>build planner
grimtools.com/calc

>item db
grimtools.com/db

>wikis
grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Grim_Dawn_Wiki
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>updated resist reduction doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vw7I9fTSqtx9s3a4WVvkgiOGZ7leM81n1H1RrwrOzLc/edit#gid=0

>mods
www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/
www.moddb.com/games/grim-dawn

>can't launch/black screen
Be sure to install everything (manually) from _CommonRedist folder in game steamapps folder.
If still no go, then in steam library right click game name > additional launch options add /d3d9 (force use of DirectX 9)

>previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/dVbK9pOZ
the-maphack.com/index.php?page=2#1
grimtools.com/calc/D2pJggjZ
grimtools.com/calc/1NX7lqWZ
grimtools.com/calc/DV95nGjV
grimtools.com/calc/62azvoXV
grimtools.com/calc/wV15w0zV
grimtools.com/calc/nZoWXYoZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reposting from previous thread

Gonna make a Drain Essence character. What's a good second class? Shaman seems straightforward enough but it only offers 2 things I want - health and and Devouring Swarm. Arcanist seems to give a lot - Mirror, regen, cast speed and perhaps Devastation but ... is it even worth losing -60% vitality res reduction?

probably arcanist, with more casting speed you can get more hp back and you can still have aether reduction with devotion

Where to get gd figurines?

Recently reached Barrowholm and I feel like I'm underleveled, most enemies are 5-7 levels above me. What's the best way to grind some xp? Bounties maybe?

You'll always be underleveled; that's just how the game is. When you're level 100 most enemies will be at 105~110

I don't really see it working with Arcanist. I think either Shaman or maybe Occultist is a good choice. WIth Shaman you could use the Valguur Set which will give you access to some rare -% Life Leech Resistance which will be invaluable in making the Life Leech actually useful against bosses. Occultist also offers some Resist Reduction and Abyssal Mask seems to be a good choice which will reduce the Energy Cost of Drain Essence and give you some more Resistance Reduction through Bloody Pox. Arcanist could maybe work by converting the Vitality Damage to Aether with Hex Launcher and/or Fleshwarped Tome and then getting a Conduit of Arcane Whispers that gives -% Aether Resistance to OFF, but I don't really see the gear complementing the build that well.

They just made this one for one of the devs. You can't buy any.

grimtools.com/calc/dVbK9pOZ
Might as well repost this Battlemage version for user.
Arcanist is pretty good, keep in mind you can chain mirror with mark of torment, but from what I heard Drain Essence is quite dependant on mythics for its damage, luckily Hex Launcher blueprint is buyable from Coven and Uroburuuk's hat is craftable.

how does a pet build compare to other games in the same genre?

arcanist probably. hex lawnchair is craftable from coven. theres a blue chest that converts vit to aether, so you can pump aether dmg which is great for arcanist.
shaman is ok too but converting aether to vit is harder

don't die general. not yet

reposting from other thread, how do I make a savagery lightning dual wield trickster not a squish ball> Turtle? Behemoth? Wendigo totem?

why not bleeding instead of lightning?
turtle is good at the start but by level 30-40 you won't even see the bubble anymore. pick behemot or chariot since they are better and give you healing

Physical meteor shower is very powerful

Wendigo+loads of DA, I guess.
Maybe get a Haunted Steel, there's elemental daggers from two Coven bosses, you can try to get respectable dagger and use that with steel, since you won't need conversion.

while I probably would take bleed buffs like fox or falcon just because nightblade has a lot of bleed I REALLY want Ultos

Another option is cold savagery if you get Korba set helm (70% lightning on savagery converted to cold).
Also, stick to one damage type, it'll be better in the end.

So, Daila and Dravis' father is Uroboruuk, right?

I haven't finished the AoM portion of their quest, but it seems pretty unlikely that there are TWO ultra powerful wizards that have lived for thousands of years and are loathed by the Arkovians.

you cold go soldier and pick only the defensive skills, demo to boost lightning or maybe arcanist and use the relic that enables dw

turtle is actually pretty good for da and hp giving you 50da and 5% hp

>Bleed Trickster
lol
This is the only solid advice. Take the Korba's Set if you want to play a Trickster. Nightblade is better if you deal Cold/Piercing/Acid Damage.

Patch when

does the slower enemy attack speed from zolhan's technique and spectral wrath stack?
would it be the same with the reduced enemy damage from war cry and olerons blood?

well if I'm going to be auto-ing with savagery wouldn't it make sense to buff bleed/lightning? this cold conversion set sounds cool but obviously I won't have it for a bit

yes and yes

Oh, there's also Myth Brutallax with 100% lightning to pierce conversion on savagery.
>Shaman is better if you deal Bleed/Vit damage
Bleeding Trickster problem is that Warder and rager set exist.
The hat is enough to get conversion, still depends on it.
Also, savagery has a sizeable weapon percentage (further amplified by charge level), so just because it deals bleed/lightning, doesn't mean you can't use it for weapon damage.

The damage still scales mostly off your weapon damage at least when you're a few level higher. Ignore the Bleeding component entirely. Just level with weapons and components with cold conversion and take gear that either boosts cold damage or elemental damage in general to also boost that bit of lightning damage that you deal. Savagery is not a good skill to level anyway. I would recommend leveling with Amarasta's Blade Burst and using Savagery and the weapon procs to complement it. ABB is still useful later for the buff. You want both Wind Devils and Night's Chill to reduce the enemies' Cold Resistance.
Yeah. and? Nightblade does pretty much nothing for Bleeding Damage. He would be better off just playing a Warder or Conjurer then.

>tfw no loadscreen girl figurine
just end it all

>No aetherial gf

How do you get that other you quest from the coven? I'm honored with them, but no dice.

>no chthonian qts at all

What about that qt you rescue from fringes of sanity?

Where does she go; I never checked afterwards

the little girl in the cave

I don't know either ;_;

Revered and finish Malmouth I think

>rescue
If you kill her you get Black Legion rep

>300 hours ingame and just find out I can use a component AND and augment on the same piece of gear
This makes things a hundred times easier

does bleed warder use Blade Arc ? I have a sword / shield lightning warder that I got bored with, and I found a pretty great epic 2h for blade arc so I might respec.

also what dmg type does blademaster usually focuses on ? bleed, pure physical ?

I might either make one or continue with my respec'd warder, but I just hate using cadence for everything. I know how good it is but its still the most boring skill in the game imho.

Yeah, stack damage with savagery then use blade arc with the transmuter. You'll need feral hunger too and probably Rend in the devotions.

oh my god

I want to fuck that sacc of meat

I wonder if that scrotum is squishy, I just want to squeeze it but just as a joke haha

anyone using item assistant. most of my items are listed under 'unknown item' , if i do the auto-update on fresh install the app crashes when i click on the database/mods tab because it can't find the /config/config.vdf file. at a loss here. also is there a list of what items nemesis mobs use, fabius in particular

Do you have the DLC

i do, aom and crucible

I want to do a cold build, do I do nightblade/necromancer or arcanist/inquisitor?

Why not soldier/necro

reaper is better

because necro has little raw cold damage or boost and soldier has literally none other than an elemental conversion for cadence

nightblade/arcanist 2bh

nobody posts the most usefull link

the-maphack.com/index.php?page=2#1

lack of gear

there is also some legendary set for cold ignaffar so you can go nightblade inquisitor, if you don't have it reaper is good too

Druid

ugh, even arcanist/inquisitor has better cold synergy

Because there doesn't seem enough cold damage to satisfy my lust for it and I've played soldier a bunch, but not any of those other classes.
Got it, guess I'll play something with nightblade.

lol, nigger have you even tried a cold ss spellbreaker? cause it really sounds like you haven't and you're just looking at grimtools to measure how good class combos work

Speaking of this, how is a Mage Hunter cold build?

Grabbing Flash Freeze, Sky Shard, Rune of Hagarrad, and maybe some Iskandra's and the cold proc from inquisitor sounds like some dank elemental synergy on paper, but I don't know, is that going too all in on cold?

>ss
yep it sucks

>i have no idea what i'm talking about
kk cool user ;)

>it's a retard-outs-himself episode
oh sweetie

all the build vids ive seen are shit

How do I go about filling out this constellation tree, in which order do I go? I can't seem to figure it out (not my own build). Do I have to take any temporary passives and if so which?

grimtools.com/calc/D2pJggjZ

Pls halp.

i'm not sure what you're on about. What exactly is the problem you're having?

Don't worry user took me 50 hours to figure that out, I felt blessed and retarded at the same time.

I can't seem to get to Kraken without getting a useless temporary like Imp and I can't remove it before I've filled out Behemoth. I was wondering if there is a better way to do it.

fill out oleron last? you just need imp as a filler to fill out both behemoth and kraken, once they're filled out just remove the points from imp and put them in oleron again

Right. I was hoping to switch out Manticore for Chariot but it seems I'm short one point of filling out Oleron, since I need to get a yellow crossroad to enable it...

don't need to fill out chariot fully, just ignore the 16% vitality res node on it

how many secret quest are in the game? Is there a list somewhere? I alredy know about some but i wanted to check if i missed any

If I have flat elemental damage and say 10% cold, will the 1/3 of the flat elemental damage that's cold be buffed by 10%?

Anything possible with Nightblade/Inquistor? Last 2 classes I haven't touched

>be cabalist
I don't need this much vit res ffs game

yes the cold part of the elemental damage will be buffed by cold buffs

Yeah I think I have it figured out. Not the smoothest path to the endresult but it'll have to do

I'm the krieg user from last thread, came up with this
grimtools.com/calc/1NX7lqWZ
also, while I don't exactly know battlemage well, I know soldier, and just as a suggestion, I would drop points out of Menhir's Will and Fighting Spirit, Fighting Spirit doesn't scale that well to justify dumping that many points. Use those points to fill out Field Command and Squad Tactics, you'll likely see a damage and survivability increase if you do this:
grimtools.com/calc/DV95nGjV

is soldier+nightblade decent ? I realize the damage will be there but how is survivability?
I want to be an edgemaster without going necro.

Mageslayer Set supports Nightblade/Inquisitor/Arcanist, but I would probably just pick the Amulet for that particular combination and make an Elemental Build around it if you don't like the skills that get boosted by the rest of the Set. Anything focussing on Pierce or Elemental (Cold) Damage should work well as they both have Resistance Reduction for it.

>how is the survivability on a class with soldier
Shit user, I don't know, how IS it?

I put 1 pt into all of your skill survivability options, not counting gear or devotions:
grimtools.com/calc/62azvoXV

>grimtools.com/calc/62azvoXV
>shield training
>menhirs will
>menhirs bulwark

>nightblade

are you fucking kidding me

I gave him options, didn't say that he had to take him.

This is pretty neat, thanks

I wanted to chime in on that discussion I saw with the Krieg set in the last thread, but I wasn't home and someone must have shitposted hard on my phone's network because it's IP banned from Veeky Forums.

grimtools.com/calc/wV15w0zV

This is what I use to farm Gladiator Crucible. I still need mythical upgrades for Band of the Eternal Haunt and Peerless Eye but it's functional without them. I don't really think Cadence is worth it when the skill mods on the Krieg set give so much to Blitz. What you essentially have is a playstyle similar to a SS Spellbreaker that does less damage in exchange for being effectively immortal with hilarious uptime on Overguard/Mirror.

Veterency is... technically survivability.
You could probably legitimately go shield and full tank on soldier/nightblade.

Don't really know what to do with the devotions on this one, help would be appreciated.
grimtools.com/calc/nZoWXYoZ

veterancy is shit, and we both know it.
I personally like Cadence, just a personal preference, and I think it's worth it to activate the procs I have on my various pieces of gear like Aether Smash, Annhiliation, Cleaving Axe, etc. Not to mention I'm getting a total of 48% Phys to Aether conversion from the Mindwarp and Will of the Living. Plus Deadly Momentum affecting everything and getting converted to Aether is really nice too.

first thing I noticed, you're going to be squishy as shit, you're gonna get gear bonuses to boost some of those skills anyways, so you need to fill out that mastery bar on NB

time dilation on war cry works for you? i personally want war cry up as much as possible and that would kinda screw with chaining mirror and overguard since you want time dilation to activate after you've used them. i have mine bound to kriegs wrath instead on my DK

What is the patrician skill to bind to time dilation?

cadence ;)

I'm thinking of making a 2H ranged Commando. Do Blast Shield + Menhir's Will make a good pair of circuit breakers? Any other tips for survivability?

Doom Bolt or Storm Totem

I use Krieg's Wrath far more than War Cry since it has %weapon damage and therefore is great for sustain with ADCtH in large packs (i.e. Crucible). For large packs of heroes/threatening bosses I'll be casting War Cry anyway to double-cast Blitz/Krieg's Wrath so it all works out.

Is a 2h melee physical build viable?
I just want to be a big dude smacking people with a sword.

That or a DW bleed build

weapon switch and 1 point in blitz could get you out of trouble fast, maybe

yes