/ng/ Nioh General

Teahouse edition

Previous thread: DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk

I'd also like to note, the translation is really bad at times. I don't have any pictures, but a few things are flat out wrong.
Don't assume something isn't working though.
An example is perfect Ki pulsing. The bonus you get changes depending on what stance you're in, such as low stance giving you one dodge that costs no Ki, mid stance making your next block extremely strong, or high stance increasing the attack of your next attack.
Always remember to Ki pulse and Flux! It's the key to success!

I really need to go back to this game soon

Are all player phantoms easy? I killed lvl27 one in the very first mission by simply backing away and blocking if nessesary until he ran out of Ki, then striking, breaking his guard and landing those special moves. AI seems to have no Ki management.

I really hate how enemies in the back can hit you through enemies in front. Trying to fight 2 at a time, circling one, going for the hit when he's open and just getting hit by a scrub that is behind him. This is stupid, at least make it so the enemy takes the damage, too, since the weapon model slices through him.

dead thread dead game

They start out easy like the rest of the game. As mobs level their AI patterns get orders of magnitude more aggressive but stay manageable for the most part.

Wait until your revenants start healing and using quick change scrolls. Fun times.

I haven't played since release so some weapons are new to me. Are Tonfa any good in a new game? They sound alright but I'm leaning towards the odachi.

picked firedog as my summon, can this be changed later?

how rare are Ochako cups for summoning? Was planning on fully cooping with a friend

You'll be fine. You'll unlock a lot more and can get the other starting ones later.
By the time I beat the game, I had well over 170. I never kept track since I didn't summon.

what's the "red cross over armor" icon on the skill learning menu? What about the two crossed swords?

A handsome common drunk

Nioh female character models have low bounties for SFM animation

>Red cross over armor
Skill breaks hyper armor*

>Two crossed swords
*Applies in pvp only

I get how to request a summon
but how do I request specifically a friend? Set a password, but someone else joined

make sure you use as unique password as possible

I mean not sure how to join, dont see an option through the shrine

Any protips for inventory management? Like tips to save time and constant autistic comparison of weapons/armor/items?

The most tiring part of this game even having played it on PS4 is management of all the shit you pick up.

I want to fuku Fuku's fukus

WHY CAN'T I COOP WITH ANYONE
FUCKING KOEI DSAYSADBUYADSHBUADS

Yes but firedog is the best.

Wasn't Sharknado the best one to start with when the game came out?
Ochoko Cups drop from Revenants, so if you kill them often, you'll be swimming in them, so don't worry about that

>can't dodge backwards because the game doesn't have reliable iframes so dodging backwards is completely useless

this is actually fucking stupid, why doesn't the game have iframes?

>this is actually fucking stupid, why doesn't the game have iframes?
it does

if you want to help your friend as a visitor, you have to do it from the mission selection menu

go to the torii gate, there you'll be able to join your friends game with password

maybe an iframe but not in plural lmao

the fuck is this? I played the tutorial and it didnt mention this

why do i sometimes ki-break onis right as I summon them?

I can guarantee that a tutorial mentions that
Try a bit harder

it doesnt

History fag here. I've enjoyed fighting the likes of Tachibana Muneshige, Honda Tadakatsu, Ii Naomasa, Saika Magoichi, Yoshitsugu Otani, Sakon Shima, Mitsunari Ishida, Yasuke, Oda Nobunaga, Date Masamune, Sasaki Kojiro and Sanada Yukimura.

But

>Cannot fight Kato Kiyomasa
>Cannot fight Fukushima Masanori
>Cannot fight Kuroda Nagamasa, even though he is present
>Cannot fight Maeda Toshiie
>Cannot fight Naoe Kanetsugu
>Cannot fight Mori Ranmaru
>Cannot fight one of the Shimazus, even though they are present in Sekigahara battle
>Cannot fight Takenaka Hanbeii
>Cannot fight Todo Takatora
>Cannot fight Yagyu Munemori, even though his father is one of your dojo teacher
>Cannot fight Fuma Kotaro

Shibata Katsuie as a revenant fodder is understandable, but they could've made Takeda Shingen and Yamamoto Kansuke as main story on their own rather than just side-mission battle. And finally :

>Cannot fight motherfucking Toyotomi Hideyoshi himself, even though he could be easily ressurected like Nobunaga. For fucks sake he is already have his own armor set to wear, just give him a sword and make his own boss fight.

It's a shame that KT miss many potential characters fight that can be utilized.

Why is this general so dead? You'd think that since the game came out on PC fucking yesterday there'd be more traffic

>hino enma is difficult!
>telegraphs all attacks except darts
>low damage
>game literally gives you an anti-paralysis charm which lets you tank a dozen of them

Played with Kusarigama, Katana which I really got into, and finally fiddled with dual swords towards the end of my half complete playthrough of vanilla Nioh.

What should I check out? Odachi seems cool but the slower pace of it is kind of aggravating. Beat Hino Enma and have yet to buy a single skill, don't know what I wanna go with so haven't invested in anything!

babs try it for an hour and drop it because it's not dark souls

probably because its 3:10 am in the west coast and it isnt xD RED SPIRIT INVADING gameplay

>xd RED SPIRIT

literally just don't humanity/ember???
i played through all dark souls games and never got invaded because i didn't use a humanity/ember even once. they're an ezmode crutch for baddies anyway because of extra health. the only times i was embered was after bosses, which kindle you after beating them.

>i don't want to lose in a single player game!
>completely avoids an entire game mechanic that would turn a dead game remotely alive just a brief moment

i wonder why people took invading so seriously

@194964810
>game mechanic
>ganking players who are fighting mobs while you are invulnerable to them
literally bullying victim tier

but it's fun, people went full autismo about it for no reason

@194965178
its only fun when you're the one who isn't losing 5 levels worth of souls

oh that's right, it was always me who invaded xD !

>tfw you'll never get indicted again followed by mean words from kids in sensitive state of mind

>indicted
Dumb third world mobile poster

how much more is this game RPG heavy than dark souls?

and is there anything broken like blood beast pellet in bloodborne (i.e. relying on pre-battle buffs etc)

Can't stand shit like that

Welp, finally managed to coop with someone else, and it was with another brazillian
Looks like they restrict who we can coop with, so I guess I'm fucked

>he didn't play the original dark souls

>RPG heavy

i don't know what you exactly mean by that, but if you played diablo 2/path of exile, the loot system and general character gearing is similiar

>relying on pre-battle buffs

you don't have to _rely_ on them but this game is all about that, if you don't do it you're essentially playing the game wrong, but sure by all means, git gud by not relying on them

you get skill points before the tutorial mission actually. Anyway those are skill points and you can use them in the learn skills menu

Why do we see William using Oroboros but never actually get to use it as a guardian spirit?

>beat mission 2
>overall deaths: 197

Jesus fucking christ how

I had 25 deaths by the end of mission 2 and I thought that was sloppy (18 from 1, 2 from London)

>start summoning a spirit

>10 minutes go by
>spirit is summoned

>the first oni we encounter he dies
is it just because theres so many people requesting summon vs people actually joining?

FACT: Not having mouse support on a PC game is not acceptable.

FACT: Playing a game like this without a controler is terrible.

FACT: Just because playing with a mouse is retarded, doesn't make it okay to sell a product that is UNPLAYABLE if you don't have a controller.

FACT: Devs are in the wrong, stop defending them, faggots.

not using elixirs because they are limited and i don't want to run out of them so i fought both onryoki and hino enma at least 50 times before using an elixir for the first time so i would defeat them surely

don't they always get replenished to at least the minimum amount depending on how many green thingies you find?

Cry more third worlder.

heck if i know. i have autism about not using consumables that don't replenish in video games, ever, because i might "need them more" later, so i just don't use them which is why i hate games like the witcher which are balanced expecting you to use oil

pretty sure they do so don't be afraid of using them. it's not like bloodborne where you can end up without any

I bought the game and I'm using an xbox one controller. I'm anything but a third worlder. If you think its acceptable to sell a PC game that doesn't even have the most basic mouse support (Like not even menus jesus christ) you're a retarded fanboy.

it's actually kinda funny because there's a keyboard setup page in the official instructions, which means they've actually thought about people who don't have controllers

Maybe play PC exclusives instead of console ports before you start bitching about having the same options provided to you as those not getting sloppy seconds.

>Sit down for a nice $60 steak
>Waiter brings out the food, tells you to enjoy the meal
>There are no forks
>Sir, how am I meant to eat this?
>He explains you should have bought a fork with you, they don't supply them
This is acceptable.

dont respond to keyboard and mouse shitposters

>Defending shitty ports

>nonsensical food analogy
Mustards are such fat fucks they literally can't go a single second without thinking about food.

Anyone stupid enough to play a port of something rather than what it was originally designed for is a retard. You only have yourself to blame for not getting good exclusives by playing ports instead of exclusives.

What the fuck happened here

mob spawn quests always result in shit like this

>Salty sonynigger upset his shit isn't exclusive anymore
Take your console wars elsewhere, faggot.

How do you kill this bird cunt? I'm like 50/50 dodging her paralysis shit. Everything before her has been a steady difficulty climb, now its like I've hit a wall.

for your own sake don't try to come up with analogies anymore

Spend a few tries trying to learn her moveset instead of desperately trying to kill her.
You can also knock her out of the air and stagger her while she's shooting shit from above, especially after she's thrown it out.

pay attention to the sounds she does before the paralysis shit

dodge left/right (forward if she's on ground and you're greedy) after that sounds she does

1. hit twice in light stance
2. dodge back twice so you're in safe range if she does the multihit charge
3. equip the purp paralysis block charm
4. ???
5. profit

Equip your Anti paralysis needle on the inventory

Never mind, I got lucky and ended up living weaponing her. Look at that fucking life.
I got better at dodging the paralysis scream buts holy shit her speed makes learning that fight fucking hard.

Advise : Be prepare for Lighting-element heavy boss in the next main stage. Lighting-element status effect will make your move slow as fuck

yay

Man this image really makes me think of Wesker from RE5.
>Oroboros will be released into the atmosphere, ensuring complete global saturation

>Cant trade items
well im fucking mad

>Play Nioh for first time
>Turn off subtitles for the authentic William experience
I have no idea what's going on.

you kinda can with revenant trading

Which blessing should you generally use in the early game?

die on purpose near where your friend is playing and they farm your revenant?

p much

except william understands for some reason

>Get to water level
>Fall off a narrow beam trying to collect something and drown
>Respawn at the nearest shrine, fall down the closest drowning hazard and die again in less than 5 seconds

But he does understand, that Nigitama cat thing lets him communicate freely with the nipponese

I gotta ask, I've noticed a few times when a Revenant is clearly out of Ki and staggered, I'm not able to use my grapple. The lock on turns red, but nothing happens when I push Y and most of the time the Revenant immediately attacks me. I'm not even running out of Ki when it happens, does anyone else get this?

you need to hit them while they are red i believe, something like that i.e when you're red and try to dodge/attack you go into the exhausted state
idk im new too

>Beta guide finally removed
To be honest I'm surprised my guide stuck around for so long.

>turn on computer
>can't type anything cause it didn't come with a keyboard
>can't click anything cause no mouse
>can't see cause no monitor

Are you really this retarded?

You can dodge the spin way easier by just going through her actually, which also allows you to commit harder than something so timid as two low stance hits.

I think its this one specific revenant in a twilight mission, he has a tiny stagger window, I tested it out without attacking him and he gets up faster than any other monster I've seen.

There's an effect you can get that reduces the stagger time, it could be that he's recovering way faster than you can start the stab.

Do the Mystic arts (that don't specifically state "with x weapon") apply across the board to other weapons?

1. mouse support when?
2. Is the pvp as laggy and fucking retarded relying on minmaxed meta loadouts like darksouls

>Is the pvp as laggy and fucking retarded relying on minmaxed meta loadouts like darksouls
woo boy, you're in for a rude awakening

no