T. /gsg/ - Traditional Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 7th of November:
1989 – East German Prime Minister Willi Stoph, along with his entire cabinet, is forced to resign after huge anti-government protests.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 06/11
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1053632
EU4 DD 31/10
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1052692

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

>[V2] - Victoria 2 : Bronies Crusaders, A alternate History
indiedb.com/games/victoria-ii/downloads/bronies-crusaders

>[V2] - Make Liquor Great Again by Liquorlad
dropbox.com/s/o42kc4rjg24rtiv/makeliquorgreatagain.rar?dl=0

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>[V2] - unHPM v1.5
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years Mod
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>>[V2] - Vickymod v2.5
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - New Liangmod
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar

>[V2] - Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/ym39sj32irdiodl/genocide.zip?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love HPM.

it's a free mod don't fucking complain you entitled prick

So, I've finally got both Bavaria and Prussia down from GP status. I've since realized that Austria cannot form Germany without giving up its non core territory. That being said, there were three points I wanted opinions on;
1. Should Galicia-Lodomeria be its own puppet or part of a greater Poland? (Which then decides whether I use Congress or normal Poland.)
2. Should Slovakia be released as part of Hungary or as a separate state?
3. Since Banat is South German and would thus petition to integrate once I'm the cultural union, should I accept or leave them independent, since it's non-contiguous?
3.a UBD?

I'm cautious of any of my puppets getting too powerful, but I need to start releasing them, if I'm to form Germany.

What about an Emperor in Vienna? Fun fact: Germany petitioned the Austrians for the imperial regalia after unification, but were told no.

>Austria cannot form Germany without giving up its non core territory
You can.Just sphere all of Germany as if you would form it normally then eventually an event will fire which lets you form it without giving up anything.

So this Cold War enhancement mod for Vicky II, is it any good?

>modern day mods for vicky
No

i love democracy

>Germany petitioned the Austrians for the imperial regalia after unification, but were told no.
Source? That sounds funny as fuck.

Oh, really? I'm confused then. What is this requirement in 3 Hurrahs for Germany:
"(x) Any owned province (Austria):
Either...
is Austrian Core
is German Core
is colonial state"

Trying to see if there's an online source, but it was my friend reading it from a book he's got.

It means you can't own non-core provinces, but that requirement is bypassed by the austrian_greater_destiny(or something like that) flag that you will get from the event I mentioned.

So why isn't there an official steam group or discord? I understand there are a bunch of assholes but why does that stop everyone else from making one?

What book was it?

"Mein Kampf"

>no updated colours
Are you not using HPM or are you cheating?

Freakin' hella epic.
But really?

To everyone who's upset about genocide, I set up a standalone version of JUST the genocide events, decisions, modifiers, etc. You'll likely have to do some compatibility work (since event modifiers is used by HPM), but here's the Genocide stuff standalone.
dropbox.com/s/ym39sj32irdiodl/genocide.zip?dl=0

Sent him a message about it. Will post when he replies. He's offline, atm, though.

Funny enough, Hitler had the Regalia taken back to Nuremburg after the Anschluss.

Using HPM but a months old version. Haven't played Vicky in a while and didn't think to get an updated version before starting the game up.

>To everyone who's upset about genocide, I set up a standalone version of JUST the genocide events, decisions, modifiers, etc. You'll likely have to do some compatibility work (since event modifiers is used by HPM), but here's the Genocide stuff standalone.
>dropbox.com/s/ym39sj32irdiodl/genocide.zip?dl=0
It's just one person though.

stop trying to defend yourself hpm

It really is though. Look at the "arguments" every single time it's brought up. Always uses the words literally, unironically, etcetera.

Complaining is free too

genocide should be removed from hpm altogether, events and decisions in that mod cover that aspect of history enough

This. It has all the historical ones down, Circassia, Armenia, if it had the holocaust it'd be fully fleshed out and there'd be no need for dynamic genocide.

I mean, I appreciated the ability to get rid of all the Turkish pops as a resurgent Greece.

>armenian genocide
>""historical""

Maybe you should try to make friends in real life rather than simulating genocide of people you arbitrarily decide are worse than you.

Based black man

>>remove

You mean words spammed on all boards?

Turks are brown and based

the event that lets you keep all of austrias non-cores costs like 50 infamy. its something like "we would do ANYTHING for a united germany".

it takes like 4-6 months to fire i think

pacifist cuck

begone roach

But then I have to fight a dozen Containment wars, don't I? I'm not sure that's worth it, purely from the micromanagement standpoint.

It's almost like that would happen in real life if Germany decided to meme on the entirity of Europe.

>This day in history, 7th of November:
>1989 – East German Prime Minister Willi Stoph, along with his entire cabinet, is forced to resign after huge anti-government protests.

Reverse it

Eh, if you form grossgermany, even without the rest of the Austrian Empire, you can probably fight off all of europe at once. I know cuz I did so in my Austria-Germany run, and in that I released my non-core land.

I mean, you saw my original suggestion involved giving the land up.

Yeah, but it's going to be a lot of micromanagement is all. Not sure I want the rest of the game to be about burning off this infamy.

just made ramen. Give me a campaign

Suomi

in what game

>this is what shitpm actually believes

Eu4
either byzantium or the knights escape to the new world then migrate to china

was there ever an update to the broken religion icons in HPM when using Big Square Frames?

>a lot of micromanagement
why are you even here?

that meme krakow

>vanilla
>the krakow booger
Bonus points for keeping the cute little croatian tail, at least

>Not mentioning that the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution is today

>not creating a Ukrainian puppet in that southern area

Reminder to fuck over Br*zil every game

One time I was playing HPM I think, with an Immigration minimod, and Krakow got tons of immigrants all game and remained independant with like 2.4M pops

>But what finally decided the Tsar was something which had happened in America, whose Southern States had long been Russia’s principal source of raw cotton. As a result of the civil war there, supplies of this vital commodity had been cut off, badly affecting the whole of Europe. The Russians, however, were more fortunate than most. For some time they had known that the Khokand region of Central Asia, especially the fertile Ferghana valley, was particularly suitable for growing cotton, with the potential to produce it in very substantial quantities. Alexander was determined to get his hands on the cotton-fields of Central Asia, or at least on the crop itself, before anyone else did. And that meant the British.

Should there be cotton RGOs in Kokkand? I think it's mainly grain

Suitable doesn't mean it was grown there at the time, but maybe a decision for Russia/the British to change the RGO there. Bring it up to HPM next time he's on.

The year is 1500.

Thus far:
-Muslim sheikhs fight after expelling Christians
-France collapses, with Guyenne, Flanders, Normandy, Burgundy effectively becoming independent states
-Flanders joins the Holy Roman Empire, expels the Burgundians and vassalize their Norman allies in three wars
-Hungarian-Polish commonwealth the last bulwark against the hordes of zaporozhye tartars and ottoman turks
-Qasim Khanate conquers and converts Russia before Tver overthrows most of the yoke of Qasim overlords
-Novgorod remains in existence as a republic-in-exile in their Estonian colonies
-Mamelukes vassalizing and colonizing nearly all of North Africa and the Inner Sahara
-Great city-state trade republics of Italy are dead to Savoy, Milan, Tuscany, Naples
-Denmark re-christianizes Norway, Sweden, Finland from neo-pagan kingdoms
-Pomeranian crusaders re-christianize Brittany from neo-pagan kingdoms

I'm waiting out the reformation before I colonize any further. Where are the most valuable provinces in the New World? Any advice?

This is what always bothered me in Vic 2, why can a province produce only one kind of good? Can an area with coal mines not have grain farms and vice versa?

This is disgusting but also a little arousing

looks like aids. I'm guessing you're the Netherlands. only take historical colonies

Why in god's name does the OP recommend Prussia as a Victoria 2 start? All that fucking sphere management and dirty German politics seems like a bad first game. More so that it's straight from the start rather than being something that starts later in the game.

Reminder that Catalonia should never have cores

that Zappy Ukraine looks hella sex

Trotsky kind of looks like Robin Williams in that photo.

Whats the most [/spoiler]fun[/spoiler] game of EU4 you can do? Russia is usually pretty comfy when you become huge

Did you just tag in or is your military actually that shit? Did you just get GP raped by containment wars?

just pirated ANOTHER paradox game and there's NOTHING you can do to stop me

getting fat

What is wrong with EU4? The EU games are the only ones I've never played a full game of.

>creating fake countries

Go away favela dweller, you will never get to go to the homeland.

it's a blobbing simulator, whereas other paradox games will typically have other mechanics or features that can let you get creative with your goals

why is it that i can only post on gsg when i'm drunk???

Because I've done it as Luxembourg and don't feel a need to make every game the same level of grind?

(Vanilla from before I heard about /gsg/ and started playing HPM.)

>accidentally skipped a day without using all national foci

>drunk anime poster

Man, I fucking know this feel.
I've unironically deleted saves when I've done this before.

Is that British Sevilla
*unzips trousers*

Hello,

>saved EXACTLY 365 days worth of research mana as a low-lit country for Biologism

>EXACTLY 365 days
Impossible, retard.

>tfw forming GrossGermanium

>balkanizing belgium as the netherlands

>not annexing Flanders

>balkanizing Yugoslavia

That's not Trotsky.

sup

i want to balkanize the USA

>when the AI is better at the game than you are

>.png

Bullshit, you helped them. No way the Zunists do it on their own.

nigga i'm fucking pictland how the fuck do you think i helped them
get better internet

what are "console commands" and "character switching"

>.png

>unironic reddit posters itt rn

>Not annexing the """"country"""""" of Belgium

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

what vic2 nation should i play while im already very drunk and continuing to drink

krakow

>there are other drunk anons itt rn playing vic2
play spain

*walks into thread*
*sees it's not full of political falseflags from both sides*
*sighs in relief and continues to browse/post*

Lads gimme a country to playthrough in memes%taxes