/cwg/ Classic WoW General

>What is this?
Blizzard announced legacy servers, as we wanted them, at Blizzcon 2017.

>Where can I learn more?
There's not much info out right now, other than development has started - and that it'll stay true to the original experience.

Plausible Tom Chilton conspiracy below:
>After working on World of Warcraft from its alpha in 2004 to the release of Legion, in late 2016 Chilton announced that he would be leaving the team to "[focus] on another project within the company".
note: Blizzard said only one person was working on this until announcement so don't expect quick release

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SLfELz-rzJs&t=9m58s
youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w
hooktube.com/LOxtnkfqssk?t=652
streamable.com/mquub
streamable.com/ybhrl
streamable.com/hvzj4
streamable.com/iknlu
streamable.com/dln2u
streamable.com/0u8g7
streamable.com/op4eg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bring back Rob Pardo

I wonder, should Blizz add an option to allow updated models (player races and mobs, like bears etc) in classic, or keep it strictly classic?

Was it autism?

I wonder, should Blizz add an option to find party members for dungeons cross-server, or keep it strictly classic?

Maybe give an option to choose to boot with classic, or updated models

Regardless people WILL make a backport of the WoD models for the Classic client just like they do for private servers

should be gorillawarfare.png

if they try to change the game at all I will not be playing on these servers
I want vanilla wow to be restored in all of it's former glory so that everyone can witness how shitty it really is and forever laugh at nostalgiacucks

>raiding with ret palading who doesn't understand his class purpose and won't respec because he's a jerk
10/10 description

I wonder, should blizzard add new quests, reputation grinds, expand upon factions like timbermaw and others, and add raids to vanilla, while staying true to classic wow

clearcasting abuse is a private server meme, it even got fixed on Elysium. then again 200% runspeed dwarves in BRD is a private server meme too.

World of Warcraft Classic!

tfw based blizzard adds a massive timbermaw raid in azshara

welcome home, anime!

>Maybe give an option to choose to boot with classic, or updated models
That would be neat.
>I wonder, should blizzard add new quests, reputation grinds, expand upon factions like timbermaw and others, and add raids to vanilla, while staying true to classic wow
They won't do that.

damn what the hell is wrong with retailfags

excess please marry me!

Is there any pvp endgame in vanilla? or Is it only full autismo pve for the only chance of gear? I want to casually progress my character while doing pvp

OSRS does it, I think that new CONTENT won't change the feel of vanilla WoW

coming soon
>hierlooms :)
>DLC rAIDS
>transmog
>lootbox chests
>barber shop
>selfie mode
>normies
>balanced specs
>lvl 20 mountz
>LF dungeon
>raidfinder
>nu-models
>normies
>girl gamers
>wrath babbies
>cata babbies
>legion babbies
>wod babbies
>mop babbies
>flying mounts
>wow tokens
>pets
>pet battles
>pet selfies
>dailies
>gear tokens
>custom tabards
>battle.net friendz
>wide sweeping patches that change the entire game but keep normies interested and playing for another month
>sjw shit
>feminist shit
>customizable EXP rates
>chat moderators that are easily triggered
>GMs who are taught the customer is always right
>bans and mutes for offensive language
>gear score
>refer a friend
>Res scroll
>insta-boost
>casual raids
>in-game hearthstone in the INNs
>achievements
>achievements that unlock shit in overwatch
>overwatch babbies
>achievements that unlock shit in hots
>hots babbies
>achievements that unlock shit in hearthstone
>hearthstone babbies
>simplified class quests
>streamlined leveling
>nu-talents
please add to this list as you see fit

There's usually some really fun world pvp while you are out and about farming, but that won't get you any ebin pvp gear.
To get the ebin pvp gear you'll have to grind out bgs for many many hours.
pretending to not be afk while afking is great fun

yeah this is unironically my experience of it aswell.

and how is casual pve in vanilla? other than time consuming?

add something ebin like "normies" to the end of the list

define casual
like every aspect of wow, it all depends on who you play with.
Just find a guild that you can run alot of 5mans with, building up your gear until you start raiding. 5 mans with voice chat can be tons of fun.

>talking with people online
No thanks.

everything in vanilla is built on being extremely time consuming and giving you a reward at the end (usually gear)
the class and raid design is very bad though so the actual activities themselves aren't very entertaining, mostly just white noise in the background as you waste time hanging out with friends

You're playing the wrong game, lmao.

DUUUUUDE THICK M-M-M-M-M-MUH T-T-T-T-T-THICK
UHHHH THICKER
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THICKER
AYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AY AY AYY AYYYOOO WHERE DA WHITE GURLS AT SHAWTY IN DEM APPLE BOTTOM JEANS HOLLA HOLLA GET DOLLA WUZ GOOD PIMP AYYOO ERRBODY IN DA CLUB GETTIN TIPSY MAH NIGGUH WAT IT DOO BRUH HOT N FRESH OUT DA KITCHEN YO DO THA STANKY LEG EYYYYY WE BUILT DA PYRAMIDZ HOMIE WE DONT TALK TO POLICE NIGGUH AYYO MOVE BITCH GET OUT THE WAY MUHFUGGIN MUH DICK BRUH FINNA BOOTS WIT DA FUR YA HURR ALL UP IN DA CLUB GETTIN TIPSY MUHFUGGUH FUCK DA POLICE COMIN STRAIGHT FROM THA UNDERGROUND BITCH AYYO HOL UP HOL UP YALL SOULJA BOY TELL EM AINT TELL ME NUFFIN YO WHAT IT DO CUH SIPPIN ON GIN N JUICE MUHFUGGUH SHAWTY WUSSUP B MUP DA DOO DIDDA MUTHA FUCKA

>this is what thickfags actually sound like

wtf

wrong gen sorry

youtube.com/watch?v=SLfELz-rzJs&t=9m58s

What's going on with toweliee? Anyone got the quick rundown?

this is your mind on /pol/
not even once

this is my shit right here

which gen were you gonna post that in?

>playing
Vanilla WoW has not existed for 10~ years. And no, private servers are a totally different thing.

Gave me a chuckle, thank you.

I don't like this meme that 99%+ of a thing = wildly different thing than the original thing

Going to play then.
If you play any mmo as a single player who is too much of a loser to speak then im just roffling @ your life

probably overwatch considering blizzard game or some fighting gen

>he thinks this shit will save him from being killed

>Paladin has two useless specs
>only tank warrior
>priest is the best healer- the rest of the healing classes are only in the raid for a few utility abilities
>not enough quests to get 60 as horde
>you race as priest is determined by your race skill
>unbalanced pvp

Tell me again why we don't want to have an overhaul of some mechanics for classic

I don't get it why does blizz hate things like these and did everything to remove them

atleast fucking fix alliance questing it's 2017
YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO FUCKING GRIND TO HIT 60
WHAT THE FUCK

so that vanilla and nostalgiafags get exposed

I dunno, I work in a leadership role (pedagogics) and have no problem with talking to people irl. I just don't want to chat with strangers/online people with my real voice. I like the immersion in roleplaying games in general.

>>priest is the best healer-
I guess you can say that? Really depends
>the rest of the healing classes are only in the raid for a few utility abilities
No. Paladins and Shamans (and even Druids sometimes) consistently outheal Priests.
>>you race as priest is determined by your race skill
only if you're a tryhard

fuck off if you don't like it?

I'd bet for /hotsg/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A23Q_G-DvH8

towelliee is /ourguy/ now, he btfo'd alexensual and is now big into Legacy wow.

HAMMERS UP BOYZZ!!

Do we need a new name for retailcucks seeing as we'll be paying Blizzard soon too

>you will never be this badass

he's fatass
you dumbass
ass

*Raises Hammer*
fucking love this guy

uh, just be your overweight self and find a giant mallet?

Are you legit retarded? Why would you play vanilla if you don't want to socialize within it? That was the core of the game, you had to rely on others, the game itself wasn't even that good, the community made it good.
I'm a sociopath IRL and even I despise nu-blizzards shit that removing every social aspect of the game.
Go play single players or some mobage shit like retail.

some things should be fixed, yes vanilla wasn't perfect, hell I think TBC was a lot closer to perfection, but this is a slippery slope.

gonna use this later ty

don't be jel, lil niggies

>implying

>he thinks it will help him in any way

someone give me a fool proof way of making friends in world of warcraft classic.
i need friends.

AHAHAHAHA NIGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go play some legacy everquest 1 server then. Those weirdos probably only use text chat.

Why does Alex feel the need to point out when he started playing Warcraft? Does anyone that actually started that early on try so hard to 'prove' it? With the amount of accounts that were sold couldn't he have just bought an account from 2004 and added it to his battle.net? Does this prove anything?

He even titled his latest video 'What I want in WoW Classic from a 2004 subscriber'.

*pops wotf*
heh

I expect them to have a checkbox at the account login screen for classic and updated models. It makes the most sense that it's controlled there before anything is loaded up for the char selection screen.

everyone already knows he started playing in late BC.

>that oozing passive agressiveness
EWW
W
W

tfw classic is a huge hit but the player base makes their voices heard that they don't want flying mounts, arena, or other bullshit.
so Blizzard responds with a fresh expansion leading out of classic just to handle stuff you mentioned - the 'unfinished' content of classic + emerald dream, taking the players into an alternate timeline.

what's his account name? that should clear it up. but I guess most people understand that he hit 60 in BC and never actually played Vanilla.

But he did do lots of account selling and scamming.

>mfw wow subreddit is filled with anti classic wow posts every day

why do they not want other people to have fun?

>logs on
>loots his weekly chest
>gets a legendary
>wonders why people would want it any other way

Just pathetic nerds. It's like on Veeky Forums when newfags call others newfags so they can be epic oldfags.
And all streamers just have that personality where they feel they have to be the expert on every subject.

>*crushes pirate server player's skull*
>it's hollow

stop sending me tells on twitter alexensual you balding dicklet manlet.

>Are you legit retarded
From my perspective, you could use some lessons in basic logic yourself because you jump to invalid conclusions without proper premise. Such as:

>you don't want to socialize within it
Wrong. I love the social aspect of MMOs and despise dungeon finders and other systems that ruined the atmosphere of WoW (among other MMOs). You need to understand that the social realm is diverse and there are other ways of being social aside of talking shit on mic with strangers. For me, I prefer to uphold both immersion and social aspects of the game. When I see an Orc running around the Barrens, I don't want to hear his annoying London accent while playing the game. I want to enjoy the music, sounds and immerse in general.

>Go player singleplayers
I play many kinds of games, what exactly is your issue? Can you not understand that a player can play multiple kind of games and genres for various different reasons.

I want retailfags to leave

/ourboy/ is LIVE

youtube.com/watch?v=p68m7MJuN5w

GUYS FUCKING PLEASE I WANT TO PLAY CLASSIC BUT I HAVENT MADE ANY FRIENDS IN DECADES

Obviously?

>classic comes out
>blizz has made one change
>60 min buffs
>the "out of raid paladin" is born
>one paladin who doesn't take up a group slot will stand infront of the instance portal and every 60 mins the raid runs out to get their buffs and go in again

>so Blizzard responds with a fresh expansion leading out of classic just to handle stuff you mentioned - the 'unfinished' content of classic + emerald dream, taking the players into an alternate timeline.
>implying classic servers would be still popular 3 months after launch

>The difference between me and towilee is i'd want 50k streaming and towilee would want 5 million

I fucking love this guy

>last two years is batting practice.

SOMEONE GIVE ME SOFTWARE I CAN USE TO RECORD THIS STREAM

>When I see an Orc running around the Barrens, I don't want to hear his annoying London accent while playing the game.
You don't, you talk to people in your guild on voice chat while you're killing big monsters and crawling dungeons. It's more efficient and just overall improves the experience. That's how you build lasting relationships not through,
>lol ty ahah :) :D

What you want is like group of strangers sitting at a table playing dungeons and dragons using their phones to text eachother because they are too much of a lameass to speak.

alex just goes whichever way the wind blows.
>gets bored of vanilla, attacks elysium
>gets bored of tbc, goes back to elysium
now he has whitekidney on stream with him and is all buddy buddy
he was planning on rolling on twinstars cataclysm server before the announcement was made and he has constantly attacked them.. like here:

hooktube.com/LOxtnkfqssk?t=652

hes extremely unlikable and will lose all of his viewers to better streamers once they have more than two options. look at this mongoloid:

streamable.com/mquub
streamable.com/ybhrl
streamable.com/hvzj4
streamable.com/iknlu
streamable.com/dln2u
streamable.com/0u8g7
streamable.com/op4eg

retail is against vanilla because they see people like this as the classic playerbase.

Does he ever do anything besides sit in Ironforge?

join some low level guild and start doing dungeons together with the guildies routinely while you level up.

>I could get server first on horde
>i'l be playing 18 hours a day
>what if i wake up one day and have 100 thousand subs.
THE REDEMPTION ARC
>I didn't try to blow up a plane I just played a private server
amazing.

just window capture with obs

If you roll Horde on an NA server I'll be your friend user.

>that typing style
oh, so you came from there.
kek

he just said Veeky Forums was "full of retards" and that "i definitely did play vanilla".

does anyone have the infograph?

it was like 15 seconds and he doesnt even mention alex. then alex tries to drum it up like its a legit beef. towelliee doesnt even give a fuck. and he posts this picture on twitter when towelliee doesnt use youtube because hes not a pleb. how about you compare your streaming revenue to towelliee, alex?

why is it whenever I see his stream he's jumping around Ironforge taking gold from random people and reading out donations from trolls? does he even play the game?

I'm 120% sure if he dropped WoW he would be a lot happier and healtier person.
He was buff back then now a sticc.

Yeah he is a hardcore gamer who has been playing since vanilla 2004 :)

no he doesnt. he hits 60 and then quits the server. he starts drama about the server to get more youtube views. then he starts making hype videos for the next server.

*throws monster can*
I DON'T CARE

>you talk to people in your guild on voice chat
That's not up to you to decide. Has never been required. WoW as a game is so easy in general it requires close to zero organization when everybody knows what to do.

>That's how you build lasting relationships
No. You should go outside more. Really, you should.

>What you want is...
Absolutely illogical analogy once again. If the person is right next to me why would I not talk to him? From what clause do you deduce this claim?

To be frank, to me it sounds like you are just lonely to be this offended for someone not wishing to log on third-party programs to build a "long-lasting relationship" with you.

From my perspective, people like you simply ruin the immersion of MMOs when you are not skilled enough to communicate by writing. If anything, you seem to hate the social aspect yourself

sorry man im eu

>man i feel like doing something
>15 minutes later: still runs around ironforge talking to chat

who is this fucking clown?

*takes a baby sip of monster*
yeah i played warrior once but it was too hard managing more than two abilities at once so i went back to my warlock
*takes a tiny baby sip of bud light and grimaces*
ill probably play priest because i love being a healcuck and clicking on boxes for two hours
*slams desk*
SHUT THE FUCK UP Veeky Forums LEAVE ME ALONE YOU ARE ALL LIARS.
*group wipes because of his mistakes*
wow this group is terrible