Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z
Other undubs: pastebin.com/KxsDbkq8

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!bExTRahb!qRKVfagWcuesrETzsOpOAzBCYYZ1C4GmZseNzQqS8NA
EU (complete): a.doko.moe/ystmmt.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

Previous Thread:

>no /sqg/

>trying to etrian
>wanna odyssey
>just fucking cant
i dunno why I had to replay eo2u before eo5 release date fuck me

What's he trying to do with that fist?

Making sure he's prepared in case that girl is an FOE.

Even in bed, F.O.E!

tfw no F.O.E. to keep you warm in bed

Gladiator is too dumb to use the FOE radar. Fitting.

Geez, the 3rd stratum in EOV is really a step up from the previous two. Most of the monsters aren't that amazingly powerful, but they come in such dangerous combos (like having three Spriggans at the back row, all of which can transform and wipe your party ez if you don't take them out ASAP). The Union moves do help though, Tri-Magic is really good for quickly getting rid of a few of the enemies at once, and you can cycle it between two of your spellcasters.

It's like this game doesn't want me to enjoy the fact that my bunny can do sixteen hits in one turn too much.

Ah, hell, I killed Dryad without getting her conditional drop.

Fuck it, I got the level cap raised, I'll come back stronger for the rematch and try again.

Fortress thread!

I just got to to Strat 3, but I'm stuck with my party. Anyways, there was a lot of annoying combos in strat 2 as well, dogs who instakilled everyone with except the tank, moles in the frontline who hid while the backline squirrels did they're oneshot attack.

The moles were pretty tough, yeah, but they got easier as you leveled up and improved your gear. I'm on 13F now and the Spriggans still fuck my shit up if they transform.

just blind the big boi

It amazes me how some people are smart enough that their builds can easily deal with FOEs yet too dumb to figure out the puzzles around them.

spriggans only transform if alone. if you keep 2 alive they'll both just speak weak attacks or blind

>smart
>look up what japanese players did to 2turn the superbosses and emulate that formula
>or just check the skill guide for the biggest numbers

But such strategies are niche use and require a solid understanding of the mechanics involved and lots of preparation.
Dealing with any unknown FOE as soon as you find it requires a solid efficient all-purpose build.

Although I guess they could jsut ask for party composition help until others have refined their party to perfection.

but there's already a FOE above him?

Conditional is only used for botanist ultimate armor so you're not missing anything

lmao 3x9999 hp wraiths
lmao black mist tombstone vice
lmao chain blast hell slash
lmao chain blast chain fencer
lmao pugilist
lmao looking every foe's stats up on gamefags to know which ailments not to use

I still want it for completion's sake.

It's not, you just full bind stuff with chain blast then nuke it with whatever cheesebuild. Or you can just make hyperdefensive party like wraith dance+grave. That's all disregarding the fact V has the weakest foes in the whole series.
So even less reasons to care because in the time it will take to do 4 floors+star devourer+other sidequests dryad will respawn at least once

Yeah, it's just a minor annoyance that I killed her too fast and didn't proc poison.

>wasting turns on dryad
just use formaldehydes

>streamer is level 67
>nearly gets tpk'd twice from 1st stratum mantis of guarding grass
dlc was a mistake

Not until I get the curse damage cond drops.

Those mantises are cool.
>Some enemy hits my Pugilist
>Blood Wrath procs
>Hits the guarding mantis
>Everyone eats 200 damage

>not farning stupefied orbs

No it wasn't, grinding levels in this game is total ass

What's the name of the font used in EOV?

just get good. I didnt touch either dlc once

>get good at grinding
retard

I see the artist made a mistake.

He means copy somebody else's strategy and beat the superboss below level 80.

>favourite girl

More liek ded girl lmao

What level should I be for the Primordiphant? I'm 52 at the moment.

This entire artist was a mistake, like himukai
And how exactly this is related to monsters giving fuckall exp on purpose retard? If anything superboss matters least because you can farm mounting horrrors at this point.

Because as long as you aren't resting and retiring like a retard, you will be around level 80 by the time you reach the superboss.
At no point in the game do you ever need to grind before reaching it. Unless you or your party suck.

What are the advantages of both Pugilists?
Clearly one is suited to single targets and the other is suited for multiple, but which one has the clear advantage over the other? Seems like every class just has a Mastery Class that is just way better than the other.

inb4 the ""fixed"" version starts circulating around instead of the real one.

they have different purposes but impact can reach the damage cap and barrage can't so

>Seems like every class just has a Mastery Class that is just way better than the other
News flash: they don't.

Hm.
Can Barrage also reliably bind people while pushing out damage?

Ah, really? That's good to know. I thought they could transform in group, too.

Do they also transform if there are other enemies around, or is it really only if you leave them for last?

Impact does more damage, barrage is better at inflicting binds.

I take it that people with a healing Shaman eats a lot of food?
Changed out my healer, and I can't make it work.

Yes you do if you don't play with a single fucking party like an autist. And do, memory conch is garbage, 10 levels of difference is too much. This still does nothing with post superboss grinding.

Healing passives were enough for me, even without a tank. It's better with a Rover but it's good enough without one too. Just remember to at least buff something every turn. If TP is a problem put one point into Focus Prayer and spam that. Don't forget Prayer Mastery to reduce TP costs further. Shaman was one of my characters that practically never went out of TP.

Holy Flame = no need for food

I've played with two parties.
All my grinding has consisted of killing two or three of each FOE.

>playing with more than 1 party

She is only at 27, but this is what I was thinking.

Also running two dragoons.

1 point in holy flame and 1 point in invisibility works wonders. No need to use food nor medicas out of combat, maybe just stuff for TP

>every class just has a Mastery Class that is just way better than the other.

But that's just not true. They're just different. Often vastly so, actually. Shield and gun Dragoon play completely different roles. Omnimancer and Elemancer have their advantages (versatile damage + utility vs. raw single-target DPS), Masurao chooses between mitigating damage for itself and the party or focusing on raw offense, Botanist goes for either massive group healing or healing utility + ailments, etc.

While there's probably a few party compositions that are vastly better than others, class balance is fine and each subclass has its merits depending on the rest of your party, there aren't a lot of 'trap' options, especially if you use the skill sim.

Honestly EO V is really good balance-wise, and even random encounters remain interesting. IV had 'trap' options like the Bushi which was only useful as a subclass or as a solo class, or somewhat pointless classes like the Imperial which becomes available way too late. Older games forced you to either make a gathering party or dump multiple skill points into the gather skills, here you only need to spend a few skill points per character on 'exploration' skills, and many even grant stat bonuses which aren't even terrible.

Farmer is the best class

IMO, move points from Gospel to appease spirits.
While I agree that most classes are pretty balanced, some do need a little help, like Warlocks and Harbringers at low level. Some are a little too good like Pugs and Dragoons. Also I wish there was better bind access. You only have two reliable bind classes, Pug and Rover.

>Not playing as a goddamned guild.

Max out Ruinous Prayer already faggot

>just creating a bunch of groups to deal well with everything that the labyrinth has to offer instead of gitting gud with a single group
>not creating a single group and figure out their story and why they are together and shit like a good EO player

You absolutely disgust me and have no sense of adventure and romanticism.

You can forego all of this for the time being. Stick at least one point into Appease Spirits and then put them into mastery (if you aren't going first or are having TP troubles)/gospel/benevolence.

>npc guilds from all EO games are composed by 2 or 3 people at most

You don't have a point

That's true. I do miss binds. The possibility of causing (at least one of the) binds is part of the reason I went for Omnimancer. But Chain Blast makes up for it quite a bit, and it feels more reliable than for example the Dark Hunter's bind skills were. But unfortunately if it does miss, you're screwed for a lot of turns.

Warlocks were fine at low levels, just a bit dull (focus chant + spells 4ever, also amritas when you inevitably run out of TP). As someone who's had both on their party from the beginning I feel like Necros need a lot more help at lower levels because they simply cannot do much at all. Wraiths don't deal much damage, don't have enough HP/Def for Fierce Shield, Flame Bomb will never do the kind of damage a Warlock can do even without Focus Chant, so you're basically stuck alternating between summoning wraiths when needed and casting Poison Bomb. Then when they get their second class they can suddenly do crazy shit like countering for like 600 damage per turn (which also doesn't go to waste if the enemy dies because it gets redirected) or go for Zombie Powder/Fair Trade memes.

>maxing ruinous prayer

Poison bomb is a good enough trick for the early game. It's strong enough to pretty much autowin a random encounter. The damage is even significant enough for bosses/FOEs early on.

What else is the Shaman gonna do other than that plus Oracle Spam

I've read that the QR code of the demo are region locked, what about the full game ? Just in case they are, mine is EU.

Still region locked.
There are more in the OP if you are getting sick of Conrad.

I'm really disappointed in this branch of skills. While they're all pretty good in theory, thanks to Dance Oracle's setup, you pretty much never have buff slots for them.

Yeah, I know. Problem is that I also have a Botanist, so I'm inclined to cast Poison Smoke first to lower the enemy's resistance to poison damage and allow me to trigger Smokeblight, but I also have to pray that the actual ailment doesn't trigger as that gives me lower damage.

Dang, I should start scanning some QR codes. Conrad is fucking everywhere. It wouldn't be so annoying if if his introduction wasn't always the same, as if I haven't seen him a million times already.

>You see an adventurer. He is a fencer, known as
>Conrad, of the
>Freeblade guild.

It's the spacing and the phrasing.

Yes

I think they should have all been in the bottom left and dance oracle exclusive to punisher
you get the best of both worlds a bit too easily with herald

there's literally no reason ever to waste a skillpoint on a whopping 1 turn of duration

More turns for Oracle

Its here! Its finally here! Arrived today, one day earlier than predicted.

I dont want to sound like some brat or anything but couldnt that "artbook" be a little bit... bigger?

Im happy anyway!

You did it bro! Your Odyssey continues.
EU?

Aye.

Now I have to figure out where to put the box... I wold rather want both EO IV and V exposed.

I got the same one, but I thought there would be a music cd and some other stuff as well.

Wait a sec... You're the Polebro!

Finally, user.
Have fun!

Music was only for US pre-orders, EU only get the (tiny) artbook. Here is 7th Dragon III bonus artbook to compare.

I'm glad I imported my artbook straight from japan. I can't read shit but at least it has art in it

Yeah, I am. Thanks for believing in me!

Thank you!

dumb kurwaposter

Dont bully, please. Also, its not nice to call somebody else a whore.

>not being a monster

wew such a big artbook for such a shit """""""""game"""""""""

7th Dragon III was not that bad, user. True, it was more linear jRPG than mix of EO with jRPGs like first game but it was fun to play anyway.

You were warned: the "artbook" is nothing but a stingy compilation of scraps of the actual artbook to bait more early buyers it's so compressed they didn't even put a single word about the concepts for herbalist and shaman
Considering this thing is basically of the same magnitude as the instruction booklets of yore, the ethical thing to do would be to include it with every copy of the game, not just first press.

But of course, if they did that they would lose on day-1 sales.

sleepy a cute

Yes it was even worse than shit actually, no wonder it leaked fucking 2 months before release

It's not even that big. That shit is about A5-size. An actual art book has twice the size (and probably 6 times the pages).