/wotg/ - World of Tanks General

Previous thread: >Where do I look up tanks?
tanks.gg/wot/

>Want to do clan stuff?
EU: NOPAN - eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500136066/
NA: AWOO - na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000043295/
PS4: BLAPS - console.worldoftanks.com/en/clans/ps4/BLAPS/
Blitz: BENIS

Guess the nationality!

first for little girls

What do you dudes think of /ourguy/?

I think he's clearly a very important pillar of wot as a whole, the game would have a lot less interest if it weren't for this amazing man.

>inb4 people hating because they can't get a girl like /ourguy/

> e50m is weak
> defender is balanced
> arty is good for the game
> the nameless is op because Lulz wg Asia can't do me shit

Who here has adopted the T10 TD meta?

World of Tanks is a bad game.

Yes, we should let this general die forever

>lol is a better game
>dota2 is a better game
>destiny (flavor of the month because 2) is a better game
>is second life a game?
>2 wow generals because social outcasts
>14 separated animu VN's?
>memetale is a better game
>mass effect has a general for some reason despite andromeda and the shit it was 3
>cawadooty because WW2, another FOTM
>scam citizen is a better game
>toddlies is a better game

World of gold: wallet stories has its flaws, but not that much, so i dont know, at least this isnt a ciclejerk of waifu shit.
If not, yea, fuck off to discord, and let this shit die...

While I miss the days when "I load a few gold rounds to fuck premiums but don't use them on normal" was still a gentleman's agreement... WoT has improved in a lot of ways.

>gentleman's agreement

kek

>look at this tenk that i just found
>when i so go... we rush to poland
>NOW GO
>kill all the jews not me
>lets try something else

New to the game here and I'm garbage. Working on grinding Russian heavy tanks and American M4 Jumbo because I heard they are good for learning.

Where are the best places to learn more about crews, missions and everything else? Most everything I find is 1-4 yrs old

tanks.gg for tank stats
youtube for game mechanics
It's not like there's much to learn, all you need to know about crew skills is the difference between perk and skill.

Unfortunately, my country has rather more stringent legal hurdles to acquire mail order brides.

Fuck that faggot

So I keep hearing people mention some sort of havok video that caused a shitstorm, but I can't seem to find anything on it. Havok doesn't seem to have disbanded or otherwise been punished, so what's actually up?

Any consistent YouTubers who make current WOT content?

chems and sliphantom are the only worthwhile ones

The official WoT accounts have some videos explaining game mechanics.

Zeven is pretty good at explaining map control.

Claus Kellerman

The UDES is fucking terrible without the top gun

Pierre?

You need to be 18yo to post on Veeky Forums.

Most of the guys who make wot videos are faggots, at least pick the faggots that try to make fun content, especially for someone new to the game

I give up. Where do I buy these Shadow tank tokens? They aren't showing up in the shop.

I like Circon.

I know, but you picked the faggiest of them all, slip "permablue makes meme purple reddit videos" anthom.

Quickybaby is the only player worth a shit.

Prime example of why people dislike that faggot. His drones stop at nothing to defend him. Both Circon and SirFoch are way better players.

zeven and lemmingrush are the two that actually explain their thought process instead of just regurgitating the action on screen.

Sllwpoke that I am, I just discovered LemmingRush the other day.

Aside from learning mechanics and strats from good players, should I focus soley on grinding a single line or should I focus on multiple?

Currently like I said above in on the M3 Lee working towards the Sherman, and at the kv10 on the Russian line. I started on the Chinese light tank line too but im shit at scouting. Also I'm fucking around with the German Arty line every so often

You mean the guy who makes videos about other people who are actually good and play the game while his own content is shit?

>should I focus soley on grinding a single line or should I focus on multiple?

It doesn't matter. You could play tier 6 all your life and nobody would know.

Read up on tanks and find ones you like, single or multiple lines don't matter, I've seen people who has played for years and choose to stay at tier 7.

There are shitters who will tell people to "stay on tier 5-6" I say bullshit, if you get to tier 10 and you're still shit, who cares, do what you want.

Practically speaking, grind several lines of the same nation so you unlock modules that also exists on other vehicles so you get an easier grind.

I think this is important. Understanding /why/ good players do what they do is more important than knowing tank weakspots or memorizing which tank has what alpha.

Do tiers really even matter then?

Strategies are pretty different for higher tiers and lower tiers.
Higher tiers also get expensive if you're not consistently excellent.

But a game is a game, try to grind a tier 10 to see if you like the experience, if not just go back and play lower tiers. The important thing is you have fun.

I have 11 tier Xs and rarely play them unless I'm with friends. Tier 9 is the sweet spot for your average skilled player. Tier 10 is where you realize you aren't that good yourself and your team is even worse.

Boy mines encounter is such a good map im sure glad I get to play south every single game! Good thing this fantastic map is getting a HD version its the best map in the game!

>get 5 wins for marathon
>5/12
>that's for the IS-6
>maybe i can do the T34
>8/23
>mfw cannot carry marathon teams

+2 MM sucks so everything below tier 9 will be cannon fodder for the higher tiers
buy premium goy

I take back what I said about Guiness. Now that I've had some Corona it's not that bad.

fun fact: beer that's exposed to sunlight creates a chemical that's in skunk piss this is the reason beer is put in brown bottles. The reason Corona is served with a lime is to mask the piss taste

I don't even put lime in Corona. I still like the taste.

Well user, that chimay blue that you recommended is really quite good. Thanks for your recommendation
i live in southern CA so you can imagine the type of beer that i have tried
its also a huge pain in the ass to find this beer, the only one i could find anywhere near me is just in 750 ml bottles

NA premium shop not working for anyone else?
it just forwards to the RU store

I didn't recommend that. That was some other user but glad you found something you enjoyed

Should just drink skunk piss its cheaper

Nah, Corona is my favorite beer.

What do you think we'll see for black Friday his year?

>Corona is my favorite beer
/wotg/ - where yellows have even yellow beer taste

hi guys are we having fun yet?

Fuck you too. I'm teal.

> drinking the piss water know as beer
Let me know when you can afford good alcohol

It's not about the price senpai. Beer is just safer. I can drink three or four beers and still drive if I get hungry. With liqour and wine I have no idea what my limits are. It's just easier to identify a cutoff with beer.

Is E50M an upgraded E75?

More like an upgraded Tiger II

E50M is an upgraded E50...

Who else puke and then keep drinking here?

So the E75 is fucking shit in the current MM.

No, the E75 has always been pretty decent. The E50M just isn't as strong per tier as the E50.

it has the weakness it's always had, fucking awful DPM. I can NOT shoot its way out of anything, and doesn't have the big spooky alpha to really keep people off of you. you're pretty tanky though, and have pretty good pen, but you need a medium to suplement your DPM or arty support more than most t9 heavies

99% of players dont shoot full gold. Dont make yourself a imaginary victim.

>shoot side of a American or German tank
>Pen every time
>Shoot side of Soviet tank
>Bounce, Bounce, Bounce

Can someone explain this without resorting to "le 30mm of spaced side armor"

Superior Soviet engineering.

Le 30mm of spaced side armor
but in reality, its because there are very little places to shoot a soviet tank side that isnt covered by tracks which are spaced armor

they're short tanks with big running wheels, where as burgers are tall with smaller running wheels in comparison. they also tend to have a flat section f hull over the track on the sides vs the soviets being slanted all over and with less dead space between tracks/chassis

awo

sadly AWOO be something else soon.

a-awoo?

ayo fuck that whart are you changing it it to i bet it somwthing gay that not A MEME

iit has to be a meme thats the friggen point just like plsgo and pzmoe a MEME

>Ivan, let's put tier 8 tank in tier 6
>Da comrade

>no no Ivan, must place t5 first, the move to t6 to appease the potato farmers

tfw can't join AWOO because I work 6-days a week ~20:00-22:00 EST

Rember or some shit.

i dont think that this would be a problem for them

Esp now that you can lul and run a dope 88mm and just plink stuff between ramming.

203 pen at t9... i don't know about that one user

Did the KV-1Siema get nerfed? It was OP as shit last time I played and was basically the only heavy used for champion tank companies.

It's 223 dingus, the new one.

>Be NA consolefag
>playing on euro server because NA is dead
>Wild Ruskies appear on in game VOIP
>mfw they actually say "cyka blyat" all the time

Do they not know any other phrases? I thought it was a meme until now, and since when can Russians afford game consoles?

you will also hear "davi davi" a lot, though not as much in tanks because no one likes moving in tanks. similar to "quickly quickly" or "go go go"
its also like faggot to us, where its used so much that everyone is faggot

Why does the VK 100.01 P have 120 rounds? it only has a rate of fire of ~10rpm. Has anybody ever seriously fired continuously as fast as they could load for twelve minutes?

Anu cheeki breeki damke

>tfw I started playing Matilda again and it's unironically more fun than higher tiers

Because paper tanks, Compare to IS tanks, which barely have more than 30 rounds.

>Why does the VK 100.01 P have 120 rounds?

Probably because the tank is fucking massive. The Maus only carries like 70 rounds but that's because all the space taken up by the 75mm rounds isn't accounted for. The VK100 doesn't have a coaxial cannon so in theory it could hold more main gun ammo. Nobody has ever run out of ammo in a Maus either and it carries a fuckton of shells.

It's not a bad game because it's not a game. It's a prototype of a game that devs fear to finish because it's more profitable for them when it's broken (at least in short term perspective).

You wanna go back and rethink that? WoT hasn't been in beta on any platform for years.

>he thinks that when devs say it's not a beta anymore the game magically becomes finished

So what would make this game finished?

When they release it as 1.0 instead of 0.9.x

when they add fun

Can one of you guys do me a favor and convince me not to buy the AMX 13 57? It looks like a lot of fun but I just don't wanna drop another fifty trump tokens on this shit right now.

low ammo count, low alpha, low hp
it's a weak meme machine

Buy the AMX Chaffee.