PlayStation Vita General 3131 - Remake Edition

Previous Thread: >Vitagen Website (News, Translations, Guides, Wikis and more)
vitageneral.com

==========================================

>Utawarerumono remake announced
gematsu.com/2017/11/utawarerumono-remake-announced-ps

>A Certain Magical Virtual-On adds Lessar and Cypher
gematsu.com/2017/11/certain-magical-virtual-adds-lessa

>Steins;Gate Elite launches March 15 in Japan
gematsu.com/2017/11/steinsgate-elite-launches-m

>Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate launches March 29 in Japan
gematsu.com/2017/11/wrong-try-pick-girls-dungeon-infinite-combate-launches-ma

>VA-11 Hall-A launches November 14 in North America
gematsu.com/2017/11/va-11-hall-ps-vita-launches-novem

>Gintama Rumble details characters
gematsu.com/2017/11/gintama-rumble-details-isao-k

>Gintama Rumble third Japanese TV spot
youtu.be/0vQ1RUUwgaQ

>You Can Now Use Playstation Trophies to Earn PSN Credit
dualshockers.com/free-money-psn-playstation

>Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Is Getting New Character DLC
dualshockers.com/shantae-half-genie-hero-new

>NISA Gives New Localization Update for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
dualshockers.com/ys-viii-lacrimosa-dana-localization-up

==========================================

>PS+ FAQ
support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2034

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

>PS Store Updates
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store-update/

>PS Store Weekly Sale
(US) psprices.com/region-us/discounts?sort=date&platform=PSVita
(EU) psprices.com/region-gb/discounts?sort=date&platform=PSVita

>PSN Friends List
friends.vitageneral.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DNIbrQPoNHA
youtube.com/watch?v=xSNwzy0-0tQ
okakinako.hatenadiary.jp/entry/2017/09/18/163733
okakinako.hatenadiary.jp/entry/2017/09/14/195233
okakinako.hatenadiary.jp/entry/2017/09/12/180325
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let us celebrate the death of the Utawarerumono series with a bad rock cover from inferior White Album 2 choice

youtube.com/watch?v=DNIbrQPoNHA

It can't be helped

Now that Vita is nearing it's twilight days, let's share some stories relating to Vita we might have from our real lives, outside the actual games.

Have you ever met an industry person who was actively taking part in Vita development?

Rogue Legacy is on sale right now, is it good, boys?

Media Create Sales: Week 44, 2017 (Oct 30 - Nov 05)

15./11. [PS4] Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary (Square Enix) {2017.10.19} (¥7.800) - 4.858 / 56.520 (-49%)

It's almost time vitagen

No

My best Vita moment was when they announced the Vita 2 at PSX

I have some questions about Oreshika post game, if there's anyone that can answer I would appreciate it.

If my town plots are all occupied, is there any way for me to demolish them apart from waiting for disasters to randomly tear them down?

What is the oni shrine icon in my town's investment section?

I read that if I beat Tan 3 times with an onmyouji he'll become a shikigami. Do the 3 times need to be with the same Onmyouji?

>It's almost time vitagen
youtube.com/watch?v=xSNwzy0-0tQ

>let's share some stories relating to Vita we might have from our real lives
I've only met a fellow vita owner once in my life. It was at college and he was playing God Eater Burst, we talked for a bit and I remember saying "I hope they bring over God Eater 2". So many years passed since then but we eventually got it. I still wonder if he ever got the chance to buy it

>announced the Vita 2 at PSX
Are you for the future?

I don't know why, but I got a warm, fuzzy feeling inside when I read this. Thanks for sharing it, user.

I think that's me. fuck.

Three days of no sleeping playing and having fun with Demon Gaze. Those different feelings I had during those three days will be forever in my heart as a person who plays video games.

>I think that's me. fuck.
Unless you're from Puerto Rico and study at the UPRRP no.

Why does Mikazuchi have a pre-planned speech and pose for using his Akuruka even though you just need to clear your mind?

because he has chuunibyou

Because it's "cool" to chant prayers to summon power.

Please respond. I know a lot of you had Oreshika.

He's a showoff, it's why his shirt has a slit to show the abs even in a cold climate.

And what better time to let out a chunni battle cry than when people will be too distracted by the ultra-violence you're about to inflict to call you on it?

I had it yeah but I never finished it.

I dropped it at the second item. Shit was tedious and unsatisfying.

I'm responding but I don't know the answer. Please understand.

So what is it about Demon Gaze that has people praising it over something like Moe Chronicles, Moe Crystal, Stranger of Sword City, and Operation Abyss/Babel? I mean, I played SoSC, and even though it unquestionably has better art and maybe music, I ended up enjoying Demon Gaze more. What went so right?

I thought so at first but eventually I got into the groove and started having fun building up my clan's strength and finding the most efficient way to breed strong children. It gets a lot more fun once you unlock more festivals and it becomes easier to get massive amounts of devotion from tourneys.

It was one of the first vita drpgs localized, that's it.

Because he's cool, the better question is why don't you

It came out in a right place in a right time. It really isn't bad, has a pretty interesting story and the dungeons are good as well. Personally it's above Moe Chronicle for me, but I'm still fairly inexperienced with DRPGs as I've only played Moe Chronicle, DT2, DG and part of MeiQ. Bought many of them but haven't had the chance to actually get into them. DG2 I'm planning to play when I get it so that's that. And will play Mary Skelter as well when I have time.

You know you'd gesticulate while giving dramatic monologues too if you had superpowers.
Me, I have all the soul crush dialogue from Valkyrie Profile memorised; I'd lose sleep penning cool incantations and battle cries to psyche out my enemies.

because he is a candy seller

it's cool when you think about it, but it's cheesy and awful when you try it in public

I remember when the Vita came out and my best friend at the time was hyped for it while I didn't really care for it or the 3DS. I ended up with a 3DS as a gift and my friend was obsessing over the Vitamin, talking about how it was going to end up an underground sort of system with obscure games and stuff and a cult fanbase, I humored him and he made me interested in the handheld.
Fast forward many years later, my former best friend is dead to me, my childhood dog is dead, I'm done with high school and have a job, and I ended up buying a used Vita early in the year and I've been collecting games and playing it a lot over the year.

Of course it's fucking terrible since there's no honour or magic to real life combat.
In reality you're just a rank-and-file grunt that charges into a firefight, gets hit by a stray bullet, and you either die from the hemorrhaging or spend the next few years in hospital/physical therapy. And that's if you don't just take a bullet to the head or chest from a sniper and die pointlessly. Even back in the day you'd just be a peasant with a pointy stick getting murdered by a noble with armor or an archer 100m away.

But I'm envisioning a scenario wherein there's sportsmanship, and rules to level the playing field against cheap tactics. Hell, if I had the money I'd set up a fighting tournament where you have regular kicks, punches, and whatnot, but you'd have contestants register combos and "supermoves" beforehand with the referees. During a fight you'd get like $1 for every standard attack landed on your opponent, but like $1000 for landing a supermove; providing incentive to try out some whackadoo shit in order to make money.

I was dangerously this week suicidal before they announced the Uta remake plus 4 other projects.

Your friend sounded like a better Vitagenner than you.

We ended up with the wrong person.

He doesn't play video games anymore.

did he kill your dog?

learn to forgive

A so oni shrines supposedly add more dungeons to your territory. That's nice, I wonder what's the limit of dungeons you can have.

No, dog died because he was old and sick, I just mentioned it because so much has happened.
My friend ignored me and only used me for his benefit when no one else would hang out with him or if he needed something from me.
He was always really cold, even when he tried to act like he was doing something nice for me.

To reply to my own post, I actually met an industry person once. About two years ago, my city's game development premises were visited by ZeroDiv, the company behind Class of Heroes, Mind Zero and assisting with Curry Loli. Back when the thing was announced I didn't realize it was them who were coming over, but as soon as I saw their presentation slides, I knew who they were.

They were mostly talking about the current mobile side of things, obviously, but they had some really adorable-looking Class of Heroes spinoff games on older mobile phones, like a volleyball spinoff game. They also briefly mentioned Vita in their presentation, but not much anything more than "we've done some PSP and Vita stuff", probably because so few people over there actually cared about the handheld stuff, sadly. But I was overjoyed by the fact that I got to see at least something related to handhelds in this kind of setting, which is usually filled with guys making free-to-play drivel and being proud of it.

After their presentation was over, I hesitated a little bit, but after thinking this might be my only chance to talk to anyone from Japan who has done stuff for handhelds, I decided to head over to them. I saw Takayuki Harakami, the producer of Mind Zero, and apparently a translator alongside him. They noticed me, and after initiating a full-on spaghetti sequence, I managed to thank them for their presentation and for their work for PSP and Vita, saying that even on this side of the world there are people who care about those games, as well. The translator apparently got what I was saying, and Harakami-san said to me:
>"Thank yu fo you kind words."
I thanked him back once more, bowed a little, and left to the main hall.

(continues)

>My friend ignored me and only used me for his benefit
I had one like that, too. Pretended to be in need of a help, supposedly neglected by family and friends, and constant lack of money. Turned out he's been lying to get attention. Stopped talking to him when I found out. So much time wasted on helping him with various things only to get backstabbed when I needed it. He even got a vita at one point, but didn't play with me.
Now, vitagen is all I have. At least vitagen won't ruse me, right?

Is Demon Gaze 2 difficulty the same as 1?

I'm too lazy to bother maintaining relationships with people. I've allowed any sort of friendship I had during highschool to disolve solely because I couldn't put any effort into keeping in touch.

I'm sorry to hear, I would never ruse you...hey, did you know if you post your social security and/or credit card numbers, they automatically get censored?
Check it out!
Cool huh? try it out!

After the provided lunch was given to the attendees, I sat down on one of the benches to eat my sandwich when I suddenly noticed Harakami-san walking over to me. I stood up, and I noticed he was handing me their presentation slides, and in between them there was a sealed Japanese copy of Mind Zero. I looked at Harakami-san and he said:
>"A pwesent!"
After standing there for a few seconds like a moron, I went into full arigatou gozaimasu mode. He seemed pretty amused by my reaction, and went back to his group of people. I never expected anything like that to happen, much less in the city I'm living in. It was really an awesome moment.

Then I eventually played Mind Zero and realized why he was happy to give me a free copy, hahaha.

Pic related, those are the presentation slides and the game he gave to me.

I guess you tried?
Still got a very few that I can call actual friends, but vitagen is truly selfless.

Thanks user for sharing the story. You from northern Europe, right? Ended up in any of the big mobile shit makers?

I'm jelaous of that situation, but then again I dislike leaving home for places where there's a gathering of many people like press conference or other kind of presentation.
Thanks for sharing these moments, user.

Yep, northern Europe. Not employed in any of those kinds of companies. I've been doing some stuff lately near them, but I doubt they would want to employ me after hearing me talk about the business side of things. I was that user in the beginning of this year who tried to pitch a game concept for Vita, and failed.
This was actually something I wanted to share with you guys for a long time, but I was just waiting the appropriate time. I'm glad you liked it.

Yeah, I remember you. I do agree that the high end mobile market is pretty disgusting. And I'm supposed to be happy when they bring all that tax money to here? Man, if people understood the tactics behind those mobile games.

Dengeki Playstation #650

Utawarerumono Remake, 4 pages.

Thanks

Famitsu version, also 4 pages.

The interview.

Toaru Virtual on, 4 pages.

Yeah no problem.

The new character. Looks like there will also be an original story.

Worst index

Go play Oreshika again vitagen. I want to use your children as breeding stallions/mares.

BECAUSE I WANT TO FUCK FRAN

Dengeki Nep no Kai vol. 69

Very good. Interesting how they're driving home the Yuzuha/Kuon relation.

Remove

This is probably kinda cringey but whatever.
When I first played Oreshika I named the first three characters as me and my two friends, then I played the game trying to do things the way I thought they would if they were in those situations. After we got our children, with some imagination, and what little flavor the game gives you (such as Kochin's comments, their hobbies/mottos/etc in their profiles, stats, last words, etc) I made my own headcanon of the personalities and interactions among the clan members.
I imagined scenes and conversations, how they felt after the death of others or after certain events and how it affected them, how they handled studying and training, how they treated their parents and children, how they decided the next head of the clan and how each of them felt about it, and so on.

I played the game always having in mind all this, making choices after how I thought the characters would act rather than playing the game in a way that would actually make things better, it made it way more fun and challenging this way though.

I let my two friends name their children, and told them about the adventures they we had. They were really into it, sometimes I got their input on how should things go down.
"It's likely you won't live for more than another month, would you like to go on one last adventure, or would you rather stay with your kid?"
"I would love to go for another adventure, but no, my son is the future, I will stay teaching him all I know for the greater good of the clan!"

I kept telling them about their children and grandchildren, and about all these dumb scenes I pictured while playing, and they were genuinely enjoying hearing about it all, every once in a while they asked how was the clan doing and if there was any interesting story I could share about their great grandchildren and so on.

I love games that leave space for imagination, Oreshika was great, not only for that, but it made the game all that much better to me.

What Uni is doing?

VA-11 Hall-A, 2 pages.

Guess they still remember it. There's an interview on top right, apparently they are getting good vibes from the elevens on twitter.

Atelier Lydie & Suelle, 6 pages.

The top part is "Onee-chan daisuki".
Bottom right 言えない= can't say it.

That Skeleton is the best looking Atelier in ages.

I get what you mean. I also sometimes imagine the interactions between clan members.

That's a few days earlier than what I'm used to! I was supposed to ask "Nepnokai when" as soon as you started dumping!

Hmm but this is the usual time though, every 14 days. Occasionally they skip a week but I think none recently.

That was actually really awesome, in my opinion. Reaching that level of immersion with a game makes for great memories after you've moved on. There's a certain strength in games that don't go around telling and showing you everything, you can imagine those spots the way you want them to, especially with games that have character creation with enough player input, or in case of Oreshika, an entire game mechanic around character "creation" based on player's decisions.

I also named the three initial guys as myself and my two friends. It sucked to see how my line of family ended almost immediately, while one of my friends' family trees ended up taking over the whole thing. Also, taking those older characters on their last legs to one final dungeon trip was always kind of heartfelt.

Oops, I meant 28 days.

Occultic;Nine, 4 pages.

Oh okay. I had deduced it was "sometime after the 10th of every month"

Thanks for the scans

Whatever romance endings this game will have will be a bit awkward with the two of them.

So is Oreshika good now? I thought the meme was that it was shit.

I'm looking for a good dungeon crawler for the Vita and have noticed that every review and recommendation hardly touches on enemy variety.
I almost picked up DT2 until I noticed that a huge number of the enemies are pieces of fruit and animals with lazy pallette swaps.

Which of the Vita Dungeon crawlers actually has a decent variety of enemies that are well designed? Doesn't have to be grimdark, just not flat and lazy.

As of now I'm looking at Mary Skelter or DG.

Yeah something like that. Dengeki Playstation is twice a month, and Nep no Kai is every even issue. It releases every 2 weeks, hence 28 days.

Occasionally it skips one week. I think that's when the month would have 3 issues, or something like that.

Otherwise it's very predictable. The magazines always come out on thursdays. I think that might be due to Japan seemingly preferring to release things on thursdays.

Unfortunately none of them really have variety. Mary Skelter recolors enemies within the first dungeon and demon gaze uses the same enemies as every other experience drpg

DT2 might has some shitty enemies, but the gameplay is really solid. you should atleast try the demo if you are a fan of the genre.

Last one.

Our World is Ended, 6 pages.

I don't know about Mind Zero but almost every other crawler has pallete swaps.

The only exception is probably The Lost Child, I don't seem to recall much pallete swaps, if any. I'd say the monster design is one of the better ones.

Does Coven have good enemy design variety?

Thanks, Lost Child could be interesting, is it any good?

Im too fussy a person to look past bad art, I literally cannot stand cheap/bad production values, so I'd rather play Mary Skelter over DT2 anyway. I don't deny that it might be the better game mechanically though.

That's a shame, but I think I'm leaning towards Mary Skelter or DG in terms of having more polished art anyway

And the game play and story are pretty good too. However the implementation is kinda substandard.

Dt2s art is pretty polished in my opinion though. Lots of different enemies as well but yeah, recolors are common as well.

>taking those older characters on their last legs to one final dungeon trip was always kind of heartfelt.

Yeah, especially when they have their last breath as soon as they return to the village, they gave it their all, pushed their limits to go through that last adventure.

Good point, Coven's enemy design is pretty good as well. Only a tiny bit of pallete swap I think. Not localized yet but I should have mentioned it as well.

A good thing about Coven is every dungeon has a theme and they make NPCs, a side story and enemies fitting that theme.

Repeating myself but here:
>And the game play and story are pretty good too. However the implementation is kinda substandard.
For the latter, I'm talking about poor looking UI, a bit of load time and occasional sluggish framerates.

The game balance also feels a bit off to me, but maybe not for you. Normal is a bit easy but hard is pretty damn tough.

Also, below are some examples of the monsters.
Each monster has 3 forms (you can evolve), so they actually change their looks a bit over the entire game. These are their final forms.

Angels:
okakinako.hatenadiary.jp/entry/2017/09/18/163733

Devils:
okakinako.hatenadiary.jp/entry/2017/09/14/195233

Fallen Angels:
okakinako.hatenadiary.jp/entry/2017/09/12/180325

nice