pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up is Crisis of the Third Century for Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Previous thread Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

>potentially cool crisis of the 3rd idea completely wasted on r2, a shit game, instead of attila, which actually has mechanics suited to the time period all because CA wanted to milk gullible his fans

OH NO
IS THAT A
SKAVEN JEZZAIL

>Rome 2

Great OP!

Need tactics vid

>true roman news edition
>true
>u

What is this gyppo bullshit?

>tfw Araby will get their Jezzails before the Ratbois

Is it true Darren left CA because of this controversy about sexual assault allegations?

Rock the boat!

i heard he molested the company gobbo

How do i make my units always run in tww1

Goblins are delinquents anywhere they go

You double click.

fortune pisses on me

darren was forced out because at midday the sun would shine of his bald scalp and people felt it was a danger to their vision as well as a fire hazard

>Tomb Kings still not announced

I remember the days of when there was vehement finger-pointing as to someone who was secretly Darren. What a time it was to be alive.

READY TO FOIGHT WITH THE DAWI, LAD?

...let the boat rock itself?

Rome 2 is my favourite game ever so getting more content from it is the dream.

And most importantly, THEY'RE FIXING THE HISTORICAL BATTLES SO THAT YOU CAN WIN THEM

No

How the hell do I get a bridge battle on the campaign? Is it dependent on where on the map the battle is fought? I just attacked some chump on an actual bridge and got a regular battle map instead.

When the hell are we getting snotlings gosh dang it, an even more worse goblin that will have 200 units.
they also give morale to orcs

Darren said cavalry charges in the new historical game are prety gud, not over the top like warhammer.

China soon then

Shut the fuck up Darren. No one cares about you anymore.

No it's going to be Total War: Wales where you get to invade Swansea with your fantasy sheep army

>tfw no Imperial Engineer hero with the option of picking from the various automata to summon to battle like Krell

Some of them like the clockwork horse and the battle effigy could even work as mounts.

>90 hours in TW1 and 2
>have only played empire, orcs, and elves/dark elves
>haven't even tried the rest of the factions even though i have the dlc

D'aww you.

>Irish meme
>played High Elves

You can't fool us, proddie scum.

Dumb irish poster

What? Darren said he was going to stage an armed attack on the CA offices? Shit, has anyone called the police?

fantasy fags b-blown the fuck out

When we get rat swarms, jungle swarms, scarab swarms, bat swarms, spirit hosts etc.

i.e. never

THE POWER OF CROMWELL COMPELS YOU
THE POWER OF CROMWELL COMPELS YOU

What even are swarms in the table top? Are the VC bats not a swarm?

And yet as soon as he died they wanted the King back, really makes you think.

>snottlings become goblins
>orc become black orcs then trolls
wtf am I reading?

Swarms are the ultimate tarpit unit unless you go out of your way and include something to specifically deal with them, which you often don't.

is Rome II fixed now?

anyone reached civil war with new patch so far?

>What even are swarms in the table top?
They're a bunch of creatures on a single base. They're mainly used to just bog down enemy units.

>Are the VC bats not a swarm?
Kinda. Tabletop Vampire Counts had two bat units: Bat Swarms, which are a swarm of normal(ish) bats, and Fell Bats, which are monster bats on an ogre-sized base.
Fell Bats in TWW are half way between the two really.

Imperial education, peasant. Are you going to tell me ratmen are real next?

>pointless weak creatures
>they have no place on the battlefield, or in this world
holy shit! Snottlings had a hard life

no they fixed only the political shit

I think that's actually the case for 40k orks but for fantasy greenskins, that character saying that is making shit up, probably intentionally for humor.

Trolls aren't even greenskins, they're mammals and reproduce conventionally.

>And thus it came to pass that Relinda, a mere level 7 princess from Tor Yvresse, in charge of a mixed-quality provincial garrison army in the Tilean colonies was attacked by the Warhost of Archaon The Everchosen himself while on patrol. Although both armies were nearly anihilated in the ensuing fight for survival, only one of them would leave the battlefield standing, and thus the legend of Relinda Doomslayer was born...

how imperials think greenskins work

Gonna need a bit more redecorating

The smoke stacks are a nice touch though. Real classic "Dark Elf" there. But it could use some more severed heads and spikes.

Reminder Darren said he left CA because of their future pricing policy and business model
>PROCEEDS TO SHILL UBISOFT GAME
Dude is officially dead in the water and still wont spoil new CA shit like a cuck

The man is a professor. You should trust what he says.

I'm surprised the Witch Hunters didn't accuse him of being a Chaos worshiper and kill him for saying that

Tomorrow!

There is no black ork in 40k, greenskins tend to get darker as they grow old but there is no clear distinction, size is the main factor in their "class". There are no trolls either.

of course!

vilgin
-his army fights for him
-travels with a woman that probably friendzoned him
-is a virgin
-runs away when he is blooded
-leads the hippe pansies
-irrelevant shitstain that no one cares about

the chad dwarf
-fights the enemy army singlehandedly, his soldiers are there just to cheer him and to witness his deeds
-travels with his bros
-progenitor of an entire line of high kings
-breaks and then pursues entire enemy force
-leads the mighty dawi
-living ancestor god

neat.

rulunk

>893 hours in R2
>only played Rome

get on my level

he's not wrong

Civil war is incredibly easy to avoid, or engage if that's what you want. You just need to pay attention with the political events

Now, this is your plan, get your ass to the Mediterranean.

Rolling

>there will never be a game with voice acting as good as the original Dawn of War

The unit voices alone got me hooked on 40K. What do we have in TWWH that can compare?

how the fuck do you beat wood elves as dwarves? Arent they like a, hard counter?

CRUEL DREADLORD

I wonder what kind of people these ones are

Hola, Skeenks!

The best part is they were in all likelihood right.

Not that much. DoW had much smaller units and I really don't think "FAITH AND DUTY" getting shouted for the xth time is that fun. That said, DoW did have really good VA.

is it still so random or is it actually dependent on player's actions?

previously always my most loyal generals from within my family started the civil war which was retarded as fuck

I know that, obviously there's no trolls or black orcs. I meant the part where they're all related and just different ages of the same creature.

Like in fantasy, goblins and orcs are two different species/races/whatever you want to call them. In 40k though, if I'm not mistaken, Orks are all the same species, and things like gretchens are just young orks.

Crazy to think how Dawn of War set the flavour for the next 10 years of WH40k

>People think the Crisis of the Third Century is boring
What? I been coming across this statement a lot.
How is the era boring, it's one of Rome's most interesting chaotic times, literally a perfect storm that was suppose destroy the empire, but managed to get their shit together to survive a couple of century's more.
I think it's because there's hardly any media that covers the era that people have no knowledge of the 3rd century, they just assume it must not be very good.

Give it up for PONTUS

god i miss cultists.

Bret Peasants come close though.

Blood Ravens stealing everything in sight?

i hid longbeards in a forest, then baited the computer's melee with grombrindal and thane. then burned the fucking hippie dipshits with ironbreakers and shot them until they all routed.

then i just tanked archers ammo with lords while my ranged retreated into forest and counterattacked once they ran out of ammo. there were also some minor skirmishes in the forest against some cavalry and a literal fucking tree.

sword of torment is a lifesaver.

also it's funny how forest is the hard counter to we, since trees fuck up their arrows.

How likely is a swarm themed update ya think?

Greenskins
>Snotlings

Lizardmen
>Jungle Swarms

VC
>Bat Swarms
>Spirit Hosts

Tomb Kings
>Tomb Swarms

Skaven
>Rat Swarms

how? I dont think any fantasy players are buthurt about a history expansion

>have level 10 princess in charge of a meme cavalry army
>her name is litania, has elyrion traits
>asume shes the daughter of some high ranking noble
>put her in charge of my all cav army
>give them elyrion banners in honor of their confederation with lothern
>she defends the coast from dark elf shits for many turns
>staves off the chaos invaders
>start my final ritual
>skaven stacks spawn outside everqueens province
>litania happens to be right there
>she has the chance to retreat and wait for backup
>but this would leave my other army abandoned in the everqueens ritual city
>litania goes out to a smaller settlement to try and draw the skaven stacks away from the ritual site
>it works and the 7 stacks split up
>litania gets surrounded and sieged
>fight the battle
>the elyrion army dies to the last man
>final moments are litania charging theoden style out of the back leading a unit of dragon princes

It was the first time I truly felt sad about losing a general, but also proud that her sacrafice was not in vain. The skaven stacks were scattered and broken two turns later, the horsemen of elyrion did not fail their king.

It's a mix of Imperator Augustus and Attila, and combining the two doesn't make it more interesting.

I'm only looking forward to it so that I can play Sassanids in something that isn't optimized like British famine measures in India.

>Gunther, Hans-take him outsude and burn him. Now
Kek. He wasn't so smart after all

WFRP is fucking great.

Walk softly and carry a big gun

Why is Pontus listed as an Eastern Empire when they have the same building and technology tech trees as the Greek factions?

I can think of one

Still waiting for pic related to happen as Grombrindal.

>dude lets make a dlc of romans vs britons instead of romans vs romans, barbarians, easterners, nomads in a time era with unique legions

>Mix of Imperator Augustus and Attila
Sounds interesting to me desu, but to each his own I suppose.

I don't think its boring, but putting it in Rome 2 was a mistake. The time period is much better suited for Attila's mechanics. For fucks sake the fucking non-roman factions are all from attila, not r2
>sassanids
>goths
>alans
People think its boring for the same reason they think attila is boring - they don't like established empires and they especially don't like "muh segmentata" and "muh indomitable legionary inf blob" as far as the setting go.

>tfw making Rome 2 bearable with nice :) UI changes
feels good

No, they are different species. Orks have their own young.

Are goblins fungi too? How does a fungus determine if it's going to grow into an orc or goblin?

That's DoW2.

get rid of the bat swarm since we already have big bats
Not sure why they aren't doing this, it involves giving vamp cunts more shit

Skaven would have been way more fun on the campaign if they could infiltrate and siege from within. If we could build mini buildings inside of other's structures, then burst out when strong enough. I don't feel like some seedy rat commander out in broad daylight marching around.