/cwg/ Classic WoW General

>What is this?
Blizzard announced legacy servers, as we wanted them, at Blizzcon 2017.

>Where can I learn more?
There's not much info out right now, other than development has started - and that it'll stay true to the original experience.

Plausible Tom Chilton conspiracy below:
>After working on World of Warcraft from its alpha in 2004 to the release of Legion, in late 2016 Chilton announced that he would be leaving the team to "[focus] on another project within the company".
note: Blizzard said only one person was working on this until announcement so don't expect quick release

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-04-wow-classic-blizzard-answers-some-of-the-big-questions
streamable.com/mquub
streamable.com/ybhrl
streamable.com/hvzj4
streamable.com/iknlu
streamable.com/dln2u
streamable.com/0u8g7
streamable.com/op4eg
youtube.com/watch?v=k_0DiwlyON4
youtube.com/watch?v=Qas9vDLW__c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FIRST FOR FUCK EARWEN

first for banning retailshitters

guys this shit isnt even coming out for a year at least

stop making threads

>No. Your tank would be one shot...
I never said it would go well, just that you can go in. And the healers and dps definitely can be in leveling greens.
Not that it matters, because farming up a set of blues takes negligible time.

Which update should we shill first once the game hits. What aspect should we focus on for 1.13?
I was thinking about going for multiple variations of tier sets for each spec.

This is a long shot but anyone here from a guild called night watch or something from feenix in late 2011 and 2012? Assguard and azorijus come to mind. Forgot the guild leaders name. I miss them.

I know, I'm so hyped for it. I'm worried that it will take so long to come out, I will lose hype.

Release by Christmas confirmed

ready for classic wow, kappa 4head edition?

source faggot

>I never said it would go well, just that you can go in.

I have never seen a rank 14 druid or warlock

rag will be dead 7 days after launch

>implying anyone here will be having kids
half of the vanilla players here are genetic dead-end trannies

mengwangdinglingdongkingkong
literally first character on horde to get r14 was lock

no one cares about unrealistic private servers

>tfw pserver kiddies think they will be special snowflake oldfags on classic, but then they get btfo by retailbulls
lmao. It's going to be great.

>the classic wow mods are nothing but misfits
not surprised

Reddit was a mistake.

>Approximately 1 rage for every 30 damage instead of 1 rage for ever 31 like it should be. Other example for dps but this is all on google...
Is this the thread where someone copypasted formulas from Wikia, got BTFO'd by a Nost+Ely dev, didn't know arithmetic and additionally thought rage should decay in combat? Did YOU post that thread?

I hope they just release a manifesto on what they're keeping and what they're changing

Friendly reminder that Activision executives did not force Brack and the entire WoW team to eat shit just so they could let classic devs follow in their footsteps. It's the obvious decision from a business standpoint to copy the Nost model with its proven ability to attract good press, which means no fucking class or talent rebalance.
If your argument for buffing certain specs is based on "game design", you're missing the point by a country mile.

is there a video from the alex/asmongold talk yesterday? i want to see how btfo alex was again.

>is there a video from the alex/asmongold talk yesterday?

It was shibboleth'd off of Youtube because he played copyrighted music.

This is the second time you've made an assumption that I was some retard. It's clear you don't want anyone to hurt your pet private server and any facts brought up about how said server isn't 100% correct you just associate the person making the statement with some group you don't like. Like me bringing up the fact that rage is nerfed. You say I said other shit... I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Another FACT is ignite easy mode nerf. All private server have mages doing stupid damage because of it. Elysium apparently only "fixed it" like 6 months ago if I'm reading correctly.

They need to add upright Trolls/Orcs in Classic.

If they dont its simply a mistake.

Alex @Alexensual 15h hours ago
You can block me, hate me, whatever, but I'm not going anywhere so you better get used to me :^)

>check out wowplebbit
literally retailbabbies

What's the process for picking what server you should play on?

Well, first you should decide what servers are you talking about.

official obv

I lived to see a time where the bigger issue in that picture is what the kid is playing instead of that he's playing on a mac.

You'll go places gen z kids.

They're Generation Alpha, actually. Assuming Hurricane naming convention x,y,z,alpha,beta

Pick one in the same region as you for the lowest ping
Then pick the RP-PvP server in that category because RPers are shit at the game and it's fun trashing them
Optional: Pick one with a cool name as well

I wonder how many of Alexs viewers are moving over to Asmongold after that trainwreck of a stream yesterday?

what happened

Think gen z is still going. No idea what's after them. Early/mid 90s up is gen z.

a 40+ year old isn't gen y, stop

you know the concept of rp sounds cool if it didn't just inevitably degenerate into erp

Don't think you understand how naming conventions work with generations.

he had asmon on for a 'talk' which was alex talking in whispers with fragmented sentences that were barely coherent while asmon conveyed his opinions in an articulate form that made alex look like a retarded five year old

alex had this stupid smile on his face the whole time. asmon brought up a bunch of points that alex said he was staunchly against on his twitter but deferred to asmon like a little bitch because he knew he couldnt properly argue his points without a script. he was basically cucked by a real streamer.

Holy shit, why did I even visit the wow classic section on battle.net.
Jeeesus these people.. even if some of them "troll", I'm 100% sure some of them are actually legit aswell.

Alex had Asmongold on as a guest to interview him on stream, and Asmon would try to have an in-depth discussion with Alex over different aspects, possibilities, concerns, and hopes for Classic, and Alex was incapable of stringing together a coherent thought long enough to actually engage Asmon. It was pretty embarrassing.
I have no idea who Asmongold is but he gained a fan, he was pretty knowledgeable and enjoyable to listen to.

videogames have killed any creativity or imagination i once had so even if i wanted to engage in real RP i wouldn't be able to create an interesting persona

dont forget that he wiped in scholo about five times due to his shit mana management. his entire group was in t2 btw...

I went on there the other day. It's a wall of cancer.

I think the most hilarious thing to come from all of this is the fact that Asmongold is seen as the mongoloid of WoW streaming and yet he still makes Alex look like a fucking child.

I don't keep up with streamfags but someone posted a picture in the general of a popular retail streamer who looked like a human-potato retard hybrid, no way he is more intelligent or articulate than the short bit I heard of Asmon.

that fucking smile bahhaha

x) 1960-1976
x) 1976-1992
z) 1992-2008
α) 2008-2024
these ranges are earlier in time than most analysts use but they make the most taxonomic sense even if they don't match stereotypes, and are held to by financial companies
Millennials had their moment of youth and are starting to lose it. Generation Z is starting to enter the workforce and the ages of secondary schoolers that define youth culture. Generation A is still being born and none of them are out of elementary school. They will always have lived in a post-Obama world.

Wasn't there always more locks in the eastern servers early on?
Probably loads of eastern r14 locks

>>Where can I learn more?
pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-04-wow-classic-blizzard-answers-some-of-the-big-questions

*slams desk*
FUCKING STOP IT!!!!!! I AM THE FACE OF VANILLA WOW! IT IS MY TURN TO MAKE MONEY!

streamable.com/mquub
streamable.com/ybhrl
streamable.com/hvzj4
streamable.com/iknlu
streamable.com/dln2u
streamable.com/0u8g7
streamable.com/op4eg

Someone once said that you can't go home again

>Blizzard wants to hire Shenna
Guys?

"hire"

If only Karazhan was a vanilla raid, it fits so well stylistically with the rest of the content and it has existed since the alpha files, they only finished it for TBC though. What a shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=k_0DiwlyON4

>I already agreed with someone's opinions going into the conversation, so they are good

>farming low lvl shit in vanilla
did you ever play vanilla? there's pretty much nothing you can get from low level shit besides for bop twink stuff and that implies that your server has strong twink scene

>there are lobotomized brainlets browsing this thread right now who don't read quests but use addons to do even the slightest brainwork for them

>J. Allen Brack: Yes. That's part of the level 60 experience. Our goal is to recreate that classic 1-60 gameplay. Some things changed as time went on, with different patches. How does that get manifested? That's one of the outstanding questions. But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse.

Well there we have it. No retarded changes for the classic servers.
Yay!

pserver kidders are fucking worse than retailfags

>[15]
noob
>nelf female hunter
fag

alex...

Nevermind, oh my jesus.. classic is doomed.

>Then there'll be the design questions, ones that the community will have strong opinions on: should UBRS be 10-person, or 5-person? Things like that.

The old guard vanilla developers were ambitious as fuck, the amount of shit that they had planned to release (already had in development) in vanilla is staggering. They were even developing Outland for release in 2004.
What the hell is nu-Blizzard doing these days spending two years to release a tiny bland continent with 5 dungeons and 1 raid every xpac?

:senna:

sitting on their mountains of shekels from retailshitters?

>Tom Chilton confirmed working on Classic
APOLOGIZE

Yeah, that made no sense. Why is UBRS, above anything else, up for debate?

>uhhh i agreed with h-him guys thats uhh why i acted like a cucked beta brainlet uhhh watch my next video where uhh i read from a script it uhh will be uhhh better

It's a legitimate question. 'raiding' u/lbrs makes them a fucking joke, plus it was changed pretty early on anyway to 5 man

he meant 15 or 10 man.
(it was once 15 man)

We did 15 man UBRS back in my day.
10 man UBRS wasn't a "joke" at the start, dummy.
And it was NEVER changed to 5 man during vanilla. "early" my fucking ass

Oh shit, I'm sorry.

People keep spending $75 to play on a shitty island for a month

I think he messed up the numbers. UBRS was originally allowed to be a full raid, but was normally 15. It was cut down to 10 later on in the expansion. He probably meant to say 15 or 10. The same was true for Stratholme before it was turned into a 5 man. I remember doing raids there early on. It's more a question of do they release it at 1.12 in terms of talents/skills/dungeons with some things gated like itemization/raids/dungeons (dire maul) or do they start from 1.0.

Ignoring the mistake he made about "5 man" it's up for debate because it was once capped at 15 and during vanilla turned into 10. It coincided with stat buffs to items. It's not super important but it's a decision that has to be made - on Nost it was 10 man from the start.

Their subscription numbers are so pitiful that they had to stop reporting them.

Classic is gonna be based with an vanilla old guard designer like him at the helm.

hey guys that intro cinematic was really cool you think they'll make a movie?

they did make a movie dude
youtube.com/watch?v=Qas9vDLW__c

Reminder of what's actually going to happen:

1.) You are NOT getting vanilla WoW as it was back then. This is already blatantly evident as Classic servers will ship with 1.12

2.) There WILL be some needed changes to the game. From improved server infrastructure, superior UI (especially the Help section).

3.) There WILL be class balancing. Blizzard is not going to ship Classic servers with over half the specs being dead in the water after 60. If you can't handle this, fuck off now.

Classic =/= 2004 Vanilla.

Get over it now, or it will really hurt later.

1 microtransaction whale is worth 10+ non-cancer normal subs.

hey im waiting for CLASSIC should i play on a private server or try out FFXIV i just want to play a good mmo

XIV is better than WoW has been in like 8 years but it still sucks, I think it's F2P until level 35 so you can try it out.

>Blizzard is not going to ship Classic servers with over half the specs being dead in the water after 60
lmao cry more druidshitter
classic devs are going to take a big steaming shit in your mouth and there's nothing you can do about it

Fuck off towelliee

if they were going to do massive changes to the gameplay such as class balancing it wouldnt be called classic. it would be called remastered.

Could anyone explain me why
>aoe looting
and
>more debuff slots
are bad without resorting to "m-muh authentic vanilla experience" strawman?

tl;dr

>Spewing out unofficial bullshit
ok

Kronos largely has all class abilities and interactions with gear working right. I'm one of the testers / researchers that worked with the dev team during the 24 day beta and after the game launch to current with bug testing.
The issue that Kronos had with difficulty were twofold. First, they had incorrect mana and health recovery rates. I argued until I was blue in the face with Chero on this and provided researched evidence from 2005 era videos but it went unanswered.
The other issue was overtuned open world Elite mobs and undertuned raid mobs / encounters. I worked my ass off on doing hard research on raids and numbers and those thankfully were fixed. MC and BWL both launched hilariously undertuned and it gave the server a bad rep. It took a few months after raid encounters launched to get the fixes done, again because hard research was required, but now they are correct.
Open world elites are still fucked. No one seems to want to do the work to correct those, as AQ & Naxx development took precedence. Open world elites hit 20-30% harder than they should at the moment.

aoe looting is so incredibly irrelevant that it shouldn't be considered at all

coming soon
>hierlooms :)
>DLC rAIDS
>transmog
>lootbox chests
>barber shop
>selfie mode
>normies
>balanced specs
>lvl 20 mountz
>LF dungeon
>raidfinder
>nu-models
>normies
>girl gamers
>wrath babbies
>cata babbies
>legion babbies
>wod babbies
>mop babbies
>flying mounts
>wow tokens
>pets
>pet battles
>pet selfies
>dailies
>gear tokens
>custom tabards
>battle.net friendz
>wide sweeping patches that change the entire game but keep normies interested and playing for another month
>sjw shit
>feminist shit
>customizable EXP rates
>chat moderators that are easily triggered
>GMs who are taught the customer is always right
>bans and mutes for offensive language
>gear score
>refer a friend
>Res scroll
>insta-boost
>casual raids
>in-game hearthstone in the INNs
>achievements
>achievements that unlock shit in overwatch
>overwatch babbies
>achievements that unlock shit in hots
>hots babbies
>achievements that unlock shit in hearthstone
>hearthstone babbies
>simplified class quests
>streamlined leveling
>nu-talents
>normies
please add to this list as you see fit

Go back to retail you fucking brainlet. More debuff slots would completely wreck vanilla gameplay.

That's a bummer maybe I'l just try those games that are single player but pretend to be mmos to get my gix .hack just got a remaster i think.
thanks for telling me straight up.

>You should be able to push Power word shield debuff off people, and let them get shielded again
The state of you cucks

>m-muh
fuck off

>aoe looting
lol... you're not going to be killing shitloads of mobs solo at the same time anyways