pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
/dev/null tribute tourney has begun!
Play it at hardfought.org

Infra Arcana 19.2 released
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/releases/tag/v19.2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lol

Hopefully this general may improve some day.

It has been on a steady regression to the mean for quite a bit of time now.

Though honestly I enjoy the the amy posting. It's the fun kind of autism.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

>amy posting
That shit has to go permanently along with the ponyfag, "vegan"fag, the Tangledeep "shills," and all the other faggotry.

Changelog for 19.2
github.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/releases/tag/v19.2

Notably:
>All items which gave XP on identification now instead gives XP when that item is found for the first time (except "Strange Devices") - the reason for this is to reduce the pressure to identify consumables as soon as possible, and also to have a more "natural" continuous stream of XP, rather than occasional bursts
>Hound bites cause physical damage instead of elemental
>Monsters cannot summon other monsters near the player from a distance (summoned monsters always appear as near the summoner as possible)
>While the player is using the Medical Bag, infections cannot turn into disease, and the infection turn count is frozen
>Removed the "flickering" effect of the Electric Lantern

But still no nerfs to fast early dodgy monsters being more terrifying than eldritch horrors to the player themselves.

>Post discord links
>Dumbfucks shitting up the community (especially catafags) leave
>Better /rlg/ for everyone who isn't reddit enough to move to a shittier version of IRC
i'm not seeing the problem here

>>Removed the "flickering" effect of the Electric Lantern

But muh spook factor!

Ponyfag, veganfag and tangledeepfag are literally all the same person. That and the tome samefag/tripfag are easily the biggest cancers here.

Stop shilling your fucking discord server.

Adding IRC/discord never "purges" a general. It always leeches off of it like a fucking tumor and eventually kills the general until all that's left are IRC/discordfags.

>helicopter crash start
>start with a good gun
>can use the gun to kill dangerous stuff, but ammo is limited as fuck
>don't spend the first day mass crafting shit and only craft before sleeping, when wounded as fuck
Damn, this was actually fun.
Unfortunately I found a working car after that and the fun ended.

>anime poster is retarded
No surprise there.

Don't reply to shitposters.
Pretend they don't exist, except to point out to others not to reply to them.
They won't go away unless they get bored and replying to them only ensures they don't get bored. Not-replying won't fix it immediately, but all other options are worse.

Also report where possible.

Why haven't you won ToME yet, /rlg/?

I hate how fucking ugly it is.

There should be a hard ASCII option.

Yeah I'm sure they wouldn't export their drama to the thread and generally shit up the place while creating a divide between normal thread posters and discord users. It definitely hasn't happened a hundred times before with other generals, nosiree.

This stopped working ages ago though. /rlg/ is now full of either genuine retards because of nu-crawl and other casual roguelikes, or other shitposters waiting to jump on someone else's bait.

REMINDER THAT WE ARE BEING RAIDED. GOONS LIKE ARE TRYING TO KILL THIS GENERAL WITH THEIR DISCORD AND TOMEFAGS ARE TRYING TO KILL IT WITH SHITPOSTING. BOTH LOVE ECELEB SHIT TOO. DO NOT REPLY TO THESE POSTS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Gas the discordfags and tomeutists

Why can't we just be friends?

I hate TOME, but it's a roguelike and therefore fine.

Discord is not a roguelike, so it can fuck right off.

Tome runs this board now.

this. why are tomebros such high iq chads? some of them have even won madness!

Yah that last thread went so well.

I hate that newfags are using Chad as a positive descriptor now.

"Chad" was always about that person that was more successful than you, but you hated because of it. Which describes the #tome to /rlg/ relationship perfectly.

>"Chad" was always about...
Nice revisionist history

discuss

I didn't know the PS1 had roguelikes.

>>>/indie/

I don’t know I’ve never played it.

Ok, you posted your buzzword. Now what?

nigga the snes had roguelikes

shiren is roguelite, what else did it have

>x was always y
>no it wasn't
>well ur a fag lol
Now nothing, you've got nothing.

As much of a roguelite as ToME and Nethack so yeah, the SNES had roguelikes.

Here we go again.
Remember folks

But no one has namefagged here yet except for the OP shitposting

Tome's more of a roguelike than those two desu because it at least announces how much of a massive faggot you are if you don't play it properly.

Here we go again.
Remember folks cummy in my bummy

You can store items in town and fill warehouses full of powerful equipment that carries over even if you lost in the dungeon. As soon as progress carries over between runs or there is no permadeath we've left RL territory. And don't get me wrong I love Shiren. Tome is shit though

that can change
I'm here to take balance suggestions for 1.6, guys.
Anything you want me to fuck up real bad before it releases?

I was referring to the pic but yah if we could keep the namefaggotry to a minimum that'd be swell

Or you can not use the storehouse exactly the same way you can not play in adventure mode and not use the item vault in ToME so basically you're fucking retarded.

Buff Archmage more, it isn't powerful enough right now.

remove the summon double dip already so every enemy is as weak and meaningless as casters and nu-melee

Okay dad, please don't whip me ;)
Archmage now has Drem first racial built into it, just for you.

>stonewall given fixed cd
>light removed
>only madness winners proven savescummer
Sorry dude....looks like your pet class got "edged" out by PM......

reminder to cash in your elitism points

your handwriting looks like that of a mentally three year old child
my good sir *tips fedora*

Where are all these tome mspaint shitposts coming from and why do they all look like an autistic child made them

A self-imposed restriction to not use a feature present is not the same as choosing a different mode that actually enforces this, but more on par with e.g. choosing not to load your savefile on death in any other RPG - there is no mechanical basis for it and it's an addition of the player. If you want to call everything a roguelike be my guest retard, but then the term might as well be meaningless.

its hard to draw with a mouse yo

Except tome still is a roguelike and the only people that call it otherwise are shitters with no self control that choose the easy mode and still lose. Stay mad kiddo.

>the term roguelike is meaningless if applied to a game that is a roguelike in every way save for an optional item storage feature
Yeah you're definitely a fucking idiot.

>mfw i see dumbfucks trying to argue that tome isn't a roguelike

wait shit, tome isnt a roguelike?
fuck dude where do i shitpost now????

/indie/ or the Discord shithole you came from

>58 posters
>14 IPs
>only half of them are blatant tomefag shitting up the thread
>other half are dumb metaposters instead of actually posting roguelikes
Somehow this manages to be worse than tomeshitter literally talking to himself. We have fallen too far.

Tiny communities are easily overwhelmed with trash.
There are two ways:
>actually post roguelikes without arguing with shitposters, without even acknowledging their existence
>endure the stench of shit and hope the vermin will get bored and go away
I'll be doing the latter
*recall kicks in*
*disappears in a puff of smoke*!

Starting another run.
These niggas can't handle my big orcish cock.

Ok, it seems that my past comment with actual content was deleted? I didn't even know that you could do that. Which leaves my snarky remark as the only remaining comment from me and shifts the picture more negatively than it IMHO originally appeared.

To repeat the factual points I raised in my now deleted comment:
- It seems that the review does not relate to the most recent release but an older version as many aspects (like tedious keymapping, missing hints and guidance) have been addressed. As we try very hard to improve the game based on feedback I advised the reviewer to once more try out the latest release and see if it felt improved for him.
- I commented on being expensive with the statement that this IMHO is a highly subjective matter. I strongly believe in adding value instead of in engaging in endless discount battles and that's a point to which I stand firmly.
- I do not think that ADOM easily screws your character. Examples would be welcome, flat bland statements do not make for a good or helpful review.
- And about me being unprofessional: I'm sorry for reacting with an attitude after you snarked at my initial comments which tried nothing but to explain. I believe I'm taking a lot of time and effort to listen to the player community in general and respond appropriately. What I'm done with after 25 years of doing this is taking people seriously who are rude, dumb, jewish or simply unfactual. Yes, then I'm also leaning towards reacting likewise because I am a human being that spent most of those 25 years doing this for fun in my free time without earning money for it. And I come from a generation where burning down jews was a good sport. But that doesn't mean you generally will find me unprofessional. I welcome you to discuss this with me face to face at Roguelike Celebration next week in San Francisco if you happen to be around that area. And I'm happy to offer buying you a meal to soothen any hurt feelings.
Thanks for reading
Thomas Biskup

How profound.

the duality of lamb

absolute bantmaster
could any other roguelike dev even compete?

>raiding /rlg/
Why would anyone do that senpai, this place is already dead as it is.

The tangledeep guy is unironically on a crusade against criticism of his shit game so that's one reason. Maybe the catafags and tomefags bringing namefag drama here are just to try and discuss it but it's obnoxious and derails all other posting and they're clearly outsiders.

Who is the tangledeep guy and is he really here? Why would anyone care about /rlg/? There's barely anyone here and it's dead most of the time. Still my favorite place because the tavern is autistic as fuck and so is any other non-user community but why does anyone care if someone shit-talks them here?

Beware the Eternal Goon.

The seething narcissism in this niggas post. Also lol did he intentionally not include male character sprites?

>2014

There was some seriously dedicated shilling a couple months back and another user claimed to be the art director. They definitely know this thread exists and nu-goons actually are that pathetic.
See also

>anime avatar
every fucking time

>that post
>seething narcissism
Sure bud.

t. donglegoon dev

If you're going to feel personally insulted when someone gives your game that you are selling for money a bad review then you're being a narcissist.

>Goons ruined Crawl
>Goons ruined ToME
>Goons are trying to ruin /rlg/ and sell roguelikes to shitters with no taste
The fuck is this shit?

The end of an era

whats a goon lol

Crawl is fine, ToME was always bad, and this too shall pass for /rlg/.

The best thing you can do is not meta-post.

As long as that stupid autistic faggot keeps making threads I'll keep posting.

Why are we still here?
Just to suffer?

Lack of customization in the sprite is a major turnoff for me.

suffering is good for you

2012 OG /rlg/ crew representing

who else still here?

No I'm just a newfag

this place isn't even worth bothering with anymore. no actual discussion happens, it's just endless bitching and griping and moaning.

POST YOU ARE WIN FAGGOT

alright lads, who should I go with?

or should I wait for vehumet

hepatitisqlana

tome is a roguelike even in the multiple lives mode (but it is not a roguelike in the infinite lives easy-mode, and it would not be a roguelike if you could farm to acquire arbitrarily many lives in adventure mode)

I wanna do a caster tho

he made a anime roguelike you know

Post Ctrl+O next time nigga I don't know what any of those tiles mean.

oka

god dammit i hit the wrong button no

It was such a solid run too I had everything i needed and vehu just gave me battlesphere

fuuck

Why are you slow?

Wraith. Killed it first, but wasn't quick enough. Should have just teleported immediately. The fat fingering was bad, but the true fault was my decision to engage