Is history of Earth Veeky Forums-related?

Is history of Earth Veeky Forums-related?
Why do we so often forget the 4 billion beautiful years before retarded bald apes ruined everything?
Any book recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_of_Eden
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its all fan fiction created by Hollywood to make dinosaur movies. All fake. The earth is only 2016 years old. The calendar is science.

Currently reading "A new history of life" by Peter Ward. Should interest you.

Dinosaurs are demons. Science is demonic.

Do not stray away from the narrow path, lest you should be tortured in hell for all eternity by Yahweh the all-merciful and loving god.

You should believe in the Genesis narrative instead (even though it's just metaphor).

Yahweh is a demon

>animals got less cool as time went on

& Humanities was a mistake

Don't agree.

>Why do we so often forget the 4 billion beautiful years before retarded bald apes ruined everything?

Dinosaurian Pride Worldwide!

That's prehistory you mong

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_of_Eden

In the parallel universe of this novel, Earth was not struck by an asteroid 65 million years before the present. Consequently, the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event which wiped out the dinosaurs and other reptiles never happened, leaving the way clear for an intelligent species to eventually evolve from mosasaurs, a family of Late Cretaceous marine lizards closely related to the modern monitor lizards.

Why do faggots like you hate yourself so much? Humans are powerful and intelligent creatures who can shape the world to meet our needs. We create the finest art. The human experience is second to none on this planet. It's a beautiful web of consciousness and matter playing out in the most brilliant way.

Yet because sometimes we do things either in ignorance or malice, you discount the human experience altogether. I wish we could genocide all nihilists, anti-natalists, and techno-worshipers.

Sentient humans are the ones that genocided the fuck out of the last large animals. Once you had 10-150 guys with spear, large game + free food.

Because assuming you're retarded is much safer than assuming you're flawless and will never fuck up

Thanks for making me butthurt. I hate this kind of determinism.

>Ruined everything
For who?

>ruin the climate
>exterminate and displace thousands of animal species
>mine the shit out of the planet
>pollute everything with non-degradable materials
>create enough nuclear weaponry to blow Earth up several dozen times over
Humanity fuck yeah!

Actually no.
The later will at least lead to results, the former will lead to you giving up and sitting down to die.

That's pretty awesome yes.

Literally "prehistory"
Fuck off

those animals look scary as fuck! i'm really happy that they look at least normal now

Kawaii World Hypothesis. Hominids, now essentially being a force of nature unto themselves, create a selective pressure against fearsome, robust animals.

The Earth itself has exterminated 99% of species to ever live on this planet through natural selection. Does that mean the Earth is bad?

>create enough nuclear weaponry to blow up Earth several times over

There aren't even enough nukes, you would need trillions of them to destory Earth.

What does it matter what we do with the Earth?
Once we are done ravaging get her we will simple find another.

>The Earth itself has exterminated 99% of species to ever live on this planet through natural selection. Does that mean the Earth is bad?
Yep and still biodiversity is increasing after every mass-extinctions. There are only two scenarios that bother me:
1) Climate change turns the planet into Venus 2.0 (seems unlikely at this point, but positive feedback loops (methane) are scary)
2) Grey goo type scenario: self-replicating machines that cause biological entropy to sustain themselves

Though if self-replicating machines could live side by side with biological species, that would be a really cool scenario - but would it?