Overwatch General - /owg/

>Blizzcon dropped a bunch of stuff recently
>new map and new hero coming soon, new short out now
>South Korea won the world cup, what a shock
>a whole bunch of Blizzard-themed skins are getting added into the base game (Nova Widowmaker, Protoss Orisa, stuff like that, ETA 2018)

>New hybrid map, "Blizzard World," coming soon
[YouTube] [COMING SOON] Blizzard World | New Hybrid Map | Overwatch

>New offensive healer, "Moira," coming soon
[YouTube] [NEW HERO COMING SOON] Introducing Moira | Overwatch
[YouTube] [NEW HERO COMING SOON] Moira Origin Story | Overwatch (origin story)

>New cinematic, "Honor and Glory"
[YouTube] Overwatch Animated Short | “Honor and Glory”
>yes, the armor will be one of the new skins

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/junkrat-the-return-of-junkenstein

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21179257
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm0642444/mediaviewer/rm3097698560
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>try to download PTR
>gets to here and stuck forever, can't reset it or do anything
oh

Thoughs on Moira? I have been playing on the ptr and I think she is a lot of fun. The gameplay trailers really don't advertise how she actually plays.

>the absolute state of /owg/
I love Irishlady of succbeam.

She's a Whizzard.

got here just in time for a new thread
hello /owg/ it's been quite a while
how's the game? haven't been here since season 3

budget zen desu

How’s her voice acting?

Ana Amarillo should have a bigger mag if they realistically want her to be an alternative to Mercy. 13 or 15 darts would be fine.

Fun
It's interesting to see new healers

What’s the fastest way to level up?

Choose a favorite or your waifu dies.

How about just nerfing Mercy?

Actually great, this is her VA, who is actually quite well known:
imdb.com/name/nm0642444/mediaviewer/rm3097698560
I love the evil scientist trope, so I may be biased, but I love how she delivers the lines.
I don't like her visual design, but her VA makes up for it in my opinion.

*Amari. Stupid phone.

/owg/ help me decide between picking genji or tracer. i want a good solo hero for climbing and these two seem to get the best results when mastered.

grouped ranked has the highest exp multiplier
grouped QP is probably faster though

Glam is patrician.
If you don't like it, you are underage.

>Howdy, pardner. The name's Ana. Ana Amarillo.

>ana amarillo
amazing

are we getting the OWL skins in game?

It’s an fps so visual design isn’t huge for me. plus skins can fix it if it’s a big issue. Nomad Genji and Spirit Doomfist look way cooler than their default designs in my opinion. Also that’s a pretty impressive VA, I’m excited to check her out once I fix my PC.

Tracer is really good since the new hero is a support that Genji can't reflect
Tracer also lets you play other hitscan while Genji only really transfers to like... Lucio and Zen

Top right and Bowie.

Moira has the mechanic they didn't dare to apply to Mercy, where your healing has a charge bar. Mercy will stay forever must pick.

It's a bit weird right now, got a few new heroes and maps. The meta right now is dive, but mercy is now OP, so she has a close 100% pick rate.
There's a nerf incoming, but it's anyone's guess, where we are going to be heading next.

Wow... uhm, they're not very great. I guess the blue version of the first legendary looks interesting.

Has to be glam
Bowie is one of the few examples of androgynous flamboyancy made cool

She looks extremely weak. I can't play on PTR so I wouldn't know.

Will she be a viable healer? Or is she garbage?

what does season 5 even mean

What if you’re a loser with no friends?

dive

Is it patrician to want to unload on her chest? She can leave the top on.

ah fuck
i liked tank meta, rip
>tfw the meta isn't big for me
are the other new heroes any good?

Bowie with gold gun and kamehameha highlight intro

I think that depends on a lot. Her spray heal is super fast, could top up tanks in seconds. However, she will want to use the orbs for heals, and those require coordination from your team. She is however, super mobile with her ability, it's a better version of reaper's shadow walk, one where you disappear, so I her survivability is high.

Moira is kind of boring.
When are they going to release a fun white male hero?

Glam Moira bangs but a bunch of shit JJBA memes are right around the corner

you can QP with me if you're on NA
bt: PseudoLain#1253

Her bouncing ball is extremely annoying in enclosed areas and is very effective area denial.

Her basic attack is so visually busy and takes up such a large amount of the screen that it doubles as a distraction. Imagine Symmetra's basic attack, if it was three times thicker and completely opaque. That's what it looks like when you fight against her.

She's a very frustrating mid-range harasser with some healing on the side.

I like the ministry skin. Sure it looks goofy but I get to play as a futuristic wizard and that's pretty dope.

dive, but when it was becoming toxic and stale.

>widow keeps shooting genji deflect
>died 6 times in a row to it

its not enough that i have to fill for them. my own teammates keep killing me.

Why did you feel the need to post you stats? Your post now goes into the trash.

Pick a female character and emote your teammates until someone wants to group up with you.

I had a bunch of friends request by playing FFA with Mei because of the "hang in there" and "hey, chill out" lines that eventually evolved to me freezing enemies for them.

How’s her damage?

>not finding Reinhardt fun
the plebist opinions

>watching SK v USA from World Cup
>outcomes of fights is determined by whoever kills the mercy first

what an amazing game.

How is her ult?

cutest and bestest friends

Shit.

feels like it lasts forever
great for brawls

god i wish they released like a DPS version of Rein that was all about swinging his big ass hammer and fucking people up instead of shielding.

Sadly, not that much, they aren't horrible (except Doomfist)
sombra is a lot of fun, she plays very differently from the rest of the cast.
Orisa is rein but with a gun, instead of a hammer, and more defense focused. I like her, I think she is a good alternative to rein in some situations.
Doomfist is a fighting game character in overwatch, he's a lot of fun to play, but they nerfed his hitbox to his primary punch, and without he isn't very good.

do they fuck ? user?

It was dive with the toxicity that Jeff spent his time whining about.

So, can Moira keep people alive with her ult from, let's say, a Barrage? I'm picturing it like a great way to force stupid teammates that can't go pass a choke point on their own and do some damage in the way. It's also longer than Zen's Transcendence, right?

>all these Talon characters
Feels good.

>Sombra moved to Defense
>Increase SMG damage against hacked targets, tighten spread

There my wife is viable after being literal trash for so long

Reins damage is pretty decent already.

hopefully that's what Junker Queen will be
nothing better than being pocketed by both healers while you charge in and wreck shit with some 40k behemoth of a man

Very poor, the orb can deal a lot, but only if the enemy is running in the exact same direction to it.
her beam is really only good at pressuring the likes of genji and tracer, but not killing them, it's really more there to keep her alive and charge her healing.

Interesting, but I don't think it's great. I 1v1 a ulting moira as rein and was able to kill her first, however I couldn't take down anyone she healed with it. However she is mobile with it, so it could be good.

sux i want high damage beam and im it a big zarya fan

If you think sombra is trash, you're trash. Sorry.

Was bound to happen since Overwatch had a pretty huge lack of villains on launch.

>Mercy will stay forever must pick.

but why
why do they refuse to just put the bitch down

Yeah but it isn’t what he’s best at.

I mean that’s the dream right? The game needs eyelander demo. they took away oneshot hog and old doomfist so all i play now is dva and i hate all of her voice lines.

So will we ever learn hiw Genji transfered from Blackwatch to Overwatch plus armor change.
Inb4 it was because Moira molested him.

That sounds really dumb actually. I wanted a sick-ass laser. Instead we have this garbage.

that’s fair but disappointing because zen and ana are the big damage supports and i was hoping mo would be up there with them.

damn, lame
sombra seems cool, I think I'll play her a bit
thanks for the replies, user!

And ruin one of the biggest moneymakers they've got? She has the biggest following that they are willing to publicly observe.

>"im just warming up to hop on my grand master account"
>"i dont give a shit about the game"
>2 seasons silver
>1 gold season
>1 plat season

riiiite

She is suffering from her popularity. Because of vocality of her fanbase, they can't get any good feedback.
Mercy mains complain at the slightest change as being the death of their character and mercy haters focus on how low skill she is.

I thought Blackwatch dissolved because Reaper and Moira went rogue, then he went off to find himself in Nepal and also somehow Cairo.

I’ll think about it but after a few games with Tracer I don’t know if she’s really for me. I might just stick with 76 and Dva who’s DPS now.

Okay, I need to know because I can't judge this for shit. How far does Moira's right click and ult go?

>Mercy mains complain at the slightest change as being the death of their character

You spelled /owg/ wrong.

Have you seen the official forums ever?

He was with Winston and Tracer during the fight with Doomfist, which was apparently in the past, already in new armor and shit. In game Winston also comments on working together again.

the laser looks different from her preview video, I have a feeling they changed it before release. It looks smaller.

She is excellent at picking off, low health heroes and ones running away, but other than that, she will need the orbs to do damage, which I just don't think the playerbase will be stupid enough to not realize that being near them is bad.

76 is always a safe bet

succ goes about as far as zarya beam, maybe a bit shorter, ult goes around 1.5x that

Try Doomfist! He’s not great but he can be extremely fun in at least quick play. Also they’ll fix him at some point so you’ll be ready then to fist.

I wonder. If I make a PSN account with it ps location set to the UK do I get the European servers in comp

>Cairo
Wat, did I miss something?

Glad I could help. I would keep an eye open, things are bound to change soon, and ignoring mercy, I think the meta is decently balanced right now, lots of viable characters, though who knows where we are going to next.

just play on pc and choose your region in the drop down menu lmao

He’s a little like an old grumpy Tracer. Moves fairly quick, get on high ground and shoot squishies with the bullet hose.

>tracer pulsebombs me
>I use Fade
>tracer rages in chat
holy fuck I love Moira

/owg/ has both mercy mains and mercy haters. Forums and reddit are dominated by mercy mains.

I think so, yeah. Why would you want to play with us though? Do you really want to experience what's to be paired with 4 angry Arabs and an asshole french who doesn't speak english?

Jesus Christ, Sombra is perfectly viable. Go back to silver you retard.

I hear even reddit is sick of Mercy

>I don’t think the player base will be stupid enough
Never underestimate them. But yeah if I can get some runaway kills that’ll be fun. I just want to fuck up a couple people and not just play healslut.

This game is like this picture, a shady dealing in the hand

Why does /owg/ say Doomfist has no personality? I think he's a fucking riot.

>Winners stay on the payload.
>Spare me the commentary.
>Heal me.

He's just such a fucking dick, I love it.

please no bully
the silvers dont know better

You can use the training bots for testing range, the bots that are shooting have the ground marked with distances.

Moira's leech is 20m long. For reference, Zarya's beam is 16m and Roadhog hook is also 20m.

Not sure about ult, but it is longer than her right click by a fair amount.

Moira is HUGE

Hopefully we will get the formation of new overwatch soon. Friendship all around.