/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1039 - Forces Launch Edition

>Sonic NewsPS4: Midnight Eastern
>XB1: Midnight (local time)
>Switch: Midnight Pacific

Sonic Mania has released Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch & PC.

A Demo for Sonic Forces is Available on the Japanese PS4 Store and Switch eShop.

Sonic Forces - Green Hill Modern Gameplay:
youtu.be/B0yeNshWWgo

Sonic Forces - Space Port Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=xl5eLNzq7Rk

Sonic Forces - Rental Hero Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=iqaP9GOYk-E

Ian Flynn Confirmed For New IDW Sonic Comics
idwpublishing.com/idw-publishing-and-sega-welcome-veteran-sonic-writer-ian-flynn/

Sonic Forces Prequel Comics
Part 1: twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/918514235075805184
Part 2: twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/921045142466736128
Part 3: twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/923585900872794112

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3m_HRcSdBz4
youtube.com/watch?v=PuSVbs-t78U
youtube.com/watch?v=Rf8rEb-owqY
youtu.be/9ycGlLTyygk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

FAST

Final Boss will be the Egg Bowser, a machine built around a Giant Bowser where Eggman feeds energy to Bowser.

*protects from rain*

Mario and Sonic are friends!

youtube.com/watch?v=3m_HRcSdBz4

See ya tomorrow /sthg/. I hope the anons who are about to play Forces have a good time!

12 more hours of waiting for me on PC.

Cute image! And have fun with Forces, user!

I AM THE TALLEST OF MOUNTAINS

>No Amy hair
How Amyfags will live after this?

I'll live just fine. My hedgehog male is gonna cuck the hell out of Sonic.

Bee boo boo bop boo boo bop?

Same, feels bad

Well, what hair can you give the female hedgehog OC?

Why are you posting such a weakling?

Reminder that, even if Forces disappoints we can always make a better-feeling Sonic together as a community. Keep your chins up, lads. Our blue boy ain't done yet.
I'll see you all in a few days unless I've got some crazy updates to share, but I think I'll be too busy getting through the story as fast as possible to make any progress on our own Sonic engine.

beep?

It helps she's in the game already. I plan on playing as my original character donut steel, and she'll be Amy's sister who is also a pink hedgehog but with a different hairstyle.

Who's just going to flip through the pictures and ignore all the posts come tomorrow?

I want Groudonfags to stay out of MY general!

I'll be pretty busy tomorrow & Wednesday (playing Forces, messing around with the devkit & then gonna be busy all Wednesday) so I won't be able to post much here.

huggu

I've been doing that since the first leaks user. My copy won't be in until Thursday.

Words within spoilers

I'll scope out all the cute OC's, but depends on how much shitposting there is.

Hope the story entertains you, mate. Hope you're ready to see the state of Infinite when you play through Episode Shadow, too

are you hyped for Mania 2, /sthg/?

*meta posts*

Is he vulnerable? What's his backpack like?

I am loving the visuals, but that sprite is a bit off-putting. Not bad, but just odd.

>Special Ending Bowser backstabs Eggman. Ruby powered Bowser as true final boss
why is eggman always the one being betrayed

Come on guys. Leave it to the professionals.

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

I imagine their relationship to like that of Eggman and Wily in Worlds Collide.

Initially Eggman and Bowser will be impressed by each other's stuff (Eggman by Bowser's castles and Bowser by Eggman's robots). The zenith of their cooperation will be after Mario and Sonic are captured. But after the two escape and start mucking things up, they'll start to get on each other's nerves. Eggman will chastise Bowser for being a simpleton and Bowser will mock Eggman's pack of physical prowess and hair.

Unlike Eggman and Will, though, the two will patch up their differences in time to present a strong, unified front to Sonic and Mario in the endgame.

Wait, this is what it looks like? Looks like shit. This title screen got me hyped for nothing.

can we talk about this?

Bowser's actually savvy enough to not let it happen as often. That and Eggman's final machines have been meh lately.

Not until you post more.

Amy's in the game already so it doesn't really matter

>Mario and Sonic

Why is it always Mario and Sonic? Why not Sonic and Mario?

Sounds promising. Can't wait to see for myself what all this "weakling" talk has been about.

you should honestly see the much older version of Infinity
youtube.com/watch?v=PuSVbs-t78U
they actually tweaked a ton of shit here

>Can't wait to see what all this "weakling" talk has been about
Oh, you're gonna enjoy it

Mario came first. If it weren't for the plumber Sonic wouldn't even exist

To be fair Mario came BEFORE Sonic. Your blue boy came out in 1991. Mario started in 1985.

Why is it so laggy?

Also I guess the new one isn't bad but like the other user said, the sprite needs work.

>Infinite's Backstory

So, there are anthro animals who work with Eggman without being blackmailed, tricked, or antiheroes in the games now?

Would Eggman and Mario trade mustache tips?

Sonic's lucky that Mario doesn't hold any grudge for all those jabs Sega took at Nintendo in the 90s

In the post credits scenes.

You mean 1981

How can Bump ever hope to compete?!

I don't like this Sonic 3 styled head

This Amy is cute though.

Bump is just the secret identity.

Horny rat

She literally can't.

That's cute

Still, my point stands.

And since then he's become a worldwide phenomenon. There's probably not a single person who doesn't know Mario. He's that famous.

IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING WESTOPOLIS REMIX

Bumper is just Bump's first form

Yep. And the world map theme is a remix of the menu music of Shadow the Hedgehog. I think that this is probably the very first time they directly referenced that game in such a way.

I must be the only person who thinks that a whole race of weird, sentient bumper-people would be a good addition to the Sonic franchise.

>Chaos 0 was never cool
Rude. You guys are pricks.
Have there ever been a fast-paced platformer games in 3D, maybe? How’s that for a crossover between the two mascots?

Hey, I like Chaos & his Chaos 0 design. But his fights in that form were never really that great.

More famous than Mickey Mouse, apparently.

Chaos is a good character, but his base form is literally nothing.

Come on Sonic, you can't lose to tall rat and fat rat, step it up.

Thanks Campbell

Who? Is he the guy who sometimes bothers the Duck?

Hey guys, Sparky here. Remember my friend Shade?

Back before things got crazy between us, his character was going through a million thousand revisions every other day. A common theme was white hair, usually braided, sometimes pretty long. Another common theme was illusions and altering your perception of reality. He also came up with a gem attached to his chest. And within the context of the Sonic universe, he wanted to be a Jackal. He was trying to move away from the "Shadow" elements that existed strongly in the charater of Shade.

Something about Infinite reminds me of my friend, but I mostly see him as Shadow. Even my friend, although he thinks Shadow is lame now, said that he can see why his younger self loved Shadow. But he thinks Infinite is just like a fan made OC. And even though Infinite shares many elements with my friend's ideas, my friend made it work because he's a super awesome creative genius.

>jackal
>mercenary
so he's just a shitter mix of frost and beerus of Sonic?

Sparky, it is 12:38 in the morning. Go to sleep.

shut up boco

Would the Infinite reveal be better if he was Nack?

*snoring*

>the online manual for Mania mentions a dimension breach on Angel Island
>Classic Sonic is now from a separate dimension
Did the Phantom Ruby somehow travel from the Modern to the Classic dimension?

lol

No I don't think so

I thought it was classic to modern.

I'm going to sleep soon. I am super tired. But I wanted to say this at some point today, but I was busy with other things.

Seriously it's like Infinite is made up of a bunch of my friend's random ideas while Shadow is my friend himself.

What about Battle? He was slow, sure, but he was strongest out of the cast in that game.

That's the theory everyone talked about. Modern Eggman made the Phantom Rubies & one of them landed in Classic's dimension.

>/v/

Tails in Forces said that he thought the Phantom Ruby's power was affecting other dimensions. So it's likely that something like that happened.

Battle was a shining point for Chaos 0, but sadly, his great moments throughout all the games in that form are few & far between.

In Generations, Tails mentions that they're traveling through time AND space. Classic Sonic is indeed a younger Sonic from the past, but also from a different dimension who has had similar but different adventures from Modern Sonic.
From the plot of Forces, it's generally accepted that the Phantom Ruby in Mania is one of the Prototypes that Eggman created in the Modern dimension, that managed to fuck off as he was destroying the others.
It then proceeded to send Classic Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and even Eggman through a major acid trip around Angel Island before fucking off back to it's dimension of origin, taking Classic Sonic with it.
It's assumed to either be the Phantom Ruby Prototype that Infinite later destroys in Green Hill Zone, or the one that Buddy eventually uses.

Yes. That's the joke, user.

Chaos Gamma was stronger.

perro infinito caca

youtube.com/watch?v=Rf8rEb-owqY

You're probably the only one, but I wouldn't mind getting a bit closer to those bumpers.

That should tell you that you have seriously edgy friends.Terrible for long term mental health, but hilarious in small doses. I say dump them if they reach maximum edge.
Also get to bed, seriously.

Joke or not, you should know better to bring that type of inappropriate content in here. I wag my finger in disappointment in you, user.

I'm enjoying myself so far but man it feels weird as fuck not being able to boost as the avatar. I wish they had mapped the wispon to a different button too honestly, using the triggers feels unnatural.
That might just be because I actually don't like the PS4 triggers though.

My friend needs to be convinced to not buy Sonic Forces. What are some Sonic Products he could pick up?

If he wants Sonic Forces, let him get it. Don't try to convince people to not get something they want too.

Sonic Forces: Bonus Edition

Mania, easy. If not, literally almost any other sonic game on steam.

He's on the fence though and he's asking me for advice. He knows it's a bad decision but he's a Sonic nut. He also knows how fucking underwhelming the game is.

Mostly because he has that “INITIATE RECOVERY MODE” attack

Also, Chaos is stronger in terms of strength/attacks
Still, at least that game is a shining moment for Chaos 0.

Then just tell him to get Generations. Or just tell him to take the plunge, because if he's a big enough Sonic nut that he's thinking about getting it despite his problems with it, he'll likely get it anyway at some point.

Let him decide for himself man. Other people's opinions don't particularly matter. And if he doesn't like it, he can just return it.

youtu.be/9ycGlLTyygk

Honestly the best news for me is that the Switch version isn't broken anymore so it will at least be a decent portable game. It's a shame about the rest of it.

If he's a sonic nut he'll probably get it anyways over time out of boredom. I don't get this hateboner people have for Forces. It's underwhelming but honestly harmless, Sonic Team pretty much confirmed they're going by Mania's success instead because it got a much better reaction so Sonic's future is due to Mania, not Forces.

Tell him to get Generations on PC with mods.
If he really wants to try out Forces, he can wait until it's cheaper.

What are all the female hair types?