/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Previous link in the endless chain: cant find it edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Dont miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/3mz852n5ciqq1sv/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've always wondered what arisens that send their pawns into the rift with no equipment were up to, and it's finally dawned on me that some of them are probably trying to roleplay sleeping with their pawnfus.

I'd just like to put forward my two cents in regards to The Dragonforged: he can't have lost to Grigori and become a ghost. Those "ghosts" you mentioned like Selene's master, Sofiah, as well as Ashe and Olra, all have an etherial or "ghostly" aura to them, thus obviously making them spirits. The Dragonforged does not have this aura. Furthermore, as I stated in the last thread (which was ignored), when an Arisen defeats Grigori, the hearts are returned to all Arisen that are still alive. This is evident from the scenes of the Duke aging to his 70s/80s (Iola can vouch for this info). The Dragonforged, being a millenia old, fades away to dust as age has at last caught up with him. There is no merit to your ghost theory be it in-game mechanics or lore.

so as a future note do we have other people that can make the thread or is there only 2

Making new threads is hard.

>stone jungle/powder barrage spam against Death

hahahaha yeah fuck off faggot

Does anyone else have this issue where the game just hogs all the CPU usage? It's near 80-95% all the time on the Task Manager, I'm almost inclined to believe that it's mining fucking bitcoins for me or something.

CPU: i5, (4 CPUs), 3.1GHz
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 960

It works just fine and runs with a very very smooth framerate as well but for some damn reason the CPU usage just peaks very often, it toned down a lot when I alt-tabbed to write all this but once I get back to the game and start running around and hunting wolves who hunt in packs, it'll just start whirring at max speed soon after. It's just a little worrying so wondering if anyone's had the same issue or knows a fix to this?

Finally got four rings of perseverence; now to actually play the stupid game.

>(which was ignored)
It wasn't, I already said that's the only piece of evidence that actually contradicts the ghost theory, but it still could simply be how they chose to present it, and it isn't at all irrefutable evidence that he was alive.
>no merit
Only the Arisen can see the Dragonforged. When you are alive and the Dragon has your heart you are immortal, fully tangible, and able to interact with the rest of the world, just like the Duke, Barroch, and Olra (possessed Olra, not ghost Olra). The Dragonforged can only interact with the Arisen and is dead to the rest of the world. Immortality isn't limited by time.

The whole crux of the debate is whether he fought Grigori or he sacrificed 'his kingdom' (all speculation), and if he did rise to fight Grigori whether or not he would be allowed to live after making that choice.

>and Olra (possessed Olra, not ghost Olra)
Scratch that one, I actually think only the Arisen can see her too. And she did also die in BBI before getting possessed.

the pawns managed to stand fucking still for once and now I have a new squad pic

>his kingdom

Actually just his "beloved," whatever that was. There's some speculation that it was a kingdom, but there's no particular need for it to have been for the argument that was being made, just that there was some sort of "beloved" item or place or whatever.

Only the Arisen can see Olra because she's not physically there on the Cassardis pier. She says "you speak now to a shadow of sorts, my flesh lies elsewhere." I mean, you could take that to mean ghost, but I think she's just astral projecting or whatever, and by "flesh" she means her physical body which is what you're talking to on Bitterbutter.

>and she did also die
Did the game ever say that? All I remember about it is when you first talk to her (or at least before you get past Gazer) is that she came to the island, heard a voice asking her to save someone, and got confused—as if the voice had been her own. I took that to mean that she came to the island and pretty nearly immediately got possessed by pawn Olra.

>Previous link in the endless chain: cant find it edition
???

>search the nexus for some mods
>GREAT MOD COMPILATION - NO GAME BREAKE
>It breaks the game in more ways than possibly thought

I'm actually disgusted by that mod

Are they posing for an album cover, or having a spat with each other?

Either way, it's nice to see pawns cooperate.

>believing mod advertising on the nexus

You can really only blame yourself for this, user.

After pawn Olra fucks off and she gets her body back she mentions how she died there before. I remember it because she spoke of how she lost her pawn and used up all her curatives and she was battered and broken, and it gave me a ryona boner.

I'll have to look out for that when I finish Bitterblack.

Considering I've had the PS4 version for a week and a half and I'm only now starting the actual story, that should only take me another two years.

why do the red vocations have the worst looking lvl3 bbi armor? i dont like the look of it at all. i use immortal set and some other peices from everfall since it looks better

So is Death also an arisen-possessing ghost like Olra? The guy in the monument of remembrance is just some random arisen who hears his whispers and gets taken over by him? And that's why he respawns, since when you 'kill' him he just finds a new host? Or is that crazy talk?

All the level 3 BBI armor looks pretty shit, breh. The yellows have it best, and even that takes some pretty good coordination to pull off in effay style.

>I don't like it
>It's the worst
When you grow up you'll understand that those aren't the same thing.

>tfw no full face mask with pointed ears to combine with the Oblivion set and make a medieval Batman

I agree, I really don't like the Betrayer and Hellfire sets.

I run a Cleric looking set for Mystic Knight and Fighter (Cleric Cap, Divine Surcoat, Silver undershirt, Silver Pants, Blessed Sleeves and Gryphic Legs) and as much fur stuff as possible for Warrior instead.

>got the soaring stone/brain splitter strider ring

I need to rape Daimon with this + Eminence

Almost all mods broke because of the recent update to Dragon's Dogma. A lot of them need to be rebuilt from scratch.

My pawn always has dozens of thousands of dp extra, I couldn't imagine what I'd do with what I got from 2 rings of perseverence

As far as I can tell Soaring Stone is only useful for mobs since it brings them into the air with you, if you're using it with Brain Splitter then Leaping is better since you get more air with it.

both skills are on the same ring so I have no choice if I want to use brain splitter

Well it'll make clearing trash a little more fun at least.

what did he mean by this?

I mean, eventually it'll be completely redundant, yes, but I imagine it'll let me get all the skills and augments I enjoy before reaching a level where I'm too OP for it to make a difference.

I switch vocations a lot.

Also now I have like 100 throwblasts.

>Do wolves really hunt in packs?

What is the suggested level for BBI?

Reminder to download the latest beta version of the Pawn Manager. Not found on Nexus because the original creator hasn't contacted me back about fixing a bug that prevents saving of online data. mediafire.com/file/3mz852n5ciqq1sv/

>What were Goblins weak to again? Ice? Fire? Both?

Officially, 50. Unofficially, you can pretty much handle it at any level if you have enough stamina curatives (so that you can run by everything) to get you to Warrior's respite, where you can pick up enough throwblasts to get you through pretty much anything you meet.

Dragonforge your grigori weapon and you'll be fine

>you can pretty much handle it at any level if you have enough stamina curatives (so that you can run by everything)
first of all there's loads of stamina curatives laying around especially in duskmoon and the rotundas

second that's not even necessary, almost every environment is set up to enable you to safely cheese things at most vocations and you honestly want to hang around the early parts to get a couple dozen levels before the gazer and find a usable weapon and preferably a good ring. Most vocations do have some way of actually damaging early bitterblack enemies even in shit gear.

Also isn't the official recommended level like 80?

I mean just to get you started, but yeah, it's absolutely doable no matter your vocation. The hardest pre-gazer thing to kill at low levels is probably the gargoyle.

The midnight helix is the only place I run past things solely because of the gargoyle (and goreclops, but that doesn't make me run past other shit to avoid it).

>pawns can't damage enemies while you hold them
why?

Play a red vocation and hold down the grab button.

>enemies can't damage pawns while you hold them.
Seems like a fair trade.

If you throw the enemy to a pawn, they will attack it while it's in midair.

I have played this game for so many hours and did not know

Any good pawns on PS4? Didn't see any on the pawn sheet, looking for a fighter and mage/sorcerer and also how the fuck do I keep pawns from dying to death?

Good for what level?

>how do i keep pawns from dying to death
Teach them to git gud.

Whoops level 110~120

You can also press the light attack button while doing it and you kick them to the ground, which isn't really different from throwing them but it looks cooler. And of course you can bully your friends with it. Sorry for the clipping, just threw on the grisly bone armour and didn't realise it was so bulky.

If you do it to smaller enemies and saurians you lay on top of them to pin them down like the crocodile hunter iirc.

>played this game four years
>never knew you could do this

Time to switch to a red.

do your best to have fun it will be a struggle

Fighter is fun as fuck. If he's on PC he could also mod it to be a red but literally have the weapons and skills of another vocation or a combination of vocations. Reds get that pin and striders get climbing speed and damage bonuses so they're the best classes to actually be while doing that.

speedrunning newgame plus because i didnt fucking grab the chests at the top of the tower before taking a few potshots at grigori with the ballista

>fighter fun as fuck

>last quest I had to do was farewell valmiro
>didn't realise the first valmiro questcancels after doing come to court, ending his questline

>had already started a fresh/final NG with quests done to make sure certain vendors were avalible and whatnot
>do come to court and immediately save/checkpoint save
>look up valmiro quest straight after

it was like I did it all on purpose to troll myself

Does ANYONE happen to have Dwells-In-Light from the ur'Dragon rewards on PS4? I would be eternally grateful if you aren't using it, and I'll even draw you/your pawn/your dog/whatever in return!

I've been trying to get it on the past 3 dragons but I've had no luck so far.

yea give me 5 minutes

it's a cool weapon, shame BBI gear just outclasses everything so much.

you need to change vocations to fighter so I can equip it on them

I'll give you a Dwells-In-Light not to be another fucking drawfag

Thank you! I was beginning to lose hope on ever getting it and it's my favorite sword looks-wise, definitely strong enough to beat Daimon with as well.

I'll do that right now

Fuck off.

Sorry user, I know it's a rare weapon and there isn't exactly a lot I can offer for it, I figured it was reasonable enough to ask.

Please get the fuck out of this general.

Give me a Dwells-In-Light

After seeing what they're like in other generals I can see where he's coming from. It'll be the only time I offer something like that, promise.

luci is still a sorc did you rest to update your pawns status?

Yeah, reset them to Warrior and rested a few times. I'll save and reload just to be sure

I don't see nothing wrong with having drawfags as long as it doesn't turn into 24/7 lewdposting.
Having creative people who bring new content to the general is actually a good thing so I really hope you ignore that retard and continue.

*I don't see anything wrong

>I don't see nothing wrong
Well no wonder you don't -- you're an idiot.

cute

ok that was my bad, the index shows they were a sorc but when I summon they were a fighter, they must update separately or something.

It's fine! Thank you so much. If you want something done just message me a screenshot on PSN or post it here, I'll have it done asap

If folks are feeling generous, is there anyone who'd be willing to gift me Abyssinal Bracers? You can savescum the transaction so you don't have to lose them, or I can savescum and give them right back.

I am not a drawfag so I can only offer in-game compensation and heartfelt thanks.

What's Urdy looking like, anyway? Still gen29?

What does DIL have to do with Autotomato?

post psn. gen 29 died a few hours ago. I missed grace by only a few minutes.

I can't think of anything so don't worry about it

You'll see, I'll be posting an update to this tomorrow!

>see that game
>tries it
>no polearms
Back to Dark Souls.

>third person present tense
I think r/darksouls would be more your speed.

Hi drone.

back to ESL class

>implies that polearms are great
>they aren't
Spears are overrated, nobody actually used these in middle age. Everyone used swords.

Who gives a fuck, this is vidya. Polearms are maximum Veeky Forums and fun

Wrong as all counts, you should follow him to reddit.

>can't greentext properly
>"MUH VIDYA"
Wow. You like to stack flaws.

Source: your ass

You can also grab undead from behind and hold them in place

I grabbed your mom from behind

It works on any enemy smaller or not much larger than a human.

>In Bitterblack 2.0 for first time
>Fighting Bishop and pet dragon again
>does some spell
>whole party instadead
>wakestone
>pawns outright desummoned
wait what

This is common. The game isn't all that optimized, regardless of what the mt framework fanboys tell you.

What did it break?

they were too good for this world

>post psn. gen 29 died a few hours ago. I missed grace by only a few minutes
Wait, was that for ?

im gonna need sauce on the picture

AHHHHHHHHH!
WHAT 2 NATURES FOR A FIGHTER PAWN???
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
THANKS

oh yeah I was wondering why you didn't respond

Oh snap, I appreciate the hell out of it m8. Weird that Urdy went down. Feels like he was still at 98% HP just a few days ago.

x_Akiraka_x