/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/huntinghorn/eternal-music-box
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Correct previous tjread

nth for SIX PALLIUMS

nth for HH is useless

Donuts are part of a healthy breakfast!

>putting greasy ass donuts on your 3ds

Windows for easy groping access.

nth for 194943264 is useless

nth for 194943462 is a big fag who uses objectively garbage weapons

And easy peeks at pantsu

Hip windows!

Mm want a piece of dat

I want to place my dick there.

she's clearly not wearing pantsu though

>nopan with hip windows
>nopan huntresses
MUH

Fuck off

Hey so I'm trying to play Portable 3rd with my bro but when we get into a quest before it finishes loading one of us drops from the game. And it doesn't say disconnected or anything we just don't show up to one another. Is this common? Is there some way to fix it?

your ports aren't open

Have both of you taken turns hosting a quest?

post the webm

Has anyone ever successfully solo hunted Gog with a HH?

Lets hear your own concepts for new styles and weapons

Both very good points, gonna definitely try this tomorrow. I figured I didn't have to port forward as we've played other games using Evolve, but who knows. I didn't let him host, that's a really good idea, though, I should have thought of it. In my defense I'm drunk.

a style that's all about combos with GS

a style uses the SnS shield a lot more to smash monster face in

Eternal Music Box, Dragon Attack +3 + lotsa raw

Had similar issues, solved it by capping the framerate to 5fps whilst loading the quest.

What tunes does it play?

PPSSPP netplay can sometimes work really well but it's also a very finicky thing. It's possible to have rooms where anyone can put up a quest and nobody disconnects at the start of a quest, while other times there's some retarded rituals required or only one person can post quests. I think MHFU is probably a lot less buggier in this regard than P3rd (HD may or may not be responsible), but similar problems exist for both.

I've only had three-man rooms going on the former with Hamachi and two-man at best on the latter using Hunsterverse.

Seregios'

kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/huntinghorn/eternal-music-box

>Blue/Orange

Atk+Def and Stamina songs, of note.

a shield that transforms into a much larger shield

Fistfighting / fist weapons
extremely mobile, decent verticality but not IG levels
high damage output
elemental / status is the way to go
has to wear gunner gear to keep up mobility, even though s/he fights in melee range

was meant to reply to this

When did Navirou evolve?

Jej, I thought the same.

A mace that transforms into a sword and in sword mode it explodes (knocking the hunter back) on contact with the monster
A sword that transforms into a basketball that can be thrown at the monster for a weak explosion
A boomerang that also functions as a onehanded axe, the boomerang steals energy from monsters and the axe turns it into explosions
A onehanded crossbow that you carry two of (dont ask how you reload them), ammo is infinite but you have to melee with it to build up a gauge that makes shots do 50% more damage and explode

t whoever designed GL, SA, CB and IG

>he doesn't know how to reload a crossbow with the hand that's already holding it
:joy_emoji:

Ball and chain, as a fast-ish KO weapon
It could gain speed (and maybe damage?) as you combo swings together without being interrupted
Hold R to spin it around in place (or while moving slowly?) and let go to do a hammer toss for high damage. Or maybe hit X for a straight throw and A for an arcing through like bows.

Maybe after throwing it you could punch shit with your gauntlets, but if you try to run too far away you get slowed down because of the ball dragging behind you (chain is attached to your waist). Press R again to reel it in when you have an opening, Y to yank it straight into the sheathing animation.

There's probably more you can do with it, could be a neat hammer variant.

>he thinks weapon balance will be good in World

oh my fucking god stop

A musket. Fires ammo types made with different mined materials. High single shot damage but has to reload every time. Has a bayonet to double as a spear which attacks similarly to a lance. Can end some combos with a reload. (un)Balanced so there is no reason to ever fire a shot and just becomes a shieldless spear in autismruns.

I like yukumo mittens in Gen because when I go into demon mode they look like boxing gloves

WAKE UP AND GET THE FUCK OFF MY TOWER

IT'S NOT JANUARY 26th YET

A shame FU doesn't have that same light effect with the eyes.

I'm about to play 3U for the first time, is hunting horn good enough that it's a viable choice to focus on solo? i love dooting but solo horn is pretty slow in 4u/gen. if it's decent enough as a solo weapon in 3u i'll probably clear most of the game with HH

All weapons are fine in 3U.

except you are favourite, that one sucks

>All weapons are fine in 3U
SA is overpowered though

Aren't you supposed to be beating up your daughter, Gaijin "Strike 'er Style" Hunter?

Except for bow guns. You have to manually turn the camera around in 3U. It's unplayable like that.

Falcon and pistol
>Shots leave behind marks on the monster
>When you reload, you send out the falcon
>He does a single attack on each mark
>As he attacks at least 35+ hitzones, his ferocity meter will increase, increasing his damage
>At max ferocity you can activate a special move (a dive I guess?) dealing massive damage and completely draining the meter
>Missing, not attacking, or hitting shitzones will cause the meter to drop and he will return to your arm
how gay/10

literally IG

nah m8, no hitting things with stick

Bazelgeuse's design has been leaked boys!!!

a giant axe that works the way the GS was originally supposed to

>psychokinetic monster
>his 'wings' are four giant blades he flings around to attack with
>each blade can be individually destroyed
>resorts to throwing pieces of the environment at you once they're all gone

I haven't been keeping up, have they confirmed if transmog will be a thing for all armor sets, or just the DLC things like that Samurai armor or whatever?

The way it's been stated there are vanity armour slots BUT only certain vanity-only armour can go in them, like the samurai stuff. Weirder still APPARENTLY the Aloy set is an *actual* armour set, not vanity.

We'll have to see when it's actually shown to us, because it sounds weird so far.

huh... that does sound kinda weird.
Well, as long as we get some vanity-only armor sets that can be obtained in game without needing real money then that's fine by me I guess.

I wouldn't mind some of the event armor being vanity, might have a reason to actually wear it then

Transmog is the most pointless thing ever. It has nothing to do with hunting monsters and has no place in the game. I hope Capcom keeps that girly shit out of World.

Sounds alot like tonfa, which I think was created to fill the 'monk' void that the chinese market is so into. Their vertical element looks really sweet.

user, like 50% of the fucking game revolves around crafting cool looking gear, get the fuck over yourself.
Why do you think people who wear clownsuits are (rightfully) ridiculed?

>make perfect armour set
>no reason to ever make other armour sets

>make perfect armour set
>now hunt everything in the game to use as visual replacements
>but can also not do that if you're not into that for some reason

The ONLY argument against transmog is 'muh FEELS wrong' which is a dumb autism to have.

This is definitly one of the better ideas I have seen. Kurusai-gama is definitly up there for me, but this is perhaps an even neater implementation of the idea.

One hammer weilder's chain could count as 4 players slingers interms of monster grappling strength, while the proposed sickle and chain could count as two

I also really like the idea of blocking while holding the big ball.

Weapon specific styles are an infinite well of concepts

so you only want to draw and charge? Sounds terrible desu

When he says "originally" I'm guessing he means "before there was a charge", ie MH1.

He probably meant 1stGen GS which was all draw, no charge
I can get behind the idea.

huh, that sounds pretty neat. Gives me a reason to check out gen1 someday

He means a slow comboing weapon with high damage per hit and large hitboxes to make up for how much the game's system of openings favours either extreme predictive hit n run or rapid light attack dps. Which grows less true each generation as hitboxes gradually become both tighter and more logical and weapon movesets focus less on action commitment.

The angle of that screenshot and the position of the GS makes it look like rathalos textures on an astalos model.

Believe me m8 hitboxes in World are fuckmassive. Anjanath in particular has multiple moves that I guarantee will have you shouting "I WASN'T ANYWHERE NEAR THAT" at your TV in December.

>implying I'm a consolefag
You mean at my monitor in april

But when you say it you'll be referring to the release date.

the hitboxes on Anjanath hipchecks are fucking atrociously wide. If that's how they decided to make monsters "hard" in World, by giving them shitty hitboxes, then I'm gonna be really mildly frustrated.

Respect those hitboxes, son

How could it possibly be worse than 4U? Making the top tiers from that game a bit worse and everything else better will inevitably close the gaps.

Does anyone else feel like base iframes have been increased in World? I've seen lots of demos and videos of people accidentally iframing through roars and shit.

I think that rolling animation didn't actually have a hitbox, since it wasn't a proper attack and that bonegaan was just rolling to change areas.

Also, wider hitboxes just mean more GP into AED counters for me. Unless they're fucked up directional hitboxes that hit you from behind.

That particular roll just slightly missed him.

SA's axe mode was originally literally just original GS but with really fast movement speed and more damage. Then they kept nerfing it.
It's back to some of its former glory in World though.

Really? I haven't. In fact it seems like roars come with no warning whatsoever in World. The monsters just cancel their animations and insta stun you. You sure those roars were actual roars and not just animations that looked like roars? Like, when monsters get out of traps they "roar" but it doesn't stun you.

>fucked up directional hitboxes that hit you from behind.
This shit gets me fucking livid. I still, to this day, can't figure out which way that Lagiacrus bite comes from. You know the one.

I don't think so, I've seen plenty of people trying to iframe through an attack only to get hit right after the iframe period ends. Seems as short as ever.

I know for certain one of the armours available in the demonstration version has a point or two of evasion on it. Maybe they were using that.

Most hitboxes in World are pretty tight, it's just Anjanath whose hitboxes are fucking massive.

>You know the one.
I don't, never had this problem with Lagi. Glavenus' turn-around-bite's hitbox though seems to come from some very weird angle. And, of course, the worst offender is still Rajang's backhop, which hits you from behind if you're facing his back legs.

It was a charm, wasn't it?

Yeah, Anajanath seems to be the only real offender, and with only a handful of moves.

Rajang's spinning punch, too.

Tail spins from some monsters like Gravios or the -bloses clip me around my fucking block like 50% of the time. Basarios is somehow the worst offender.
It feels like a complete guessing game whether they expect you to face the center of the monster or face the direction the tail is coming from on the big wyverns. Luckily tail spins never do much damage, but still.

a charm's basically armour

sh-shut up

this gif makes me upset

it does not loop

What has been done cannot be undone, user. Unless you restart the level I guess.

New Rathalos mantle

Maybe it grants a fuckton of fire resist