/2hug/ - Touhou General - #57

:3 edition
Previous Thread >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games):
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16!!!
mega.nz/#!Dt91QDDa!w7dlOkuBP8tYwRfI3clq3wvf3v7I3DLDUneUhOUTEOY

>AoCF Demo v2!
mega.nz/#!mclFRapR!b4TEtRSnAi81Y4CZHzjy4dTzJ81V0KDArXfDL6f5PqI

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/LmjDC

>/2hug/ cup team suggestions sheet
goo dot gl/forms/Tazf2Pfqy7CGhKEw1

Other urls found in this thread:

moriyashrine.org/spin-off-content/2-53d-actionplatforming/adventures-of-scarlet-curiosity/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good image choice OP.

What is this junk op image.

Post cute.

it's a good image with a good character

Last thread.

>759 posts
>65 posters

Wow.

*suck*

To be fair the thread before that had about 100 posters.

Everyone should ganbare this thread as well.

I felt in love for the 1900th time

Another thread another fangame.

Aww this title screen is actually really cute.

I remember playing this. Has some good music. Especially the final boss theme.

Holy fuck this art is really good. It's fucking beautiful, the music is too. Oh god it's too good.

Junko thread!

Remilia and Sakuya are always cute together.

They modeled the entire room in stunning detail with a nice soothing jazz arrange of Remi's theme. Model looks much better too

Amen.

>shorter than the nightstand
Is Sakuya a womanlet?

Maybe the room is just big. I refuse to believe Sakuya is almost a inching

So you chose Sakuya. Good call and terrible call at the same time, on the one hand, the game's harder, on the other, the game's harder. If I had to go into the specifics it's 'cause you can't soar, foes flinch less and you have less damage output. In case you find this discouraging, just mind that Remi is so damn easy the tranlators added "difficulty modes" (damage modifiers) to give the game a fighting chance. So, in a way, the game is better balanced around Sakuya.

>Implying Sakuya didn't make the mansion bigger so Remi wouldn't feel bad about her size

They added some nice features in this game, such as the ability to equip items you find, equipping the Apron gives 52 health.

Oh right, manipulation of time and space, forgot about that.

Wait till you get to Kourindou. It looks amazing.
I would have recommended playing as Remi though since she is much more mobile.

This part of the game reminds me of oot, especially with the SDM from here looking like Hyrule Castle.

I would never play as anyone other than Sakuya except for IN, I had to use Reimu for IN.

Aya takes second to last post

God one of my biggest fantasies is visiting The Great Library while music like this plays, I would admire Patchouli diligently in study while trying to catch a glimpse of Sakuya occasionaly coming to clean the place.

That sounded a little autistic didn't it?

>That sounded a little autistic didn't it?

Not even half as autistic as most of my SDM fantasies.

Anybody know how to save in this game?

Glad I'm not alone with my SDM fantasies.

>Anybody know how to save in this game?
Patches library.

>First boss is wriggly
>She's actually hard, about just as hard as the final boss from the last game

Now this is how you do a sequel, and here I thought I was grinding a little too much.

Ah you're right, you have to talk to Patche. I love the idea of going to your safe space to save since Resident Evil, it's a very underrated trope. The music playing here is so calm, it's like it's nostalgic, I'm sipping herbal tea while listening to this smooth as fuck jazz.

yay, my skinny virgin fingers didn't let me down this time.
I'm pretty excited for SA so I'll start it right away

Congrats user! How was the game? Good luck on SA it's going to be really hard. Took me about a week to 1cc SA.

Congrats user, have you 1cc'd all the other games beside SA and LoLK? If no, you should do that first.

Well it seems the game is pretty open ended, so you're probably able to grab items and currency all around the place to make the boss fights easier.

>sipping herbal tea
I wish I was half that classy

Mind telling us the highlights?

I'm not a fan of that art, I'll be honest.

For sure, it's pretty fun just exploring around and finding the rare items and bashing the enemy's heads in. Just like the Ys games, you get more exp the more you attack enemies without getting hit. And you can't revisit levels so it looks like you have to make the most of it too.

I wish I had higher quality tea, I can only get my hands on the mediocre cheap stuff, though It's still good, I can't stop drinking it. My favorite tea is Red Tea, taste good and you can add milk to it as well.

I like it, though I do admit it's nothing special, though for sure it's a big downgrade from the title screen and intro artwork.

Why couldn't you shitpost this fast for Halloween? I hate you /2hug/

Otherwise good choice on OP pic related

Man it's a sad day in hell when Wriggly was stronger than Mokou.

>Health bar returns back to full
Nice touch

Miko wants children! Now!

>Found Mokou easier than Wriggle
How. Just what sorta playstyle do you even?

I'm no doctor, but I don't think she's going to have any with Tojiko.

Isn't Futo his wife anyways? Does that make that image NTR?

Futo is Tojiko's mother. Tojiko is Miko's wife.

Miko is a boy and Tojiko a girl, it does shows that you ain't no doctor.

>Unlock the Archive in the SDM library
>Runs about 4 floors deep, each with bookshelves upon bookshelves of books.
Jesus Christ My Lord, I wonder if there's any real life equivalent to this.

I think grinding a bit helped, and then I used all of the pots around me to regain health.

Well crap, I flunked lore and japanese history at the same time. Does that make Futo a dorky "stop embarrasing me" mom?

Wow you weren't kidding when you said it looks amazing, must have been quite the task to get everything into the organized chaos it is now.

Also to the PES dev, I agree with the idea to replace eraTohok with something like "New thread new fangame". Instead of using Youmu like I previously suggest we can use Rinnosuke, he seems to always be present in most of these games and play a minor albeit important role.

>comic sans

We were on the verge of greatness. We were this close to 1cc...

That Remilia sprite is really cute.

>reddit
>stale meme

>leddit
>friends

I'm sorry for your loss, user.

If it helps you would've died on her last spellcard anyway, it takes a few shots to beat Kanako but it's easy once you do.

The loading screen art for Remi is really cute too.

You know what, I'm not even a remifag and I think that's adorable.

Who was Aya's old boss?

Same, you just gotta appreciate things for how good they are.

>tfw find that soundholic did a 2hu x Splatoon remix album
>tfw it's actually really good

I wish I knew where these silly MMD gifs came from

pic related

I really like MoF, if I were to rank all the ones I played so far (besides 4 and 5, barely played them) it would be SA*>PCB>MOF>EOSD>IN

*I've only got to stage 3 so far but I like a TON about it already, I looked up designs of the bosses past stage 3 and so far my top 5 favorite 2hus by design are SA bosses from Stage 3 to extra

Tengu apparently used to be subordinate to the oni.

I want more pictures of that Reimu model honestly.

Why yes, it has.

It seems the Oni used to be more than sake drinking drunkards.

>reddit
>from

SA was tsundere to me today.
It started out with really rough runs, dying to Parsee first non of all things and gameovers before I reached Yuugi Midboss, but warmed up to me later in the day, reaching stage 4 with 5 lives to spare and up to Orin first spellcard.
Could have gone further if I didn't attempt to dodge several stuff bombless, but I did get valuable practice in stage 5.
This time I'm practicing to survive Stage 5 up until Orin midboss with 2 Power or less, since I never reach stage 5 with more to begin with, so I can't use the original switching shot strategy.

They were always sake drinking drunkards, they only left the mountain because they wanted to chill on Old Hell instead.

Does anyone else think Patche's arms and hands on these look a little odd?

Games are always tsundere, Touhou just does it so you aren't discouraged from playing altogether from dying the first few times of the day. Either way, you're progress is looking good as ever, I think you can beat it around the halfway point of this month for sure

It's clearly Parsee cosplaying as Marisa, she was just jealous of her carefree lifestyle and wanted to try it out on her own.

>calls himself a marisafag
>saves pictures of her with wrong eye colors

I wish what you're saying becomes reality. I think it will, to be completely honest, if I stick to my schedule of playing a bit everyday, even if I'm tired.

By the way, I used to play that Ys game with Youmu that you played, but dropped it because of my craptop and I couldn't figure out how to save. How does this save and can I find it on Moriya?

I am phoneposting, so I didn't notice her eye colour when I got the pic. Here's the correct one.

it's still green
and she still sux

You save in patche's library in this one, and yeah you can find it on Moriya shrine if I recall or you used to until their migration,
I'm not sure about now.

You never get the eye colours right,
do you?

Jumping on platforms likes these has always been tricky.

Hell yeah bro we're all going to make it.

Now as for the game, they fixed a lot of the dead links on thier new website, here's the one where I got mine, already conveniently english patched. I'm sure you'll enjoy it once you get around to playing it.

moriyashrine.org/spin-off-content/2-53d-actionplatforming/adventures-of-scarlet-curiosity/

Also the Youmu has only one way of saving, it just autosaves once you're done a level.

Last I checked, they fixed their shit on the new site, so there's that. Feel free to confirm.

Cool, I'll check this one out once I get SA out of the way.

>Also the Youmu has only one way of saving, it just autosaves once you're done a level.

SO THAT HOW YOU SAVED? Damn, why didn't I think that?!

Anyway thanks and thanks again for the words of encouragement. I'll try to not disappoint.

I'm not the user that can fix the eye colours, I just download Marisa's that look pretty, so please don't expect much from me. I'm trying my best for her in SA.

This snake was pretty easy to tread on.

>Do 2 good runs
>Do other 20 losing lifes in Stage 1 or 2
This hurts so much

do NOT step on snake please.

>eraTW Oct 24 (Last pre-overhaul version, overhaul in progress)
whats the overhaul???

This has been my life ever since I got back into 2hu. Keep going and don't let it get to you.
As long as you're making even a little bit of progress in one run, you'll be fine.

I dunno, you're gonna have to learn japanese to figure that one out. Or wait till the overhaul comes out.

I hope tomorrow I can reach it cuz today I've stagnated and I'm on a loop of shitty run after shitty run.

Spoilers: The fight it got into was fighting Youmu from the first game

>Faries are THIS delusional

I beat all three of em on my first try no less.

Fairies are in fact that delusional. See: Cirno.

Sadly it appears I'm nearing the end of this game. A remix of SA's stage 6 theme is playing

The funny thing is they don't even have the health bar of a normal boss, the game just treats them as beefier enemies and rightfully so.

Not just yet according to the OST, you've still got 3 or 4 bosses

2spooky.

Cool beans.

I hope you're ready to get fucked friend [geiger counter starts clicking]

Silly birb.

The only one who got fucked was her.

>The only one who got fucked was her.
Confirmed for writing Sakuya X Okuu doujins. Either way sounds like you're mopping the floor with these bosses now.

Yup, maybe I grinded a little too much for my own good.

What is this game called and how does this game plays anyway?

Adventure of Scarlet Curisotiy, plays exactly like a Ys game if you've played those games, you can get the game here.

It's pretty fucking awesome.

>giant fucking cathedral
>in gensokyo
now where the fuck is that.

It's the place you go just before you fight Satori actually.

Wow, that's really impressive for a fangame but succuya being really fucking smol feels off.
It's chireiden user

Most characters are dis-proportionally small, I don't know why. Though you can chalk it up to just Sakuya manipulating time and space just for fun

>Sakuya just barely shorter than Rinnosuke
how does it feel to be in love with an amazon user?

Everyone should post their 1cc charts. I won't post mine first because I don't wanna affect anyone's will to post theirs.

So they listened to Youmus criticisms and gave it legs this time.

Feelsgoodman

I should get around to making mine.

Legs don't do shit tho. This fight is just way easier than the original. Hopefully the final boss will make up for that (it did for me when I played Sakuya)