/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1038 - It Was Shadow's Fault Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mhhm48759902
youtube.com/watch?v=W-0oKcviWQY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not Shadow's fault Infinite can't take a loss and threw a temper tantrum.

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Someone needs to make an infinite version of that comic of the guy on the bike, and falls and blames something else.

Reminder that Infinite is LITERALLY, UNIRONICALLY Bane.

>Build up an edgy as fuck but potentially really interesting character
>Give him a dope ass theme
>Get people interested in Forces for the story alone
>Completely drop the ball off a fucking cliff
Sasuga, Sonic Team

Trivia: Boost games never had a good or even half-decent story.

>why he wears the mask & that he's a Jackal
As it was foretold!

>When you read that fancomic and that turned out to me infinite's actual origin story

People wondered how SEGA was gonna make a character that's supposed to be faster & stronger than Sonic beatable. The answer was simple: Have him be so up his own ass he doesn't finish the job & gets BTFO for it. I honestly can't even be that mad.

Bane?

*Groped*

He isn't that big of a guy, though.

Meant to add: As for him getting BTFO by Shadow, I'm not too surprised. Shadow is the Ultimate Lifeform & Infinite pre-Phantom Ruby was never gonna be that strong. Him not handling that ass-beating & throwing a bitchfit just adds to how up his own ass he is, because he can't handle getting rekt.

Same thing happened at the end of Forces, when he was practically begging Eggman to let him keep fighting because he can't handle taking a loss.

kissu

For you maybe

He was born in the pain, moulded by it

I don't know why people are so mad, I think it's pretty hilarious and fun. If he was literally just Mephiles 2.0 (I'm spooky and nothing else) then that'd be boring

If you pulled his mask off would he die?

So, the new shitposting barrage will be about Infinite's backstory and overtly dramatic declamations about feeling disappointed by Forces?

So... what does it really take to be Infinite?

Beep Beep

Yes, and?

Why is Shadow so cool?

Get your Omegas ready for November 7th.

Autistic screeching

I can't blame people being upset, tbf. Infinite was hyped up to be more "bad-ass" than he ended up being. People had all sorts of ideas & theories on Infinite and who he is and how he became Infinite. Nobody really called Infinite being a guy with a huge ego who can't take a loss, even though his ego is the reason he keeps losing. I'm not mad & I think that's actually a pretty entertaining idea for a character, but it's just disappointing after the hype they've built around Infinite.

Well yeah.

A Phantom Ruby and a dumb looking mask

Time to crash this Egg Carrier, with no survivors.

>Not "I'M NOT WEAK REEEEE" edition
one job

I don't mind it, I actually find it charming , its just that his issues with shadow are never addressed. And for some reason he wants to defeat sonic, I mean sure its probably because they made this DLC to salvage this character, because the game was probably supposed to have a different plot. But his issues with shadow, and his merc background and his buddies getting hurt or killed by shadow is never addressed in the main game in any regard and don't work as proper motivation

Also him yelling like a fucking weirdo is funny

What happened there?

I'd be less mad about it if they at least built up infinite's backstory. but I guess they expect the comics to do that

>being disappointed and dissatisfied with something is considered shitposting now
k

>Wears a mask because his face was scarred by a single attack (a really strong one, but a single attack nonetheless)
>Started out as a little bitch, later became an over-the-top supervillain
>Tries to be supersrsbsnsguize but is so far up his own ass that he's hard to take seriously out-of-universe
>Terrifies the shit out of NPCs but is a joke against PCs when they're actually being controlled by the player (cutscenes not included)
>Gets most of his strength from an outside source
>Almost guaranteed to some back whether we like it or not
Infinite is Sonic's equivalent of Handsome Jack.

twitter.com/mhhm48759902

You think Infinite's childhood was rough?

I can't wait to play Forces tomorrow so that I can form an opinion on the game for myself.

Being a punk bitch.

Expectations were high but if you wanna believe that go right ahead.

tbqh a ~7/10 sonic game sounds like a godsend to me
yeah i got mania but stopped at oil ocean act 1 because i kept failing special stage 6 and didn't want to look for more special rings

picture unrelated but entertaining

IT WAS SHADOW'S FAULT SHADOWSFAULTSHADOWSFAULTSHADOWSFAULT

I AM NOT WEAK

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Probably watching Marley and Me

Same

I actually kind of like it since I feel like there could be a reason to actually bring him back now and he could be a real rival instead of the non-rivals Shadow, Knuckles and Not-appearing in this game Jet have become.

So does Infinite die at the end or what

>The Virgin Jackal
>The Chad Hedgehog

Wasn't him the only orgánica being of the squad?

Yes more like this.

>The Virginfinite.
>The Chadow.

When will there be pictures of Shadow raping Infinite?

Oh hey, another smug rat to add to the collection

True. Not to mention given that most of the Phantom Rubies are gone he won't be as powerful as he became in Forces, meaning you could reasonably bring him back in future games. Funny enough if playable Shadow becomes a thing again, you could have Infinite be a villain for Shadow.

I'd be surprised if there isn't already.

>Virginfinite

Probably a spoiled rich kid who wanted to play GI Joe and got an asswhoopping.

Reason to agree to Eggman's experiment on phantom ruby and motivation to rekd everyone later as a revenge for bullying
Or in short: reeeeee

Isn't there a Shadow and Rouge tail groping picture too? Someone post, I don't have it.

Damn, smug.

>Sonic is an Annual Assholder

Affluenza, as some call it.

But his rivalry only works for shadow, which would make him unique

I'm sure that will pick up soon enough

I think a smug insecure nobody bitch that gets a power upgrade and immediately crawls two miles up their own ass can be a fun villain archetype if done right.

Episode Shadow music rip when

>This is the same 2 tailed fuck that took down an entire army of birds, kicked Eggman's ass weaponless, and saved Station Square.

I honest to fucking god don't know if Sonic Team cares about proper character development because Archie Tails is a fucking badass in comparison to this little shit we have now.

What happened to "I've always looked up to Sonic, but I can't rely on him forever"? How in the FUCK does Adventure have better writing than this?!

Infinite is NOT WEAK

Childs now wanna be Sonic not a gay fox

did he ever go toe-to-toe with chaos before or did only sonic get those fights

>Lost to the second most powerful member of the cast, who is also known as the Ultimate Life-form.
>Get assblasted about it.
Did Infinite think he was Super Sonic-level or something?

That's different because he had a chance against Eggman. Sonic's beaten him numerous times. Seeing Sonic get his ass handed to him by someone faster and stronger than him, along with 4 of their strongest foes, made him lose it, and out of hysteria, he's more scared than he was in the Adventure games.

>implying Sonic Team even knows Tails Adventure is a thing

>took down an entire army of birds, kicked Eggman's ass weaponless, and saved Station Square.
Not canon.

But in reality, no, they don't care about character development or even character personality traits.
Character personality changes to whatever the fuck ST want during that game regardless of previous personalities or achievements.

You're right he's B A L D & M A U L E D! BALD!

So is timeline/dimension synonymous/interchangeable in Japanese or something? It would explain all the confusion.

Infinite is bully material

Out of the way, a real hero arrives

So, how's Super Sonic in the game?

You mean like how Knuckles and Amy acted more anime during the 4Kids era, then chilled out after Unleashed?

Every Sonic character has had good traits of their character stripped & turned into shit at some point. Happened to Amy, happened to Knuckles, now it's Tails turn.

He's up his own ass & can't take an L like a man.

Game Gear games are a different timeline according to Iizuka

Dimension is synonymous with different worlds, I don't think so with timelines. I remember this popping up a lot when discussing other series actually.

Troo far

No, Game Gear games are not canon according to Iizuka, since those games weren't developed by Sonic Team. Them being an alternate timeline is a headcanon.

non-existent, as of yet.
same with the chaos emeralds as a whole, it seems.

Why does Sonic Team refuse to reuse the Egg Fleet and instead use less cool things like the Death Egg?

Yes. Chaos 4. Both in Sonic X and Sonic Adventure.

He thought Sonic was fucking dead near the end of the Hero Story of SA2. Did he break down and give up right there? No. He cracked Eggman a new asshole.

>a real hero
>Tails but weaker

No, he straight up said that they're an alternate timeline in a recent interview.

Trying to find it. Maybe someone else remembers.

To be fair, he's still fun, mostly because he mastered his mindfuckery abilities and smug about that fact. Still, why not bully a kiddo with temper tantrum problems? tfw "Bully the Infinite" requests for our drawfags became canon

There's around 1/3 chance of it being canon for each fight

I was here for the Forces streams but missed the Shadow DLC thing. Does Infinite actually say "I'M NOT WEAK" in the game?
Also, do we get to know more of Infinite's species?

Bully the Jackal

Yes and it's hilariously sad.

Is this like the Pure Hero thing Iizuka said about Shadow, where people say "Iizuka said this in an interview", but don't actually cite the interview?

Yeah, but Sonic told Tails that it was up to him to save the day in SA2. Sonic just got fucked up & wasn't able to instill confidence in Tails.

it was a podcast iirc

Gotcha covered champ.

Forces is cool and all but I know what I'm excited for

youtube.com/watch?v=W-0oKcviWQY

girls have different hairstyles and a suit

Sonic already beat Eggman. Tails was confident, because he'd been with Sonic so long and was ready to take Eggman down for him, like Sonic had done for everyone else. Sonic got his ass kicked by Infinite, Chaos 0, Shadow, and Zavok, and if Sonic couldn't beat them, what the hell could Tails possibly do? He snapped.

Thanks kid I'll take it from here.

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

Second pic.

>How in the FUCK does Adventure have better writing than this?!
Adventure easily tops any other Sonic game in the writing department.

Where are you, countdown user?

>Tails reduced to whiny useless pissbaby instead of even attempting to fight back for his best friend
>Infinite dropped the ball so hard it went to America
>game literally reuses 'now boost at these enemies in a straight line' in both 2.5D and 3D segments countless times
>game is so short bing bing wahoo outdoes it in every possible way
>those music 'remixes' where it's one instrument changed and replaced
>40$ for this, which is about the only good point since if this was 60$, people would fucking riot
>Dollmaker is the only other reason to play and even that is made ugly with the gimped Sonic Modern bullshit

Can someone give me a reason to buy this game? I'm serious.

Because the game has a more serious tone and tries to use characters that aren't Sonic and Tails?