/tf2g/ Team Fortress 2 General

Last Thread:
>Comp Interest Form
Please take a look at this if you are interested in playing on a competitive team

docs.google.com/forms/d/1echsLr9cfqxy5vZ63yWX7TjSLlXfwUY8PcK7HdUN9Ss/viewform?edit_requested=true

Halloween contracts as well as Halloween maps in matchmaking end November 8th!

>Jungle Inferno Update
teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/

>list of good comm. servers
teamfortress.tv/servers

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Sites
scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf | scrapbank.me
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ
pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (AS): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g

>Discord
discord.gg/Dst3G2U

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eTg-eIGP4Do?t=455
youtube.com/watch?v=bAHd9IvyqMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So far we have 4 serious respondents to the Competitive interest Google Doc form in the OP. If anyone else is interested in playing HL or 6s please fill it out. Otherwise I guess we could field a /tf2g/ 4s team.

1rd for b4nny is trash and pyro is a better class than either soldier or scout

im mad people are using the scorch shot now. it was my secret weapon for years and with all its new use, itll probably get nerfed

>make an update
>say you're going to "make changes" to the matchmaking system
>the only thing they changed is the fact that you can no longer put limits on ping
>matched into luxemburg servers 7 times in a row
dude... nice....

>Scorch Shot
>Ever a secret weapon
EL EM AY OH

People have been abusing scorch spam for a while now.

Pretty sure ping limits are still a thing.

*hits you with the ss projectile and knocks you outta the thread so you have to run back to the resupply cabinet*

How is RMT doing withing the game?Is it worth trying to get into it?Also what should i buy to get started with trading?

It was never a "secret" weapon you fucking moron. Pyros were using it all the time. Sorry you aren't a special snowflake.

fuck all pyros that use this shit

it's the real pyro equivalent of what pre-nerf sandman was and contrary to popular opinion that was NOT reserve shooter

>friend gets me a steam gift card
>accept it
>"you are unable to use the steam community market because you recently accepted a gift card"
>even though I already fucking had money in my steam wallet

you deserve, /tf2g/

youtu.be/eTg-eIGP4Do?t=455 bit late to this video but yeah, Array doing the side to side pyro glitch WHILE joining the reddit camp talking about how the pyro and DF are completely balanced right now. shameless

>people aren't running the best weapon in the game on every class they can

?

>exclusively use gift cards to stock my wallet
>never had a restriction for it

best use was against other pyros and now other pyros can kill each other just fine with the flamethrower changes

is your "friend" from a shitty country? that may explain it. I've added steam funbux before and never been restricted.

Not him, but holy shit stop being so nitpicky.
What he meant is that it is now being used much more because of new synergies and will probably result in a nerf in the future.

no backsies deliver you cunt

Not him but fuck off you horsefucker, go play a real class.

dragon fury isn't as OP as some make it out to be, but it isn't as it should be right now either really

make the projectile smaller, make it more punishing for missing (like direct hit which has only 4 rockets in clip) and make it have unlimited range and it's going to be fine

still cant believe the sexy bare medic chest is in the game. i cant focus on the round with a huge boner

No, USA same as me. Although for some reason the message only appears when I check on the steam market in my browser and not on the actual steam client, so I dunno.

>unlimited range
are you fucking stupid

now its not that much of a plan, since youre giving jew money but think about it
>someone has an unusual undercutting yours
>gift them $5 from a poo in loo tier country
>laugh as it gets removed from the market for a month

six years later and i still cant rocket jump

>random spread
whoever came up with this asinine mechanic deserves to get an indian sunburn on their fucking nutsack

I thought they removed that

No. You might be thinking of the Panic Attack, which uses a fixed spread no matter what

>shoot revolver
>crosshair is on enemy
>it misses
alternatively
>shoot revolver
>crosshair is not on enemy
>it hits
i dont think they removed it user

otherwise it's going to be useless, right now it's easy to outplay and get outplayed using it by other pyros who have the stock flamethrower even if you know how to use it

random spread is something i witness the moment i talk to a girl
fuckin losers lmao

>valve doesn't even give enough of a shit to remove random crits and spread

honestly when your competitive mode is so far removed from what the base game is of fucking course it's going to be dead in the water

The Patrician's Choice:
Remove Random Spread
Retain Random Crits.

I wish we'd get Team Fortress 2.5, where it's mostly the same game but it's been designed with not being a silly fuckfest with pubs in mind like it was 10 years ago. Spy Heavy and Pyro aren't made useless, gamemodes like ctf and 5cp aren't fucking awful, it's on source 2, useless weapons are either cut or redesigned to have some sort of niche, and overall is a tighter design than the fat bloated mess we have right now.

I'll put it on my wishlist of things to fund if I win the lottery, along with New Vegas remastered.

;_;

I main Engineer

>miss a random crit on a medic
>get another one because it rewards shit players
epic

dude there are people playing quake 3, battlefront 2 and old call of duty lobbies at all times. tf2 will never get a remaster and there is no profit to be had expending that much effort. its a game that will still be played at least 20 years from now

just let this game die already

"Variable" classlimits in casual would be the best
>under 8 players on the server: No engi or heavies allowed
>8-13 players: 1 heavy/engie per team
>14-19: 2 heavies/engies per team
>over 19 players: 3 heavies/engies per team

t. autist that grinded tr_walkway to boost his stats

tr_walkway has sv_cheats 1 on by default.

>join game
>go medic
>win

>join comp
>go medic
>want to die 5 minutes in

>play comp
>be medic
>feel horrible every time i drop or drop someone or miss an arrow

>ctf map contracts

one mistake comp medics make a lot is waiting for the last moment to pop, wich makes them drop very often
for example they'll be looking at their own health and only pop when they are 50 or under
the good way to pop, is when for example you are about to be hit with a rocket, then you should pop right before the rocket hits you.
it helps to avoid risk, and remember than the uber is only 8 seconds so you wont necceseraly regenerate all of your health by the time its over

>tfw no one to play robot destruction with

>hitscans u
no personalio monami

>contracts that literally require you to allow the enemy players to get to the objective

ebin Veeky Forums joke pls

>teammate asks blu for help with cart defenses for their contract
>i tell him about party point system and invite him, since i'm doing the same contract and will get them points with my cart kills
>they outright ignore me
DO YOU WANT HELP OR NOT

kurt cobain's buttplug

>scouts peppering you with 12 8 damage shots from across the maps
>revolver snipers
>smg used instead of rifle
>heavy is now the most op class because no bullet spread and can melt you down from across the map

random spread should be on all hitscan that isn't a shotgun

>hip firing a shotgun should have pinpoint accuracy on all pellets
>running and gunning with a pistol from long range should always hit on my crosshair
>point shooting an SMG should be exact dance with a recognizable pattern

kiriikp's ass is best

>implying kek XD pepe shadilay praise KEK XD

CoDShooteR47

but a shotgun would be the gun that should most have random spread

reddit.com/r/tf2

Post it

I don't think you know what random spread is. It's disabled by default in competitive for a reason.

lets see you get lucky again

Smells like doody

How do I stop the Fireman?

umm, heavy takes skill u shitter??

wtf this is not how you suicide

Always in

I love my big, strong daddy

shotguns don't have random spread in competitive, they have a fixed 3x3 pattern which expands the further away you are from a target
what I meant by random spread is the small area where shots can go when fired from a pistol/smg/minigun/revolver ect, those are random in both competitive and pubs, the only thing you control by aiming is where that little "random area" is

smells like teen cream

ahhhhhhh!

add me for pyro yiff

>everyone depicts fempyro as a latex fetishist in a tight suit with thigh-high boots
>nobody depicts male pyro as a latex fetishist in a tight suit with thigh-high boots

OY VEY ANOTHA 6 GORILLION

youtube.com/watch?v=bAHd9IvyqMk

kiriikp

Dont worry it fires seamen

Because they're not disgusting faggots like you
Smells like cream corn

NO NO NO OH OOOOUHUHUH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

pm me for pony erping

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

I can make it fit anywhere

>Go to lazypuple waving these around
>Banned in 20 minutes because it triggered a lot of people
I knew that place was filled with fruitcakes

That's not at all what I wanted

>Waaah why are people offended when I run around being purposefully offensive?

what a shame the minigun wasn't named 'horse cock'

>waaah video gem u stoopid stop doing things i dont like

There's also this model for those who want a male hunk pyro

damn you

everywhere else it made people chuckle, except for one brony faggot

Why don't you add a photo badge and flair?

Does Pyro, dare I say, take skill now

no

Pyro takes even LESS skill now.

Caption this

>upward on defense
>decide to try out the scottish resistance
>nobody can get to push the cart
the only downside is that it forces me to play very defensively

wen u gro up but yo daddy dont