/nepgen/ - Neptunia General #1326

Cute Neppy Edition

Last Thread: Hyperdimension Neptunia Downloads (Skins, Artbooks, Manga, Guides, Soundtracks, etc.):
pastebin.com/nrdEiT00

What is going on? Get hyped: siliconera.com/2017/11/07/new-neptunia-project-works-will-surpass-expectations-1000/
4GO Steam page up: store.steampowered.com/app/632350

Iffy announces the 4GO art contest winners: ideafintl.com/cyberdimension/4go/community/?page=15&15=1

Nep-Nep's VII-rtual Reality News:
VIIR localization coming Spring 2018: gematsu.com/2017/10/megadimension-neptunia-viir-coming-west-spring-2018
Patch 1.06 released for VIIR, adds new VR scenes as well as some bonus content and balance fixes: compileheart.com/neptune/v2r/info/update.php
VIIR English website: ideafintl.com/nep-v2r/
Translated Drama CDs and VR scenes for VIIR can be found here: youtube.com/user/AliasV3/videos

Some posters in this thread have a tendency to derail it by starting off-topic waifu/yuri wars. Report and ignore such individuals.

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2017/11/07/new-neptunia-project-works-will-surpass-expectations-1000/
youtu.be/1RF2-X3Kd3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it ok to post now ?

Yes, ignore the whining autist.

Double threads?

Vert is best goddess.

The others are good , too.

Neppy is cute. CUTE!

I meant I was actually expecting Ganondorf for once. That made me think though. What if someone posts on a Zelda thread saying "Ganondorf is the best" or something while using Vert?

You want us to ignore you?

Evidently yes.

>replying to yourself
pathetic

>Everyone I don't like is the same person

Pathetic.

Fine, let's ignore the autist together, my dear friend, and have a golly talk until that stupid double thread dies.
So, how did you got into Neptunia?

piracy

I really, really like this picture of Ploot.

snoopdog tweet

That's a very cute picture of plutie.

I like this one.

Real life Compa plushies when?

Ok i just hope this thread wont get deleted.
I love plut the cute !

We'll be fine. Meanwhile, the autist keeps bumping the other thread to keep it alive.

A kinda-tribute sketch to that user who makes those malfunctioning Neps edits that I fap to most nights.

Can't resist getting hard while drawing this.

Thanks... I guess

no wonder cwc came here

enough of the web celebrity crap, please.

i would tell you go to ic but ic is trash nowdays

I love Nepgear!

After seeing a lot of threads about it on /v/, I caved in and bought RB1 on PSN__. Loved and bought the other 2 and finished them back-to-back then played though them a second time (along with SeHa). This wasn't a good idea in hindsight since by the time I got a PS4 and V-II, I was burnt out and it took me a good while to finish it.

I love Gearnon!

I gotta say. Them Compas are thicc.

Love me instead!

Cute Nepgear, my goddess!

>What is going on? Get hyped: siliconera.com/2017/11/07/new-neptunia-project-works-will-surpass-expectations-1000/
Couldn't even fix the OP, huh?

New mainline game!?? Compa please! I need this in the worst kind of way

>its nep U2

Don't even joke about that shit

I like Nep

Neptunia Hoops 3-on-3 confirmed

I don't think it could be anything else. 4go, Connect and V-IIR all came out this year with the first one getting localized last month and the last one seeing a stateside release this coming Spring

Nepping Big Nep!

Why is she so perfect, lads?

Because Big Nep is for nepping!

Double paizuri from Big Nep and Marvy!

I hope big nep comes back for the new mainline game they're making

I would love this

>it will surpass everyone’s expectations by 1,000%. Your expectations won’t be betrayed!
But I'm not even sure what to expect.

I'd play it.

expect both happiness and sadness so either way you won't betrayed

What if the game is sorta enjoyable but not memorable and doesn't really make me feel anything?

What are you guys even worrying about? Neptunia games have been getting better with each installment. VII was far and away the best mainline game, and 4go was far and away the best spinoff. If CH says the newest game will surpass my expectations, then I believe them. I'm fucking hyped.

not the rebirth

Unless you're a delusional yurishitter, VIIR was fine. And VIIR doesn't matter anyways because it's just a remake. This is a brand new game.

>VIIR was fine
citation needed, pleb

>Unless you're a delusional yurishitter
check the op where do you think you are

>check the op where do you think you are
A waifu general, AKA a place you don't belong in, yurishitter.

youtu.be/1RF2-X3Kd3s

This is Rom

look at that waifufag, everyone
look at how retarded it is

these are the people who stole our general without any provocation and kicked us out

It's time for you to return to your containment board now, user.

So that's what passes for yurishitters nowadays, huh?

>everoyne i dont like is a yurifag
sure thing buddy

Yurishitter, not yurifag. Not that I'd expect your small mind to grasp the difference.

>these are the people who stole our general without any provocation and kicked us out
>I'm not a yurifag, I swear

This 2bh

having to samefag to save face
sad!!!

Well, that's the biggest problem for me. Most people liked VII best, so it would make sense for CH to go more into that direction. But personally I considered VII to be disappointing and I strongly prefer the Re;Birth games (particularly R;B3, which gets a lot of hate in here). So they're likely going to meet/surpass/cater to the expectations of VII fans, which may leave me disappointed. It's impossible to please everyone, unfortunately.

Will you guys shut the fuck up already? The thread has just started, we don't need you to shit it up already.

>everyone I don't like is the same person
Sure thing buddy

I'm not sure I understand how you could like V but not VII. What exactly was so different about them that made one disappointing?

>I can't say anything, so I'm just going break out the samefag accusations.
Yurishitters, not even once.

fuck off wifefag

Thinking about it, i guess VII was darker? it forced people to play characters they maybe don´t like?

I for one enjoyed VII WAY much more than V

>liking waifufag bait
sad!

>it forced people to play characters they maybe don´t like?
eh, this is something I tend to enjoy in RPGs. Personally, I hate games with tons of characters that never force you to use them. Given the choice, I will always use only my favorites, which some people like I guess. To me, it just feels empty. If there are going to be a million characters, I'd rather be forced to use them all from time to time. It's one of the reasons why I loved Trails of Cold Steel 3 so much, there were TONS of characters, but you had to use certain ones at certain points, and there were dungeons that forced you to split them up into multiple parties that you had to use to get through.

I guess some people aren't into that, though.

>i like linear games with no freedom whastoever

Sure, why not? If I wanted freedom, I'd make my own game, or write a book or something. I play games to enjoy the product the devs and writers made, not to make my own shit. Why would I need freedom to do that?

Just make a great game for me to enjoy and let me experience it the way you meant it to be played.

I'm from the M, I crooked letter 2x I crooked letter 2x I humpback 2x I
Make em all diiieeeeee

everyday we stray further and further away from god light

> I play games to enjoy the product the devs and writers made, not to make my own shit.

Same here, in fact in the other nep games i would always change my party around to make it fit the story at the moment "Oh i am going after Badd? i will make Blanc my party leader"

I feel it would absolutely break the immersion if i defeat a boss with Marvy/MAGES./Tekken/.5pb but the scene just shows the CPUs celebrating.

What a really shitty thread.

Janny, delete it. Let us start anew, without the spammers, the yurishitters, the retards, and the other one.

pretty much why I'm not a fan of the makers at all except for lil' falcom. They all feel like pointless fluff. I guess if your favorite girl is a maker then I could see why you would like them, but generally. Neptunia doesn't handle their non-essential characters very well. VII was a bit of an improvement in that regard, but even then i felt like the Sha's were unnecessary and it might have been better if they weren't playable at all.

Fuck off nepfag.

that's how nepgen has been since the pc ports, it's just business as usual

While that is true, it is a pain since the game continually resets your equipment.

blame waifufgas
if they cant have a thrad, they spam autist picture

Post your beloved goddess.

I liked the Shas better because they had way more screen time than the makers, they were involved in the story.

>What exactly was so different about them that made one disappointing?
I feel that VII bit off more than it could chew. It tried to do tons of new stuff and change tons of existing stuff, and while the ideas sounded good on paper (I was like 'whoa, this is awesome' when I first saw the character select - the part I ended up hating the most) many of them just weren't executed well or were just unfun in some way or another. In contrast, Re;Birth3 (dunno how the original V compares to it) tried to be a much simpler game and doing so nailed most of its gameplay aspects (almost certainly because it did mostly the same stuff in its predecessors, so R;B3 had the culmination of the previous iterations of its systems).

Some examples of theoretically good ideas that ended up being unfun in VII:

* The character arcs in Hyperdimension Arc. While I love parallel stories in general and I loved the idea of each CPU getting their own little story, your progress was RESET EVERY SINGLE ARC making your efforts feel wasted (in particular any additional stuff you did outside of just following the story; in Re;Birth3 I just did all the side things as they became available just for fun and just stumbled into the true ending without ever using any guide). It particularly felt like a slap in the face after I did a bunch of optional stuff in Neptune's arc because the game never told me in advance that it'd become inaccessible until much later (making, for example, my efforts to get more credits completely useless because you'll lose the stuff and much later reunite and have plenty of credits at that time anyways).

(continued)

* Related to this, doing optional stuff outside of the main storyline felt unrewarding in general. In the Re;Birth games you had a bunch of plans you could always look at (oh hey, this item would be useful, if I kill some more of this monster I can craft it) and every area provided interesting new plans or items. In VII the optional areas felt useless to me and there never was anything interesting to craft with items I could actually obtain. (Maybe there was some roundabout way to get some of the materials if I looked up everything in guides, but there wasn't really much that was even worth the effort.) Progress was also often arbitrarily gated behind story progress (objects that can't be destroyed until later on etc) and the challenge rewards were usually mediocre to terrible (plus challenges ranged from too easy to complete bullshit (surprise attack 10 enemies in a row without missing and without even being seen, destroy X objects (which you can't destroy yet because you lack the required item)).

* The combo system with the bonuses depending on previous moves was a nice idea on paper, but in practice it means you're always performing the same combo string over and over again because other options were rarely viable; you had to configure this string beforehand and performing different strings than your ideal pre-set ones was never tactically viable in battle. Even more of a waste was how this was linked to your weapon, which could have been executed well (choosing your weapon based on your preferred combo should add tactical depth, right?) in practice it just made many weapon upgrades useless (my endgame Nepgear was still using a weapon obtained in Zero Dimension arc because the attack boost was never as good as the five Rush slots the earlier weapon gave).

* The story tried to be big and epic with lots of buildup but did not deliver enough to warrant the buildup, making parts of the story feel useless. Again, Hyperdimension Arc - from a story perspective, what was the point of any of it? The C-Sha's ended up being irrelevant to the epic story they were trying to tell, and the theft of the Basilicom items definitely didn't warrant that much story time. VII tries to be a worlds-spanning epic about saving the world from destruction, but at the same time can't shake its roots as a more personal character-focused story. The C-Sha's motivations as villains were mediocre, harming their story arcs. In contrast, R;B3 was a completely character-focused story, focusing first on Neptune, Plutia and Noire's adventures, then the relatively new CPUs ruling over their nations, then their struggles as another nation became dominant over them, meanwhile constantly throughout telling the story of the seven villains all trying to accomplish their own goals but being unable to work together, eventually falling apart due to internal dissent.

Those are some of the things that bothered me about VII. It tries too much but doesn't accomplish it well enough. In the previous thread I've rejected the notion that Neptunia as a JRPG just "doesn't measure up" to other JRPGs; it's my honest opinion that R;B3 is better than most other JRPGs. It doesn't try to be as big, epic or complicated as many other JRPGs and just excels at what it does do. VII tries to be more like other JRPGs, and as a result it's not as good as its competitors at what it tries to do.

Does the religion in Hyperdimension Neptunia have a name?

Or at least, a name for worshipping Purple Heart sama?

>The C-Sha's motivations as villains were mediocre, harming their story arcs.
The Gold Third were all manipulated and set into place to destabilize everything on purpose. Of course their own motivations seem flimsy, they were tricked into fighting the CPUs and then stuck in positions they barely wanted or were capable of holding competently.

I don't think so. People generally identify their faith through national citizenship - lady Purple Heart's followers are citizens of the great nation of Planeptune, for example

I see.

I actually wanted to write it on the Census, but this makes it more tricky.

Yeah, it would be nice if I could express my faith in just one word as well, but I don't recall seeing anything like that in the games.

Planeptunian would work.

I don't mind being forced to use characters at all. What I did mind is that you lost all of your progress every time it happened in Hyperdimension arc, and in general that you had to do lots of setup again whenever a character left or joined, making character changes very tedious.

Freedom and linearity can both be good in their own ways. However, as a general rule, the more gameplay effort there is, the more freedom I want in a game. Having to do tons of gameplay but never getting any freedom in how to play the game can be frustrating; if it's about story, just give me a visual novel instead of forcing me to do arbitrary stuff I have barely any say in. In Neptunia, I don't mind being forced to use certain characters at certain points (and in fact, I think having to use certain characters for certain battles was a plus in VII, though a bit iffy when combined with the 'only gain exp when in party' element as it could out of nowhere force you to use a thoroughly unprepared character, which is just bad design), but I did mind suddenly losing access to places I was able to travel to before. What is the point of denying me that? (Travel in VII was terrible in general, though; Re;Birth1-3 just let you pick a dungeon you want to visit, VII has you sit through a long, boring walking animation that gets interrupted every couple steps by a completely meaningless random encounter, after which you have to move the cursor all the way back to the destination again to take a couple more steps before repeating this.)

Linearity also increases my expectations of the gameplay design; if I walk into an area my party setup is unprepared for that's entirely my own fault and I should set up a better party. If you take away all of my characters except one and leave me with barely any tactical choices and sic monsters that have a terrible effort-reward ratio for a one-man party on me (especially when lacking certain tactical necessities like area attacks) then I will totally blame the game for that. (I hate how the Noire/Uni combo was very limited tactically and how Blanc was suddenly hard mode until you got Rom & Ram which completely blow everything away.)

That's a valid in-universe excuse, but not a valid storytelling excuse. "They did it because they were brainwashed" is a very lame motivation, particularly when there ends up being no proper motive for the brainwashing (Kurome basically did it just for the hell of it).

What are you hoping to see in the new game? Personally I want a great story and lots of nepnep being cute.

Oh, and BIG NEP PLEASE

Pretty much the things you mentioned. Nepnep is my panacea.

>Kurome basically did it just for the hell of it
What? The Gold Towers were used as a beacon for her plan, so causing a situation where they'd be forced to appear was in her favor.

Good taste

>VII has you sit through a long, boring walking animation that gets interrupted every couple steps by a completely meaningless random encounter
I liked it other than the random encounters.

These shares are so impure even ASIC didn't want them.

Planeptunianity?

I'm dating Nepgear right now, and jesus christ is the bitch clingy. She sends me messages every hour or so that I'm at work asking how I'm doing, telling me about something that happened to her, etc. If I don't answer within 20 minutes or so, she gives me the text equivalent of puppy dog eyes and says "Sorry for bothering you..." I'm thinking of kicking the bitch to the curb soon.