/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1044 - Leaf Forest Edition.

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hnq6ksqbYxo
youtube.com/watch?v=vHcRhah7Kgw
youtube.com/watch?v=oKIYO70EN1U
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNowGW4qwu0NVUUHbrDVD66mkVGPezMo1xFGWcv1zFCZM0QQ/viewform
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Cute heroes.

*Rolls into a ball unlike Modern Sonic*

I'M NOT WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK

HEY /STHG/

YOU'RE WEAK

Such an adorable trio.

weak

Stop bullying Jackal boy.

Putting all my life energy into this one.

I feel like it's the other way around, people who don't care aren't going to fill out a survey

Videofag/Shadowanon here. I posted this 2 threads ago, but it was at 5am and during the last 50 posts, so here it is again in case anyone missed it.

youtu.be/hnq6ksqbYxo

Sadly I couldn't stop Disney from monetizing it, so don't think I'm shilling here.

Where's the crack?

>There's a Gizoid who could be used
>He's disappeared off the face of the Earth
It hurts

If he's a Jackal, put him in shackles

I put a new Sonic anime

What if Salad

So Vanilla and Cream are dead, right?

Salad Accord is my favorite sonic

Probably not, but I wouldn't really be too sad if they were.

Needs Amy in there

No, they live in a cozy house protected by Cheese.

They're not being used for anything right now.

You'll never see it coming

kissu

Vanilla's been dead for over a decade. Cream, on the other hand, is perfectly with Cheese.

Let's face it, if she wanted too, Cream could solo Infinite and all of the clones including that end game robot eggman was in.

>he's got like ten terabytes of selfies
You see Forces, you can make me laugh.

>one lame boss fight against literally who
>Metal Sonic's boss fight is just Infinite 2.5
>no Shadow fight
>no Chaos fight
What was even the point to heave these? My guess is Sonic Team ran out of time AGAIN a had to cut everything down like usual.

>I can smell the fear on you
>That's not fear, I ran all the way over there
Caught me off guard

Make sure to tell SEGA in that survey that you don't actually like Sonic himself, and that other characters in his franchise are responsible for your investment in it.

>completed the survey
>in the "tell us anything" section I linked them to this vid youtube.com/watch?v=vHcRhah7Kgw

Do you think they'll watch it?

What are your thoughts on

Commander Knuckles

youtube.com/watch?v=oKIYO70EN1U

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

Stronger than Super Sonic

Do you have that in not ant sized?

Are there any other ways to put together an OC besides Forces? Would much rather wait for a sale or until I can get the parts for a partway decent computer together.
I just like visual design is all and experimenting is fun, but I don't want to cash out for the game as is.

>Ant pic
Your BEEP BEEP was more like ᵇᵉᵉᵖ ᵇᵉᵉᵖ

I'm drawing a picture right now on what I thought.

WHERE'S MY GODDAMN SMOKES!?

Wait for the crack

nice vid shadowanon

Sonic smells.

good

I did. flat cat better come back

is this by the guy that draws lesbian sonic ocs making out?

Sorry. Thanks for the full size though.

Sonic perfume when?

The community's big around the time of a game launch and seeing folks putting effort towards characters and their designs and not being a part of that is kinda disheartening.

we need more OCs in this thread

this is beautiful. it's shame Disney monetized it

Yes I think so, he sorts his DA
>Hetero couples
>yaoi couples
>yuri couples
wew

No problem

Favorite robot(s)?
I miss Emerel/Gemerl. I’ve also liked his original more than the current, honestly.

Do the japs know something we don't?

Orbot

Emerl is cool though.

Episode Blaze™

>Sadly I couldn't stop Disney from monetizing it
Someone stop that rat.

This is a ship, Silverfags BTFO

>*she

About?

I dont get it. Why do people ship them blaze wasn't even in the game

other than the OC creator (which is great as it is, but i think more species could have been added to it, and possibly will through DLC) i think my favorite part of forces is the wispons

they feel great if a tad clunky to use and their special abilities are really satisfying
unlocking more with different perks is a huge incentive to play the game for me
but i wish they'd work more similarly to each other on the offensive front so that gameplay didn't need to be as stop-start as it is (granted, it isn't enough to complain about for me but its there)

what's more is that i think their special abilities could also have more combat-oriented usages instead of pure mobility, such as burst's
for example lightning's special is both a light dash and a light attack fusion, which works well for traversing the level and unlocking routes that can't be accessed otherwise

likewise i think their specials should charge on their own by defeating enemies with the primary fire, in turn incentivizing combat to unlock routes, though wisp capsules could still be implemented to immediately open routes and even more avenues for combat itself

lastly, i'd like more wispons to be implemented in possible level DLC, with Laser, Rocket, Bomb, Spikes, and Eagle topping the list. The former three i believe have incredible potential for offensive capability, and the latter two had interesting and intuitive uses in their own games that i'd like to see brought over into less situational gameplay, possibly how the more utilitary adaptors and armors worked in later megaman games, if that's an apt comparison

>Amy using her feminine wiles to knock sonic off his game
I want more of this.

here's a link to the survey
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNowGW4qwu0NVUUHbrDVD66mkVGPezMo1xFGWcv1zFCZM0QQ/viewform
be sure to fill it out with your honest opinions. Also make sure to avoid using overly harsh language and swears since anyone reading it will be tempted to skip your responses

What did you guys leave as a final note to the survey? I myself literally begged for Sonic Adventure 3 like the Adventurefag I am.

I don't understand what you're talking about. Are you okay?

Metal, followed by Emerl and Omega.

>Weak fox, activate the Phantom Ruby

I said to return to the non-boost days, basically prior to Unleashed. I don't even want another Adventure, I just want a game in the same vain of Adventure and Heroes.

Inb4 infinite is from blaze's dimension

Holy shit

>that motion tracking
>Aaron as Elizabeth Swann
>Iizuka's face when the ships start turning
>that ending

>only 232 views

Jesus user, make more stuff.

Archie Omega > Emerl >= Gamma > Mecha Sonic

Infinite cut off my limbs but I don't caaaaaaaaaaare

W E A K,
B A L D
A N D
M A U L E D

Metal/Shard

Also Emerl/Gemerl, it felt like they were introducing Gemerl because people liked Emerl and they killed him off, so Gemerl would be their way of keeping the character around but then they shelved him forever. Not even a mention in Rush when you go to Vanilla's house.

Sonic Hatcher

>Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!
>ROM hacks,
No-one ever talks about these.

Look. If I try and write a guide for installing Retroarch and maybe getting Netplay and spectator mode working, will you fags actually play some of these games and ROM hacks a little more. Or at least talk about them more.

Retroarch is awesome and pretty straightforward actually. I think it would be good for everybody here to be on the same cores and ready to jump into play or just spectate whenever. I'd tie it into that old steam group if I could figure out how

kissu

Hey I was questioning why people shipped them in the first place

So how is everyone answering these questions? Do you think it's better to make outrageous choices like
>Favorite character Jet the Hawk
in the hopes they actually might remember. Or do you throw it onto a character who is already sort of used that you want more like Shadow or Knuckles?

You don't get to being the best Sonic hunter without some tricks.

How does one get good at classic level design?

I don't think SA3 is a good idea right now. Do you really want the current team and level designers to work on that?

According to Taxman, slopes.

shc is coming up soon
also does gens gs have netplay? i think it does i'd gladly play some.

Sort of agree
I actually wouldn't mind just having Boost sections as a small mini game/zone liek mach speed sections

Give me Sonic BOOOOM REEEE

I really liked the Wispons too, they're pretty fun when not throwing you off the level accidentally.

Just giving the gimmicks to characters like Amy or Cream and there, now they can be modern Sonic characters too.

Why does this make me laugh everytime

>B A L D

wait, infinite's bald?

Because Infinite has an gem and Blaze has an gem on her head. That's it, that's literally it.

as long as they work on win XP I'd be down. I was actually think about making a sonic 2 hack that focused on the 2P versus mode
>talk about them
what's there to talk about?

We did during SAGE not long ago.

small lel

No he has that white hair flowing

I really do hope they bring back Infinite.

I hope the Avatar doesn't become a staple of the series.

I begged them to make sonic great again

not even a footfag but this is doing something powerful to me

Emerl is for getting fucked up by Cream consensually

So do Moon Rings and Numbered Rings unlock any Avatar parts or are they just there to have players replay stages?