/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Xray Vision Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Magnum Opus
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

c35312fb3a7e05b7a44db2326bd29040

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-hQXaxO-cc
imgur.com/a/WrbV9
youtube.com/watch?v=VE7-gdy8iec
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxynitride
youtube.com/watch?v=gn4nRCC9TwQ
youtube.com/channel/UCM-kjdrQge9AACfB3MSRyrg
my.mixtape.moe/aepcpm.gif
youtube.com/watch?v=40YVOCtEKnI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM

scifi shows usually are marketed to your everyday rube who doesn't value detail and don't care about universe building
hence why most scifi that gets really popular is space opera or hand wave-y morality stories

>c35312fb3a7e05b7a44db2326bd29040
Is this bitcoin?

md5 hash

>c35312fb3a7e05b7a44db2326bd29040 >nigger

Would a PCI AI card based off Haikonen's systems work?

Why are you fuckers spamming images and starting threads early? This is why I don't bump these threads any more.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-hQXaxO-cc

>be playing bare bones spawn serber
>refinery and assembler efficiency is at 2
>finally scrape together enough shit to build skeletonized chemical wocket
>speed cap for large grids is 125 m/s
>set course to moon because roids are a myth
>get out and gently spacewalk while covering the entire ething in unbuilt armor
>I'll put the medbay from my trunk here I think
>wait what's that big grey shape?
>KABOOOM
I don't know what to do /egg/, I can't blame KEEN, can't blame the admin (well kinda for sub 200 m/s speed) it seems that I'm just a retard

It's called image limit. Once a thread reaches it, nobody can post Opus Magnum anymore. This isn't a matter of "early bird gets the worm" here kiddo.

>set up servers for massive amounts of players
>have factions and city walls
>alien AI could be tweaked for various types
>mining, crafting, transport is already taken care of
Pic related

do not respond to shitposters

:thonk:

Items can store values, meaning that instead of conveyor belts, we could have tracks with carts full of items.

19.5k RP Hovertank I designed in AutismCAD
200mm Sabot Railgun, 8700 damage, 54 AP, 1100 m/s, 17km range, 0.065 accuracy, sustained charge fire rate is ~8 rounds a minute
At least double thicc alloy armor for a nice armor class of 26 everywhere
Scoots around at about 74 m/s
Runs on as little as 0.2 material a second

>hovertank
>not spidertank
>not even a tracked tank
how's it feel being gay

imgur.com/a/WrbV9

>be literal physician
>try to play opium manga
>literally can't do better than this
How do people become efficient?

>not being gay and delivering pink dildos in your cock rocket truck

obligatory anime image padding

Anyone know how to remove these "stone veins" from the Alien Biomes mod? They're unsightly and I don't like them.

uninstall the mod

>skeletonized
Hydros power to weight ratio demands it.
>not spawning on mars
If you dont want any random borg cube waiting for your, spawning on earth was asking for it, maybe if you took off from the poles and with better camo asides from no broadcast.
>windows LOD at distance dosent have the frame, so a wall of them its a solid piece of glass that reflects the enviroment (the skybox) making your ship more stealthy
But also dont paint your rocketo white holy shit...

youtube.com/watch?v=VE7-gdy8iec

I wish it was possible to make metal alloys transparent

Factorio Server When?

>captain forever with a swarm of drones like in the matrix
Holy shit this clangs my pistons.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxynitride
Not technically an allow tho

It looks like I have to get this game just to make this drone thinner. I mean, is that all?

Ships in this style when

I'm sure you can do this on Machinecraft

youtube.com/watch?v=gn4nRCC9TwQ

fug

This really isn't that impressive in 2017.

Also, there's a lot more going on than just throwing AI at a humanoid model if it move so much like a human, simply because in that scenario moving like a human is a shit option; why not just clang itself across the map in under a millisecond?

if AI learn how to reproducibly summon clang that means they could make an AI that learns to do so controllably and that way lies doom

Do you really want the jews to unlock the power of CLANG?

i just got space engineers
how do i git gud at the game and have fun?

you poor bastard

what?

You can do neon in spengies

That fucking run at around 1:40 gets me every time.

took me a second

I had an idea for Opus Magnum and I know one of you autist can make it happen. I understand the Opus Magnum has a system for

1. Time
2. Space
3. Cost

However what would be very interesting to see is if there could be a system for quality. The biggest issue with quality is that the only system for increasing quality that I could think of would involve playing with time, such as adding an element to the game which degrades its quality the more the cycles pass without it being attached to something else.

Let me give you an /egg/sample.

>Game dev decides to add a new feature to the game which involves the fire element
>Metals can only be separated or transmuted if they are hot enough
>Upon transmutation, they have to be hot enough to be merged with other elements, but, have to be cooled enough as well to be a finished product
>Cooling can happen naturally or through the use of water elements
>The longer and hotter the metal is, the lower the quality it is when produced

Had a hearty chuckle.

>tfw you want to build a factory, but, you don't already have a factory to make the parts you need to build the factory

Well, make a smaller factory that makes the parts.

I'm looking for a lecture or video I can listen to on an mp3 player while at work. It can be from youtube, but, it has to be about creating and designing logistics systems for the sake of the topic of the thread, engineering games. I'd like to improve my creativity.

Anybody have any suggestions?

just listen to old documentaries or something
youtube.com/channel/UCM-kjdrQge9AACfB3MSRyrg
this has a whole assload of them
alternatively the blond faggot from mythbusters has a youtube channel that's /diy/ tier as fug

Even in the era of CG SF movie have practical limitation. It's extremely costly to shoot anything faking 0G.
When they do try to do something (ex: try to make a ship vertically, here is the Expanse) the result is harder to shoot and the set more costly to build.

IMO I'll give a pass to any artificial gravity if only they started making ship that are 80% engine, equipment and fuel.
Instead of 90% space hotel with large pressurized corridor and wide comfy room for space sex scene.

Good night /egg/

>not allow
but... but what if we don't tell anyone

no jetpack
you have to have helmet open at all times (and each time you respawn you open it anew)
no thrid person

with those 3 rules (2 are world options, but hey):
easy mode=start earth go to moon. you win when you got both moonbase and a ship capable of leaving moon and jumping away
med mode=start alien go to space
hard mode=start mars, go to space
go to space is instead of making moonbase and ship since if you do it once you know how to, so just getting to spess is enuf
spiders, pirates, woofs etc. enabled obviously
airtightness enabled or you can't fulfill second rule

Reminder that the weebs have invaded fugtorio and we should abandon ship while we can

complaining about sharkfin piercing on sharkfin piercing forum on the internet

if you feel like pain: digi's realistic thruster mod and ban gyros

wait a sec I thought this chinese propaganda outlet was was for yak butter discussion

gobby bitte

>abandon ship
or maybe we remove the weeb

Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom/10
>learn game
>find server with good simspeed

friendly reminder

Has hydro stopped being shit?

and the original 66mb 14 minute gif
my.mixtape.moe/aepcpm.gif

Madman

Co-primes are really convenient for delaying solutions. This one has an instruction loop only 7 spaces wide!

But how would it turn?

tonk controls

I have never thought of doing something like this, and to be honest, I can understand why I wouldn't, but in seeing this I can't help but feel both impressed and intrigued
Guess I'm going to be spending a while staring at the wiki page for coprime integers for a while

Top shit, user

>Guy stands there with their massive fucking truck, free-for-all
>Fire two mandrakes of artillery
>He's still standing there
>Massive explosion
"OMG nub play normal"
>Rinse and repeat several times
>They still don't learn to GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY and stop toppling over

E N D L E S S
H O O P S

What?

Bask/egg/ball

1/10 it didnt dunk

Looks like someone's jealous of my alchemsketball skills

Holy shit.

I understand this meme

reaction wheels, monopropellant thrusters, arrays of solid rocket motors.

Destroy a tank for the price of another

That seems like a dumb way to design a ship. if you have artificial gravity, why have all the floors orthogonal to direction of travel? Wouldn't that just increase the weight of the ship since instead of one solid floor and 6-8 less-solid walls/partitions you have 6-8 heavy floors?

in eggspanse the gravity is a result of constant acceleration
you have to suspend disbelief for the magic uberefficent thrusters they use, but other than that: they accelerate with 1g half of the way, 15s 0g during which they rotate 180deg. they decelerate second half of the way with 1g

This is simultaneously infuriating and satisfying
fokken madness

Makes more sense now. Still kind of a weird design now, but justifiable at least

By artificial gravity I meant they just do with gravity no matter what the setting have. Just because it a hella easier to shoot the scene.
The expanse isn't supposed to have artificial gravity or only when accelerating (some ship accelerate so fast they need injection to stay conscious). However because the movie already cost a lot they just pretend that everybody have mag boot.

There's a scene early where they remind of what would happen without gravity.
youtube.com/watch?v=40YVOCtEKnI

Realistically when a ship can accelerate that much, "down" is always toward the engine and so the ship must be built like a skycrapper for acceleration.

>that storm trooper tier aim

>Factorio 2018
>Still not using barrel buffers

Alien Biomes mod, or something else?