Roman was citizenship not nationality

Roman was citizenship not nationality.

Get it right.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severan_Tondo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Different jaw, different nose, different lips, differend brows, different cheeckbones...are you serious?

nobody is saying that Caracalla was a time-traveling Ice Cube

Why are so many people saying he was the first black emperor then?

Nah, people had Roman passports and foreigners had slave visas.

Are you saying there were no niggers in Rome?

pic related is pic related

pic is blks

Of course not.

It was all Nordics.

Romans were 0% nordic.

Next thing you'll tell me Jesus wasn't blond.

pic related son of ceasar

European Medeterraneans of the past were different to todays populations but that doesn't mean they were nordic.

and thats why they made the best art

Because he was of north african (paternal grandpa was of punic or berber origins) descent and ignoramuses think anything african = the niggest of niggers.

Nah that was septimius severus, only he didn't look very black in most statues because they were all intentionally made to look like Marcus Aurelius as much as possible for political reasons

Romans were mutts even from the beginning

A berber/syria mix would look nowhere as dark as the sub-saharan african on the top right

What a handsome man.

I'm in love with roman statues, how the fuck did they make them like that...

>Romans were mutts even from the beginning

Indeed, even their foundation myths are about different peoples joining together.

>What a handsome man

Guy looks like a tard.

I just realized how similar his statues look to those of Marcus Aurelius.

the again look at those fucking curls

Their foundation myths are about two different italic tribes originarily living within spitting distance coming together. Hardly interractial miscegenation.

semites don't have straight hair.

>only he didn't look very black in most statues because they were all intentionally made to look like Marcus Aurelius
No, he didn't look black because a half roman half punic guy is just not black.

italians = straight hair
semites = curly hair

now some statues that were a little older, you can see how his entire skull changed shape between them
When he rose to power he declared himself son of Marcus Aurelius and brother of Commodus
really?
most of these guys have pretty straight hair
and I don't think they have hair relaxers in syria

>European Medeterraneans of the past were different to todays populations
Too bad science disagrees with you. The last significant gene pool change in southern europe happened during the indoeuropean migration.

>Pre Arabic expansion Syrians looked like post Arabic expansion Syrians
I guess Veeky Forums truly is lefty /pol/

>1948941
why wouldn't they?
converting to a religion doesn't change anything.

syrians aren't arabs, pic related are arabs.

>really?
Are you trolling? Curly hair don't make you black. I know plenty of natural blondies with naturally curly hair.
>most of these guys have pretty straight hair
You can literally see a few guys with hair like that in the pic you linked. Most others don't have hair nearly long enough to show curls like the one in the bust you posted.
>and I don't think they have hair relaxers in syria
Yes they have. Syria is a shithole, but it's not stone age. Not that it matters.

Mixing with peninsular arabs changes a lot

either way, syrians are not arabs.

palestinians aren't arabs either, they are canaanites.

Sure thing bud and American blacks aren't africans either they are anglo diaspora.

Those are Bedouins. There's more than one type of Arab just as there's more than one type of Slav.

Bedouin is arab the rest are different peoples.

Guys that's pointless either way, this is how most african romans looked in the 1st and 2nd century
There's literally dozens of examples like this, and consider they were all mixed with greek or italian colonists

African roman means fuck all because African during that time can mean Arab, Sub-saharan and so on.

>He believes in the rape babby myth

Roman was initially about nationality. That's why poets like Juvenal could rant about foreigners in Rome. Then it became about citizenship, and immediately collapsed.

If you were a bedouin quartered in a Syrian city, you would not rape the urbanized local women?

Roman was always about citizenship.
In Juvenal's times only italics and the provincial bureaucratic elites had the citizenship.
Then that cunt Caracalla simply extended it to fucking everybody living within the border and things went south.

>ITT: WE

I'm not saying that rape never happened, I'm saying that it wasn't enough to significantly shift the majority of the population. Invading forces, especially nomads, have very small populations in comparison to the place they invade. It's the reason why people living in Turkey are much closer to people living the the Caucuses despite having been "raped" by Seljuq invaders. It's also the reason why Russians are still closer to Anglos than they are Mongols despite being "raped" by them too. It's a pure numbers game, and as time progresses the amount of raping vastly decreases from the time of invasion as the invading force attempts to stabilize the whole area. About the only times where "rape babbies" was actually true was in central Asia where it was low population people supplanting other low population people, America where disease wiped out most of the original population, and in slave castes.

this

why are there so many deluded niggers that come on Veeky Forums
go to realhistorywww or the streets to preach about how yous da reel israelites n sheeit lost tribe nigga

Funny how /pol/tards only believe the rapebabby myth when it darkens the locals, and never the other way around. Cucks much?

Almost every black we wuzzer here is a troll. /pol/ does worse we wuzzing on Veeky Forums than the "black israelites" do, because those guys don't go on Veeky Forums in the first place.

Because when it is the other way around, it's not rape, but pure love.

I always chuckle at the old woman looking at the sky with her hands out like she's thinking "Praise white god".

That black looks nothing like the statue user

am I lying?

We already know the roman empire was a degenerate piece of shit.

>am I lying?
No, I'm sure you're convinced the bullshit you're saying is true, but that doesn't make it so.
Because for the most part raping the locals was not a tolerated activity if you were garrisoning (as opposed to sacking) a city. Which doesn't mean it didn't happen, but certainly not to gene pool altering levels, and not without consequences.
Regardless, you can rape, but that doesn't guarantee insemination. And insemination doesn't guarantee that the kid is actually born rather than pissed out in a pool of blood, or thrown into a river as soon as he was born.

Besides, you must admit it's funny how you always see this argument to make southern euros and levantines "blacker", rather than use the same argument to make them "whiter" by virtue of much more frequent and recent germanic or turkish respectively subjugation.

>Almost every black we wuzzer here is a troll.
It's called ironic shilling or false flagging

trolling is so last decade

you missed the joke there fella

ok, this guy was def a nigger

Then who were the original Romans?

Were they all white?

I always assumed that Romans were a mixed bunch and you could find all sorts of people there. It wasn't just one race.

>Then who were the original Romans?
A coalition of tiberine latin villagers that consolidated into a city and gradually expanded outward.
>Were they all white?
Define 'white'. They weren't nordicks, if that's what you're asking.

>Define 'white'. They weren't nordicks, if that's what you're asking.
nigger claiming rome wuz black detected

>the world is divided between nordicks and niggers
Stormturd, you have to go back.

black historian detected

Well, I'm not nordick, so by your reckoning I'm certainly black. But then chances are so are you, and in denial of the fact.

i am nordic, unlike you, afro-centrist sjw

>i am nordic
Prove it, you cucked wannabe.

she looks really beautiful

>cucked
projection

they were tanned white, not fucking solar beams, the temperatures in rome was high back then and therefore the skin changed, the romans werent """white""" until they let the germanics into their ranks and eventually were given passes to the city of rome. this marked the end of the true roman empire, let animal germanics into your ranks.

>american mutt claiming to be something he isn't
Literally the meme definition of cucked.

Source on that that fanfic?

Agreed. But that doesn't mean dysgenics couldn't have played a role of deterioration.

That man is not Italian. Too good English.

The first Germanic tribesmen to serve with the Romans would have been tribal allies under the Roman system of 'Client Kings'.
Basically, whenever two local rulers had a dispute, or two rivals claimed the same title, Rome would back one of them... if he agreed to become a 'Client' of Rome. This would involve him letting Roman traders onto his territory, sending members of his family to Rome as 'guests' (hostages!) to be raised pro-Roman, and sending his men to fight alongside the Roman forces in his region.

The next step for Germanic soldiers in the Roman Army would be to join an auxiliary Legion.
The Auxilia were organized, trained and equipped along the same lines as the regular legions, but membership was open to non-Romans.
The Germanic nations were considered excellent recruiting material for the Auxilia.
One thing to bear in mind is that if an auxiliary legion was raised in one particular area - it was always stationed elsewhere.
The Romans weren't going to arm, fund and train a legion only to station it in the legionary's home country, where they could get involved in tribal wars or start a rebellion.
One legion of Germanic auxilia, for example, found itself stationed on Hadrian's wall, along with a Legion from Roman North Africa.

Why do people always make this point with Caracalla and not his little brother?

>

For a while, beginning with the Emperor Augustus, German troops from the Batavian region were recruited as the Emperor's personal bodyguard.
Augustus thought the Praetorian guard, who were the traditional guardians of Rome, had become too involved in politics and power-struggles to be depended on.
The German guard did indeed prove loyal to the Emperors, but that loyalty would cost them. The unit stayed loyal to the Emperor Nero when he was overthrown by Galba. The new Emperor disbanded the German Guard.

In 212CE, the Emperor Caracalla declared that all free men in the Roman Empire would be considered full Roman Citizens.
From that date on, Germanic people living in Roman-ruled areas would be eligible to join the regular Legions, like any other Roman.

In the later Western Roman Empire, there were two developments which would change the way german troops served in Roman armies.

Firstly, there was the mass migration and settlement of the Western Goths - the Visigoths - into Roman territory.
They had been pushed west by the Eastern Goths, or Ostrogoths, who had themselves been pushed west by the invading Huns.
Rome at this stage lacked the strength and resources to fight off such a mass movement of people.
It was decided to let the Visigoths settle on the fringes of the Roman Empire, and use them as a buffer between Rome and the 'real' barbarians.
The armies of the Visigoths became formal allies of Rome - Foederati, or Federated nations, and served alongside Roman units.
Most of the 'Roman' armies in the West from this point on were actually Romano/Gothic forces.

The second development was the reorganization of the army.
The later Western Roman Empire was not conquering new territories. it did not have the flow of loot which had enabled it to field the enormously expensive Roman Legions.

It was decided to split the army into two forces - the Comitatenses, and the Limitanei.

The Comitatenses were the mobile field armies. Smaller than the traditional Legions, but still composed of professional troops, and well-equipped. These would function as a mobile response force, going where they were needed.

The Limitanei were basically garrison forces. They were permanently stationed in border regions, and were meant to defend the area until the Comitatenses could get there. They were recruited from local men.
But by that time, much of the population of the Western Empire's frontier region was actually German. So across most of Europe, the Limitanei was composed almost entirely of Romano-German soldiers.
Source(s):
"The Roman Army" by Chris McNab

"Rome & Her Enemies" by Jane Penrose

>Their foundation myths are about two different italic tribes originarily living within spitting distance coming together. Hardly interractial miscegenation.

So many things wrong with this post, but I'll start by pointing out that Troy is not in Italy.

>dysgenics
Seriously? Have we come to the point where a cultural powerhouse like Italy is actually a genetic deterioration just because it's not a military hyperpower?
What's wrong with you people. Do you also think that the english and french gene pool deteriorated since losing their empire?

I actually am Italian. Does it really surprise you? Italians here on Veeky Forums tend to write pretty good english.
Good enough to be indistinguishable from the rest of the community anyway.

>the Aeneid is Rome's foundation myth
The troian connection was added centuries after the myth of Romolus and Remus.

>Troy
Even you consider the Aeneid connection to the greeks (and you shouldn't, it's a later addition), the story is still about the greatgrandkid of a trojan getting raped by Mars and gathering a gang of latins and then sabines (who literally lived a few kms upriver, hardly a whole different race) to found a city.

>The troian connection was added centuries after the myth of Romolus and Remus.

So?

The Aeneid states that Trojans came from Italy. After the destruction of Troy, they are going BACK to Italy.

Of course it's horse shit, though.

>making a generalization of a empire that lasted hundreds of years

Roman started out as a nationality and could still be considered one when its citizenship only extended to latins. However it eventually became meaningless, especially after Caracalla.

You've probably never seen North Africans then.I see many of them every day and some have hair like that.

Pic related

t. Dutchfag

Snow ape pls, do your own research smdh

>My dad is Spanish my mom is Italian
>I look indistinguishable from every other white guy
>Veeky Forums acts like southern Europeans are literal negroes

>that thing
>not black
you nordcucks try to redefine race all the time don't you

You need to read more Virgil. The Aeneads were the progenitors of the Latins while Romulus was the progenitor of the Romans.

t. Tyrone Rodriguez, white american.

What are you trying to imply here?

So it's not the original founding myth, just a later version of it.

what century is this from?

Most Italian, Spanish and Greek people are know are so much darker than the regular white people.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severan_Tondo

You wouldnt be able to tell me apart from an anglo.

drawing men darker than women is a recurring motif in historical art. Women were supposed to stay inside and keep their fair skin from being ruined by the sun.

Post a picture. You can crop it so it doesn't reveal too much famalan.

Maybe if you only define "regular white people" as the pastiest of anglos.