Overwatch General - /owg/

>b-but Moira's ugly!
vocaroo.com/i/s0zgAxqwdeMl

>Blizzcon dropped a bunch of stuff recently
>new map and new hero coming soon, new short out now
>South Korea won the world cup, what a shock
>a whole bunch of Blizzard-themed skins are getting added into the base game (Nova Widowmaker, Protoss Orisa, stuff like that, ETA 2018)

>New hybrid map, "Blizzard World," coming soon
youtube.com/watch?v=Ii3Hce3_fOw

>New offensive healer, "Moira," on PTR
youtube.com/watch?v=8tLopqeL9s8
youtube.com/watch?v=6ETybQd4uRE (origin story)

>New cinematic, "Honor and Glory"
>yes, the armor will be one of the new skins
youtube.com/watch?v=sQfk5HykiEk

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/junkrat-the-return-of-junkenstein

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21179257
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>D.va playguide
youtube.com/watch?v=KllsqXQoqXM

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

cupcakedrawings.tumblr.com/post/167100136464/moira-is-my-bae
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How can you carry as a support, why do i get put with dps that cant even hit anyone ;_; I dont deserve this shit. ;___;

RELEASE THE FUCKING MERCY NERF ALREADY THE GAME IS SO FUCKING BAD REEEEEE RELEASE IT RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW NOW NOW NOW I NEED IT NOW GIVE IT GIVE IT GIVE IT FUCKING GIVE THE MERCY NERF WHY WHY DOES SHE EXIST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So does being mentally ill make you play Mercy or does playing Mercy make you mentlaly ill?

So in the most ideal situation can Nu-Mercy rez more people with her new ult than the old method of hiding in the corner and five man rezing after a fight?

As soon as placement is done im going back to quick play, fuck comp.

>hurr lets make every map a choke point and have dozens of barriers to negate damage but only one hero who can eat through a couple barriers

They're one in the same. There's no before, there's no after.

>post yfw Jeff removes rez entirely and all those numales and sluts regret their "Big Rez :):):)" tattoos

No. At best she can rez two and that's only if she didn't rez anyone previously within the last 10 seconds.

>basing your whole identity around a female character has negative effects on your mind
who'da thought

Gee, will you look at that. Another shitty OP.

Could you just, you know, "kys", as you kids say?

Just instalock dps. If someone's not doing their job and that's why you're failing, do the job yourself.

go back in time and relive the golden age of ana
we will NEVER have a support that can carry that hard again

Must be the group heal making me think people won't die then

I wish

you could play zen, orb helps compensate for your teams lack of skill.

That's kind of one of the reasons she's so good, the more mobility a hero has, the better they usually are. See Winston, Genji, Tracer, DVA, Mercy, Lucio.

The faster you are the more of an advantage you have over your opponents. The advantage goes up the more directions you're able to travel in at fast speeds.

>Go back to three tanks and nothing ever dying

When supports are too strong you end up with horrible slogs of games that boils down to whoever loses the supports first, loses. This is what mercy is doing now it's just that Hog isn't as DPS as he was so you generally need another DPS.

When DPS are too strong you get dive.

>he cares about the OP
imagine being this much of a faggot

Considering how little success I’ve been having with dva this sounds like what I’ll have to do until/if he gets his numbers switched around again. M2 gibs will also help me work on my aim so I guess it isn’t all bad. It just sucks there’s no other like equivalent to him that I can switch to. Nobody else really does what hog does.

>scummy teammates
>cant leave or might get penalized

do i just throw or what do i do?

Whoops meant for

Anybody looking to duo/group? just drop from mid gold to low lmao, At least i can put some ounce of trust in you lot instead of random shitters

You throw, but you make it look like you were trying

>Back when Ana's boost also increased move speed
We need it back

you’re honestly right. the closest thing to old hog is old doomfist and they’re both gone.

Use the opportunity to get practice with heroes you want to get better at.

People complained about boosted Reinhardt wading through the enemy team killing everyone though. With his faster swing speed now he'd be even better at it.

I suppose you could still do it, but you need to probably slow Ana's ultimate charge rate down.

They should have tooled Ana's nanoboost to give EVERYONE a unique effect interaction with her nanoboost instead of just a few characters like McCree

what does nano do to mccree that it doesn't to others?

>enemy team is playing godly
>account has bronze lvl 20 borders with no stars

I I hope every fucking Smurf gets god damn bone cancer

Makes his ultimate lock on faster

You uninstall the game and wait till next season

>zenyatta remains the only character in the game that can throw a HoT on an ally at range
>he's primarily a dps hybrid

Damn, D.va looks like THAT?

I wanted a aura paladin type healer but I'm pretty sure Lucio is making that unlikely.

Did genji lose both his arms? In his blackwatch skin he has one arm, but in the normal skin it looks robotic.

Got a troll on our team and this man bit the bullet and dodged for us.
You should all aspire to be more like him.

>player leaves a match
>takes quite literally half the match for them to be replaced
what a dead game

>tfw diamond genji in silver/gold smurf

Damn i feel like Goku

When did this game become so unsatisfying? I feel no joy playing anymore, winning or losing. Hell, I'm having more fun playing fucking Paladins than this shit right now

Don't Mercy and Orisa's beams do that too? The lock-on going faster is because he's doing more damage with his ultimate.

I think he's referring to it increasing how fast Deadeye locks on

>Waah, why can't I just be a one-trick Mercy main and get to plat like all the other Mercy mains??
Seriously fuck off.
I'm sick and tired of Overwatch games being entirely dictated by the class category that takes the least skill to play. I can have a 90% headshot accuracy on Mcree and get all the elims in the world but that won't mean shit if our team doesn't have a fucking Mercy who gets 20 upboats and everyone thinks is a god.

Honestly if Blizzard didn't want people griefing with Torb or giving up in ranked they would remove Junkrat and Mercy and make the game somewhat enjoyable

Let's do confessions /owg/! I'll start:
I've been in masters for many seasons now but don't really know how to counter a bastion behind barrier heroes, especially on attack

I don't know how badly they want every healer to be a special snowflake in terms of healing. Eventually they're gonna run out of gimmicks even though we really fucking need more supports.

Not sure how it calculates it, but it's a nice thing either way. Wish nanoboost gave everyone something unique

>5 man stack
>guy is playing as mercy
>is only playing battlemercy and won't heal
>he thinks it's funny to throw and be a prick
These bans can't come soon enough.

how long is best girl going to be on the PTR?

Poor Ana

More of the previous.
Stupid people with no skill are naturally going to gravitate to the character that doesn't have to do anything or aim and get all the credit.

d.va is cute

>PTR
>game finds a match
>spends a couple minutes saying "Joining game"
>fails to connect to server

It's been like this for the last several hours. Is Blizzard going to fix it soon?

>Implying that will fix OP DPS heros deleting you instantly
>Implying that will remove hard stun "Press Q to win" ults

This game is a trashcan.

Same, think I'll go bacl to TF2. Fuck this game.

Nothing but fixed ranked matches with decreasing numbers telling you how you suck and bullshit ults team wiping you at the last second to make you lose.

Reminder that you don't need to top people off with Moira's heal if they're out of fire

>After she stops healing there is a heal over time for a short duration; it will heal 50 health over the course of three seconds (16.66 health / s for three seconds).

Mercy is fine you fucking brainlet.

I agree, she's great with the PTR nerf.

People like to meme about this shit a lot, but it can legit be a difficult problem to deal with, especially if the Bastion has godly tracking.
Your best bet is a Sombra ult though.

Not an argument.

>mercy shitters
HAHAHA never gets old

Neat
The only problem now is getting people to shoot the airborne Mercy. They don't fucking see her so they don't shoot her, she's right above your heads, folks! LOOK UP

Like the other guy said, Sombra is your best friend for barrierfags. Ganja is great for distracting Bastions as well while the rest of your team pushes. Alternatively Junkrat can take down barriers easily while either Hoggo hooks him or Ana sleeps him.

>Mercy is fine you fucking brainlet.

What's the general consensus on junkrat as a way to deal with this?

I still think that she will overshadow other supports due to being the only reliable main healer.

I hate mercy you dumb cunt. Neither of those things exclusively impact mercy. In fact I'd argue with her mobility and flight cancer she's more resistant to bullshit than most heros.

Filtered.

RIP Internethulk
;_;

how more destroyed can a man get?

ptr patch cant come soon enough

GIMME THAT SAUCE RN

>tfw on console so can't even play on the PTR

Mercy will always be main healer because of ress, nothing more.

daily reminder

inb4 tumblr

cupcakedrawings.tumblr.com/post/167100136464/moira-is-my-bae

just reported you all to Jeff for abusive chat

how do I become a god like Wraxu

>nigger dick
>tumblr

And yet, you intentionally fuck it up, time after time.

Image being YOU. Loser.

Anyone feel like playing about in QP with an Orisa main?

post brigette

Oh no, user-kun

BRING ME ANOTHER

Art of Moira in her Reaper outfit when?

>gold problems

Don't worry, mods are schleep

Why? That fluff is just a reference to Reaper's life steal

Check out this hottie.

Nothing like cornering a mekaless Hana Song and murdering her

Play Zen or Lucio two tiers below your current rank.

;^)