/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/libretro/parallel-n64/blob/master/libretro/libretro.c#L353
github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/10040
imgur.com/a/9pYYN
github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded
youtube.com/watch?v=mS5k-nvIQ3g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's sad because he still acts like an angsty teenager.

Is there any reason not to use ParaLLEL if your pc can handle it?

Why would you ever want to use Parallel over Glupen64?

Feels pretty legit plus it plays rogue squadron

Why would you play the shitty 30fps console port of rogue squadron?

ParaLLEL can run all N64 games at 60fps

I don't know if you actually think that, or if you're merely pretending to be retarded. That does sound like the kind of stupid shit someone here would say.

vita emulator when

github.com/libretro/parallel-n64/blob/master/libretro/libretro.c#L353
wew lad

I hate to break up this thrilling argument
but I have a small cemu problem...

I'm using new-nusgrabber-gui and trying to find the four files I have to have to run the "new" mario bros/luigi u games. The OP link doesn't just have a quick friendly link to them and wiiuusbhelper is all I've used before, so I'm having some trouble locating what I specifically have to download.
I'd be happy to otherwise help out anyone else with a problem they've got, too.

There are no vita exclusives worth playing.

this

That doesn't mean what you think it means. wew lad XDDDD

Xbox emulator when

Now.

I think that was just to make some video plugins to output 60fps instead of native 20fps-30fps, it just does frame duping not affecting the actual framerate of the game.

PCSX2 SOFTWARE ONLY CORE
WHEN
H
E
N

Alright, back to Blood Omen. Just found some fucking BONE ARMOR. I don't know what it does, but it looks pretty bitchin'.

Where can i get more overlays?

Clever girl

I love my Ryzen 1600!

P4G

>sonyggers are actually this delusional

Persona 4? That's also on PS2

I actually supported CEMU in the past. That is when I believed that paying full-price for an early access emulator helped developers actually make the emu. Obviously I was wrong, and the $$$ went to fueling a heroine induced sex tour in Taipei. Days and nights of lady-boy love in heroine dens, can only explain the results of the years of development.

My only regret was helping fund American sex-tourism and the Columbian drug cartels.

and kys

Make them.

Was going to suggest this as well. It's trivial to make your own borders when you have something like what that user to use as a template.

If only he said P4 and not P4G. Novice mistake, we don't judge you.

You forgot the "/s" my dear redditor. No need to thank me.

Now get the fuck out

No really, why is there random stuttering in Project Diva 2nd with every backend in PPSSPP?

Are you on Android?

No, I'm using Windows 7 and a GTX 970.

>GTX 970

The game used to run fine. I stopped using PPSSPP for a few months, came back to it and now It's doing this shit.

801 active issues and counting.

This is yours right? github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/10040
>0 responses
You have my sympathy.

Yeah. Some jackass on here told me to make an issue report. Fat lot of fucking good that did.

Neckbearding so hard the automod cringed.

He's right though.

risho pls.

I think I'm about at my limits of what I can do with this one.

Based simias irking the PCSX2 shitter

bump

Stop bringing that Reddit shit here.

No.

Another questionable shader comparison. imgur.com/a/9pYYN

Acceptance has gone too far.

At least they're Brach's. They use real honey in their candy corn instead of just corn syrup so it tastes decent.

SP must pay for his crimes.

So is there any rhyme or reason to which PPSSPP issues get fixed and which get ignored?

I would bet that at least a quarter of the issues are either duplicates, user error, or something that was already fixed. Combing through that fuckpile of issues takes time, especially since hrydgard is the one doing 95% of it.

fix when

>Not eating the superior pumpkin-shaped candy corn

You sick fuck.

The problem I've had with the guide is that I kind of wrote myself into a corner. The "linear" approach works well for the CPU where you implement an instruction at a time. Once you're done with that though you tend to jump all over the place as issues arise and you iterate on each module as needed. That would be a bit messy for a guide.

I could just ignore that and describe each module independently but then it won't be nearly as didactic (since you wouldn't actually implement the emulator like this) and I'd just end up with better formatted No$ specs.

How goes the new hardware tests? That's probably the only exciting thing going on with psx emulation right now.

>What Intel graphics is recommended for dolphin/pcsx2?
For Native? I think that any will do.

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded
You're welcome.

>The game used to run fine.
Then use whatever version you used back then.
You can find them in the PPSSPP's Buildbot.

You can always try to ask in its thread at the PPSSPP Forums and/or also open a thread in the "General Discussion and Announcements" section.

You know, you have a brain for a reason.
If you actually cared about running the game, you wouldn't ask the same shit over and over instead of actually doing something to solve your issue.

Nah, I'll just complain about it in every thread until it's fixed. Enjoy seeing "No really, why is there random stuttering in Project Diva 2nd with every backend in PPSSPP?" along side "Vita emulator when" "PCSX2 software only core when" "Reminder that Byuu is hoarding undumped games" "SP must pay for his crimes"

Haven't had a lot of time to code lately. My display library is starting to work but I want to add scrolling to be able to see more than one full page of results at once.

Enjoy getting the same C&Ps in response to your C&Ps then, as usual.

One final bump before I fuck off and go to sleep.

Real question here. How you organize your emulation folder? Currently i have console name folder with roms and emulators together. I think this is wrong, because sometimes i use one emulator for different consoles, and anyway my emu folder is tottaly messed up.

Those rituals means we have developed some culture.

>dat font rendering
consider suicide

Emulators are symlinked into ~/bin (so I don't have to expand "$PATH" even further), their configs are in ~/.config (or symlinked into it when you cannot change it like in dolphin-emu).
ROMs are located on another HDD, (/mnt/hdd3/ROMs).
Each game has its own folder. In case of multiple regions, the ROMs are in the same folder, despite different names.
Only exception I did is grouping GB/GBC in one folder and said folder sharing a folder with my GBA ROMs folder.
Also, saves and save states are stored in their own special directory instead of letting them cluttering up the ROMs' folder.
Not really the best system, I'm aware. But old habits die really hard for me.

so, roms and emulators in different directories is the best way
also need make one directory for screenshots

ROMS:
D:\emus\
>Arcade
>Nintendo NES
>1942.nes
etc etc
For emulators:
D:\emus\«emulators\
>cemu
>retroarch
>dolphin
>pcsx2
etc

/Emulatiion
-----/[ROM]
----------/Folder for each system
-----/Retroarch
-----/MAME
-----/Dolphin

Cultured some garbage, rather.

>How you organize your emulation folder?
|---- Emulation
|___|---- Emulators
|___|---- Games
|_______|----GB & GBC
|_______|----GBA
|_______|----PS1
|_______|----NDS
|_______|----SNES
And inside each console's folder, there's a folder with the ROM/ISO and any documentation that I might need if it's a ROM Hack.

Relevant: youtube.com/watch?v=mS5k-nvIQ3g

I have retroarch on my tablet but can't select anything. I connected a PS4 controller and can toggle things but cannot select anything. Any suggestions?

I agree. Pumpkins are the best. I have at least 6 pounds of various melocream candy at any given time, usually 12-18 after 50% off sales. Most of that is pumpkins.
Last year Brach fucked them up and made them taste like the chocolate corn, which is just disgusting with their pumpkin texture. Glad it did not happen this year.

Did the game crash?

No, it's just a view of the full VRAM without draw area support (so it draws all over the place).

So the PPSSPP stuttering isn't just Diva 2nd and Diva Extend. It also happens in Castlevania. I'm going to assume it happens in all games.

My issue report was completely ignored, so I'll ask one more time. Windows 7, gtx 970, i5, all settings default. Happens with all backends. Someone please help me.

Have you tried the RetroArch port? Or maybe just disabling Aero.

Retroarch core was fucked in ways I can't even describe.

With the latest core and system files in place?

Yes. Turning off Aero didn't fix anything.

Pretty much the same way other anons have mentioned, but I thought I'd bring up PS1 games. For those I use single .m3u files that I keep in their own folder, and then I have a data folder that has all of the .cue and .bin files to avoid clutter. For example:

./Final Fantasy VII (USA).m3u
./Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA).m3u
./Valkyrie Profile (USA).m3u

./Data/Final Fantasy VII (USA) (Disc 1).cue
./Data/Final Fantasy VII (USA) (Disc 2).cue
./Data/Final Fantasy VII (USA) (Disc 3).cue
./Data/Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 1).cue
./Data/Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 2).cue
./Data/Valkyrie Profile (USA) (Disc 1).cue
./Data/Valkyrie Profile (USA) (Disc 2).cue
./Data/Final Fantasy VII (USA) (Disc 1).bin
./Data/Final Fantasy VII (USA) (Disc 2).bin
./Data/Final Fantasy VII (USA) (Disc 3).bin
./Data/Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 1) (Track 1).bin
./Data/Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 1) (Track 2).bin
./Data/Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 1) (Track 3).bin
./Data/Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 2) (Track 1).bin
./Data/Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 2) (Track 2).bin
./Data/Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 2) (Track 3).bin
./Data/Valkyrie Profile (USA) (Disc 1).bin
./Data/Valkyrie Profile (USA) (Disc 2).bin

Also in retroarch I manually add those .m3u files to the playlists instead of the .cue files so that there's only one entry per game, and also so that there's only one save file across discs

>So the PPSSPP stuttering isn't just Diva 2nd and Diva Extend. It also happens in Castlevania. I'm going to assume it happens in all games.
You can always try to ask in their threads at the PPSSPP Forums and/or also open a thread in the "General Discussion and Announcements" section.

If you actually cared about running the game, you wouldn't ask the same shit over and over instead of actually doing something to solve your issue.

What I want then is for you to piss off from my timeline and no longer appear wherever I am talking, and also to shut your mouth online about me. That is what I want. Also, reimburse the money for that Shield hardware would be a nice gesture back. "I don't like you and have no interest in working with you" - yeah the dude who sent you that hardware whom I had to convince to send it to you because I wanted to show my appreciation for your work would be sure glad to know what the return on his investment was - 'alright, hope he stays'. That is what happens when I take chances on people. Pathetic parasite. If you don't like me and have no interest working with me, then you don't need the toys I hooked you up with either. Reimburse the money already. There is a 'donate' button on the website right there, with several options on how to reimburse it. And no, I don't need the hardware back, I need that money you took from a guy whom 'you don't like'. I can find better contributors that I could hook up with some other gear instead, and unlike you they don't stalk me around either and fling mud in my face.
Go fuck yourself with your sanctimonious bullshit, and BTW, next time I see you entering another thread again where I am around, one of my repos, places where you were unmentioned, and you keep this kind of 'prodding' along, I will report you. That I can assure you. I am about fed up with your constant vitriolic bullshit buddy and now I'm about to do something about it. You are put on notice here. All your posts are going to be deleted, out of sight, out of mind. Your presence is unwanted and undesired from this point on, and I will make sure that you stay gone.

Nice pasta friendo, I won't even read it but you can go ahead and do by yourself whatever you told me to do on it.

;)

Well check online for a solution then, dummy.

Non commercial is not open source

Which controller would you guys recommend for emulation?

I was going to grab a DS4 but I've heard rumours about input lag and shit.

I don't.

I basically put RetroArch in 1 folder (which is the only emulator I use anyways), LaunchBox in another and just set LaunchBox to copy all the files in its games folder.

What do you want to emulate?

As a general purpose controller I'm pretty happy with the Xbone one.

Pretty much anything classic.

I'm used to the DS3 but mine broke. I also have a PSOne DS1 I'm using right now but Im wondering if there's anything better.

If you like DS I'd say go for it. It's very subjective in the end.

Personally I prefer using a SNES copycat controller for older consoles (like an ibuffalo for instance).

What I want then is for you to piss off from my timeline and no longer appear wherever I am talking, and also to shut your mouth online about me. That is what I want. Also, reimburse the money for that Shield hardware would be a nice gesture back. "I don't like you and have no interest in working with you" - yeah the dude who sent you that hardware whom I had to convince to send it to you because I wanted to show my appreciation for your work would be sure glad to know what the return on his investment was - 'alright, hope he stays'. That is what happens when I take chances on people. Pathetic parasite. If you don't like me and have no interest working with me, then you don't need the toys I hooked you up with either. Reimburse the money already. There is a 'donate' button on the website right there, with several options on how to reimburse it. And no, I don't need the hardware back, I need that money you took from a guy whom 'you don't like'. I can find better contributors that I could hook up with some other gear instead, and unlike you they don't stalk me around either and fling mud in my face.
Go fuck yourself with your sanctimonious bullshit, and BTW, next time I see you entering another thread again where I am around, one of my repos, places where you were unmentioned, and you keep this kind of 'prodding' along, I will report you. That I can assure you. I am about fed up with your constant vitriolic bullshit buddy and now I'm about to do something about it. You are put on notice here. All your posts are going to be deleted, out of sight, out of mind. Your presence is unwanted and undesired from this point on, and I will make sure that you stay gone.

You can always try to ask in its thread at the PPSSPP Forums and/or also open a thread in the "General Discussion and Announcements" section.

And no, I'm not fucking downloading the game and playing it by myself because I don't use the latest version, I use an old af one because it worked perfectly fine for the 1 or 2 PSP games that I've played.

I got Persona 5 and RPCS3 but it's asking for firmware, help don't want virus.

I used to dabble in VC injection emulation on the 3DS and was under the impression that it's a pretty good solution to portable and accurate emulation. Reading the general wiki makes me doubt my assumptions.
"[GBA] compatibility is a hit and a miss, missing features, and its software mode actually runs very slow."
I thought GBA emulation was top notch.

Would you suggest I drop emulation on 3DS - whether they're official releases or injections? Are there specific or general cases where I'd be much better off using other means to emulate?

Is inputlag a problem with the switch pro controller via usb bluetooth 4.0 dongal? Plan to use for dolphin and cemu