freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

2dwillneverdie.com/tutorial/vector-to-pixel-building-your-sprites-in-adobe-illustrator/
blendermarket.com/products/voxel-heat-diffuse-skinning
youtube.com/watch?v=73iWKND3SRg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daily reminder to never give up. Make those games a reality!

yeah, but what's the name of the scene, can't find it.

2dwillneverdie.com/tutorial/vector-to-pixel-building-your-sprites-in-adobe-illustrator/

just shrink vector traces into a raster

Why is making an inventory so difficult? The inventory itself is simple enough, but swapping items between inventories (player inventory and storage for example) while displaying everything just does my head in.

OnStoreButtonClicked() {
Item item = GetSelectedItem();

inventory.Remove(item);
storage.Add(item)
}

whoa so hard

It's one of the .scn files, open the project.godot file or import it in the godot launcher and play the project, the right scene should play by default.

It says they're not scene files.

Are you using godot 2.1 or 3.0? The master branch demos are for 3.0. I can't test the demo since I'm phoneposting but opening the .scn files is supposed to work fine.

Posting again for feedback

changed chibi eye style

progress

wat gaem

Three progress posts in a row? Unless reek shows up this could be a good thread.

mine's a shitpost i don't have a game :/

What kind of downloads did your demos get?

make a shmup

150 or so.

under the hood its the same thing

just the presentation may differ

Holy fuck he's retarded.

Anyone use Maya? Is Voxel Heat Skinning a meme?

blendermarket.com/products/voxel-heat-diffuse-skinning

The temple entry room is looking pretty nice after we added some lighting and particle effects plus some collision box tweaks.

I also build a sound management system that allows for the pitch and volume of sounds to have variance each time they're played which makes footsteps sound much nicer.

Here's the same webm with sound:

would Pokemon red and blue just as good if made in Game Maker?
No, it got the magic of Assembly, thats why its so good.
The professional engineering and expertise in creation of elegant code makes a game better.

>gender and sex
>not the same thing

Star Wars Episode 10 - Revenge of the flying wookie jedi

>he's making a pixel game

lots of great games where pixelgames in the 90s
and they still are great games

I enjoy seeing progress on this one. Keep it up.

Thanks

Um, look closely at your monitor sweetie. Every game is a pixel game

what's a pixel game?

This logic is stupid

Only thing to be concerned about is rixels. Tallxels, smallxels, pixels, vixels, and swoxels are fun

>tfw you post progress on tumblr and you get reblogged by a bunch of furries

Furries are literally the best customers. They buy everything in a series and share it in their community like fire. You should be thrilled, you've made it.

furries are relatively rich, good audience

Devs please.

>not taking advantage of your captive audience of exploitables

kek

time to draw wofl getting fucked by a giant cat's penis

>he's making a voxel game

What audiences are as good as furries for making money?

psst hey guys check out my first pass on this boss fight

youtube.com/watch?v=73iWKND3SRg

2nd phase might be a bit unfair

>making a trixel game

better than swoxels. That guy was insane

>mfw Furcadia followed me

What are some GMS2 tutorials for the absolute beginner

Yeah second phase looks really hard. But it's looking good other than that.

There are algorithms that detect licensed music.

>making a hexel game

the manual

I never understood why people use copyrighted music in their games, even for early development demos. There's so many free musics that are acceptable enough to put into a demo. The demo doesn't need super good music.

Is Rust a good language for game development?

in that particular case, it's a shitpost game with shitpost music

How do people make noodly arm in blender? tutorial.request

Rust will always be trash while it's as limited as it is.

Use bendy bones

Cant do bendy bones in unity i thought?

What happened to sam in that pic? The un-edited one.

They just export into multiple bones internally, I think.
If that does not work just add extra bones manually.

Point me to some royalty free music music please.

finally got caught for his shooting sprees

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

Charge shot's done, and with it, all of the Main Gun types planned.

How do I get good at 3D modeling? Every time I see a picture like this I always think "that's so simple", but then it turns out to be harder than I expected and I can't make it look good.

you planned for it to look boring visually?

Looks better than anything you've made, so there's that at least.

cgcookie.com

Conscious learning is the best kind of learning.

Literally doing the same thing tonight user.I decided to try sketching things out on a notebook, just basic shapes/thicknesses of areas. Seems like it's helping

Have mercy, I'll slap a cool shader on it later.

Shit this looks real cool.

Why are those not in a texture atlas what the FUCK are you doing hahaha

Texture atlases have a bit of fucky graphical glitches with rotation in monogame. I try to avoid them in rotated contexts where possible, but I still keep them if something is animated.

Why is Rust limited?

Why does gogem have a go at americans so often? He seems to have quite the chip on his shoulder.

They used to be fine in XNA. Why not just draw a circle in the engine and scale it? This is a horrible soultion

>still telling people to pay that much for tutorials
hah, good one user

>$21 for hundreds and hundreds of hours of high quality tutorials
Yeah, a real shocker.

Yeah, I remember them being fine in XNA too, but there's just been graphical glitches out the ass. I actually plan on eventually animating this god-forsaken bullet, which means that each of those are eventually going to be atlases on their own. Ultimately, it doesn't really effect much though. As for drawing a circle in engine and scaling it, I did it like this to not have mixels. I went out of my way for that. Rixels are one thing, but I can't exactly sit by and introduce mixels into the game.

fucking bogan.

He is fucking pathetic.

You can do it in engine without mixels. I did it for my game (long ago, 6 years maybe?). Forgot how but there's definitely tutorials out there. Whitaker or reiner or whoever it was had them

Thanks user

You're remembering to exercise right? Don't let your blood clot up while you're game deving.

I'll look it up sometime, thanks user.

3d modeling is like drawing but with even harder tools to do the manipulation. If you couldn't already sculpt something amazing or draw an amazing 3d object on paper, then you're not going to make it.

Thanks, im reek tho, not user

Maybe you should take a bath then, user.

Guys I'm new to godot, trying to create something like XCOM

Is there any way to detect mouse events on a tilemap?

I need to know which tile the mouse is hovering over, which tile the player just clicked, etc
But, apparently, the tilemap doesnt have any signal to do this kind of thing and, apparently, attaching a script to each sprite on the tilemap doesnt work either
I could probably put some collisionShape2D over the tilemap and get the mouse event with an Area2D signal, but then I would have to calculate which tile I am based on the mouse position, and this sounds complicated because the map is isometric...

Is there an easy way to do this?

>pay attention to me! hey! HELLO!
this fucking guy

>sourceposter freaking out last thread
>all of his posts are gone
>all of the people he accused of being him still have their posts up
You'd think he would learn at some point? That moth really fucked him up.

Reminder that you should be making your own engine, if only to understand how engines work.

actually many of his posts stayed up. but yes his mass deletions usually reveal how much he false flags and it's disturbing.

But WHO is he false flagging? Wtf is it all about?

You just use the normal _input() callback and do basic calculations to convert the mouse position to a grid position, which will tell you which tile the cursor is hovering over at the time of the click.
In fact I think the TileMap has a world to map function built in.

It's literally four of us in discord flagging each other

practice is the only way

I've looked at Godot's main loop. That's more than enough to understand how an engine works.

thats why you leave a transparent border around all your images

ok so search fireden archives for mothdan. it was some guy doing a unity game who managed to not only send "rotatedev" but this sourceposter guy into psychotic spirals that lasted for like 1 year. so they became known as the "literally insane shitposter". sourceposter is still going but not as much as he used to.
that's all i know and it's because both rotatedev and sourceposter became literally obsessed and crazy about this mothdan and started spamming about him 24/7 calling him "danny" so i looked into that.
do a fireden archive search for "danny" and you'll see sourceposter and rotatedev posts. they both remain to this day known as the craziest shitposters, but sourceposter was a 100% nodev when rotate had slightly more potential.
this is the official record. discord kids and newfags think it's all a meme because they didn't witness it and see it drag on for years. the literally insane shitposter is literally insane.

Well I got the GUI to support non-mouse input! (ie keyboard/gamepad). Now you can scroll through lists and such, like pic related. Even got it to scroll down when you scroll past the bottom. Note: I only made the item list so small to test this out. I'll have it be taller normally.