Total War General - /twg/

Roma Victor Edition

Hotfix Beta Patch Notes
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-pte-patch-notes

New historical info:
totalwar.com/blog/update-on-historical-releases

Mortal Empire is out, hotfix beta NOW, Norsca never.

Blood and Gore:
store.steampowered.com/app/594591

How the Combined Map works
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-with-ian-roxburgh

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up is for Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EaDlihIqPws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for multiplayer and FANTASY

>Tomb Kings still not announced

>not Remembering the Hype Edition

youtube.com/watch?v=EaDlihIqPws

3rd for Fantasy!

>no Elspeth von Draken
>no Bertha Bestraufrung
>no Lucrezzia Belladonna
>no Repanse de Lyonesse
>no Naestra and Arahan, Sisters of Twilight
>no Drycha
>no Ariel, Avatar of Isha
>no Crone Hellebron
>no Valkia the Bloody
>no Dechala the Denied One
>no Alarielle the Everqueen
>no unique Princess Eldyra squire hero for Tyrion
>no Tzarina Katarin
>no Queen Khalida Neferher
>no Neferata
>no unique Geneviève Dieudonné hero for Lahmians
Are CA fucking *SEXIST* or something?!

Mongioli mongioli gib me my ravioli

not first for Total War WAr Hammer of Warhammers 3

Xth for Wrath of Sparta 2: Electric Boogaloo

do any history/roman user have that drawing of the roman guy sitting all smug on a long chair with a blonde girl and a egyptian girl at his knees

>Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

C H I N A

It's Tomb Kings for Rome 2
Tomb Kings wont make it for Warhammer

No, this can't be happening, I'm in charge here!

Sorry this is the best I can do

Threadly reminder that the Rome 2 DLC will be a bland & boring bullshit campaign built off of a half-complete game just to get history nerds to stop crying.

No improvements will be made upon the base game and it will guaranteed be a buggy mess that they wont patch for 3+ months

> Elder god the stars are right tier
Gook Totar War

> Oh fuck this gonna be good tier
Pike and Shot Total War

> Oh god why total war doesn't work at this point and will be Empire all over again with nothing working right
Victoria Total War

>Disappointment Tier
All of the above

It adds female generals and admirals

Fantasy not history ok?

>Click on Phoenix Guard
>No sound
WTF CA?!

Spoopy

>no empire dlc

fix the game CA fucks

Skaven are such a pain in the dick to deal when playing as orks. I feel greenskins are pretty weak and useless in general but this matchup favors the dirty fucking rats in almost every single way.
>Both races rout really fast. If there was a leadership tierlist then skaven would probably be at the very bottom, with orks slightly above them.
>Ork infantry getting A N N I H I L A T E D by the skaven. Plague monks beat ork boys and big 'uns. Censor Bearers beat fucking Black Orks without much trouble too.
>Doom wheels absolutely rape every single orc infantry unit. Have fun seeing a glorified hamster wheel roadkilling your boys while also causing fear and terror.
>Grimgor gets BTFO by Queek in most matchups. This depends heavily on items tho. Tested with a friend.
>No point in taking artillery or big groups of archers/skirmishers against skaven because they can just summon more rats on top of them
>No point in heavily investing in cavalry either because skaven are just going to outnumber you and drown boar riders in a sea of clanrat spears
>Every gobbo unit gets rekt by gutter runners. Also GOBBO ARCHERS.
>Savage orks are pretty much just a meme.

I feel the only Wurrzag and Azhag have any value in this matchup. Such a fucking shame to see greenskins in their current state - just pretty much a weaker empire without any good niche.

I want to argue... but I honestly think you're right. It does kind of seem like appeasement for the history fans who refuse to even look at fantasy

>crooked moon mutinous gits have both Grimgor and Azhag show up as hero units in the same stack
why is this allowed?

>>Grimgor gets BTFO by Queek in most matchups. This depends heavily on items tho. Tested with a friend.
By Gork n Mork NO

>I feel greenskins are pretty weak and useless in general

This is something I've been noticing for a handful of factions now, namely Beastmen, Orcs and to an extent Skaven. They just aren't that good, and seem to be far more satisfying in the campaign as adversaries when playing as like the Empire

>>No point in taking artillery or big groups of archers/skirmishers against skaven because they can just summon more rats on top of them
put some gobbos on guard duty ya git

How to deal with rat fucking shits
>big black orcs
>big bosses and boar boy big uns for wheel removal
>gobbo skirmish cav

>Click on Khainite Assassin
>No sound
Really cool. It adds to the character.

why are magic skink bois so fucking good?

>click on Balthasar Gelt
>EES EET TYIME?
wtf ca

I mean unless they're upping the performance and graphics of Rome 2 with it, then who the fuck will want it?

Seeing the ways soldiers interact and behave now just makes Rome 2 look silly. I still can't get the sight of soldiers with their mouths wide open during combat and hunched over like Igor out of my mind.

I wonder why they didn't choose attila for the base game instead?

Fucking Empire crashing on AI turn. Never had that issue before.

>tfw no game to save the Qing with a reformed force as you try to kill the empress dowager

he absolutely is right, if CA cared about making good content instead of a stopgap cash grab to appease rabid historical fans, they would make it for the most recent game w/ the best features. Instead they clearly intend to wring as much money out of it as possible since they know they could serve literal shit in a historical setting and history-only fans would eat it up

>Vampires in the mountains
mod or no restrictions in ME?

>saving the Qing is like FoTS Unmodernized on Legendary

How would you guys feel if CA did Total War: Alexander?
Factions would be
>Alexander/Philip II's Macedonia
>Greece
>Persia
>Egypt
>Mauria, India
Later we could get Ethiopia/Nubians, Italians, Arabians, and Afghans.
The map would basically be the eastern third of the R2 map. Here is the kicker. India. We include all of India and central Asia. And maybe, if you really wanted to push it... China.
You could lead Alexander to greater heights than even he achieved, lead the Pharaoh's in a pre-Ptolemaic Egypt, etc.

> Save the Qing
I want Manchu posters to leave.

Fuck vampires desu at least when dwarf blob they don't spread shit all around

I'm hoping that I'm wrong and that the next Rome 2 update and DLC will make it 1000x better. New Mechanics, updated animations and rigs, updated AI, etc. But I know CA are half-assed greedy jews and if they implement new or exciting things, it'll be a part of the DLC only and not the GC.

>tfw no game to save Jesus Christ's brother

because they are NPC factions and bad guys.

>solid selection of buff/debuff magic
>decent to good range of offensive spells
>mount selection gives you the option of unlimited battlefield mobility OR line breaking devastation as needed

It's getting a game-wide patch. Here's hoping it turns it into Attila: Ancient Empires

That would be hilarious to know that the many years AE have spent trying to make their shitty mod will be flushed down the toilet if CA makes R2 actually good.

> You will never save him

>tfw they all died

My nigga. Restore the Ming. Everything went downhill when Hans weren't in power.

i was 4 when this came out

At the very least I'm hoping that they implement raze/sack/occupy options across all factions.

oh my, so scary. not sure if i can win this lads
:3

>the DLC is literally AE straight from the source

That's super easy to get a mod for though. Now getting Attila's raze mechanics is another matter.

Stop mocking gobbo

>I was 4 in 2012
2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

>want to send Grimgor, Archaon, and Orion to collect traits from other legendary lords
>their list is inevitably filled with garbage traits like "recruiter" or "lords over so and so"

They should have made it so you could remove traits if you wanted to make room for better ones.

What good is "leadership over Wood Elves" when I've burnt their forest to the ground long ago and autoresolved every battle against them because their maps are janky as fuck and fighting their garrisons plus their full stack is stupid as fuck?

And when the frick can we reset the skill selection of confederated lords? God just delete the old lord and give me a fresh lvl 1 for all I care.

This is how glaives are used

Hyper specific TW games like this are shit.

MODS!!!!

There should not even be a limit on the number of traits you have. Why is that a fucking thing?

The razing is one of the few things I don't like about Attila, it's just way to common among factions. That being said I loved being able to pick up and migrate and destroy your settlement.

Seriously, priest are great. Even better than regular Slann priest with only Mazda boy on his giant triceratop as better.

>200 year stability under a modern chinese empire is downhill

>A time period that spans about 200 years
>hyper specific
What is your idea of not hyper specific? EUIV? CK2? Warhammer?

How the fuck do you chinkaboos keep track of chinese history? I tried reading some of this shit and it was just:
>Then Ching Ming from royal blood in Ping Chi, who took his imperial bachelor in Dong Wa, attacked the Chi forces in Tai Chi. The Chi were forced to retreat to their stronghold of Zhugoi (called Bönis Tögüs by the Juan mongolians) after cannibalizing the citizens of Tchi chi and Zhou tai, of which the scholar Chong Chang wrote of in the Book of Eternal Wii (Confusius). Ching Ming thus usurped the Chang Dynasty and proceeded to establish the Chung Dynasty.

Nigger, you said TW Alexander. Don't change your shit idea now. And Rome 2 already covers the diadochi.

For the future of Total war I hope they don't do a purely China focused game, because it would bomb so badly unless they got massive chinese sales

>get cause fear for beating Khazrak on a lord that already cause fear and terror
Thanks CA

Chinaboos don't ACTUALLY know chinese history, who would bother to read that trash?

They just want it for Jackie Chan fights and memes

Does TW Attila only take place during the time of Attila? Or do you play for 5 years before he is even born? Does the game instantly end when he dies?
He is the namesake of the period and the iconic figure, but I'm more interested playing in the span of the region he operated and in the same timeframe

I think it would be best to start as Philip II at some point before he conquered Greece. At least I typically enjoy starting smaller. Although Alexander in the immediate chaos of the succession could also work.

kys grandpas

>I'm more interested playing in the span of the region he operated and in the same timeframe
So basically Rome 2. Wtf are you smoking? There was a shit TW ripoff about Alexander that might interest you.

That is absolutely what I intend, I'm just saying to call it Alexander, the same as Attila.

>Playing in a region where everyone is a wannabe Alexander with some local flavor thrown in
>The same thing as playing in the region before Alexander fucking conquered everything, where they all had distinct cultures and armies

what kind of bait is this

>No skink LL like Skarsnik
I just want a themed campaign

Isabella has very nice bare back. It's such an interesting color, do you think Vlad ever gives her backrubs?

>themed campaign
what, little guys only?
play dwarves

>i was 4 when this came out

link the mod pls

So you just want to play a game where you're overpowered and you just roll over everyone around you instead of having a challenge?

You mentioned Attila, there was another shit game made by CA. Napolean, the 4 expansions to Medieval, they were all shit. The only time TW games are good is the base game with a large map, dozens of factions and no head starts.

Just play the superior false chinese history game

Seriously, what is confusing to you? I want to play on a map that goes from the Balkans to Bengal in 400 B.C. to 250 B.C
Is that clear enough for you?

> Debate someone
> Say random Idiom
> They get ass blasted so hard they fall down an infinite chasm of rocks and die
I really need to play more of these games at some point

Is your head soft or something? The proposed scope of the Balkans to Bengal or China isn't a "large map"?
Why would I be overpowered? How do you know I don't want to do what Alexander did while playing as Egypt, or Greece? I never even suggested Macedon should be overpowered

You're basically describing every TW game, but you're throwing in Alexander for no reason.

And you can't make a game in that time period and not have Macedonia steamrolling everyone around them, because then everyone would cry about lack of historical accuracy. TW games that favor one faction over all the others are stupid.

>click on Dreadlord
>"malevolent lord"
WTF?

>click on Saurus
>They don't speak english
WTF?

It isn't "for no reason", he is the man that shaped the period, just as Attila did. Why wouldn't the game be named after him?
And no one would complain about Alexander not conquering the whole map every game, you are fucking retarded
And stop with the fucking reddit spacing

>Click on any female lord or hero
>"gib me tummy rubs"
WTF CA?!?!?!?

So you ARE retarded, gotcha. Are you new or are you too stupid to remember how ROME used to get smashed to bits in the early game of ROME 2.

Just because a faction was powerful and steamrolled in real life doesn't mean it has to be that way for a video game.

At this point it seems you're just arguing for the sake of boredom and to "be right" and not because you have any actually meaningful points to make.

They're called paragraphs, faggot, and they weren't a reddit invention either, retard.

Just face it, your idea sucks.

Even the Chinese modders agree China-focused would be shit. East + South + Central Asia or bust

well-balanced army comp you have there

>i was only 4 when this game out

>trailer: 2012
>born: 2008
>current age: 13

GET OUT

Balkans to Bengal before Alexander's conquest is an amazing period, and you are a faggot redditor

Rome isn't favored in Rome 2. They have strong early game infantry and that's it.

Why do you even want a game with primarily Phalanx's anyway? That shit is boring as fuck.

Are you pretending or are there people who STILL don't get that these armies spawned from one of the Lizardmen rites?

Just dwarf my old world up up senpai.