www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

STALEARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

sto.gamepedia.com/Caitian
twitter.com/AnonBabble

love ringworlds

horatio is a faggot

Don't start.

Darker pleasures.

>a ring inside a ring inside a ring

dumb phoneposter

yo dawg

He's right tho.

What's it going to take to make both of you realize you shame us all by existing?

Fuck off Horatio.

>hypelanes thread stands now at 224 pages

Jesus fuck, at this point the people mad at having warp and warmholes removed just sound like spoiled 5 year olds

people are defending removing core features like mindless drones

>mummy colonized the holy planet
It's over lads

This thread has been locked for overwhelming negativity.

>core features
I do not think it remotely credible that anyone considers "3 FTL types" a core feature.
It was, at best, an oddity

How do I get good at RTS when I mostly just do base building?

Why is there this shitstorm, then?

He's just sucking paracock's dick, don't bother.

get an rts where base building is fun

There are plenty of them. The problem is attacking.
Like Stronghold.

>shitty sector governor ai keeps switching two pops back and forth, fucking with my mineral and energy output

What shitstorm?
Couple autists have been spamming here as well, ignore and proceed

You ain't foolin' me, Wiz

Literally, furries.
A sizeable minority of people play Stellaris just so they can RP as the Space Fox Yiff Kingdom. Just look at the official forums, you'll see people proudly proclaiming
> "1300 hours, never won a game, 'cos I mostly RP 1-planet empires :^)"
It's these people who are pissed off because they don't play Stellaris as a game, they play it to yiff, so the crippling effect that 3 FTLs has on coherent strategy is literally never something they encounter. As long as they've got their Star Trek FX mod combined with their Space Fox Sexual Dimorphism, portrait, that's all they care about.

>shitty sector governor AI builds random science lab upgrade instead of building something for an unemployed pop

>Space Fox Yiff Kingdom
Yes, and?

>role players in PDI game are suddenly bad
the mental gymnastics

> unironically defending furries

>denying being a furry

>furries
>Star Trek
Why not both? Community had a massive fit over STD

CHAKATS

Huh? Nah,these things are legit. Guess some dude from 80s had a boner for his housecat.
sto.gamepedia.com/Caitian

I thought Chakats are a better trigger

>so the crippling effect that 3 FTLs has on coherent strategy is literally never something they encounter

>Have 3 different FTL methods that may produce interesting strategy choices
>Get rid of them cause you are unimaginative fucker that can't make their own game good

Why are people defending cutting FTL instead of hating paracukcs for being shit devs is beyond me.

Fucking Endless Space have 2,5 different FTLs since part 1 and it works.

>Being dependent on AI running things.
You brought this on yourselves fuckers.

Suprisingly enough MOO3 made a workaround about this- your engines have warp and hyperlane speeds and the farther you go in tech the faster your warp speed becomes- essentially changing the chokepoint system.

And I don't get why people are crucifying them for moving something (something that nobody cared about until last week) from early game to lategame in order to start address the doomstack problem.
Wiz is a hack for many reasons, but this isn't one of them.

Which is also what is present in ES... in ES1 (which I played more) early game it's all about the checkpoints and lanes, but late game everybody just goes from star to star because it's faster like that.

haha yeah i'm just going to colonize 3 core systems and be that way for the entire game haha

Indeed but i think ES and MOO3 took different routes with tech- MOO3 has at least 15 different engine techs so thing its way more gradual.

I hate WUZ just as the next guy but this may be the first gamedesigne decision that this dude ever made, that actually make sens.

ES also requires several tech upgrades before it's faster to warp than to lane.
How does trench warfare in space make sense?

Holy shit it's adorable.

>Have 3 different FTL methods that may produce interesting strategy choices

>MAY, but never did.

fuck off m8 i played a ton of MP and the only matches that are worth remembering were hyperlanes only.

Realistically speaking proper space warfare would be using biological weaponry on planets to wipe everything.
Just send bunch of disease missiles from deep space or whatever and planet is gone.

Why would you want to wipe out entire planet? Do you have several billions/trillions of people laying around that you just wipe planets clean instead of conquering them?

>address the doomstack problem
It won't help.
It will be doomstack vs doomstack aided by static defense.

So late game will be like early game where you have problems with killing spaceport and defender have great advantage.
Plus if star fort will be strong then you will want even bigger stack to kill it quicker in order to suffer less losses.
At now you can at least try to raid enemy economy by splitting fleets before you kill yourself out of frustration from micro.

effective bureaucracy->full expansion->imperial prerogative would net you 12 systems, enough base so lel random AI shittery will not hurt you.

Would you trust newly conquered planets with higher tier administrative work? Its like saying USA can occupy China.

>How does trench warfare in space make sense?

its a game you twat, a realistic 4x game would look like Aurora autism simulator.Thus the first task is not to make sens but be enjoyable from a gameplay perspective.

If you want a relistic Stellaris we wouldnt even have FTL and wait a day of in game time till the colonyship arrives at the nearest star

There was that book where people colonized other planets with sleeper ships and didnt have any way to reach each other except by communication.

But if you conquered planets by exterminating people that live there everybody would gang up on you, since you basically nuke things left and right to them... Those people won't come back, so they'd make sure you won't do it again.
Do you enjoy space trench warfare, where the only thing that counts is who has more fleetpower?
Besides, I don't ask for realistic gameplay, but for one that fits the theme. Land warfare is hardly space-like.

SotS relies heavily on bioweapons. Conquering planets Stellaris-style doesn't work because in SotS the aliens are actually different from you. The insectoid eusocials are genetically loyal to their queen, for example, and they will never submit. You can wipe them out with conventional military, but having them surrender and then become your citizens isn't possible.

>everyone would gang on you
Nah,everyone would start cleansing planets too.

>SotS relies heavily on bioweapons
It's also about a total war, one to an extinction.

You can have "space trench warfare" by having supply lines, which means that if one side gets behind its enemy, they can wipe out unarmed supply ships, which harms the main fleet. This will result in both sides having fortified borders, and victory based on whoever can exploit a weakness that lets them break through.

>It won't help
It unquestionably will help, because without warp & wormhole's
> "Lol I drop on top of you out of nowhere, hope you didn't split your fleet up :^)"
it removes a big disincentive to split your fleet up.
It won't solve doomstacks on its own, but it is a necessary component of any subsequent solution

How about
>if you don't protect your shit, you lose a lot of your economic power
Does it require hyperlanes? Does it allow doomstacks, vulnerable to raiding, to dominate?

How? There are chokepoints everywhere, wasn't that the points of hyperlanes? The enemy can get his doomstack to yours and simply push you back.

I just don't like the term hyperlane or hyperdrive, warp or wormhole just sounds better.

Well, let me clarify. You can have space trench warfare in a space game. You cannot have it in Stellaris, either the current or the upcoming version. It's wrong to say that "trench warfare" doesn't make sense in space, because the same dynamic is possible, but as you say, this hyperlane-only business is going to encourage doomstacks even more.

They had two choices.
The first was hypermemes only, the second was your "free movement plus archipelago stronghold systems that centralise the defender's might and losing one tanks the economy".
The second one is worse than the first one because it still has no warfare fronts; strategy is all about where the fleet is right now, not where the front line is right now.

OOOO SHAKA

No it won't.

If there will be 1 "super strategic" lance connection then it will be just a game of who can throw more ships into that 1 fucking system.

Doomstacking is not a thing of FTL but just cause there is no fucking reason to use fleet in any other way than wiping enemy fleet and nothing else.

HoI 4 have better naval system while bewing a land game, fucking EU had better naval system where you needed transports and commerce fleet to do things.

In Stellaris all your fleet can do is sunk hostiles and bomb planets and in both it is most effective as doomstack, so not doomstacking is using your fleet incorrectly in most cases.

All the game needs is raiding and commerce mechanics to force your fleet into non full scale action

>Doomstacking is not a thing of FTL but just cause there is no fucking reason to use fleet in any other way than wiping enemy fleet and nothing else.
Many things cause doomstacking. You're right, one of the things is that there is nothing else to do with your fleet. But ALSO there's the fact that if you split and the other guy doesn't, you're gonna get shrekt. Combine that with the fact that doomstacks are incredibly maneuverable due to free-roaming FTL and you have a recipe for disaster if you ever split up

>Saladin blobs so hard he builds a new city for every one i take down
For fucks sake

Do you complain there are no frontlines on the ocean too?
There are no frontlines in space because space is 99% vacuum. Vacuum is not worth defending.
>But ALSO there's the fact that if you split and the other guy doesn't, you're gonna get shrekt.
Because there's nothing worth defending. Imagine that in the time doomstacker wipes out one of your fleets, your other 4 fleets do damage worth -100 of minerals and -100 of energy. And before he catches another fleet, he's losing -175 of minerals and energy every month. Doomstacks are a thing not because fleets are mobile, but because war is free and not something that can break your empire in half.

But without free roaming ftl you are removing mobility and without mobility there is less and less reason to not doomstack as you have less and less of options to outmaneuver enemy.

If they would just let us automate raiding mining research stations so it would not be a fucking chore it would probably make me discard sizable portion of corvettes to raiding and economy protection.

Automation is one thing, but there's also needed incentive to actually defend your shit. If you lost some minerals/research after a station is destroyed, you'd probably want to defend them much more.

>There are no frontlines in space because space is 99% vacuum
> MUH REALISM ARGUMENT
I don't care.
As mentioned by , "what space is really like" is not a relevant factor here. Especially when you're actually arguing about "what FTL is really like", as in, that FTL that doesn't really exist.
1.9 could change Stellaris so the lore is that the interstellar medium is made of blancmange and it wouldn't matter. The only important consideration is "will it make gameplay less of a whack-a-mole clusterfuck?"
If your argument is "No", then fine. You're wrong, but fine, that's at least a coherent opinion. Conversely, "I demand that Stellaris provide a faithful representation of faster than light travel warfare" is not, because there is nothing to be faithful to.

> "But it'll just turn into trench warfare / HOI4/EUIV in space"
Good. That's what I wanted in the first place. That's the game I thought I was buying anyway back in May '16.

>haha bro why don't we just go around the heavily fortified star :P

fucking blitzkrieg geniuses over here

fucking exploiters

>But without free roaming ftl you are removing mobility and without mobility there is less and less reason to not doomstack as you have less and less of options to outmaneuver enemy.
There's a happy medium.
Playing a coridoor shooter gives no room to maneuver because you have no choice.
Playing current Stellaris renders maneuver futile because it's functionally impossible to ambush anyone as there's literally fifty routes they could take between A and B.
Having the kind of province connectivity they have in historical Paradox games - usually 4-6 neighbouring provinces per central province - maneuver is a fine art, easy to learn hard to master.

is that a rogue servitor?

I hope she can pamper me as much as whe wants

Not sure what they could do, EUIV has supply limit in single provinces going above that hits you with attration, but I can’t think of a logical way to apply that to stellaris to cap fleet size in the setting. some sort of increased fleet cap penalty for having single fleets above x size, but then you’d just split fleets up but move them at the same time

Reminder that none of this would be a problem if we could jury-rig new hyperlanes up for massive minerals and energy costs and at a risk to the ships

Why don't you play HoI, then? I didn't want HoI in space and I didn't buy it. If I wanted to have frontlines, I'd play HoI. With present FTL I can win a war against an enemy even if I can't outmatch him in ships or technology. The entire point of space is that it's unlike anything that's been before and yet nobody dared to explore that phenomenon.
That's because you don't intercept anybody on their way, but you instead either wait for them at your worlds OR you go to theirs and force them to show up or lose their valuable shit.

Why the fuck you cling so much to land warfare? You're incapable of comprehending anything else?

I think the main priblem with replacing the Warp/Hyperlane/Wormhole system thatw as before is that now people won't be able to roleplay specific Sci-fi settings, which was one of the main features of the game (what with all the custo Shipset mods for those settings.

>Star Trek : Warp Speed Warp Travel
>Star Wars : Hyperspace Hyperlanes Travel
>Stargate: Stargate Wormhole Travel

So now that a specific space travel system is being implemented and developed in exchange of the other two the game feels more like it's own thing rather than allowing players to make of it what they wanted.

IMO

We should also remove missiles because all attempts at balancing them have failed

Removing core mechanics is fine, false advertising is also fine

It was literally something that advertised during the developer diaries you fucking sycophantic faggot. On top of that there literally isn't a good reason to remove the features- you can improve hyperlanes without taking away the other features. This is Wiz trying to force people to play how he thinks they should play because he's a fat faggot with autism.

I don't give a shit about roleplaying, I give a shit about feel. Warp and wormholes feel like space. Hyperlanes only require background reskin and terrain to be effectively Europa Universalis 40000.

>I don't give a shit about roleplaying, I give a shit about feel.
Well, roleplaying is alot about feel, so there's that.

We should also remove static defenses because all attempts at balancing them have failed.

I guess warp space is jump drives? Also I agree, the game is pretty much only enjoyable from a roleplaying perspective.

The actual problem is that we're being told this will "fix combat". But combat is never going to be fixed because paradicks didn't make it priority number 1 during the original game development, everything is just a tweak to make it less shit.

The only true strength Stellaris has is the ability to customize your own game. If you remove customization in a retarded attempt to "fix combat" then you're going to end up with a shitty, mediocre game with no strengths.

paradox is the problem, not bases

none of these things are impossible to balance. paradox is the problem.

This. What other mechanics don't work 100% well can we remove? Sector AI is perfect clearly, Paradox is correct for forcing us to put more worlds into sectors by reducing the core world limit. I love the sector AI.

We should remove players because all attempts at balancing them have failed.

>star trek erpers are still going at it
wew

This is true.
I believe Paradox is trying to standarize certain things to try and make Stellaris into it's own thing, but taking some of what made the game interesting in the first time away.

If they wanted to make an oiginal Sci-fi setting like Endless Space with their OC species then they should, but choosing to simplyfy thing nstead of properly balancing them in an intelligent manner is only gonna take away from the current game they have.

I don't even care about Star Trek tho.

Why are you playing a game about space if you hate it being space-like?

>is only gonna take away from the current game they have.
good, it's shit

I have never, ever watched Star Trek and I don't plan on it because I don't watch series and films in general. I liked warp and wormeholes specifically for spacey, carefree feeling.

But do you still play it?

Why did you buy a game that was advertised as GS games in space if you don't want GS games in space?
Why don't you play DW?

Also once again you're arguing that in order to improve hyperlane-only gameplay (the gameplay you like) the other forms of FTL have to be removed.

How the fuck does that make sense? You can literally improve hyperlane gameplay (and turn off non-hyperlane FTL in the start menu) and it would literally not affect people who want to play with other FTL forms.

Your argument makes no sense and sounds a lot like "stop playing games in ways I don't like".