Dividend stocks

can anyone recommend any dividend stocks to potentially put on my watch list? i'll share my portfolio of dividend stocks in pic related. thx

I like JPM and GM. JPM because of the tax breaks/cuts that Trump will announce will be impacting banks and GM has been consistent with dividend yields. [email protected]/share and JPM @0.50/share

thanks, im happy with my GM holding.

im looking for either higher yield or dividend-growing stocks to bump up my income

Glad to help user, but I don't know of any higher yielding stocks than the above mentioned. Let me know what you find out! I'm interested as well!

i want to buy like 200 different stocks on robinhood and get dividends everyday..good income and portfolio diversity

A lot of the higher yielding dividend stocks cost a lot of $$$ to invest in. Not to mention you need a lot of money to invest in dividends to even see an ROI.

I personally wouldn't hold GM for the moment. The vehicle market is turning over and we're entering the trough part of the business cycle. I recommend and hold TOT, XOM, GILD, OXY, RDS.A, and T. T may have been a been premature as there may be a future pricing war with wireless carriers, however; it's heavily shorted relative to recent developments so I took a shot. I'm doing a bit of bagholding on GILD as their other drugs make up for lost revenue of Harvoni.

Interesting that you mention the Oil sector and their larger yields. I just don't like how oil and oil companies have their ups and downs for what it's worth, but I'll do more research and take a stab at it! Thanks!

Oils cyclical just as much as GM is cyclical. I just feel that we're going into year 3 of lean times an therefore the survivors are much more efficient companies. There's definitely more downside possible depending on what OPEC does this summer, the dollar, and how much US production can continue. From a dividend standpoint, many of these companies are rock solid. Granted growth may be stymied, but much of their focus is maintaining and growing the dividend - at least for XOM and COP. RDS.A is more focused on deleveraging. TOT is pretty standard but is one of the more profitable oil companies right now and added proved reserves per SEC rules in a low price/bbl oil market which is promising in the long run.

Also can we please keep this thread going? It's undoubted the best Veeky Forums has had to offer in a long while.

I like F. It's near a 52 week low, and it's not like fucking Ford is going to go away.

True, I believe that RDS-A is set to have their Q1 earnings sometime in the coming weeks so it would be very interesting to see how that will hold up. Given that RDS-A gives the most yield on dividends, I think the Q1 report will affect them. I will speculate that they will do well so I probably jump on that bandwagon before the report.

Keep an eye on the BDC and REIT sector, but not mREITs necessarily, there are a lot of strong break outs in them and most of the time they're low cost with strong dividend and rather stable cost that fluctuates around a base, meaning you can buy on dips and sell on highs if needed.

GAIN for example announced a dividend increase and a new special dividend semi-annually last night, leading the the ability to buy this morning for 9.14 a share and close at 9.30 a share. That's a pretty easy turn around if you're looking to trade, but their dividend stability and now special dividend indicates a healthy business which is yielding a base of 8%+. It can easily be the next MAIN which is a good income vehicle but is too over priced a Price/Book of 1.8, while Gain is still in the 0.9 range.

Obviously these are mostly smaller cap stocks, but the good ones well out preform the S&P 500 consistently, have higher yields than high yield blue chips, and offer reasonable stability even with rising rates. It's not the least risky sector as there can be plenty of duds, but I've noticed most of that is clustered in the mREITs and the ones that aren't show their issues much more easily than other companies.

I just bought 125 shares this week.
Dirt cheap and generous yield.

Ford will make the transition to electric like all other big players and will be around for a long time.

Pepsi, Kroger, Disney, Star Bucks, Apple Microsoft, JPMORGAN Chase, Mondolez, Bud, AT&T
Div plus capital gains/ buy and holds

Century Links, Jernigan Capital, Realty Income, Whitestone REIT, Gladstone, Simon Property for high yield,
American Homes 4 Rent and Equity Residential, Chimera Investment.
Stag industrial REIT.
High yields, dollar cost average these for high Yield on Costs. These are companies either have great real estate, or superior management or both.

David Gladstone is a great businessman.

RDS.A's quoted dividend is based on a "SCRIP" program which requires one to receive the dividend in the form of stock. Since I just DRIP my dividends into my companies anyway, I should get unlazy and figure this out. Otherwise, the cash dividend is actually half the amount you're likely seeing which is still a robust 3.5%

Q1 earnings likely won't move the stock but they're doing well unwinding shitty assets they purchased from BG group at the height of the oil market. Oh well, live and learn, RDS

I'd buy covered calls if I were you seeing as that there's unlikely some sort of explosive growth. Write them out for a whole year even and you'll turn that 5.3% dividend into 6% easy

Any reason for AT&T vs VZ or Pepsi vs Coke? I'm curious.

stocks currently on my watchlist:
IEP
KNOP
GLAD
GAIN
GOOD
F
CIM
RDS-A

all four are good over the long term.
AT&T over Verizon because they have better 5G prospects, I like the DirectTV acquisition, and currently you can get a much better yield on cost.
Pepsi Over Coke, 1 organic growth of non soda/ drinks ( Frito Lay/QuakerOats) 2 more acquisitions/ efficiencies to look forward too 3, More international growth, Ko has recently done a lot to become primarily a franchise play, so where do they go from there? Anheuser Busch probably can't afford to acquire them as
M&A rumors claim, they ( Coke) can buy up Monster but that's still sugar water. On a technical level they may lose some ground because of a recent growth cycle, which Pepsi doesn't have. Thanks for asking.

side question here - would you ever recommend taking out a 7% personal loan to invest in a >7% dividend yielding stock?

I own VNQ as a REIT ETF. My biggest concern is that the largest share of the ETF is a REIT primarily invested in malls. Granted they tend to be upscale malls which aren't declining as fast due to Amazon - there's only so much shit online before women drag their husbands somewhere to spend money. Any opinion on which REITs might do better with increased interest rates? There's a few companies in the ETF I personally like. One owns buildings which house servers, another, the elderly. I'm too tired to look up the companies right now but they don't matter. I'm looking for industry specific information.

Care to explain your top 3?
Friendly reminder, abnormally high dividends are typically a market signal that the company cannot sustain them sans REITs and RDS-A which is not a 7% cash dividend

No. Because of compounding, 7% is going to be higher than 7% dividend, ergo you'd need capital gains high enough to cover the taxes on the gains, the costs of buying, selling AND the interest payments.

i didn't list those with any particular preference in mind, but is 12% unsustainable? my SFL holding yields around that currently.

I'll likely pick up F next, followed by RDS-A

question: is RDS-A automatically in a DRIP?
can cash dividends ever be taken from it? (all of my current holdings are in DRIPs currently anyway)

DRIPs are tax deferred and compound as well though right?
(if not, i may have done my 2016 taxes wrong)

I'm a noob, but BA and LMT have done me quite well

Not him, but I believe IEP is going to do really well over time, classically mispriced stock based on fundamentals and growth potential. For your REIT question, give me a few minutes. I'm on Mobile. But basically the ones who have fixed mortgages will win out, also those with money that can buy the best parts of the ones who might fail and have to sell. Like Ross/ Burlington and Planet Fitness are buying up closing JCPennys/Sears/Various others.

No idea because SFL hasn't put out a yearly or quarterly reports for 2016. I feel like alot of shipping companies are scams used to siphon off funds via big dividends. You might get one or two then the stock will tank.

How is IEP miss priced? I'll have to do some research. Sleep now, research tomorrow. See ya, space cowboy.

DRIPs are deferred, and do compound, but some loans are compounded daily. But unlike your interest payments, those dividends are not guaranteed, and the total return would still depend on the long term capital gain of the stock in question. It is a move that could make money but I would need details about which company we are talking about. Also if you didon't this, you'd have to be able to cover the payments from your cash flow comfortably. I only said no because this is a risky enough move to screw someone even if they weren't a novice.

It's been technically oversold hard, any amount of good news is likely to change the YOY numbers and gain excitement, over all I just see too much upside potential.

I'm going to return to this question tomorrow to find specifics on the REITS, however again, on the whole, the reits with property in Tony popular areas (Whitestone REIT has the boom cities in Arizona and Texas as staples) they have spaces which include experiences and quality of life stuff like aquariums or in door jumping parks and trendy indie boutiques. There was a surprisingly good write up on the Street recently, the woman named Michelle something has interesting and free articles, I'll link it tomorrow.

Ones with fix expenses. Residentials as buying a house becomes harder, rents will rise because people can't afford to buy, Digital REITS that host cloud computing areas and medical trust will do good because those businesses will still growing. Jernigan Capital is brilliant because of how they get their money, they finance climate controlled storage in wealthy areas, get money from that but also hold an sizable equity position in the developments. but public storage will so good too ( people love to hoard shit)