/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1040 - Ruby Illusions Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/927955925721161728
youtube.com/watch?v=tnq1qScIcYE
youtube.com/watch?v=AbEXnvD0-wM
youtube.com/watch?v=NBCmu8wAiZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FAST

*Nervous*

>Unleashedfans.jpg

Ruby Delusions

>You don't fight Chaos or Shadow
defend this

/sthg/ are you weak ?

Not so fast
It was a feint all along.

Tight Budget

Shadow is understandable since you get to play has him but yeah Chaos was wasted.

Uh oh.

One existed just to make Shadow look good & the other would've sucked like the original Chaos 0 bossfight

Honestly, that tweet screams "the fuck was that?"

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Jesus this really is one of the most controversial Sonic games in a good while. People are either going EETZ BAAAD or I LIKE EET

Reddit is even kind of exploding and people who say they like it are getting downvoted.

Couple this with the fixable-but-still-inexcusable Denuvo disaster on PC and...yeesh

I'm having fun, at least.

Silver is a dork

>that filename

This is early, but

Who's ready for Infinite story time

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/927955925721161728

THE FIRE RISES

>Reddit is even kind of exploding and people who say they like it are getting downvoted.
That's hilariously pathetic, years later that website is still a mess design wise.

Is Forces better on the Switch or the PS4

More like "that's all?"

Blaze speaks the truth

PS4

oh no.

is this because of the game itself or because of the PC port being shit?

PS4

>right outside
>literally
Hah

Wow, so members of Jackal Squad are actually people. That means that Shadow KILLED living beings!

Oh yeah, I can just imagine the amount of debates that will be had over this game in the coming weeks/months/years. I know that the Sonic fanbase is usually divided, but this game really shows how divided the fanbase can get over this franchise.

PS4 from what I've heard.

It's literally because of Denuvo.

Is this the last part?

PS4 unless you really like the idea of portability

The screen is still pretty kino though, just the flower in the abandon building.

expert storytelling right there

Well, at least we have the IDW comics to look forward to.

is that good or bad
guess I have to wait until the review

I get the feeling he doesn't know what to make of it.

>precious stone
>wrong game
That aside...that's it?

I'd say it's a combo of both denuvo is actually what's fucking things up.

Infinite will be a main character

Judging by previous thread and steam comments, Denuvo made it unplayable and full of crashes and turning internet off fixes it

>A Sonic Shuffle reference

That's like the first time I've seen that game been referenced in other Sonic media.

>DRM which requires you to periodically connect to the internet also breaks violently unless you disconnect from the internet
loving every laugh

Also referenced Moebius

>Anarchy Beryl
If you listen closely, you can hear Ken Penders calling his lawyers to sue SEGA.

PS4 will have better graphics and framerate, the only sell for Forces on Switch is if you want to play it without being tied to a TV

Yep, Denuvo is a crock a shit publishers pay for so it can make their games run worse and get cracked days later. I don't know why SEGA fell for the meme

Actually, I have a theory that Avatar is a part of of Infinite that he rejected so it took an illusion shape in form of our character because deep inside Infinite still couldn't reject these feelings and emotions

Are you not reading this comic right now?

Something that interests me. In the first Mega Man crossover, Worlds Collide, Wily and Ra Moon scan the light blue Chaos Emerald and claim it’s beryl.

Food for thought.

And that's it for Infinite story time.

...We don't even know Infinite's previous name. The two different eye colors he has are pretty cool though.

I'd like to see him try. That was a Flynn creation.

kissu

>expecting Sparky to embrace reason

>That's it
I guess it's my fault for having positive expectations

AAAAAARON

What a punk bitch. Those flynn pirates from the chaotix arc had more guts than Jackal, hell, not even Jet would be this stupid and he worked with Eggman before. How is someone so pathatic yet he had a crew willing to join him?

Oh, so negative reviews on Steam page are because of PC port

So... now that the game is out... where do we really go from here. I personally don't dislike Forces but recognize that it is definitely not worth the hype. So where does Sonic Team go from here? What could possibly be next? Do they continue with the boost formula, do they try something new, or do they make another game like Sonic Adventures Sonic and Shadow stages?

Aaron, why?

It's a nice comic, but fucking hell, 7 pages? Just making it 10 or 12 would've done wonders for it.

This is begging to be further fleshed out in the IDW comics.

lel

I don't think Jackal was doing it since he cared about his teammates, he just wants to dark knight meme it up.

Well I want the IDW comics more now.

I'd say they're dumber than he is but at least they seemed to know working for Eggman was a bad idea.

To be expected. Denuvo was a mistake.

Considering Sonic Team's history of learning the completely wrong lessons from mistakes and the critical praise for Mania, I fully expect them to drop 3D Sonic and go Classic only from now on with an Avatar only spin off game at some point.

I think they might be putting the boost formula to rest for a while honestly.

Also I enjoy the game too, it's to bad people here have insane expectations.

Has anyone cracked Forces yet? Steam reviews says it runs like complete utter ass on anything and everything, so i'm not going to give them any money until I know I can even play it.

I AM NOT WEAAAK!
youtube.com/watch?v=tnq1qScIcYE

They already said 3D Sonic is staying, but they'll be looking at what made Mania work going forward.

So get ready for more Green Hill & Classic Sonic!

They likely will put Boost to rest after this. That being said in 10 years, people will get nostalgic for Boost games & SEGA could make a lot of money bringing it back

Good level design is an insane expectation?

Apparently. It’s a sad day.

I am excited about Forces finally being released because that means I can finally come back to this general since spoilers won't matter anymore. I missed this place so much. It's only been 10 days but it's felt like weeks.

>posting downscales

le ebin memes xDDD

I mean, the level design is from what I have seen been the least of the issues people have. The levels actually get better as the game continues for Sonic but the Avatar and Classic Sonic just don't control all that well. Classic Sonic not being anything like how he should and the Avatar just being awkward.

>194885410
Said it before & I'll say it again: The worst part about this game is that people waited 4 years for it.

Hopefully something good comes out of Sega. They're capable of it seeing other games but Sonic always seems to get the short stick.

With the team they had on hand yes. I'm guessing even if it was on par Generations people would still complain

iktf

>spoiler
More like Boost games going 2.5D only. Fucking hell.

Meant to quote:

People here said that the Avatar controls feel weird, can someone here who actually played the game care to elaborate on that?

>that hell
youtube.com/watch?v=AbEXnvD0-wM
youtube.com/watch?v=NBCmu8wAiZs

With all the nostalgia pandering they've been doing I'm honestly surprised they haven't done an Adventure 1 & 2 remaster like N Sane Trilogy.

>mostly black color scheme
>heterochromia eyes
>uses a sword
>motivation is completely rushed and confusing

This is fan fiction. I'm reading a 14 year old's fanfiction.

Okay, is Forces just not launching for anyone on Steam? I've downloaded it & everything, but it's just not launching for me.

Sonic plots tend to sound like that.

>I'm reading a 14 year old's fanfiction.
No, because then this would be taking place in high school.
Also he wouldn't have a backstory at all, he'd just be around as if he had always been there.

What if Infinite uses his powers to make a copy of that female member... for his needs.

Sonic Team is Kill.

>"copy"
>not "hundreds of copies"
Don't underestimate his lust for power

They'd have to exist first.

>Infinite is the cool leader of a pack of thieves he's so smart and cool and he's got a cool sword and slices straight through robots and a cool scar also his eyes are different colours like anime and he's so badass that Eggman asks him to join his team

/sthg/, have you ever heard the definition of insanity?

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different shit.

You keep buying Sonic shit and expecting Sonic Team to learn from their mistakes. Have they? No. They fucking haven't. But you keep giving them second chances. Use your wallets wisely. The fate of Sonic depends on you.