gladly pander to casuals to get it. We will gradually see more and more casual-friendly elements added to the game, and there is nothing we can do about it.
This blue waters strategy has not once ever succeeded in games. Styg will lose the trust of his core base while casuals will pass on the game anyway. Then Expedition is cancelled and Stygian software shuts its door within 6 months.

No I still called you a faggot then and years before.

Found it.

Has anyone else in the universe played this game?

How dies that even work without discs to scan?

>Trusting a slav
>Ever

If there is one thing slavs never lie about it's alcohol. It's a matter of honor and integrity.

And which people want equal rights, exactly?
And which people don't have them?

We're a Nifflas-hating community

>honor and integrity.
>slavs

>as is their inability to feel happiness when not inflicting pain on another living being.
Now you're getting closer.

Have you ever gone drinking with slavs? It's serious business.

I'll try it.

That's pretty surprising to hear, considering the game is free.

you're a cock loving faggot s'what you are

Thought it was Monster Ranchers DS

Stop projecting yourself.
Uurnog was great.

What you guys are doing right now? I am watching Nerd Crew, currently.

>not projecting himself
Begone, this is an Übermensch community.

Halfway to my first playtrough of Darkwood, i dont know who i will give the key to the chicken lady's house.
The wolf is an asshole, and the old woods is a no zone for now.

Expedition soon!

I've been alternating between playing Exanima and reading Goblin Slayer. I'm starting to git gud at Exanima, I can somewhat reliably deal with shield users now whereas before I just had to hope I could hit them more than they hit me. I want to get back into blacksmithing but I keep forgetting to do it at the time of day where the noise is acceptable.

I'm replaying La-Mulana to grab footage for a video project.

I've traveled to so many worlds.

Cuphead isnt indie
>>>/nmsg/

Underrail is a commercial failure and proof that soyboy is right

Remember to keep an eye at your legwork. Basically, 75% of the combat is legwork.

What specifically should I be looking for? I haven't gone any deeper into legwork than crouch attacks to get under shields, which have been a lot less consistent than just timing overhead attacks.

>level 100
Phew, lad.

This game is pretty good but also pretty easy.

I don't think there is a reason to go through year 2.

I went in blind and decided to do the bundles and got the Greenhouse in my first year, and it pretty much broke the game.

I now have a full Hops to Ale operation going on before my first winter. I get 60 hops every single day and I don't think I'll ever be able to make enough kegs to keep up with it. Seasons don't even matter any more.

Basically, because the combat is physics based, you have to move in way to increase the damage of your attacks while ideally getting in the sides of your enemy, and the relative distance between you and your enemy dramatically affects whatever or not you actually gets hurt by the enemy(you can, for example, stop an enemy attack by bumping into and thus making them unable to swing their weapons at you), plus making sure that there is nothing in the way of your path so you don't trip and become an easy target. Is pretty simple, on theory, but you have to understand how the characters work and move.

I was able to get some pretty good results being more mindful of my footwork, started stepping and turning into attacks. Does a lot more damage and hits faster so they have less time to block it. In my experience stepping into attacks often causes polearms to go around and hit you in the back, especially when using a shield.

Stepping into their attacks so they can't hit I mean with that third sentence. First sentence was stepping into my attacks to do more damage.

The game is way too easy. By the time I hit year 2 I had so much stuff stored away to be processed in the Kegs that I literally ended up with 5 ingame years worth of daily 5k profits.

I could literally retire. And so I did.

/indie/ is dead. Long live /indie/!

what the fuck was his problem?

You will have to wait until the next big update, in the next millenium

Hitman is /indie/ now, right? I hope IO can make another season.

Only played the first one, Contracts and Blood Money. Only Blood Money was good. What's that new Hitman about?