/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Have a good thread, /mhg/.

Monster Hunter!

GREAT SWORD STRENGTH

I WANT TO FIGHT CLIFFORD RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Have any soup meals been confirmed to be in World?

Who?

Charms were a mistake that World is fixing

>want to play FU after emulating p3rd
>start up the game
>immediately remember that I have to do all the farming and gathering BS again
>lose will to play

Yes, and clownsuits were a mistake I hope will be fixed by World.

Use cheats to give you 99 of whatever is in your box. No one will know.

Doing it at 2x speed in PPSSPP makes it somewhat more tolerable but getting 2 blue mushrooms per hunt is absolutely unforgivable. Not to mention nitroshrooms if you fell for the bow meme.

>For some reason vendors don't sell stuff like Iron Ores later on
Sorry, but I am not farming 200 of those.

What's wrong with clownsuits?

>Adjusting the system clock is effort

my Main hunter in 4U with 1.3k hours, most of which 136+ GQ spamming, has yet to receive a SINGLE FUCKING CHARM WITH THE ATTACK SKILL on it.

and im not talking casually playing the game, getting charms and hoping for the best, i'm talking relentless charm farming, maximizing juju RNG while farming, and infinite hours of receiving top tier charms from GQs. not ONE of these thousands upon thousands of charms i have received has ever had even 1 point in the attack stat. this is the kind of shit that new players read on the internet about MH games and get scared off by

Absolutely more effort than 'I want this charm and am not autistic enough to spend 99999999 years farming it'. Doing it before G rank is just cheating, but at G rank no one should ever be forced to charm farm, ever.

Bind the speed up function on the R2 button. Hold it down whenever you gather. Seriously, any gathering quest takes like 3 minutes.

>forced
>being THIS deluded

>huting with Palicos while using Lance or Gunlace.
Never i have wanted to kill myself faster in my whole life.

Whatever helps you justify the means then. I'm not going to edit the infographic to endorse cheating if that's what you're implying.

So don't bring cats
Or use Stealing cats, they barely ever get targeted

i never used them in any game.i wanted to play some P3rd and booted it up a with a save that had them. I now remember why i never use them.

Have we seen Focus on any armor set in World?

It really seems like GS has natural Focus in World, honestly. I haven't done comparisons, but charging seems unusually fast.

Yeah because it's just as strong and only has one level of charge. We should make it longer.

How is local co-op going to work in World?

what are you even saying?

Don't think it supports local co-op.

Apparently Focus is around and at least shown to be on one armor, but with multiple pips like other skills. Now I must wonder if Critical Draw and the like will return or if the devs want to eliminate them to discourage GS users spamming charged critical draws.

You bring your PS4 and all its components to your friends house, and plug it into their second television, and then connect through the internet to join eachother.

it's beautiful anons!

It HAS to charge faster since you now get 3 charged attacks that has to be used consecutively. GS is no longer a one button weapon.

>discourage GS users spamming charged critical draws
Isn't that the only good way to play GS though?

Didn't all the Nintendo Monster Hunter games support that? Are we really losing features in the new game?

That reminds me, the Tackle on the MHW GS looks really cool, reminds me of Hurk from Vindictus a bit, canceling attacks with armored charges to withstand attacks

How would it support Local Co-op on a home console?

MH1, Dos and Tri didn't have local co-op outside of the arena in Tri.

>Console
>Local Co-Op
What?

Multiple weapons are like this, receiving inherent buffs that would be armour skills before; other examples include evade extender on the HBG and marathon runner on the stamina consumption of demon mode for DBs. I imagine it's so they'll have an easier early game and armour sets can be considered around what you'd *like* to have rather than what you *need* to have. That's what it seems like the intent is to me anyway.

Exit the game some times. The game still has charm tables

Are you using nvidia?

Whats going to be the first weapon you try in the beta?

yes

That's probably for the best, eliminating "necessary" armor skills always felt like it made the choice a bit illusory

Just going to go right down the list, one by one. So Greatsword, assuming GS is the first weapon in the box.

Damn. Still waiting on an AMD fix.

Can you transfer over 3DS save data by any chance?

oh i'm very aware. like i said, i did every single thing possible to put the odds in my favor. every possible exploit short of cheating

that's what I'm trying right now. I made a new save with all the dlcs and see if I can transfer it.

Can anyone upload the 4u rom to google drive? I want to test it on citra. The only links are for MEGA, but I refuse to use their "download helper" spyware.

With a link cable of some sort. If I could play local coop in Red Alert on the playstation in the 90s then how hard can it be for the same to happen with World?

JUST GIVE ME THE FUCKING S ZINOGRE TAIL

IT HAS A 70% DROP RATE

I'VE CUT THREE

STOP WITH THIS DESIRE DETECTOR BULLSHIT

I HATE THIS FUCKING MONSTER

STOOOOPPPPP

Use a premium link generator with mega and download the link with a download manager. n00b

Too late, already found a torrent.

Ever since Freedom Unite introduced both skills into the series it's practically the most optimal way yes, though Gen/XX Weakness Exploit is probably more favorable depending on style/matchup/etc. The strong charge exists to put more into the weapon than just unsheathe attacks, the tackle cancel thing is probably going to make things a bit more interesting as well.

Is everyone levitating?

DRAW YOUR FAVORITE NEW MONSTER.

Moga/Tanzia were comfy as fuck.

*want

We live in an era where consoles can connect to other consoles through the internet. The only reason you would need to connect to another console locally to play with them is if you didn't have an internet connection.

If you have a PS4, and your friend has a PS4, then you can both connect to the internet and play together. No link cables required.

Are you telling me you don't have an internet connection to use to play with your friends? Why would you need a link cable when you literally only need some source of wi-fi to connect your PS4 to the internet, and by extension other PS4s. You can even set up in the same room as them to make it feel like local co-op. I'm really not understanding your need for local co-op when that's something Handhelds and older consoles use because they can't always connect to the internet.

What do Kirin sluts keep in their little heart-shaped pouch?

Discuss.

Guild Cards, how retarded are you?

Don't you need to pay for a sub to play online?

A confession letter to her hunter senpai that she's too embarrassed to deliver.

tfw too lazy to install ps and connect tablet

>5th gen babies
Piss off. The only way any of World's shitty monsters could be your favorite is if you haven't played any of the other games.

he said favorite new monster you fucking retard

>NEW MONSTER
What's it like living with mental disability?

pls be bait pls be bait

connect your tablet, i wanna see what you're capable of

>3 layers of claws
Who OK'd this

Ryozo's son

Congratulations retard.

some other day, europoor needs to sleep

How are you doing this

Lance charge takes less stamina now too, which is nice
Has anyone noticed if DB got its innate Razor Sharp back?

>back
The only game in recent memory that didn't have it was 4

regardless, i think it's back. I haven't seen DB tear through sharpness alarmingly fast or anything

hold the fuck up. DB naturally lose sharpness at half the rate in some games?

hunter-senpai is also a girl btw

the bottom layer looks like suction pads

I thought all of 4U was missing it
I might be mistaken since I don't play DB much

What possible reason would there be to not bring your Palico

girl (male)

yeah. if it didn't sharpness would last half as long since each hit of either sword counts as its own hit and uses sharpness accordingly

>all of 4U was missing it
It was gone in 4 and came back in 4U, I know that much.

The weapon type I use benefits the most from having the monster focus on me at all times, and having a Palico means it's a guessing game who the monster will attack next.

A new pair of pantsu. Just in case

In MHFU they can literally kill you if they're a bomber, and even normal ones can trip you. Though the only reason to not bring a peaceful-nature healing cat is 'wut r u casul lmao' memes

girl (male) (female)

tomboys a best

being on your own removes an element of unpredictability that the monster has with multiple targets present

No that's gay.

>gay huntresses

motorcycles for world

>tfw no Monster Hunter World on Nintendo Switch

Adamant seeds.

Huntress sluts on motorcycles for World!

If I was a Kirin slut I would keep pictures of my butt in that pouch. There's a lot of downtime during hunts where those can be looked at.

So I haven't been to this general in a while, but last time I was you guys didn't want me to be excited for World.

Has that changed now given the trailers? Because I'm getting hyped

We're mildly excited.