Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z
Other undubs: pastebin.com/KxsDbkq8

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!bExTRahb!qRKVfagWcuesrETzsOpOAzBCYYZ1C4GmZseNzQqS8NA
EU (complete): a.doko.moe/ystmmt.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

Previous Thread:

>no /sqg/

First for swimsuit roboty

>EOV
>get to 3rd stratum
>get master classes
>make 4 kat masu
>dies to a light breeze
>have to make dragoon tank for her every turn
>have to constantly farm the 1st stratum for ingredients to buy enough nectars to keep her alive
Game seems like it just got much less fun.

>Make character that wears no armour
>Frustrated that it dies in one hit, unprepared for the cost of keeping it alive
?????
What did you expect?

to be able to buy as many nectars as I actually need without it being a pain in the ass and filling the game with even more boring mining runs

>use 4katanas with +VIT
>still one shot by normal monsters
bunnies were a mistake

>Complaining about revival items in the game with fifty billion different ways to revive
Two union skills, a basic skill, a passive on the 4Kat, two different pre-emptive revive skills, two in-combat consumables and a food item, and they're all easy to farm for. Like, how are you upset about this?

>tfw surrounded by INTlets

>he fell for the meme

>high Int
>still a fuccboi

Trying EOU classic, my team is L/P/A/H/M, how is Ronin in this game? Is it still shit like EOU2?

No. It's way better than the shitty U2 Ronin.

I havent played it but I feel like ive heard ronin was good in EOU1 in these threads before

>scouring labyrinth for a couple hours
>still missing chests

there's no class specific force boost so everything else is worse

you can only get the ultimate katana on story mode because fuck classic mode spergs

fuck marry kill

fuck kupala
marry shilleka
kill mole

It's good

fuck hag
marry salad
kill brown

My EOU Expert team is DH/R/P H/T. How fucked am I

Kill Marry Fuck
Well that was easy.

Kill salad
Exchange the marry and fuck options for 1 nectar and another kill option
You can guess the rest

Why didn't you bring a botanist if you were going to run the most fragile build in the game?
Speaking of that, is a blade dancer with 2 katanas still good? What about 3?
Won't be able to kill primeval even on normal/10
I ran the same team with a medic instead. Most of the game was fine but the post game bosses were ass because everything resists binds and recover from them so quickly your damage goes down so hard. The dragons were nightmares and primeval was literally unwinnable.

Go 1kat, they are way sturdier.

1kat 1kat 1kat
shaman botanist
is this the most casual team you can make

what a slut

1 kat/ shield dragoon/ rover/ shaman/ botanist
all human/brouni

would still be less casual than tombstone vice/chain blast rushing

I miss my dumb bunny already

I'm still very early into V, but I'm planning ahead. My party is
Dodge Fencer | Bind Pugilist | 1kat Bunny
Warlock | Support Necro
Considering I'll probably have issues keeping alive a glass cannon, I should make the Warlock into an Omnimancer, right? Is It good? I don't think I've seen anyone mention using it.
Any other issues with my party that I should be aware of? Other than bringing healing items.

>M
Yes please

>First time playing EOU
>I wonder what's the enemies like
>3 moles
>1 hit K.O the party
O-Okay, that was....something.

>Glass cannon
???
What glass cannon? You've got a Dodge Fencer, an Earthlain Pugilist, and possibly an Earthlain 1Kat.
>I should make the Warlock an Omnimancer
Either one will work well with your team comp. Elemancer is easier to use for most of the game, and I don't think the utility of the Omnimancer means much since you've got a Pugilist.
>Issues that I should be aware of?
Warlock and Necro are TP hungry. Stock up on Pancakes and Honey Yoghurt (as if you wouldn't do this anyway), and take the Gourmet racial. You don't have a Brouni on your team for Guard Order / Superspeed / Aegis Shield / Hygieia's Bowl, so you'll need to make intelligent use of Tri-Shield while you're setting up Binds. I highly, HIGHLY recommend an Earthlain 1Kat for this.

>Warlock and Necro are TP hungry.
They're Celestrians though. In my experience I found Earthlain anything to run out of TP first.

>Hexer in EOU don't have posion
Well that's lame.

Omnimancer is an ok damage class with some utility.

Don't get Wraith Mastery - Dodge Fencer really, really likes their blind and Wraith overwriting it with paralysis is not a good thing.

don't give advice anymore

They have pertrify instead.
But their damage without grimoires is almost 0.
I'm not sure they even have Revenge Curse but fuck if I ever use it.

this but unironically

>Dodge Fencer likes blind
Blind isn't actually very good for Dodge Fencer because of the way it interacts with the evasion formula.

Chains can miss Chad Mole while he is underground. Apparently a Fencer can not wait for enemies to get hit by specific attack if they can not see the enemy.

What exactly about the advice is bad?

Could you explain that some more?
Is that why blind enemies using area attacks would miss everyone except my dodge Fencer? I thought it was just selective perception on my part.

Omni synergizes better there, yeah.
I'd use chain fencer there, bosses are going to be bound, petrfied or both

To be fair it takes a high iq to realize being beta is superior

Blind applies a 0.67 multiplier to the accuracy calculation at the end. That means that if a dodge Fencer has a 97% chance to dodge, they'll have a 99% chance to dodge a blinded target.

I shouldn't have said it "isn't actually very good" because it is still good, but it ends up being a pretty small difference since the multiplier is being applied to such a small value anyway.

lightweight is deadweight

How do i build a chase team in EOU?
Land Ronin Alchemist?

>a dodge Fencer has a 97% chance to dodge
Do they really though?

Lightweight son!

Isn't it better to just go 3kat + heavy armor when doing regular stratum exploring? You can equip an extra katana and bodyguard every turn when fighting FOEs or bosses. I also just reached 3rd strat and I just use Counter Guard every turn (plus my Necro's Grave on my Dragoon), mitigates damage and causes some nice counters (probably more damage than the Shield Dragoon would do on their own). Shame the Dragoon has such low TP.

I do have a question concerning the Masurao, though. Are equipment stats important, or is it like in IV, where you just need to make sure there's some nice bonuses (like +VIT, +WIS or +STR) attached to it? Also, if I equip a weapon like the Kotegiri in one of the extra slots, will I get the arm bind chance on all normal attacks, or only if multi-sword procs, or not at all?

Also it seems counterintuitive that lugging around a bigass coffin still gives you better speed modifiers than using superior nippon steel. Why can Masurao not quad-wield coffins instead?

They can actually achieve above 100%.

When using one of the multikat skills or reblossom activating you cycle through each of your katanas in turn for each hit

Ah ok.
I still found blind very, very good especially if you want to use a dodge Fencer as an actual defensive support.
Blind and Phantom Sword kept my party relatively safe.

Panic or Petrify are easily better at that but something like Paralysis is too unreliable for my tastes.
Of course with proper binding things look different.

>have over 100% dodge
>still get hit
why is nene so dumb

>use a dodge Fencer as an actual defensive support.
Fencers. Are. For. Attacking.

Yeah, but how high up can enemy accuracy go?

Because you don't know how to use her.

The highest I've seen is 160 base accuracy. Without using Divine Gust or Predict, you can achieve 1460 net evasion before taking stats or passive into account. As long as your opponent isn't bypassing accuracy checks, you can dodge anything.

if thats true then dodge fencer sucks cause it cant even match up to chains damage even with no real help

Don't bully, I just used leftover classes for my second run. Which meant no Dragoon, Pugilist or Shaman so my defence was a Dodge Fencer and a Healer Botanist's Herb Boost (and the Aegis Prayer bow).

Dodge Fencer actually performed better than I would have thought - I was sure that they would completely suck at defending the party. But they were helpful many, many times.

So don't undersell Nene, she can help her party if need be.

>shilleka is ready to remove salad by breaking its neck
At least someone knows what to do

>match up to chains damage
Tall order.

Neneposters must leave right fucking now

make me

Don't get your spaghetti in a bunch.

SEETHING

lmao

Ah, that kind of sucks. Makes the 4kat a pretty huge investment money-wise and materials-wise.

Nice samefag

>lili will never spank you

i want to spank mediko

I'll have you know I was asleep so there was no chance of me making the thread.
I'd also probably not do it at all if it didn't bother you so much. If you didn't care so much I wouldn't even try, I couldn't care less about /sqg/ becoming a thing or not.
They're a gift, accept them!

which etriam has the best feet

>dodge fencer can't even match up to chains damage
>he hasn't seen the video

Focus Chant or Spread Chant?

Spread Chant seems slightly better (assuming the amount of hits is actually random between 2 and 6, putting it at 1.5-4.5x damage vs Focus Chant's solid 2.25x), but the TP cost is pretty huge. I'm even running out of TP just using lv4 Focus Chant.

both

There's no reason to use Focus over Spread ever.

>memebuild for one boss matters

Focus for bosses with more than one target, Spread for single targets.

leave it at the 4/9 breakpoints and it's cheaper than level 5 focus

each have their use

regal toes

>Builds are bad
>Respec to try and fix it
>Seems like its way better
>performs worse

why

Spread a best.

REMOVE NENE remove nene you are worst fencer. you are the fencer idiot you are the dodge smell. return to iorys. to our mars cousins you may come our planet. you may live in the labyrinth…. nene genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead nene..do not forget great war. fencers we kill the eternal tyrant , fencers return to your precious iorys... .hahahahaha idiot fencer and dodge smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE NENE FROM THE PREMISES.

>one boss
It works against virtually everything, just to varying degrees. How many post-game bosses have mutli-hit attacks, anyway? All of them? :^)

What attack should I use on Hawk Rover

Sky Dive seems great but its so hard to predict what will be going on in 3 turns in a dangerous fight

Aerial Talons doesnt take advantage of therian strength at all but it hits fairly hard

Million arrows seems good, functioning as a pseudo aoe even but I need some kind of accuracy thing to make it work

>just to varying degrees
rng reliant = useless

So you never use binds and ailments?

might make for a good argument in a game in which chain blast didn't exist

Binds and ailments have their niche, le epic lure meme doesn't

Aerial Talons is the cheap skill to spam.
Sky Dive + Million Arrows and Power Shot is for bosses and FOEs.
Wing Thrash's priority makes it useful to kill off weak enemies.