/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1045 - Cajun OC Edition.

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hnq6ksqbYxo
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNowGW4qwu0NVUUHbrDVD66mkVGPezMo1xFGWcv1zFCZM0QQ/viewform
docs.google.com/document/d/1Yg4kwxlaVrxnoc6Vqo7cfFAPt7CFAg4DTYXeD03W2jI/edit?usp=sharing
metacritic.com/game/switch/sonic-forces/critic-reviews
youtube.com/watch?v=ReIKoPrx5u8
youtube.com/watch?v=Eyc_8SWLKiI
youtube.com/watch?v=50tjRfNuJ4I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Modern Sonic should guest star in Sonic Mania 2, then people might realize how stupid pairing them in the same game is.

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

anyone upset that birbs have sticks for arms instead of wings with those large feather fingers?

That's how it's always been in sanic.
The fox boy can fly, but the birds need jetpacks/extreme gear/grappling hooks/ect

*Whispers why is this thread so early? Should have used a cuter op*

marriesu

I hit a dash pad that launched me up here and i'm standing on nothing

Were you using the drill while doing that? I've gotten it to launch me into places I shouldn't be going before.

I wish there was a good wispon other than flames that didn't kill your speed/momentum.

> white panties
> non-briefs

*cringes*

I don't believe I was using it at the time, the launch pad sent me there, I hit the wall, fell down and just landed right here

>is going to be 70 in metacritic just wait!!
Worst thing is i bet you took the survey and put that the game is amazing and need no fix.

CHRONIC THE HEDGEHOG

I actually love the drill, I use a single spin as a sort of mini jump to reorganize myself and a double spin to clear a small force or cross a divide

triple is for reclearing levels I know well

WHERE
IS
MY
TORRENT

I really enjoy the drill too, maybe my favorite, but sometimes when I just want to kill one guy, having to use it end up being kind of awkward. I wish you moved forward a bit or something

It's been hours, you should finish this up sometime.

No Xbox version, come on step it up.

Is it true that Forces at some point wasn't meant to be the new A title?

We don't know.

why are there so many avatar icons on the map i you can access the avatar on the map by pressing R?

How can I insert infinite in my Sonic high school fanfiction?

>grinding out 100% in all of the levels on Switch to try and see if that nets you Super Sonic
>if it does I have to do the same thing on PC
>if it doesn't I wasted my time
Sega doesn't understand fun collectables.

He's the bullied kid who becomes a bully.

I still think Super Sonic is DLC.

It's easier now than ever, just insert Buddy into your story and have him go
>please, call me ____

I'd only accept that if they said it was DLC with a free 10 mission story.

>You'll never see a Sonic game similar to Mania that takes the 3D era characters and gives them "Classic" forms.

Classic Team Dark never...

fuck

Aaron specifically said not to expect a 10 level thing.

I bet he cried a lot.

how many babies will they have

But boosting in Mode 7.

That's gotta hurt.

youtu.be/hnq6ksqbYxo

How do you think Modern Sonic feels knowing Tails prefers Mania Sonic

Can someone give me a link for the sonic survey?

>That moment when Tails wants Sonic as much Amy.

Modern has Buddy. He'll be fine.

here's a link to the survey
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNowGW4qwu0NVUUHbrDVD66mkVGPezMo1xFGWcv1zFCZM0QQ/viewform
be sure to fill it out with your honest opinions. Also make sure to avoid using overly harsh language and swears since anyone reading it will be tempted to skip your responses

It's fine, Modern Sonic prefers Boom Tails anyways.

You know if this was Boom we would have a good couple counseling episode about Sonic and Tails finding new buddies with Eggman as their counselor

>Metal Sonic appears. Boss time!
>"Oh yeah! Time for HUEHUEHU-"
>The shitty U.S. music plays.

Good luck fat rat.

lel, cute

>Tails acts depressed and quickly replaces him
>Amy decides not to mope around and do what Sonic would have wanted
Tails worst girl.

Imagine that crossover, modern Taiks keked again.

>prefer us metal theme
>it’s a fucking dubstep remix
You got off lightly user.

We have 4 games that've used the japanese "Bad Future" stardust speedway for Metal sonic. Who cares if they use the US one once.

>Who cares if they use the US one once.
Um... because it sucks and this is a mainline title?

>when you both have to eat those words

>it sucks
subjective
>This is a mainline title
So? Honestly the fact that they keep reusing stardust speedway for metal sonic's theme in and of itself is obnoxious. It'd be like if every time you ever saw knuckles the drum beats from sonic 3 played.
Besides you literally JUST got another Japanese Stardust Speedway in Mania. We don't need one remix of the same song twice in the same year, within 5 months of each other.

I feel a bit dead inside after Fire Cannon 2

I didn't know there was a Cheonsam outfit. Immediately made a new avatar as soon as I acquired one.

>Cheonsam
I guess I'm getting this game now

How do you unlock Extra stages?

I’ve always like seeing the fanarts of something like those

get Red Rings

BTW The OP OC is the main villain from a Sonic fangame my friend is designing.

He's an old Witch Doctor who wants to use Amy as a vessel to bring his dead girlfriend back.

Evening, everyone. I have some new updates to share regarding the /sthg/ 3D Sonic Project. Many of these issues were brought up to me tonight by some very kind and detailed Anons. Thanks, guys. So, here's what I've got:
>The automatic camera has been altered to behave more closely to the one found in Sonic Adventure in how it follows Sonic, as well as matching the height and the distance from him. More changes planned for future releases.
>Sonic's flat ground speed, the top speed that he can reach on flat ground from a stand-still has been substantially nerfed from 80 m/s to 65 m/s, making basic maneuvering and platforming more manageable.
>Actual top speed given optimum conditions increased to 343 m/s (the real-world speed of sound)
>The player may now freely move the camera with the right stick while standing still and will only perform its auto-adjust when Sonic starts moving again.
>Sonic's slow-down while changing direction slightly increased
>More realistic bounce physics implemented when bouncing on enemies from a normal jump
>Homing Attack bounce height increased slightly to promote more accurate platforming out of the bounce
>Minor changes to jump arc
>Spin Dash has been nerfed slightly
>Skidding force nerfed.
>Test stage now contains a large, hilly terrain to play in. The terrain also contains a new loop and half pipe for testing purposes.

Here's the link to the feedback sheet with the new download link. Hope you enjoy the changes, guys. As always, feel free to give it a try and leave feedback.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Yg4kwxlaVrxnoc6Vqo7cfFAPt7CFAg4DTYXeD03W2jI/edit?usp=sharing

Why did you make the thread so early? It's not difficult to wait until 750.

metacritic.com/game/switch/sonic-forces/critic-reviews
>Switch Player: 70/100
>Game Informer: 65/100
>Nintendo Enthusiast: 65/100
>Areajugones: 65/100
>Nintendo Life: 60/100
>Hobby Consolas: 57/100
>Destructoid: 55/100
>Cubed3: 50/100
>Meristation: 50/100
>Polygon: 50/100

What went wrong?

I want Classic Zeti. I feel like I could totally make fun boss battles for them in a classic game. (with the added benefit of them not fucking talking)

youtube.com/watch?v=ReIKoPrx5u8

10 stages regarding what?

they'll do it now out of desperation
but they won't get it right

WHERES SUPER SONIC

>Sonic Forces wasn't a Sonic Heroes style game where you control three Sonics at once who all have different abilities.
>Modern has access to Boost function.
>Classic has access to a double jump and is slightly faster while leading.
>Boom has his laser hook and is tougher(loses less Rings when hit).
>The "Team Attack" is Classic turning into Super Sonic and shields the other two in bubbles, and can be combo'd with the Speed Boost.
-
>Infinite and Shadow are connected.
>Infinite is actual the Shadow from SA:2 who has been in a coma since and recently revived with the Phantom Ruby, causing him to lose his memories and become "Infinite".
>The Shadow we know is actually an advance model of Metal Sonic who has a shard of the Master Emerald inside him, allowing the ability to use Chaos Control, his memories were reconstructed by Eggman who felt guilty for causing Shadow's death and as a good gesture to his Grandfather.
-
>Black Doom is the source of the Phantom Ruby's power and is revived after the Time paradox caused in Sonic Generations.
>The Phantom Ruby is revealed to be a part of the Black Comet that fell to the planet thousands of years ago.
>Using Infinite's ability of Chaos Control, Black Doom summons past Sonic villains to aid in in his conquest of the world, resulting in another Time Paradox.
-
>Generations caused a paradox of Classic remembering Modern Sonic, the paradox cause the Phantom Ruby(BD) to remember Sonic and attempt to depose him before he can help Shadow in the future.
>Boom and Classic Sonic are brought into the plot when Eggman and Tails work together to create a machine to find Sonic(Modern, BD and Infinite thorw him into a blank universe to prevent him from stopping them), as a result they pull Modern, Classic, and Boom Sonics(Boom is sitting down eating cereal with Knuckles, who sees Sonic being pulled into a portal, then proceeds to eat his cereal before yelling for help) into their world by mistake.

Y or N?

The sales are not that bad.

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer?"

Sega made a game with the sole purpose of making money with little consideration for making the game timeless, memorable or innovative. They wanted a cheap cash in and just threw in a bunch of things that worked in the past or with other games. There's a severe lack of HEART. Even the most casual player can tell that the game is a soulless cash grab and it functions as a game in only the most fundamental way. Nothing feels inspired, or Nuanced or New. It feels Derivative and lazy. Like a group of old men who have no idea what the fuck the appeal of the character is trying desperately to recapture magic that is completely lost on them.

Aaron was asked if there'd be more DLC released before the end of the year and he said not to expect something like 10 new levels for $10 or something like that, but if they did something in the future it'd be something smaller, but likely free.

I thought it was 700R before saging.

Nope, it's 750.

Buddy "Shooting my Wipson at the Welfare Line" Rookie
Buddy "Black Creatures get the Burst" Rookie
Buddy "Double-Boosting through Detroit" Rookie

So no actual ending and final fight with Infinite as Super Sonics and Super Buddy?

Who knows? Maybe it'll be a stage plus an Infinite fight, I dunno.

youtube.com/watch?v=Eyc_8SWLKiI

So I enjoyed forces. I'm upset to see so many people beating up on my favorite hedgehog though.It's whatever, i still love him.

So Sonic Forces is just more confirmation that Shadow is better than Sonic right? Since he has the chain homing attack thing, and I think it has longer range than Sonic's too. It feels like Shadow's homing attack reaches across almost the entire screen.

You make your OC yet?

haven't seen your oc in a while, friend. how are you?

We all still love him... I hope.

Sonic is my hero

I want to hug that hedgehog.

He is absolutely correct.

Which one of you did it?

You can like the character without forcing yourself to pretend to like bad games you know. Nothing wrong with that.

I did, I like to consider her the Street version of Pocky

Hey, yeah I know ive been busy with work along with also trying avoid spoilers .. so ive been away for /sthg/ for a bit. But i'm gonna be around more.Infact i'll be working on making some Sonic pins and sticker designs tomorrow so i might need to ask for input from /sthg/. So expect to see me around more often.

Me too friends

It's strange how a lot of people who never play these games are always calling out bullshit like bringing up 06 all the time. And these are the majority that people listen too and base their opinions on a lot of the games. Forces barely had a chance. I love the game but I do admit there are a lot of problems with it. I'm just glad that an alright Sonic game came out this year besides Mania.

>we still love him
I don't. I love his friends
not silver tho. he can go drink bleach

Sonic The Hedgehog Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=50tjRfNuJ4I

>finally get a new drill
>increases grinding speed
>increases slide distance

Forgot to show Forces OC