/cwg/ Classic WoW General

Stormwind Edition

>What is this?
Blizzard announced legacy servers, as we wanted them, at Blizzcon 2017.

>Where can I learn more?
There's not much info out right now, other than development has started - and that it'll stay true to the original experience.

Plausible Tom Chilton conspiracy below:
>After working on World of Warcraft from its alpha in 2004 to the release of Legion, in late 2016 Chilton announced that he would be leaving the team to "[focus] on another project within the company".
note: Blizzard said only one person was working on this until announcement so don't expect quick release

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14351696
us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759331144
youtube.com/watch?v=K8KDzuR3txI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm gay and so are all of you, lets FUCK

lolcow has joined the group.

should i level as a ret for the meme?

druids are fine
warriors aren't overpowered
raids weren't easy because of less complex mechanics

strawpoll.me/14351696

if you think a business is going to run like a charity, you have another thing coming. Look at OSRS's success on their "classic" relaunch, and you'll see what's coming for vanilla classic. If you think there are as many 12-16 year olds as there were for the original vanilla you are once again, just delusional. There WILL be patches/updates/content changes if vanilla classic is seen even 1% as a potential cash cow. Stay autistic

>valley of heroes sub zone edition

delete this, this game isn't real yet, MODS MODS

moot

Reminder that Veeky Forums will have weekend Warcraft lore threads to discuss nulore and oldlore.

>people want this back

BEGONE THOTTBOT

RETAIL FAGS FUCK OFF

NO QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES

STAY IN YOUR THREAD

ME WANT INFINITE MANA
ME WANT CLASS HOMOGENIZATION

>what do you mean we dont have a soul stone up?

are people unironically going to pay blizzard $15/month for something we've had for free, in playable condition for almost as long as the game has existed? why are you not insulted at the very proposition of them just now, over a decade later, offering you the privilege to pay for something you've wanted for that long?

i know TBC and beyond private servers are generally trash, not worth investing time into, and dont last but theres still vanilla servers that arent going anywhere any time soon

I'm gay as fuck for vanilla but is there really a point in having a general yet? We know next to nothing about when and how they're going to execute it.

>no corruption
>professional scripting
>stable servers
>no threat of getting shutdown and losing EVERYTHING
>region based
yes. i would gladly pay $30/mo. but then again, im not a poorfag.

we could just go shit post the BoA thread.

is battle for azeroth a patch or expansion?

>paying 15 dollars a month to not have to deal with chinks, phoosy and the current community light's hope has
>also I get a huge advantage over retail fags

Gladly

I hope they add group finder and rebalance the classes

Same. Money is not an issue. I've already given blizzard thousands at this point.

I know it's painful, but how painful would leveling as balance be

alexs first raid and hes already saying hes bored. this ADD faggot never lasts more than a week at level cap before he starts drama.

to avoid shitty private server corruption and chinks yes?
who in there right mind wouldn't?

Oh yeah, also better ping. I imagine blizzard is also smart enough to deal with the memory leak issue so we don't have a situation like 2 months ago. That shit was fucking aids for us melee classes!

Imagine this autism

us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759331144

this guy pretty much sums up all the concerns

I did it 40-60. It was legitimate hell. Don't do it.

he's playing a healer what did he expect.

>why are you healing so inefficiently alex?
>because im not a loser and i want to be on top of the meters

>Battlegroups are up for debate
>Class Balance isn't (expect for patch version(Which just nerfs hybrids))

le devilsaurus mafia *holds up spork*

people level as healing specs for no good reason so at least better than that. probably wouldnt be that bad, just a little slow and you'll either have to bug a mage every day or spend a lot on water

>ARCANITE REAPER HOOOOOOOOOO
youtube.com/watch?v=K8KDzuR3txI

fuck alexes stream are giving me bad feels

i wanna punch this Hotted guy
and this Rich chad guy

>corruption
>community
>unstable servers

I bet you think Nostalrius was just like real Vanilla too except for the gold selling.

Nostalrius stock core (aka Elysium) is nothing like real WoW, if you'd played on gummy's beta that had correct values you'd know how faceroll everything is on Elysium.

He's awful in every part of the game. All he does is stand in one spot, with no situational awareness, and clicks on the boxes as they empty. He couldn't play Warrior because more than 2-3 buttons is too much. He couldn't play Warlock because he couldn't figure out how threat worked. Now he plays healers where all he does is stand back and clicks on boxes. He may as well played Bejeweled.

Just have 2/2 ghost wolf by 20. That's basically the only thing that matters leveling shaman.

asmongold is actually insufferable
>That's how it was so no changes
>No more reasoning than that

The only class really worth watching streamed doing pve is warrior or rogue.
honestly streaming pve is kind of retarded because vanilla is very 1 dimensional he should just go shadow and try to fight people.

You don't know the model yet, plus $15 isn't a lot for the average person in 2017.. stop worrying about others and sort yourself out

>alex
>pvp

will herbalism and mining be useless at launch?

gonna be a lot of competition

They'll make stupid gold if you can get the nodes.

go mine and herb in the enemy area as a rogue, just pick off people going for the nodes.

like 2 hours after launch? yeah. for the first few weeks at peak hours? yeah.

do what reasonable people do and poopsock in the middle of the night.

Always pick up skinning at the beginning of servers.

> tfw 12 and thotbotting nearly every quest since the directions remained unclear even after reading the description

Go northeast then south then take a walk to the east. And ofc when you came back you notice you forgot a quest and have to go there again....

as long as they don't put any rebalance or QoL features in the launch version - which they won't - I still get to laugh at hybridcucks
blizz can change shit after that point, idgaf

Is there a point to the 60 paladin quest other than the mount? I think I might just buy one rather than do all that shit.

wandering around aimlessly until you run into a pack of mobs 5 levels higher than you before you get frustrated and open thottbot was part of the charm of vanilla

>people actually thinking it's going to be a private server-esque launch

news flash: They know nost had 8-12k players, are going to go on the safe side and make 10ish servers (pve/pvp/rp) with each server holding 2-3k players

me wunt buffs without reagents
me wunt transmog

it's slightly less raw gold cost, assuming you can provide at least some of the trade goods yourself.
Also it's impressive.

that will be hugely understating the popularity (at least initially). a big percentage of the eisting userbase will at least want to try vanilla when it launches and there will be a pretty big group of new subscriptions as well

Should I roll Dwarf Shadow priest in PVP for the racials or can I still go Nelf and be viable? I'd like to hit rank 14 one day with enough dedication.

>i think they should add...
how to spot a faggot

>30k total players
Ya a 15 hours que.

Devilsaur is preraid bis-

hnnng I forgot about all the little maps and bits of story on wc3 loading screens

>he doesnt know about stat priority and how strong +hit is before you cap
hello retailfag

>ilvl > stats

Here's the deal:

Grab skinning: People are broke as shit during launch so gold will be hard to come by and vendoring leathers will get you decent money

Yes, grab herbalism or mining if you're going alch/eng/BS. But don't go out of your way to train it. Mine/pick what you find, it'll be a clusterfuck early on, but if you manage to get ahead of the pack profession-wise you'll fucking drown in resources no one can access but you. If you fall behind then it doesn't matter, forget about it, come back and train them at 60.

Arthas would have wanted a taunt.

>hasn't read the image

man I can't wait for everyone to level warlocks first now because with hindsight people realize they're by far the easiest way to get a level 60 so you can funnel gold to an alt of a class you actually want to play. It'll be just like vanilla!

Definitely some good shit for worldbuilding.

Blizzard has way more reach than an obscure private server. Tons of people will return and some might hop over from retail to the new classic servers especially if battle of azeroth is in a content drought at release time.

Will I enjoy classic if I started in 5.4?

Even the best private servers over the years were pretty trashy / poorly coded and full of non-English speakers and gold spammers. Plus you play knowing you're going to lose your progress anyway when the admins sperg out and steal money or Blizz shuts it down

but would garithos?

sure, why not

thats an easy to answer question no one will enjoy classic user.

ME WANT INSTANT TRAVEL

ME WANT BADGE GEAR

>itemlevel doesn't matter
>private server kiddies are this delusional

do you like the second m in mmo and do you like the character progression part of rpg's?

ilvl matters when stats are well budgeted
protip: they weren't in vanilla

Ilvl doesn't matter for BiS, retail baby.

Yeah but I play a uh dk on live so not even sure what to pick

if they would launch it on the same time as an expansion they could mitigate an overcrowded launch for both

I never played retail past BC, what's the difference between ilvl and like a pre-bis/bis list?

yeah it's ilvl, that's why an ilvl 63 is above a 68
FUCKING MORON

>simultaneous launch
>shitloads of people join for vanilla wow
>nobody buys the garbage expansion or plays on it
If they do this retail will die and be replaced with classic.

Ilvl became important when gearscore became a thing in wrath. Ilvl is the item level of gear. In vanilla stats matter more.

Nah, Blizzard said that their main focus has been infrastructure since day 1 and will continue to be the main focus until the release.
So the servers will most likely hold ~8k, but will change and reform until most of the players has found their "home". I think some of Blizzard's largest servers holds like 60k people, so that won't really be a problem for them.

I personally think 8-10k is more than enough on one server. Especially in vanilla.

would be interesting to see where most of the players would go if they launched at the same time

BiS ignores ilevel, but ilevel can often be correlated with BiS
It's just a ranking of where that gear is from, much like "tiers", and generally have improved stats over lower ilevel gear.

who else here going to steal names so streamers cant get them?

RIP asmongold and swifty
fuck u fags

Hilarious kiddo!

As if you'll be playing on their servers

bis lists take into account things like hit-cap, you may have sacrifice other stats to become hit-capped

There's no way in hell Blizzard would clash classic WoW launch with a new expansion launch.
They will either launch classic servers ~6 months before the new expansion (which currently doesn't seem likely). Or simply launch it a few months after the new expansion, when the player base usually starts dying out.. so basically 2-4 months into the new expansion, but knowing Blizzard.. 1 year into the new expansion.

you severely under estimate the power of autism. these people threw shit fits over something that was 100% free, you think they're going to magically stop being retarded now?

nah, I gotta claim my generic names like "John" on roleplay servers first

as an example there are some real odd items like edgemaster handguards (level 44) that would have a terrible ilvl but are considered very strong at the start of endgame

ive also written down a couple of friends names i made from lights hope, jsut to take them for zero reason

I'm gonna use my superior internet to grab rare and short names.