/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

Just block it Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on wifi.

May is cute!

Don't forget to block.

May is ugly!

boobeh

Any tips for Pot's Advanced 05? Just can't get the Hammer Fall to combo

Best waifu

>like baiken
>not a waifufag

what do

Continue liking her as usual?

Suicide is always an option.

try just doing a bunch of hammer falls in a row first to get the timing
then doing the combo to hammer fall
pay attention the the timing in the sample

axl is honest

Yeah thats what I'm doing now. Guess its one of those things you gotta grind out

ggs ecpc. Scrap, our match got interrupted, but I'd like some more Elphelt experience another time. Baiken v Elphelt is a pretty fun matchup.

yep, it's not too bad
you can do it user!

GGs guys. It was fun. Doombot and paragon, you guys are pretty good for only a week's worth of playing. With regular play and some diligent practice you'll get those skills up really fast.

ram

I love white Ram

Beautiful.

damn those legs look retarded

GG's for all the matches everyone the ecpc has now closed for the night.

thanks for the matches guys
i really need to get my sol inputs down, i keep doing DP when i try doing super

One thing I did for like the first month when I started was to go into combo mode and do all the "specials" and basic combo missions once or twice at first whenever I went to practice so I could get some work on my general execution and drill all the specials into my memory.

yep, i've been making sure to go through all my combos and specials at least once before i get into a lobby
I think I just get too excited or nervous and start flubbing

Thanks for the kind words and all the advice between matches, was some fun times.
And hey doombot I know that feel, a few of those full field ball sets were me trying to do Dark Angels. I also need to get down punishing your riot stamps and GUROUNDA VIPAs. Thanks for the matches ye two.

That feeling will go away after a while of playing. You guys should try joining the new player tournament on friday. The slightly higher stakes should make regular play seem like a breeze. It's also a lot of fun and a good way to gauge your progress.

Sounds like a plan, and if that's you doomp gratz on making it to grandfinals last tourney.

Thanks man. Wish I could've taken it, but I had a lot of great matches anyway. I don't think I'm going to enter the new player tourneys anymore though, I feel like I'm past the point of being called new considering I'm getting close to 2500 matches and am consistently getting deep into top 8. If I do, I'll see what the organizers have to say about me using a secondary character. I've been meaning to learn a pocket character for a while anyway.

Speaking of matches I racked up 48~ in today's lobby (17 being against doombot), i'm glad i've been hosting em and getting to play against a bunch of different characters consistently. And any ideas on what characters you'd pick up as a secondary?

Actually, no idea yet. I know I want to learn another character, just don't have a clue which one. No one's really clicked with me like Leo did. I tried Johnny for a while but my unga brain is too low IQ for that. I was thinking maybe Sin, Axl, or Millia, but I'd have to spend a while with one to see if I like them.

Just picking a main sorta sucked for me. But, after going through everyone's specials and basic combos in combo mode for the cash, I downloaded a pic of the char select and started crossomg or checking people off left and right for aesthetic, gameplay, or whatever (mostly gameplay). Orange lines were maybes and the weird shapes on ky and pot are cuz paint 3d stopped working and paint didn't have an x stamp. Ram I only really liked apperance wise, those microdash combos and sword sets were too much for me. Somehow between UNGA and high IQ venom won my heart the more I played him, but I do got ideas for secondaries thanks to the chart. Good luck finding someone else to click for you, and if ye pick axl hopefully that means I get another one to practice against that may not have everything fully down yet so I don't get constantly bullied from full screen.

just flying back up to page 1

my legs can't peddle forever and i'm tired goodnight bump /ggg/

Good might /ggg/

Going to bed. Keep it alive /ggg/

I wonder what S-ko's feet smell like

Nothing because she's not of the material world or something

I heard that a lot people are wanting Sol in other fighting games like tekken, cross tag battle, and DBFZ. Any thoughts or opinions on this?

guest characters are stupid. unless its someone like geese howard who actually fits in the universe. someone like akume doesnt fit and neither would sol. especially do not want dbz ruined by that shit.

Well I think it would be cool foemr him to be in dbz.

for him*

>STILL can't join lobbies

Dumb catposter

Butt

God damnit captcha doesn't show up in Firefox anymore and now I posted the lobby in the fucking hentai game general.

Anyway, hosting an eu lobby for an hour or so

b4mr - steam://joinlobby/520440/109775244436738739/76561198018424845

They should make a competitive hentai fighting games, I bet it would sell.

Did you close it already? because i can't find it.

Yeah, nobody joined for like 30 minutes. But if you want to go ahead and make another one I'll join.

Cute!

faust is a weirdo

So /ggg/, what other fighting games do you play? I fool around in Melty and BB sometimes, but it's time consuming enough trying to be competent in one game.

Sorry, i was fucking around in the episode and combo mode.
I wanna learn someone besides Ram but i can't decide yet.

I have a problem with buying fighting games i never play.
SF5 and KoF on the ps4, SF4 on steam, probably a bunch of shit i'm forgetting and guilty gear now.
Although guilty gear is the first i enjoy a lot. I mean i have it for roughly a week and I have about 40 hours. That's way more than what i have in all the other games. Together.

I've played Kof XIII, KI 2013 and MK X, from most played to least played. Rev is the first game I've actually tried to get good at.

Can I ask you why you think that?

Hosting an EU PC lobby
85wl

Feels good getting gud /ggg/

benis

beniss

I just want to lick every part of her body.

Is there any point of going S - c. HS - j. S - j. D > IAD > j. HS > 214S/HS with Millia when you can just do S - c. HS - j. S - j. HS - j. D - jump cancel - j. S - j. D?

nevermind, the first one works on all characters

Slight suggestion to this from someone with a little more experience: you don't really have an idea of these characters until you're doing their advanced combos. The advanced combos aren't necessary and you probably won't be doing them in matches, but you truly see the character's gameplan and capability there. For some characters the basic combos are almost harder than advanced combos, and you end up doing parts of the advanced combos as bnbs in your gameplan. It might be good to revisit some of them in the future because you may enjoy them more when you can execute well. If it were up to me, I'd restructure some of the basics because they don't really show practical things but they need 10 slots to fill for basic and advanced.

I used to try every game a little bit. But I've settled on GG (any) and Arcana Heart 3 as the ones I actually enjoy practicing.

I'm going to hold hands with Faust!!

When will you fuck off

I'm going to make sweet love to Faust tonight.

Faust is a serial killer.

No he's a doctor

Fair enough probably gonna practice doing the advancded combos of my maybe picks when it comes time to find a secondary. For the chart though I wasn't entirely basing my choice off the basic combos and stuff. It was mainly for tiny preferences/character looks such as slayer got marked for having a teleport dash instead of a run and I just don't like how millia looks. Also depended on if I liked there special moves or not and not really thinking deep about things such as gameplan. Pretty much trying to narrow the list as thin as possible to make a choice, because I generally have trouble trying to figure out who I like best. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Baldhead is a serial killer, not Faust. Silly user.

Faust is Dr, Baldhead.

This might sound crazy, but hear me out for a second.

What if Baldhead and Faust were the same person?

where is the proofs

Are you feeling alright?

It's true. I'm Daisuke.

Release robo ky and testament already dumpass

Jam is Testament.

Cute!

>tfw when im starting to finally win matches against online opponents and performing long combos

feels good bros! thanks for all your help

Do you play elphelt?

yep

Y'know that's one of the things I always liked about Faust. He was this impossibly gifted super genius that dedicated his life to use his talents for good because he was just one of those naturally kind hearted people.

But at the same time tragedy, regret, and guilt effect him just like the rest of us. Which is why his good nature ended up snapping under the horrors of the Crusades and his own perceived mistake. He killed hundreds, possibly thousands when he lost his mind and became a serial killer all because his good nature was torturing itself over being pushed beyond the edge. He was able to come to his senses and face his regret and accept that his life was ruined beyond repair. Most would kill themselves when coming to that realization and be done with it, but again, his good nature gave him the courage to not take the easy way out. This developed enough to the point where when faced with the actual people who ruined his life, he was able to spare their lives for the greater good. Even if he knew deep down he just wanted to splatter both Zato and Chronus across the room.

He's a character that has a lot of duality but at the core he's a nice guy that just wants to do the right thing. That was something I've always found pretty admirable about Faust.

So if Faust-user wants to be gay as fuck in these threads for him. All power to him, he found a great guy.

fake news

benissy

tfw all this time you didn't know about the 5P+K trick for kuchinashi

explain

Any Johnny guides?

you can get followups asap from suzuran if you do it as 632145K+x, makes it a lot easier for corner stuff

She is cute until you realize she is just a retarded adult woman with the mind of a 10yo
And all her dialogs are stupid.

>Counter!

She's literally just one of those lolis that are older than they look, nothing special, there's a bunch of those.

Ram

That's a cute ram, i wanna hold her hand .

Really need to get better with her. I'm struggling with most of her advanced combos and generally have problems with inputs.
Any tips in general? Like when i should/could start buffering inputs. Really my first fighting game i'm trying to git gud at.
Also, PS4 Controller VS Wireless XBox360controller VS Steam controller
Which would you choose for a fighting game?