/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

mspkvp.github.io/tk7movespretty/
github.com/roguelike2d/TekkenBot/pull/58
youtube.com/watch?v=5BlSS7Kw1ow&t=27s&index=2&list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I haven't played in a while but is it just me or did it somehow get especially hard to break grabs online?

On Ps4 btw.

Hey, is Raven any good in this game?

>losing games as leo
>remove pants from leo
>start winning again
did i just find the secret strat?

No.
Her only reason to exist is to make the game appear more "diverse".

What's bad about her?

She is This color here anything that is this color is usually usless.

Do you have any actual info on why she's bad?

Everyone is good, some are just more good than others. She's a very interesting character, really unique, but quite hard to play effectively. She is a lot of fun though, I recommend trying her

It doesn't matter at all who you play.
No one is "good" or "bad".

If you like its fighting style just play it, there is no one you can't win against for playing any character at all. It only depends on you.

I appreciate the thought but please don't give me that.
I'd hate to learn a character only to find out another one does what they do but better, and more easily.
It's what happened with Miguel

What's the most technical and difficult thing to do in Tekken?

I'd say King's double/triple wave dash into iSW. Kazuya's PEWGF combo might be second, Bryan's taunt Jet upper at third.

Raven is far from bad. Her damage output is one of the highest in the game, if not the highest. Her ws2 is out of control, her magic 4 gives a full 50% combo on counter hit. She is definitely better than most characters in the game.

noice, alright thanks

id put kazuya's 6x ewgf combo up there aswell along with nina iWS1 stuff

>King wave dash into iSW

As with all wavedashes, if you press forward it'll give you a free forward input, so instant while-running out of wavedash isn't as difficult as buffering it inside a move.
Yes, King's wavedash is hard as fuck, but because of what I said there I'd rank this lower than CH df2 into PEWGF

>I'd hate to learn a character only to find out another one does what they do but better, and more easily.

I think you want to play Bryan.

I'm not a tier whore. It just pissed me off when I found out Feng is a better, easier Miguel, and I don't want for that to happen again.

No one is like Raven. Most people think shes A-tier, shes not junk. She's got a lot of room to have your own take on the character. If youre interested in her at all, definitely at least try her out

Thoughts on etokkki Omni Korean edition?

raven is probably like high end of mid tier or low end of high tier.

nina iws1 is not nearly as hard as taunt jet upper or ch df2 pewgf

Fucking nice, time to lab her all night if you get what I'm saying

( I'm saying I'll furiously watch the 7 hour Tag2 raven guide )

These are shit. Every character that's not Steve or Yoshi has better options then this

Who do you even compare Feng with Miguel?

Bryan is a CH hunter, plain and simple

they both play in an aggressive close range poking style but feng has better/more tools. the range nerf to miguel really hurt

>Feng
>Aggressive close range
Wat

You're close but not quite accurate. I figure you are the guy who I explained Miguel being a worse Feng in previous threads? While Feng CAN be played aggressively he's better played defensively but his conservative poking hurts like a bitch and if he launches he has a very good wall carry string. Miguel trades it for more aggressive pokes and slightly higher damage but he lacks the utility. You can see the difference in how more Koreans will play Feng while Miguel is more popular in Japan, reflecting how Korean style Tekken is more defensive while Japanese Tekken is more aggressive.

The problem with Miguel is that he formerly had the range that made him stand out more from Feng but this game his range is lower so he's just notably an inferior Feng unless you play VERY aggressively and like to bully with your pokes.

yeah that makes sense, its not that feng is necessarily better in miguels niche, its that if he is worse its only marginal and he gets excellent space control in exchange.

If you want to be hard aggressive on pokes, the kind of people where you chip away at your opponent that's still Miguel. Feng defensively pokes and slaps your opponent for fucking up, riling them up until you get a launch to carry them to the wall. Once you are at the wall you have entered the blender and Feng will make sure you stay there.

Also earlier you said Feng is easier Miguel and that's not really true, to play Feng optimally you use all his pokes of which there is countless actually good ones and you need to know when you really need to use them. Miguel has a simpler gameplan outside of properly using Savage stance for posturing, its just you never want to let go of the lead because his combo game stinks so he's bad at reclaiming momentum if he's pushed on the defensive. Feng being naturally better at this kind of poke game, his style seems especially favored in this game, is what makes Miguel seem bad in comparison despite being high mid tier or bottom of high tier himself.

You should keep Miguel as a secondary if you have sunken time into him, will offer you wiggle room if your main (looks like you are looking at Maven) feels restrained/not working against your opponent in a tournament setting. Having a poke character and a high offensive mixup, best I can describe Maven since I don't know her very well, as your two characters is actually a very nice set to work with.

I'm not whoever you are talking about

hello
can someone explain to me what's the difference between u/f+3 and U/F+3

>. I figure you are the guy who I explained Miguel being a worse Feng in previous threads?
No, it's me.
I think the way to make Miguel a stronger character would be to
>buff range of all his punishers and pokes
>make his db1 20 frames like it used to be in tag 2 instead of 25 frames
>more consistent combos like what the patch did with Lee

if something is written in capital letters it means you hold down those buttons
like ling's df1 which does df1 and goes into RDS and DF1 which does df1 and doesn't enter stance

I'm the dude you're talking about, I'll definitely develop Miguel more on the side as I learn Raven. Thanks for all the info

How to git gud with Yoshimitsu?

My bad then.

I think his range bring fixed and the db1 buff will be enough, I don't think he needs a buff to his combo game. Range and a faster db1 combined with his excellent power crush would work wonders for him and his identity, although it's hard to say if he will get buffs considering he's actually played a LOT in Japan.

learn literally every single one of his moves by heart, especially the ones not on the movelist.
When you're in-game, you'll understand when to use them.

>he's actually played a LOT in Japan
You got any Mig streamers? I can't find anything on Youtube. Not a reliable source of him anyways

Stop thinking in a straight line while playing him.
For example, instead of blocking a low hit, fly with your sword to evade and then instead of using a move from out of it cancel it and do his low launcher thingy.

Just do as much bullshit as possible.

No problem, I learned a fair bit about Miguel because I like his design, love Feng, and have always liked well rounded poke characters even though unfortunately my brain just can't grasp their game plan. Good luck learning the Ninja from the village hidden amid the fat ghetto booties.

For example for Josie, u/f+3 is 28-29 when U/F+3 is 15

how do i do the 15-frames one? I think the one she uses as a launcher for combo is the 28-29 (maybe i'm wrong)

I use it and I like it. Previously I've messed around with a friend's TE2 stick.
Compared to that I would say the lever feels a lot more rigid, a little tough to do motions at first due to the stiffness of the parts but that eases with time. Backdashing feels a lot more consistent with it too.
I prefer the crown buttons they use in the stick too, sanwa parts always felt a bit too light to touch because I prefer to rest my fingertips on the buttons.
It has a fair bit of weight in the lap as well, not enough to be uncomfortable but it's definitely not going anywhere.
If you can get one I'd strongly consider it. I'm not sure how easy it is to get other Korean sticks, but theirs carries a good reputation from what I understand.

wait other way around

I think you're confusing uf3 and uf4, one is her hopkick and the other her orbital

>You got any Mig streamers?
Nah, I don't think any really stream him just a lot of high level arcade players play him in Japan and he's very popular. I remember for a while he was like number 1 played in arcades in Japan. If you want some to look up maybe check out Toushinsai or previous Japanese tournaments and spot Miguel mains them look them up on YouTube.

Should I stick with the arcade stick or go for a hitbox? The inputs look easier on a hitbox but I am not sure if its better in the long term.

>no movement
>no punishes
>but hit every electric

Some people need to realign their priorities..

try playing on a keyboard. if you like it get a hitbox

maybe, i'm really new to fighting games
so the orbital one is 28-29?

i'm confused with pic related, I don't know how to do (and in which situation) the 15-frame one

yeah the 28-29 is her orbital, that site is wrong
they're both useful and you can combo from both

Is hitbox the best manufacture or do other companies make better all button devices?

so where should i check the frame data

mspkvp.github.io/tk7movespretty/

Anyone got the current Tekken bot version? Looks like the guy who made it gave up on updating it.

github.com/roguelike2d/TekkenBot/pull/58

Thanks amigo

Huh, the first person beat-down screen effect from Miguels RA is different if you play as Alisa (and I assume Jack). You get a more screen signal noise effect instead.
Neat detail.

i think it does the same for bryan

Real robot confirmed!

I'm a retard. Where do I even click to download? I hate github.

When Claudio has his starburst thing his left eye turns black.

It doesnt for Yoshi does it? He's alien magic not robot right?

Thanks

>crespo can't attend the twt finals

Not that guy, but I bought my hitbox from Fightstickasia and it's really fucking good. High quality sanwa buttons, solid build, spare parts. It even has another panel with just one hole on the left side if I ever want to turn it into a standard arcade stick.

I highly recommend Fightstickasia.

He's a human with armor and a prosthetic hand.

if you're NA get the hitbox one, if you're EU then arcadeforge makes a custom one with a wooden case

Oh for fucks sake, I literally celebrated the abscence of a dirty Ling player. Though now that I think about it, the loss of an Akuma isn't that big of a deal.

Who's the most like Makoto in this game? Playstyle/gameplan style wise. Hard hits, mixups, rushdown, etc?

Hwoarang might be who you're looking for, though be careful, he's very complex. Especially if you're coming from Basic Fighter

I wish Way Gamble had just a few more points so he could take that spot

Yoshi is more prosthetic than man at this point.

you can play drag in a similar fashion. heavy rushdown and he has good grabs that have to be broken properly

Is Tekkenbot safe to use, should I go offline everytime I boot it up or can I keep it on even during online?

the game has no VAC

Nina's ISW1 is hardest in game because if you drop it you'll get punished and it's a just frame you need to do it 5+ times in succession.

Kazuya's CH DF2 PEWGF and Bryan's Jet Uppercut only need 1 just frame each and you won't get punished for dropping them.

Bryan's TJU is a more difficult input

You get 1 frame to input it and it's not too bad, if you mess up you'll just get b2 instead which isn't a bad choice at the wall for CHs anyway. Nina's ISW1 requires the just frame 5-6 times in a row and if you drop it you'll get launched, at the least lose your oki/momentum.

>You get 1 frame to input it
actually it's 3 just frames in a row

You also are doing a back forth motion in this tiny execution window

I hope he gets announced on Sunday

>practicing combos from a YT video
>stuck on one for 10 mins, barely landing it once
>change opponent to Asuka like the guy in the video had instead of Heihachi
>get the combo right on the first try
Are some combos easier to do to certain characters or was I just fucking up for no reason?

Yes, certain combos are impossible on certain body types. Many juggles don't work on the small hit boxes like LC or Xiaoyu and certain combos only with on big bodies like bears and Jack. If I remember correctly Heihachi has a slightly differently sized hit box.

whats the combo?

I hope we get an announcement on Sunday.

youtube.com/watch?v=5BlSS7Kw1ow&t=27s&index=2&list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
0:53
The last 3 hits felt way harder to do on Heihachi

TWT character usage:
4 Jacks, 2 Dragunovs, Bryan, Kazuya, Devil Jin, Xiaoyu, Hwoarang, Master Raven, Akuma, Yoshimitsu, Josie, and Asuka.

Character diversity is pretty decent, if we are lucky Joey Fury, Anakin, and Noroma use their secondaries more and we get Gigas, Paul, and Feng. Maybe we see JDCR bust out Heihachi but I'm doubting that.

>4 Jacks
Oh boy, can't wait to see Jack vs Jack in the grand finals.

>He thinks someone is going to stop JDCR from entering Grand finals
Laughing girls.jpg

The favorites to be grand finals is JDCR and Qudans so no Jack there.

It's so weird to me that Qudans is as good as he is. He's like not ultra technical or robotic like all the other Koreans compare his DJ to Knee's it's like night and day. He does the most simple combos and has human like movement.

Saint or Noroma could make but it won't be a mirror for sure. That would be hilarious though.

early mishima players neurons are in a transitional state, do not mock the young ones upon the Path

I just ran into a Brawler Nina that literally just kept attacking no matter what. Like seriously no matter how obvious my move was, she just kept on doing random attacks. After I beat her once, she left. It was fucking bizarre. Did he really get to brawler by rushing people down?

Real tekken doesn't start until Orange ranks. Everything else is just mindless button pressing.

memeshima

I want to believe, but deep in my heart I know we'll all be disappointed

I give up, im apparently too retarded to figure out this myself.

How do i do iWS from moves that put in in crouching state?
Im trying to pick people up after i land Lee's tracking pirouette punch.

>how do you hit f3+4~df~db~ws3 ender with shaheen
when you do f,2,4,4 hold the 4
dash hold F (f,F) press 3 (F+3+4) and already go into stealth step stance like a buffer (d/f), quickly cancel ~db~n+3
pretty much a matter of being fast