/d2g/ - Dota 2 General

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major patch: dota2.com/duelingfates (7.07)
Minor patch: dota2.com/news/updates/34339/ (7.07b)
New players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
New players (League refugee edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com/
Blog: blog.dota2.com/
Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator: dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page
Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/interactivemap/

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/
gosugamers.net/
liquiddota.com/
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

Previous:

no anime

P U G N A

This game won't get many more new players as long as a litany of out-of-game references and guides are the best way to learn.

This game probably wouldn't be Dota anymore if no longer were a litany of out-of-game references and guides are the best way to learn.

Luna

based reverse psychology employing anime fan bro

piiiiiiiiiiick meeee

what hero gets under your skin more than any other, regardless of how good they are in the current patch?

based Venezuelan poster

is Crystal "Maiden" the most horrible title given to someone in dota land? this "Maiden" doesnt look like a maiden to me , hell Lina the Slayer is more of a maiden compared to this slut.

DUDE

region lock when?

Take it up with "super smart developer" valve for having a shit tutorial

why would they kick their best player?

another 2-0 for Liquid coming right up?

told you they'd throw one

i was pretty sure about it but i still had some doubts, but now i'm 100% sure. valve uses behavior score as a way to "predict" who's gonna win a certain match.

i just played a match where the average MMR of the two teams was literally the same and i got 23 points for winning it. the enemy team flamed themselves on all chat the entire game while my enemy team cooperated and was pretty respectful. valve knew this was gonna happen before the game even started.

It's not liquids fault that other teams are shit

slacks is betting retardedly because it makes good TV

t. I am very intelligent and I wowrk in television

Watch Empire do better than OG

The absolute state of Resolution

What is Liquid's "secret sauce?"

Don't say islam you boring twitch shitters

Allah?

dearest faggots.
what do you get against high mobility heroes that seem to get picked all the time right now (storm, miranda, weaver...).
i'm not sure what heroes are good against them.

Anime and delusions.

Being better than other teams

they had let the holograms simulate the game exactly

Ammoniumnitrate

stuns and disable in general of course
bane is stupidly strong right now, try him

Who would have guessed that slacks is there for memes and goofs instead of real analysis

while my team cooperated*
i think it's pretty clear that the shadow pool is actually real, if not then why would i get only 23 MMR for winning if the average MMR of the two teams was the exact same?

kuroko no basket

There are 3 options in my opinion.
>hard lockdown so mobility hero can't get away
>super high burst so mobility hero has to run away instead of fighting
>pushing line up, ignore mobility hero and take objectives

Yes, but WHYand why can no other team seem to replicate it

Support Kunkka has been good to me, need to have other people on the team to kill people tho. X Marks fucks over a lot of mobile heroes and just runners in general.

They are more talented and work harder and have better team synergy.

Got my gamergrub on deck for a night of esports

team chemistry is really weird and it's very hard to predict what will make a team great.
liquid was bottom tier until GH replaced one of their players.
pinpointing what makes a team really great is almost impossible especially because you don't really know the players and their relationships.

What
What
W
h
a
t

t
h
e

f
u
c
k
What in the fucking fuck is this

redditor bait

they faithfully follow the sunnah of the prophet muhammad, the best human being who had ever lived

and raping underage lolis in Jordanian ghettos every other week sanctioned by the prince of Jordan

Why? Why? Why? Are you replying to you own (offtopic) post?

Same

my finest creation

>can't stop the timbersaw

just like my pubs

>timbersaw last hitting a T2 tower at 8:45~

Back to twitch chat son.

Oh fuck its just a rubber balloon with stuff inside
Wew, for a second there i thought someone actually sold that shit somewhere

Tinker.

>reactive armor

yes really

do you guys like the lane creep invulnerability during glyph?

well this is bullshit

Is KnB an actual decent sport anime or just a shonen that tries to pass as it? cause I was thinking of watching that.

>PA pickers

whew, thought Liquid intentionally threw at drafting but I see that this one is IN THE BAG

guesses on Empire surrender time? I'm going with 21:00

How about "Invisible While Blurred" for one of PA's 10 talents? Would have a ~1.5 second fade time.

Yes
Glyph was pretty much we're desperate and theres nothing else we can do, at least its less so now
It at least stops heroes from nuking the wave while the tower is invulnerable and rendering the few seconds it gives even more useless.

it's a shounen, it's a sportsanime where the main characters all have some kind of "superpower"
it's entertaining but, also heavely overrated

>[Chappie's russian laugh in the distance]

Valve should fly out any 8k+ player willing to bootcamp with other 8k+'s of the same region to form good teams and make the scene competitive. Current teams would be invited as well. However the intentions of using it to form other top tier teams would be hidden and marketed solely as a stream type thing and also a practice thing to the players.

what are the strongest last picks?

brood huskar meepo

>opponent picks timber
>timber hasn't had a major change during the 5 years he's been in the game outside of the talents
>you know his weaknesses
>you for some reason can't counter him
DUDE JUST BURST HIM WITH MAGIC LMAO. SO EASY. HE'S LITERALLY MADE OF PAPER AGAINST MAGIC.

I'm not really expecting much from it, and I don't mind a little exaggeration of personal skills and abilities but it would be nice if everyone didn't have superpowers and just played basketball somewhat normally.

I was off by 3 minutes :(

The new urn upgrade would cut timber's regen down right?

y

Yes yes !!! :3333

It would negate the regen and more. But russians think urn should be built on 5 position supports so it would never happen.

>PA vs Underlord and Timber

>be redbull
>should we invest in dota?
>mmmm this demon guy seems legit
>...
>okay this time we'll play it safe and pick Major Winners OG (tm)
>...

I mean just give the first 2-3 episodes a try, I think you will find out pretty fast if you like it or not
Anyway as far as sportsanime go I would recommend Haikyuu and PingPong the Animation

They sponsored Jimmy for his stream which averaged 3k+ viewers. Not his competitive career.

I think Huskar is the best one. It's almost impossible to play against a Huskar in pubs if your team has no heroes that can deal with him.

An uncounted huskar is a literal god

*upgrades urn*

shouldn't that say series instead of game?

Are liquid vp and eg the only tier 1 teams right now????

>eg

>eg
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

shithack is past caring

No, they did. Do you not remember Liquid.Pegasus?

I'm pretty satisfied that Liquid is still steamrolling tournaments. They are good goys, no pricks on the team whatsoever. Every other team has at least 1 mandatory prick.

nice bait

Yea, I already seen Haikyuu and it was great thats why wanted to see another. I'll give it a shot (Pingpong too).

God I want their secret sauce so badf.

The one time NA liquid managed to beat DK, Newbee, EG and Alliance in a single day.

eg you mean secret

Yeah they won all the tournaments so far except the ones that actually matter.

>forgetting based optic

Someone didn't see them last night

I'm a new player.

Not having a hard time learning with bots and I know how to google. Just had my first match and I did okie. 2nd most kills for a team that lost using Lich.

Beyond team moves and map knowledge, items and attributes are the main thing I don't really know about. Particularly active items as I don't remember to use any.

First MOBA / at 30 hours on my 4th day this is the most playtime I have for anything else on steam

>beat 3 of the 4 best teams in the world
>lose to the worst teams of the tournament

I wish I could protect his smile.

Good luck user.

dotabuff?

>play doto all day
>gf tells me to grow up and be an adult
>i know she's just trying to help
>still tell her to fuck off
>she won't dump me because I'm a trust fund baby and I drive her around in my dad's benz sometimes

feelsgoodman.jpeg