Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/U2AD8UHK
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY
Rance X Character Roster:
www8.zippyshare.com/v/wnmC5LKL/file.html

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124
Steve[Monster] SR Mod - mega.nz/#!8ZJDwIBT!Shrq_M_D0pKF4qLBgJvFZAbKmZdEF3pWaaO_8OhEsp0
DARKNESSHERO SR Rance Mod - mega.nz/#F!VloWzD6B!trEkYLMKASDXIYsGdLa8jw

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Winter 2017
Sengoku Rance (English) - Likely 2018
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2018
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
Rance X - 23rd February 2018
Teaser: youtube.com/watch?v=CpMoCuxFIIY
youtube.com/watch?v=QSib3DrdAdA
Imgur with released information
imgur.com/a/GZLe8

RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Donna Donna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

>Upcoming Events
Quiz Project
pastebin.com/v6kuqn4q

Veeky Forums League
Weekend starting December 1st

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4FH8xEQcWnY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone else playing DHR?

First for Lia is a slut

Not at the moment.

Only for Darling~.

Yes. Played a game as Pentagon, but I still need to win as Pencilcow. I'll have to abuse the custom characters I think.

Do you want to get punched in the face?

This is what real rape looks like.

Deserved

Go play Kuro Inu if you just care about mindbreak.

Nah, she just spilled her gogurt all over the place. That's why she looks dead inside.

Reminder that Rance has never and never will mindbreak a girl.

You need to go Magic. There's a lot of clients eager for a meat toilet and you're perfect for that.

Won as leazas (well, just defeated hornet + kayblis factions as them, but the rest is straightforward)

Made some attempts as Pencilcow. They have good starting units but Helman has only male troops so it's hard to recruit. You need to neutral them or it's a waste. Might be best to attack the demon faction right away, actually.

He'll never act romantic toward a girl either.

Rance IX to Shizuka

Off-screen at least.

He's romantic with the easy girls like kenshin and menad.

>literally retconned content
uhhh?

Too late

There is something about Kuro inu's art that sets me off. Maybe it's the way they draw faces. Everyone kind of looks like an ayy, especially the males.

Doesn't count.

It counts.

nuh uh

Are any of Alicesoft's protags more hardcore than Rance? Don't think Rouga and whoever Haruka MC was were that bad. Worst thing they did was the evil route in Haruka.

Yes

What about asterisk?

>Asterisk
>Hardcore
>When he's a gary stue if you look up his lineage and powers.

How do i "sexually harass" monster girls in 01? is there some sort of chip or something like that? i have zero clue about this mechanic/

Why doesn't it count?

It's Gal Monsters, not Monster Girls.
This isn't MGE, otherwise Alicesoft would have done a better job than KC.

>"sexually harass"
>monster girls
wew

I don't think he ever would since he usually doesn't like girls that are too naggy too him when it comes to sex. Just look at Lia, Aoi, Athena, or Emi. When they beg him for sex so much, it just puts him off and annoys him.

then what is this supposed to mean?

Aside from a case of bad grammar? It's still Gal Monsters.

You said he never did and I pointed that he did in one game. You didn't say canonically or something.

I don't even know what a gary stue means. Sounds like something reddit would say or normies on twitter.

Akuji.
Maybe Kakaro too if you count him as a protagonist.
Hatsune is also more hardcore than Rance probably.

Google translated.

im asking what "sexual harassment" means, is it like some sort of attribute and theyre weak to itso they receive more damage?

Gary Stues for JRPG protagonists is the fucking dumbest shit ever.

>Doesn't know gary stu
>Instantly assumes it's reddit
I hate this new generation of faggotry. It's an old ass word used for the male equivilents of MAry Sues.

Not him but it's a numale phrase, was never mentioned until the new reddit generation showed up. Essentially means the character is out of context.

The phrase attempts the male equivalent of mary sue, but fails to take into account the uniquely female nature of mary sues. As such it's usually not stated by anyone but feminists and pseudointellectuals.

You have to go back

It predates Reddit you mongoloid.

maybe it really was always common parlance for the intellectually limp-wristed. Hard to say since nobody cares about what they(you) say.

I noticed you did not deny being from that circle jerk website for brainlets. Please go and stay go.

Its how you get more cgs.

You're really reaching for nothing and trying to push the idea everyone who disagrees with you is from Reddit.
Go back to your containment board.

throw panties at them
alternatively drug them with a syringe

finally an answer, guess its my fault for not knowing moonrunes

thanks dude

The fact that reddit is even mentioned in /hanny/ at all reeks of newfags.

Kids these days.

Newfags throwing Reddit at anything they don't understand shows it's highly probably they are newfags who don't know shit about thread culture and still think it's the other boards/threads.
There's a reason we aren't like /FEG/

Both sides in this argument are new.

You were the one who got triggered about reddit senpai.

And you know I'm right about the idea of a mary sue being connected to her being female.

gary stu is a stupid meme that makes no sense if you think about it for even a moment, which you didn't, and instead go around spurting it because you've heard others say it. It's really the worst.

By all known definitions Rance is a Gary Stu, and yet he does just fine for a story, which shows how absurd the thing is. Stop using it, and start thinking about what you say.

So what's the workflow for creating sprites anyways
I really want to make a Crane one but it feels like it isn't like drawing at all.

>He's STILL reaching and being an idiot who knows nothing of what he speaks
I can tell you've never been to Veeky Forums.

There are tons of spriting tutorials. Serenes Forest (a site for Fire Emblem Fans) has a bunch of them if I remember right.

Which 子 will be the first to get a meal ticket from you?

Right is cuter.

I am also curious. I am guessing you shrink them and then edit the pixels.

Drawing is a mystery to me.

non sequitur

Kibako

Not even him but I grew up playing dnd with a group of friends and I have never been to Veeky Forums. Not really taking any sides in the conversation, but just saying, not being to Veeky Forums doesn't mean shit.

I'm not the guy you're arguing with, but could you just stop? This whole discussion is moronic.

Hate them both.

Apply fanfiction terms for characters to JRPGs is retarded.

Torako.

Holy fuck Rance just beat the shit out of Helman 3 turns in a row and took two territories.

I don't understand how these two seem to have gotten so popular.

Emi was too hardcore M for him, she wanted violence that Rance can't deliver

Torako is a great unit in Quest.

Kumako is really cute

the only thing "uniquely female" about mary sues is that women write most fanfiction, you dumbass

They're fun in quest and both make great smug faces.

They didn't really leave any strong impression in SR.

They barely had any impression in SR, Quest is where their characters get expanded on.

they were cute. which is enough.

The smelly one

Katsuko is not cute.

Look at this face and tell me this boy(girl) is not cute

Worst Uesugi.

Don't engage him. Just ignore him and he'll either conform after seeing we're not /b/, /v/, or the shitty politics board that merely mentioning is a bannable offense, or fuck off.

horrible

Is there a reason why I see a lot of japanese samurai drawn with their sword sheathed upside down?

It's a culture thing, where it's bad for the blade if it's facing down.

Easier to do the Obari pose on pull

What the fuck are they doing?

Drills. These are blocking movements, first is for an overhead stroke (think: pull into obari pose), second is part of the block which stops a lunge, and the third and fourth are for blocking strokes from the left and the right.

So is that stuff I was fed in high school about japanese samurai settling fights with duels actually a pose-off competition between two JoJo-looking motherfuckers?

Also yes.

So, any ideas for a future doodle?

It's mainly to protect the blade when you have to draw the sword quickly and it can easily be adjusted for in your grip and stance despite seeming unnatural. Contrary to popular belief, this was done both in Eastern and Western schools of fencing.

This is Matt Easton. He's a professional Historical European fencing instructor and the founder of an organization called Schola Gladiatora based out of London that seeks to educate and instruct people on serious historical European fencing.

He talks about this exact subject and why the blade was actually drawn in this manner in both Eastern and Western cultures in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=4FH8xEQcWnY

Torako laughing at Katsuko.

young rance holding hands with female warrior

Not some weird dude in his basement obsessed with Japanese culture either. The guy has a degree in Medieval Archaeology and gets invited to international fencing events all over Europe. He's been doing this for 20 years.

I will protect Kaba-chan's smile.

Sill for OTP

No.
Double no.

I see, so it's there to prevent the edge becoming dull. As the guy mentioned in his video, new manufacturing techniques later made obsolete that pull technique.

But he didn't say that it was drawn in that manner in both cultures, what he said is that he found one memo from british instructors in the 1840s saying to either draw directly up or rotate the sword to prevent damaging the blade. It came across to me as a neat thing to mention, far from a claim of standard practice in the west.

Man, he's a manlet isn't he?