/twg/ - Total War General

Hotfix Beta Patch Notes
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-pte-patch-notes

New historical info:
totalwar.com/blog/update-on-historical-releases

Mortal Empire is out, hotfix beta NOW, Norsca never.

Blood and Gore:
store.steampowered.com/app/594591

How the Combined Map works
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-with-ian-roxburgh

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up is for Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OG-CQgtcbqg
youtube.com/watch?v=_WyD94vNqWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no you

Wood Elves STRONK

2nd for the albion dream!

Reminder that the Tyrion & Teclis characters (1993) were directly inspired by the 1988 movie Twins:
youtube.com/watch?v=OG-CQgtcbqg
youtube.com/watch?v=_WyD94vNqWg

>Arnold = Tyrion
The alpha perfect male twin
>Devito = Teclis
The stunted genetic refuse twin

>Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."
Hellenic greece?

>no Elspeth von Draken
>no Bertha Bestraufrung
>no Lucrezzia Belladonna
>no Repanse de Lyonesse
>no Naestra and Arahan, Sisters of Twilight
>no Drycha
>no Ariel, Avatar of Isha
>no Crone Hellebron
>no Valkia the Bloody
>no Dechala the Denied One
>no Alarielle the Everqueen
>no unique Princess Eldyra squire hero for Tyrion
>no Tzarina Katarin
>no Queen Khalida Neferher
>no Neferata
>no unique Geneviève Dieudonné hero for Lahmians
Are CA fucking *SEXIST* or something?!

ALEXANDER

>The alpha perfect male twin
being alpha implies mental retardation?

How would you guys feel if CA did Total War: Alexander?
Factions would be
>Alexander/Philip II's Macedonia
>Greece
>Persia
>Egypt
>Mauria, India
Later we could get Ethiopia/Nubians, Italians, Arabians, and Afghans.
The map would basically be the eastern third of the R2 map. Here is the kicker. India. We include all of India and central Asia. And maybe, if you really wanted to push it... China.
You could lead Alexander to greater heights than even he achieved, lead the Pharaoh's in a pre-Ptolemaic Egypt, etc.

>Ptolemaic Egypt sister-fucking simulator

so now that that crappy chinese dark souls clone is cracked is one of the groups finally gonna do mortal empires?

I'd be interested in an Alexander Saga title, but not a new main game.

Pretty sure Macedon to Sindh is a little too big for a Saga title
Ptolemaic is post Alexander. You can be a non-Hellenic Egypt and not fuck your sister. You probably should still fuck your sister, though.

Post-Alexander would be better than Alexander.

We shall start today's hunt by flashing our big Minotaur balls to lizard fucking shits.

While the idea doesn't thrill me to the point of excitement I'd be willing to wait and see how it would turn out.

I guess they could cobble something up from the Achaemenid royal stele in the way of West Asian factions, but the period is too remote and obscure for TW to be able to portray factions correctly beyond the two or three main players.

Nah, if it's just going from the Balkans eastwards they could easily make it about the same size as the Charlemagne map, which is I guess what they're going for with the Saga games.

ARE YOU A GOD?

Pre-Alexander
>Non-Hellenic Egypt
>Greece
>Macedon
>Achaemenid Empire
>Mauria
Post-Alexander
>A bunch of people Larping as Alexander with some local flavor thrown in

Skinks are not only adorable but also brave. And soon to be food.

Why are those Chorfs so tall? Has Chorfen magical engineering finally achieved the impossible in this AoS and made them transcend their manlethood?

All of India? I'm thinking more like Caesar in Gaul for the Saga games.

Speaking of food.

>Alexander LL
>faction-wide buff to cavalry charge bonus
>-50% upkeep for Companion (Shock Cavalry, Frenzy)
>ward save 90% because of Emperor's Destiny

WHEN ARE WE GETTING DARK AGES TOTAL WAR? I WANT ALFRED THE GREAT. I WANT IT.

Maybe not all of India as well, but certainly from Greece to Pakistan. I think they'll go bigger for the Saga titles, keeping the number of provinces pretty big. They did say it's like FotS so I'm hoping it's pretty much a full game rather than just a tightly focused campaign.

*Blocks your path*

Alexander actually took like half of the Sindh. The game can't end where his conquest did, it has to leave open the possibility for greater conquest, for him or for other powers. That's why the eastern border needs to be Bengal or China

FFS, I cannot get into Warhammer at all.
I purchased it with all the DLCs, it should be awesome on paper, but I keep going back to Attila and sighing with relief.

Attila to me is the best TW ever released.
I would love Shogun 2 more, but the battles are too arcade'y + I hate the lack of line of sight.

It works wonders in Attila if you ever played a vs MP campaign.
Leads to some awesome tactics.

Skink Chief not so tough after facing imminent Gorebull axe.

And so we have learned that ambushing Lizardmen isn't an easy task. Anyone else, the level of shock and awe that is angry Minotaurs and Gors running them down at close range makes them run within moments while Lizardmen just stand there and rampage.

>not Dark Angels: Total War

*click*
ASTARTES!
BRAVE EMPEROR'S CHILDREN TO A MAN!
SUFFER NOT THE XENO TO LIVE!
PURGE THE HERETIC!
JETPACK MARINES - SEND US OUT!
OUR CHAINSWORDS LOVE BLOOD!

God I wish. I

Alright, who's got the South East Asia TW pasta?

New to these games here, been playing Napoleon total war and apparently the game doesn't like it when you break history during the campaign.

>Start Prussian campaign
>Not too familiar with this time frame, so just follow the tips which boil down to "invade all the little shitty countries, Ally with Austria and Russia"
>Proceed to get bogged down in a year long war with Denmark because the little fucks just can't let Meckleberg go.
>Finally defeat Denmark only to realize Sweden is pissed and refuses every bribe I can think of to apologise
>Que the great "shut the fuck up Sweden" campaign of winter 1808
>With entirety of northern map under my control I swing my armies west because apparently I was supposed to be fighting France this whole time, currently my best trade partner. The game helpfully reminds me of this by having France stab me in the back
>Proceed to tear through the city states and smaller French regions to surround Paris with 3 veteran full stacks with 5+ star generals each
>Conquer Paris, even beat their surface Navy and take their 122 gun ship out of spite.
>He even requests peace from his shitty little island and takes the hilariously abusive treaty I wrote up just to see if he would. I even get military access to his lands
>"The locals are restless, you should prepare for a rebellion"
>Big whoop it'll be some peasants with pitchforks, I've got 3 fresh veteran armies with two more south gearing up for operation "swiggity swooty, I'm coming for that Spanish booty"
>Rebels pop up 3 turns later
>MFW total war's version of rebels is 2 full armies at 3+ chevron's per unit elite guard, heavy cavalry, and artillery
>Operation "swiggity swooty" has to be put on hold as I rush half my forces up to France to outnumber the rebs

I don't know where the fuck these guys came from. I guess they were Napoleon's secret clone army because his armies were a joke before I conquered Paris. This game is fun as hell, can't wait to crush these "rebels"

>Gay jew chapter

lmao why would you want a nerd?

>The final battle will be against a keeper of secret guys!
>NO the vortex battle is against a verminlord and if you're skaven you can use it!

>Arab soldiers

good one, user

Quick, post some faction bonus for historical legendary lords

Let's see some Greek and Persian units.

"dark ages" is Attila

you'll get Alfred the Nerd in the Saga title because that one is about vikings

>anarcho-communist cat people
TOU HAVE TO GO BACK

I think the book was called Armies of the Arab Conquests or something like that.

That's an Immortal?

I didn't expect 300 garbage, but wasn't the story that they all wore full concealing face masks so that any casualty could be replaced without the enemy having confirmation the soldiers actually died so the persians could spin the "Oh, they healed, they're immortals" story?

how do you skill Khainite assassins? Should I go full assassination meme? or melee skills ? or ranged?

shame their men are so ugly

no wonder the qts infiltrate bretonnia

From what the book says (The Greek and Persian Wars from Osprey's Men at Arms series) it was just about the numbers of the unit being immediately replaced and never allowed to fall under 10,000. Nothing about face masks.

>>MFW total war's version of rebels is 2 full armies at 3+ chevron's per unit elite guard, heavy cavalry, and artillery

Thats normal, it's based on your current power and shit. It's in every game and it's real annoying

Napoleon:

-50% upkeep to Old Guard and Young Guard units
+30% campaign movement range
-100% diplomatic relations with England
+100% casualties suffered from snow attrition

it was more a cloth hat with a scarf that could be pulled down to cover the mouth and nose during dust storms.

>lore friendly mods
Those fucking mod cucks and their steel faith shit.

>Empire suddenly has more elite infantry variations than every vanilla faction combined
Hope these people never get into game design

mods are just straight up always shit, every single time

Did he just go down the list in the gamebook and add every unit he saw?

Any mods that remove the AI leadership buff on higher difficulties?
Started on Legendary and the AI armies pretty much dont give a fuck when I snipe their general.

What don't you like about it? At least tell us more than you love to suck Atilla's cock user.

>Quintus Fabius 'Cunctator'
+20% move range all forces
-50% upkeep legionnaire units
+5 leadership when defending
+10% ambush chance
-2 PO

No, a lot of the things come from outside the rulebooks. Most things, in fact.

Total War: spermanii boogaloo

Oh history

>fucking overhand garbage

>that floppy cavalry hat
So that's where the hats in Wrath of Sparta came from.

>people unironically consider r2 to be a better game than attila
I don't know why but this drives me fucking insane, now that CA has confirmed they are going back to the pissfilters simulator all the drones are praising R2 as the best tw title of all time. Shit like that is why game devs get away with shitting on the community - if they are truly making a Crisis of the 3rd Century DLC then there is not a single fucking reason as to why it should be in rome2 and not attila. Literally every aspect of that time period is better suited for Attila's game mechanics than R2's - the only fucking reason this dlc is for rome2 is so they can collect easy money from gullible fuckwits who think that they are actually going to fix a 4 year old game

I don't think R2 is better, but I do enjoy it more than Attila.

>dlc for fucking rome 2
>saga is boring viking vs eire trash
>next historical release likely china
just fucking kill me

The horse is way too small. Or that one persian is like 2.20 meters tall.

How is my boy Goldface in Mortal Empires? Magic seems powerful in the Vortex Campaign. Is he any good now or still shit?

He must be from Warhammer Fantasy, because everyone for some reason rides ponies.

Just like the other old-worlders, he's waiting for his patch

Lore of metal is pretty good overall, the bombardment spell actually does damage now which is the main thing that was annoying about playing him

comparing to teclis or malekith or maz, he's shit

We've been over this

They are money grubbing kikes, that's why they are doing it.

But the hope here is that the patch alongside the DLC has actual substantial changes in it and gets as close as possible to turning Rome 2 into an Attila reskin.

Okay against lowtier units.

No, ironically the empire *and most faction* are missing very few rulebook units. They're picking obscure shit out of the lore, the RPG's, White Dwarf (magazine) articles...

>They are money grubbing kikes, that's why they are doing it.
This is the truth, and the worst thing about it is that if you criticize CA for doing it, the drones start whiteknighting and talking about how poor CA has to release this for Rome 2 for their tiny indie-dev studio to make a profit, as making it for Attila would have caused the studio to go bankrupt (ignoring the fact that they made ass-loads of money off of both warhammers)

How to use Death Hags and Witch Elves?

He will save us from mediocrity

Death hag with cauldron = very slow chariot but still mows down infantry lines. However, with Foeseeker, you can make her go ramming speed.
Death hag without cauldron = okay-ish duelist

Witch Elves = You dont. Because unless you mod them, their inexistent armor, pathetic damage and slow running speed make them virtually useless.

Everyone has to pander to Chinafags these days, just accept it

>hard is too easy
>very hard is too hard

I'm a shitter

>no abhorash for VC LL
>get gorst instead
>no bohemond for bret
>alberic literal who
What are these fucking choices

who are you quoting?

Thoughts?
I think it looks a lot better than the usual animation

Being able to cause enemy units to rampage makes them very good utility units
Keep a couple of witch elves in the back line and send them in when you want to keep something like cavalry occupied

The dumb fantasy drones pre-whorehammer 2 release

is there a point in taking more casters into battle? do they share wind of magic pool?

>hands clipping through the blade.

The old animation is better. It's a glaive not an axe.

The more casters you bring the higher the pool of magic is and the faster you gain magic per second. If you have good magic users you should stack them all in the same army to create an unstoppable whirlwind of magic.

What purpose of that shit unit. It can't kill anybody. Vargulf just regens the dmg.

Alberic is actually a decent choice but then they went and made him generic von generic

Christ they fucked up Brettonia huge. They didn't give Alberic any items except his trident, and then didn't even give him his trident.

CA hates certain iconic GW units like the Wardancers and the Witch Elves. Maybe it's cause they don't resemble spearmanii? Anyway, they made them useless and gave them daggers instead of machetes to wield.

That's not a fault of Warhammer's but simply a matter of CA being craftsmen rather than artists.

That's hoiw glances are wielded

But it's not a great lance, it's a glaive, look up glaives.

>I've conquered the whole world many times over in the Total War realm
>but I will never conquer the heart of a qt 1.34 pie gf

Bret lords should be Leonceure, Tancred II, Bohemond, and Fey Enchantress. Why?

Those 3 are grail knights with more than one fucking magic item, and the feet enchantress is the feet enchantress