/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1043 - Infinite Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=65755320
youtube.com/watch?v=dBtB3nzdhhw
twitter.com/ESRBRatings/status/922855779367088128
youtu.be/uvFf1wMVZwQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through .

WEAK (and pathetic too, lmao)

First for Infinite is weak.
WEAK

kissu

Why is Sonic Lost World so underrated? Is it because it was a Wii U exclusive at the time so people were mad Bayonetta 2 style?

>there's loads of people in the cells, cheering Sonic on against Zavok in the background
Oh shit, that's kinda cool

i want to bully infinite!

Reposting from previous one

Poor Silver, he was slower than a weak jackal

Who's this cutie?

Cute Sloth

Sage

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

>No doujin of infinite raping sonic
Here you go friend.
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=65755320

>Sonic Forces is going to have a 50% Metacritic score
How did it go so wrong?

Mixed game gets mixed reviews. I think a 50 is way too fucking low, but it comes as no surprise that the game's reception is incredibly mixed when it's a mixed bag of a game.

That being said, user reviews seems to be more positive.

previous zone -

>can't decide if avatar should have glasses or not
Is this what my life has become?

Welcome to the Sonic Fanbase.

Wasting time with classic sonic levels instead of more avatar/modern sonic levels.

If we had more moments like metropolis and less time with bland throwbacks we'd have a more interesting game.

so sonic is dead now right?

with forces being a complete fucking failure either the entire sonic team needs to get fired and nintendo BOTW team need to be hired to do an open world sonic or sonic is dead

kinda
mania brought in some fresh air and hope
so you could say the direction of the video game series is uncertain right now

>sonic forces
>a failure

That's a funny joke user.

>eggman stealing all the husbandos
Will someone stop him?

>sonic is dead
>Thinking a mediocre game will kill Sonic when two utter failures in 06 & RoL, SEGA getting BTFO out of the console market, the original producer of the series leaving SEGA & many other incidents didn't
>Thinking Sonic Team is more than just a name SEGA slapped onto who makes a Sonic game
Why do people keep saying dumb things about Sonic?

Considering that it's now common knowledge that the level design of this game are made by complete newbies, that raises the question. Would Forces have been better if the level design team from Unleashed and Generations was working on it instead?

user, Sonic will never die.
If complete catastrophes like 06 and Boom didnt kill him then nothing will.

But Sonic died in 06?

Come on user. Beep beeps are for shadouge. You gotta find your own name for your ship.

Stop your wishful thinking, faggot.

Well yeah, no doubt about it. These guys had no experience making Sonic games & it really showed. I don't mind having rookies gain experience working on Sonic games, but you don't put the on your major next-gene title & have them be the only level designers for the game (not counting Kishimoto).

From this point, "WOO FEELIN' GOOD!" is best ship Sonamy.

Why would you let literally whos make your comeback game though?
What was Sonic team tinking?

What happened to the Unleashed/Generations level design team?

This

>beep beeps
>permavirgins
Sonamy definitely needs a name too desu

I may be wrong, but wasn't Unleashed levels designed by new blood fresh out of college? My guess is they wanted to do something similar to that, but they didn't have the proper direction needed to pull it off.

The Gens director was sent to do the Mario & Sonic game. Don't know what happened to the others, since none of them came back for Forces.

Sonamy is called canon.

Stop saying they had no experience. One of the guys was a designer on Shadow of the Colossus.

No one's saying they've never made a video game before. People are saying that they've never made a Sonic game before.

True. They are the canon rats after all.

>0.01%
Any reason to get excited or am I basically done with the game?

>That Maria portrait
Where did they get that?

Shadow painted it. He'd probably be good at art, he's a troubled soul.

Guys.

I found the "crack"... I think.

This will work?
youtube.com/watch?v=dBtB3nzdhhw

No. People don't realize level design isn't the reason they like Generations. If we were to swap the level designs of the two games they'd still have the same complaints, because they aren't really all that different.

>Red Gate Bridge
I too am a fan of Epona's Song.

>topless Sage
Oh my lord!

Lets see those custom avatars

So is the special costume pack (the one with Joker and Monkey Ball etc.) available on thr Seitch version? I've seen it available on XBOX and PS4 for free...

>because they aren't really all that different.
Some of them are, especially Classic Sonic's. Not to mention Generation's levels were a bit longer, even if you speedrun.
But sure. Swapping them wouldn't fix Forces' terrible Classic physics and Modern's slippy yet in boost stiff control with a fucked up jump controls on Modern and Avatar.

sonic and linear 3d does not work

you need to get a team that can do open world games to do an open world sonic game

imagine running halfway around the planet with zone transitions that brings in missions, exploration, speed sections, platforming etc

you could relive the old games going from zone to zone in real time transitions

it would be amazing and is what sonic should have done in the first place

Yes

Do we have a compilation of all hat items? I wanna see all hair pieces, if possible.

Is there any indication of how well Forces is doing sales wise?

It's a best-seller on Steam.

It was a top 5 best seller on Steam yesterday. Now I think it's settled into the top 10, with 65% of the reviews being positive.

What Sega franchise(s) do you wished to come back?
For me, it’s Super Monkey Ball

so the reviews are coming in and it looks like an average of around 50 - 55

boost games are dead. thank fuck for that

go make an openworld 3d game now PLEASE

>That being said, user reviews seems to be more positive.
This is fucking pathetic , did you ever read those reviews?

I hope Sega rips your ass wide open.

>go make an openworld 3d game now PLEASE
God no. We need Unleashed mixed with Adventure style and no (long) 2D sections.

The one on the gamecube was really fun

As long as it is not Sonic Adventure 2 levels of bad and just polishes what made SA1 good then I agree.

They were. The second one is my favorite.

The gameplays were downgrades to the original, but SA2 wasn’t that bad. Not that I’m disagreeing with you or anything.

Whoops. Meant for

Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis (GBA - 2006) got a physical release and Sonic Mania (PC, Switch, Xbox One, PS4 - 2017) did not.

At least Omega had a side plot

An Openworld 3D Sonic would be interesting, but I really wouldn't care if it wasn't the next Sonic title. Just give me something fun to play & I'll be happy like with Forces

>50 on Metacritic

Goodbye, Sonic's friends that aren't Tails.

Farewell, stories that take themselves seriously.

So long, Sonic's reputation

>Check the User Scores
>Filled with 0s tied to shitposts

Is there any moderation on Metacritic's user scores at all?

twitter.com/ESRBRatings/status/922855779367088128

Capital City's theme is pretty rad.

55 on Switch & 53 on PS4 from 6-7 critics. In regards to user scores, the PC is at 7.5/10, 7.5 on PS4, 6.9 on Switch & 7.7 on Xbox One. It's just purely mixed in terms of reviews.

It really doesn't need one. 90% of all user scores are 0s or 10s, therefore the user score is basically the ratio of people who like it, and it balances out in the end.

>youtu.be/uvFf1wMVZwQ
>youtu.be/uvFf1wMVZwQ

EVEN CHRIS-CHAN HATES IT.

IT'S OVER GUYS. SONIC IS TRULY DEAD IF EVEN FUCKING CHRIS HATES IT.

also can someone update the forces one to include that out of place leaked furrymon. take out the OCLycanroc.

Huh?

Slow day, huh?

Wasn't this already clarified to be the collectors edition?

>Chris Chan hates a Sonic game
He's just mad that he can't make Sonichu

>Sanic iz ded guiz XD.
I came here expecting better shitposting

>Mad he can't make Sonichu
Lel

At least people aren't taking the bait that keeps being posted.

Slow /sthg/ is a good /sthg/.

Well what else can you shitpost when Forces only got a "meh" from critics?

Meh is sometimes worse than bad.
People still talk about 06 to this day while barely anyone remembers 4 even exists

>Nintendo switch only

I wonder how was Sonic tortured for months. One would thought Eggman had some ghoulish surprise prepared forma him.

No it's not. Sonic 4 came & went & is barely remembered, while Sonic 2006 is used as the crowning example as to why Sonic sucks, was never good & yadda yadda yadda.

He read Sonic Sonadow fanfics for months.

Is anyone going to bother getting all the collectibles in the game? What do they even do?

made Sonic go into a world where everything is slow motion for 6 months. those 6 months were probably centuries

Sonic had to look at every single fanart of him.

In regard to this series, when people are dying to see when it will fuck up next? Meh is absolutely much better than bad.

>Is anyone going to bother getting all the collectibles in the game?

Working on it. Muh cheevos.

Unlock more Avatar clothes & achievements.

Why not make it a collectathon?

You know, that would explain Sonic's nearly instant reaction to "Sonadow". Poor rat probably still have flashbacks of those 6 months

>Downloads Sonic Forces
>Looks in savedata folder
>No GraphicsConfig file

We need pics of Commander Knuckles leading his army to certain d...Víctor y.