/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1041 - Why Us? Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/927955925721161728
youtube.com/watch?v=oHjGXQEkXEA
youtube.com/watch?v=5-nsw0jYNK0
youtube.com/watch?v=sokKL8R_ba4
youtube.com/watch?v=--mMw6s3nVw
youtube.com/watch?v=lsWVIoqoWEk
youtube.com/watch?v=w_ixaGoyacc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Normal is easy mode

I don't understand.

Kishimoto really needs to go.

reviewers suck at sonic. Even the pity mode didn't help scores

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

i'm guessing either some people bitched about the game being too hard, or it was easy/normal but then someone complained about it belittling them

Oh yeah no lives, not that it needed it but it feels odd without it like in Mario Odyssey.

Part 4 of the Forces comic in case anyone missed it
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/927955925721161728

"it's better than [other sonic game] so it's good enough"

So this is twice now that Shadow has indirectly caused an apocalypse.

It's no wonder they locked him up in 06’s timeline.

why was the chat on the sonic official livestream going crazy for sonic satam for a few minutes?

did aaron mention something

As it should be.

youtube.com/watch?v=oHjGXQEkXEA
This doesn't even remotely sound like the rest of Classic Sonic's music in this game. Infact it sounds kind of like something one of those Youtuber composers would make with the Genesis soundfont.

Even vaguely reminds me of this classic
youtube.com/watch?v=5-nsw0jYNK0

What are your thoughts on Forces?

I beat it an hour ago. It's... fine, but I prefer Colours.

>Switch: 6.8/10 from 98 ratings
>PS4: 7.5/10 based on 154 ratings
Is the Switch version even that fucking bad?

If they have fun with it, does it really matter?

good good. let the bad reviews flow

I like it just as much as colors, maybe a little bit more. But not by much.

does the phantom ruby actually look that fucking stupid in forces or did the artist behind the comic decide on their own to draw it like shit

They should have made Shadow the Hedgehog 2 instead.
Ghost Town music felt so out of place for me when I got to that stage

>Is the Switch version even that fucking bad?
it is actually. Worse graphics and worse frame rate

>japanese: kuso
>english: MAN

I legit need caffeine to get through this game because I'm not doing anything worth of note and I'm almost 1/3rd the way through the game.

It means Episode Sally is coming to Forces

It sounds so fucking out of place in the level, too.

name her

It looks like that in Forces.

Iron Fortress makes me laugh, it doesn't sound serious whatsoever.
youtube.com/watch?v=sokKL8R_ba4

I'MMA FUCK YOU UP PAL
YOU AN' ME
LET'S GO

youtube.com/watch?v=--mMw6s3nVw

That's a pretty cool hedgehog avatar, user. Maybe even cooler than Sonic.
How did you make him look like that?

i know you can already mod what character you play as, but why the hell is sonic orange

Sonic Farces

how embarrassing.

I know about the graphical & framerate downgrades, but from anons on here who's played it on the Switch, it wasn't even that much of an issue.

I actually kinda like this

It looks like that in Forces, yes. Don't know how it went from 20 sided die in Mania to a star bit.

Hot topic the Puma

How's mine?

>favorite color is blue
>favorite animal is bear
>worried about making a blue bear in forces because it reminds of andrew dobson

What should I do? Also post your Forces OC.

What sort of mediocrity is worse: just being meh all around (Lost World, Heroes) or being a balance of surprisingly good and utter shit (Forces, both Adventure games)?

well yeah you don't buy a switch for the graphics. Still doesn't change the fact it's the worst port

fizzbitch

6.8 isn't even bad.

post yfw you heard youtube.com/watch?v=lsWVIoqoWEk

The latter.

Because even when it's bad, you know it'll have good parts. Whereas being mediocre all around means you'll be feeling meh the whole time.

You're already Dobson-tier for partaking in OC creation, go nuts.

The latter, at least part of it is memorable.
If it's bland all around then there's no point even remembering it.

that's insulting to star bits.

go full Dobson user

Is Sonic Forces a joke?

I wonder which team actually first designed the Ruby.

It doesn't make sense to me that it took 4 years to make this game.

The former. With Forces & the Adventure games, the good things about them is pretty damn good and can be improved upon for a much better experience. Outside of parkour, I don't know much else you could take away from Lost World that's really worthwhile.

No user. It's serious business.

I already posted it last thread but everyone seems to like her so why not

Forces team, hands down
It really feels like it was shoehorned into Mania.

it's not a bad take on it, but most of the shadow OST is underwhelming to begin with

youtube.com/watch?v=w_ixaGoyacc

I'm retarded and misread, meant the former is worse.

Nice. Still waiting on that Supporting Me rip.

>2 years on engine
>2 years making the game & cutting whatever was left out
Simple. Hedgehog Engine development started in 05 & according to Wikipedia, Lost World was made in 3 years. Dev time doesn't mean much when you have a team of people with no experience being guided by someone who's track record is already hit & miss.

Rouge is gorgeous. Shadow is a manlet.

two years were spent on the engine and the other two consisted of making the game with only three level designers two of which were inexperienced

they had to anchor a sinking ship to the only thing good coming out of the sonic brand. sonic forces being "tied in" to mania was an effort to legitimize forces on its coattails, and it looks like it worked.

Shadow is normal Hedgehog height

It's the heels

She's wearing high heels and has big ass ears, she's cheating.

omega showing up was sick as FUCK

2 years developing the hedgehog engine 2 and Sonic Generations 2 featuring Boom Sonic, then plans for Gens 2 were scrapped in early 2015 as it became apparent to SEGA that Boom was a dumpster fire. Forces was made from salvaged parts of Generations 2.

I didn't realize they made a new engine.
I'll just google the rest of the details on this new engine.

The Phantom Ruby was probably introduced to Mania after the team already planned out the 4 original zones and had the game set on Sonic Discovery. After all it was Sonic Team that "encouraged" Mania to tie in with Forces and go with reused levels to begin with.

The fact that the Forces team didn't even attempt to correct the design of the ruby nor help establish consistency between the two games in terms of how differently the Phantom Ruby seems to portray its powers indicates that it was a half-hearted lip service on ST's effort for hype rather than trying to actually establish some fancy storytelling.

war isn't a joke user

>True Dat.

How is the Ruby's power inconsistent between Mania and Forces?

And the other of the 3 only worked on Lost World.

Also

>Only have 3.90 GBs of RAM when I need 4.00 GBs to run Forces
F-fug.

Any reviews above 5/10 is good enough to be enjoyable but not memorable.

I suppose that's fair. Rouge is still beautiful tho.

Shadow's an earlet

I hate imagining that Sonic's actually singing Fist Bump to the resistance, because it only reminds me of Sonic Underground

totally-not-a-lesbian/10

I will be pleased if it reaches 6.5. Ecstatic if it falls to 6.0 or below. For only when the fans have abandoned the hedgehog will he truly disappear.

Jumping is a nightmare in Forces. Holy shit.

So where's the crack for the game

She's in heels

Also every other character in sonic is shadow's height,

jumping in 3d sonic hasn't been fun since sonic adventure 2

Jumping feels like shit for Avatar imo.

Infinite is as edgy as I thought he'd be

when am i gonna see fanart of all your lovely OCs :(

I just realized! Tails WAS smart enough to fix Omega, and he DID! Omega being broken was nothing but Infinite using the power of illusion, making Omega believe he was broken!

When the power of the Phantom Ruby was weakened, Omega came back to kick ass!

that is the stupidest thing i have ever fucking read and i hope this isn't a real thing that happens in the game

But it's even worse. Platforming becomes horrifying.

The Ruby in Forces demonstrates the power of illusions upon reality, but outside of the armies this often seems to be a concentrated effort. Mania makes it out to practically be reality-manipulation, and besides Ruby Illusions for the final boss fight's song title, the rest of the game doesn't really play up anything as an illusion at all - especially since Infinite's illusions in Forces repeatedly demonstrate timers or limited durability.

Just as well, Little Planet being freed at the end of Mania is done in traditional Sonic format rather than it disappearing like just another illusion, implying Eggman really did use the Ruby to summon and imprison Little Planet again, on top of its reaction with the Chaos Emeralds causing a literal dimensional hole.

Never

When people draw them, obviously.

>Polygon: 5/10
>Destructoid: 5.5/10
Kotaku: OC DONT STEAL

>They actually call you "Buddy" in-game.
MY DICK!

So basically
>Mania PR is basically reality warping and reality manipulation, it's what alters generic Egg Robos to have new powers and what also warps Sonic and friends to places they've been to before
>Forces PR is just "the power of illusion given form", whatever the hell that means

?

*Marries*
thread got all fast again.

Guess this is Lost World's engine after all.

Nice "game" Sonicbabs