/cwg/ Classic WoW General

>What is this?
Blizzard announced legacy servers, as we wanted them, at Blizzcon 2017.

>Where can I learn more?
There's not much info out right now, other than development has started - and that it'll stay true to the original experience.

Plausible Tom Chilton conspiracy below:
>After working on World of Warcraft from its alpha in 2004 to the release of Legion, in late 2016 Chilton announced that he would be leaving the team to "[focus] on another project within the company".
note: Blizzard said only one person was working on this until announcement so don't expect quick release

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#Li0bZVZEwzoeMdVo
wowrealmpopulation.com/wow-us-connected-pve-realms-population-alliance.php
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sxVuZxhd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first xD

Gnomish or goblin engi?

None because dueling, and bgs are a joke

i went goblin day one when classic first came out.

gnome is better

fifth for asmongolds milkies

How many people are going to be bored in a few days once the rose tinted glasses come off and they realise how bad classic wow was?

does anyone else read /cwg/ as CWC

can we figure out a better thread name

nth for it's going to be shit but you'll still play it

Gnomish=Gadget teleport
Goblin=Everlook teleport

Gadget brings you close to Diremaul, Un'Goro, Silithus

Everlook you really only use for going to grab your MC douse or Eko farming, even then Dalaran ports are right next door

As someone who picked Goblin, I'd recommend Gnomish purely for the gadget teleport

But those sapper squad videos look so fun.

>Classic WoW
>I'm so excited to use 3 hotkeys for 40+ hours, hit 60, and then just log in once a week to run an undertuned raid where bosses die in under 2 minutes (at least until AQ)

You don't need goblin to use sappers, just to make them

coming soon
>hierlooms :)
>DLC rAIDS
>transmog
>lootbox chests
>barber shop
>selfie mode
>normies
>balanced specs
>lvl 20 mountz
>LF dungeon
>raidfinder
>nu-models
>normies
>girl gamers
>wrath babbies
>cata babbies
>legion babbies
>wod babbies
>mop babbies
>flying mounts
>wow tokens
>pets
>pet battles
>pet selfies
>dailies
>gear tokens
>custom tabards
>battle.net friendz
>wide sweeping patches that change the entire game but keep normies interested and playing for another month
>sjw shit
>feminist shit
>customizable EXP rates
>chat moderators that are easily triggered
>GMs who are taught the customer is always right
>bans and mutes for offensive language
>gear score
>refer a friend
>Res scroll
>insta-boost
>casual raids
>in-game hearthstone in the INNs
>achievements
>achievements that unlock shit in overwatch
>overwatch babbies
>achievements that unlock shit in hots
>hots babbies
>achievements that unlock shit in hearthstone
>hearthstone babbies
>simplified class quests
>streamlined leveling
>nu-talents
please add to this list as you see fit

>hey guys i wanna roll horde and do hardcore PVE

What's the difference between "sjw shit" and "feminist shit"

So you should roll Alliance if you want to do hardcore pve?

Oh yeah the first KT kill was Allianc- OH WAIT

Yes because of paladins

[1. General] [user]: Can we please keep this thread free of "What changes should be made?" REEEEEEing?

>classic wow
>3 hotkeys while leveling
vanilla classes have more abilities than legion classes

I keep reading that UD warlocks are insane because of WotF but I really want to roll orc warlock for the main goal of PvP. When I see that 5% increase in pet damage, my autism tingles. My autism values that 5% pet damage over WotF.

And the stun resistance seems like it adds considerable survivability in PvP since way more classes stun than can fear/charm. Plus I keep reading that Alliance has few warlocks doing PvP exactly because of all the UD.

What do you guys think?

Rate my build.

for an undergeared prot.

Use my tax return to buy 230 bitcoin later buy 1500 ethereum and other Veeky Forums meme tokens

Spend some here and there but still have a ton
>wtf Im rich

Play video games all day er day in a shitty house i bought for $45k for the last 5 years with no job

>48 more years until Im out of money
>single and 31

That is my story

feminists are pretty narrowly about female supremacy
SJWs are the ones who demand full spectrum PC on everything from niggers to trannies to gun control

And only Alliance after that actually cleared it. It was like the one exception.

Is it really worth it to specc in imp. heroic strike at the start for leveling?
Would it also be better to to put 3 into imp. cleave at the cost of imp. battle shout? 5/5 imp. battle shout gives you 14AP for rank 3 which really isnt much at all.
Would it be viable to try to grind lower level mobs with 3/3 cleave 2 at a time or would even that be difficult for warriors?
Also, max out enrage before imp. execute?
considering this lvling specc before 40.

Don't forget removing any sort of meritocracy.

hardiness is better than wotf

SKILL IS PRIVILEGE

if you want to aoe shit just go arms and use sweeping strikes

If you're leveling you probably want to be as tanky as possible. A lot of healers will be shit.

>leave
>instantly find another group because warrior

This is vanilla wrath baby. No world chat or lfg que.

As long as you don't run something like BFD, you only need general

>[1:general][niggerfaggot]:tank lfg (whatever the fuck instance is in the area)

>general
Good luck. You need trade chat to get groups except for the popular areas.

Things requiring skill or merit, is inherently exclusionary. You're excluding people who can't perform a certain task for arbitrary reasons.

You wouldn't stop a movie every 15 minutes and require them to take a quiz in order to continue watching.

>That last bit was unironically posted by someone on the WoW reddit.

you can compensate for shit healers up until certain pulls in SM. monks in lib hit like trucks, ditto for myrmidons in arm/cath. RFD there's nothing scary unless you don't prioritize the summoners. ulda and beyond is where things get much harder. stoneshaper packs are a bitch because they can't be cc'd. the trogg pulls after grimlock are tough. and archaedes is a much higher level than he should be. being tankier doesn't really work unfortunately. you have to compensate for a shit healer with more cc or kiting if possible.

well?

It's a quote from rlm I think.

Or just play it safe and go prot...

>2005
>not speccing into silence

Kys

>kys
Nice gen z speak.

By making a general now you have guaranteed a tripfag circlejerk by the time the servers exist. Bravo.

is Classic wow /ptg/ approved?

Paladin or Shaman for PvE? I never saw anything past BWL and I want to experience it all.
>also tell me your favorite leveling builds

Do the piss babies on the wow forums and mmochampion realise that vanilla is going to be optional, and also uses a separate dev team?

they can't just say "finally, these vanilla people will be quiet now that they got servers". Nope, it's "I can't wait for these severs to be completely empty 2 months in"

The level of vanilla hate is beyond deranged

They're so different that you can't really pick one. Shamans are the better healer from a hps/overall heals comparison. Paladin arguably has better buffs? But shaman has WF totem which is retarded for Warriors. And bloodlust.

>>also tell me your favorite leveling builds
BM Hunter always and forever

I checked the official forums yesterday and they are absolute cancer. Not that this underage infested place is much better but I can hang at least.

Retail user here

Sorry for making fun of you, i never thought vanilla servers would come.

Thanks for bitching, ily

>ywn go back to the 2006-7 era class forums

>latin guild name
>human
stopped reading there

Shit devourers, user. They can't tolerate anybody who doesn't like the sweet sweet taste of feces. They mark their territory with posts that are so pathetic, angry, logically flawed and cringe inducing that it keeps people with functional taste buds away, it's their naturally evolved defense, to save them from people who might threaten to take their precious shit away and replace it with fun, or even worse, tell them that shit is not good to eat.

>even then Dalaran ports are right next door
lmao you shitter

okay? goodbye? Every single thing he mentioned except goblins and aoe looting is concentrated aids, and since if you make one change you may as well make more, fuck all of it.

ORIGINAL OR NOTHING.

Darnassus*

>Bloodlust

db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#Li0bZVZEwzoeMdVo

You don't need unbridled wrath, you will be rage capped in every bossfight anyway. If you are talking about tanking 5man yeah it's okay I guess. You don't need to be theorycrafting for 5man because a fucking 2h arms warrior can tank all of them.

Yes bloodlust, wrath baby.

>bloodlust

it has begun. /wpsg/ and all it's derivatives are officially dead

What do you mean wrath baby?

Maybe they'll get a dev team together that actually cares about the game, makes sensible positive changes, ones who can differentiate between cutting out trivial annoyances and streamlining all the game out of the damn game. Who can bring the sub-par specs up to speed, without deciding to just make every spec of the same role functionally exactly the same because balancing is hard and the shouting of greener grass whiners matters.
Maybe they can add mechanics to bosses that make them interesting without making it all DO BIG GLOWY VISUAL PROMPT INSTRUCTIONS TO NOT DIE game design. Maybe they can fill the world with content instead of basing everything around 'endgame' sock shitting raid days
Maybe things will be nice

>vanilla didn't have pets

I finally discovered the reason why retail babies are screaming so hard over Classic.
They know the truth of their current server populations. NA servers are fucking low. Several are just in the hundreds.

wowrealmpopulation.com/wow-us-connected-pve-realms-population-alliance.php

It's a bitter pill to swallow that hundreds of thousands will sub for the better version of the game and that they're wasting their time on the shitshow that is current WoW, and that they had been wrong all this time.

Lets all take a minute laugh at this retard calling others wrath babies but is too fucking wrath baby himself to realize there is no bloodlust in vanilla wow.

Can't wait to farm ZG trash for 60 hours a week for rep!
Sounds amazing!

You just posted this in /lhg/.

Fuck off.

db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sxVuZxhd
Will be going this build for hit chance and kings early, and plus healing/consecration for scarlet monestary
Someone tell me how retarded this is

What are the top 3 best classes to level as and the bottom 3 worst?

>60 warriors
>not tanking
Are these stupid fucking niggers serious?

How are these lists made?

This is the future of these threads.

Kinda sad, but still hilarious.

Speculation and rumor.

>Gummy didn't even release his code to the wild
Why does he hate us

Highest dps in the game.

You don't need consecrate or plus healing for a ret style build, you won't be aoeing things and your healing will be fine as it is. kangz isn't that important either. If you want to do an AoE farming type build go full on with the shield talents in prot, you'll be unironically doing most of your damage with a shield spike and later blessing of sanctuary. You'd be able to tank too, if people got over their BUT WARERRER DA BES autism

Are undead players truly scum of the earth?

I want to play one

don't blame him, blame all the gigafaggot jew servers that would immediately switch over to his code for their buy a legendary tabard now just $9.99 scam realms. They're the reason he kept it under wraps, he didn't want to make them richer.

addons doing /who samples on both sides and recording a census. same way the original addons worked back in 2005. the usual way is by zone, working from a full list top to bottom.

Rogues are the Papa Johns to the Troll and Tauren gourmet

he couldn't because he was offered work with Blizzard due to his lead up videos for the server being filled with his knowledge and work. the whole series of vids was pretty much a resume.
his last video is a very subtle clue that all attention involving himself is now centered on Blizzard classic.

I feel kings gives a substantial amount of stats/ sort of like unstable arcanocrystal while leveling. I mean if you do the math and have 40 STR and 30 for the rest(around what you'll have at level 20), you'll essentially be wearing a trinket that has 4str and 3x for every other stat that scales with your gear. This build is meant to be a catch all if I need to tank or heal but not be fucked while solo leveling.

*undead are papa johns

you will need the shield talents to tank.
The tanky build will be far far better for solo leveling than a two hander build. The only thing a ret type build can do better is DPS in a group.

I never had papa johns, but I guess your saying their shit.

I wanted to do warlock, but only have Orc or Undead as options.

So I'm level 17 got sword and board youre saying I'm going to get fucked by deadmines w/o said talents?

>literally forced to Alliance for PvE
Would pay all my money for dwarf shaman and tauren paladin

Play retail then. Not sure why you have to play ally for pve.

>5 min buffs for 40 person groups

i'll just quit my job and go grand marshal, fuck it

>talking about tanking deadmines at 17 when I'm critiquing a level 34 build
>tanking vanilla deadmines at level 17 as a paladin
>tanking vanilla deadmines at level 17 at all

>deadmines
>not vc

i mean not even purists want that. they there will be 30min blessings like on nost.

Fear ward > tremor totem/ wotf (in raids, not pvp)
Sword spec > axe spec
paladin stuff > shaman stuff

>vc
now that's a name I haven't heard in ages..