/ng/ Nioh General

Power of the stones edition

Previous thread: DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nkfQP2KeMPo
youtube.com/watch?v=4IU7ia0XIGg
youtube.com/watch?v=YKvtbH8qUWU&t=8m23s
youtube.com/watch?v=aMFmvCVBZBw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do I axe?
I've just been going high stance and spamming heavy attack
just got to the second region

>high stance and spamming heavy attack
Invest in the fucking skill tree you mong

I take it back guys, this game is clearly a Demon Souls ripoff

would it hurt for you to realise Souls didn't invent swords?

axe your way to a lordship, i'm sure that's how this is supposed to work

Are twilight missions the same across platforms?

>pc
>some level 32 thing
>ogress mission

is that a hockey player or have you made anjin look like a lost canadian man?

Can you go online on Steam with the pirated version?

get wotw armor bonuses
use shiggy's dog to para
apply water to axe
roar to reduce ki cost
spin to win causing discord easily

What do you think?

That's about it. You don't really need anything else. Axe is pretty bare bones compared to everything else and high stance attacks are generally the best in every situation.
keep up the good work.
you should try out some of those charge moves, though. Lumberchop will destroy shit and can't be interrupted as long as you're able to survive any hits you take. Rumbling earth is decent AoE. Mad Spinner is great when you have the ki for it.
Use Heaven and Earth after combos if you get the chance.

Yes, with a proper Steam crack

>kato axe
literally me for my first run

All these other games you're deflecting to are games sharing the same genre. Souls created a new genre. No "action RPG" plays the same as it does. Except the games that cloned it.

You people are so retarded it's kind of sad. Literally brainlets.

This loot system should be the first thing anyone mods, diablo loot system is absolute aids

As dumb as the story of this game is, and as horribly cheesy as the villains are, I have to say, I really appreciate that the game features actual English voice actors, and actual Japanese voice actors and lots of their broken Engrish.

currently on the Ps4 it's
>Where Dark Forces Gather (of withered glass and yokai)
>An Ominous Cavern (deep in the shadows)

Pretty interesting. I thought they would have the same rotation.

Leave old arguments in the old thread, dude. Basic general etiquette.

I agree, although I personally also appreciate how horribly cheesy the villains are. Kelley is one of my favorite recent villains because of how shamelessly edgy he is. He's like a Pat Mills character.

Guys just started playing this game, and I have the most fun playing with the spear in mid stance. How are spears in late game? I don't want to get overly familiar with only using these

Every weapon is viable through to the highest difficulty, although axes tail off a little because of their lack of diversity and tonfa are generally underwhelming as hell. Spears are generally a good pick though, and there's a bunch of gear supporting them in the DLC as well. You should make use of two weapons so you've got your bases covered anyway.

great throughout the whole game
midstance heavy is stronger than it has any right to be

it's pretty spectacular how a bald man with tattoos and glowing red eyes arrives in warring states japan and everyone's like "what a reliable ally" when even in modern japan having tattoos means you're banned from swimming pools and hot springs.

Currently using spear and dual swords. So investing in body and skill. Don't know how they'll synergize with medium armour though

So is it pronounced
Nee-Oh?
or
NYOOOOOOOOOOOOO *gong sound in the background*?

does soul matching a few levels up still require insane amounts of gold to the point where it's unfeasible to even try?

I really love the mid stance light attack, because in pinch situations it allows me to fight even upto 4 enemies at once

> (You)
>it's pretty spectacular how a bald man with tattoos and glowing red eyes arrives in warring states japan and everyone's like "what a reliable ally"
Fuck, that got me.
Seriously though I think it's probably the case that Mitsunari was desperate as hell to gain an edge in the battle for the title of overlord and this creepy fuck with the ability to raise an army of actual demons showed up offering to give it all to him for nothing. I'm guessing the cost:benefit ratio looked pretty sweet to him.

if you're not Hattori Hanzo, you're saying it wrong.

admit it, you know how it's pronounced, you just wanted to make a YOOOOO joke

youtube.com/watch?v=nkfQP2KeMPo

youtube.com/watch?v=4IU7ia0XIGg

you'll notice a pattern where every weapon's mid stance quick attack is a wide horizontal attack.

This is no coincidence. Mid Stance is deliberately the defensive stance.

i mean, it makes sense. and maybe they thought across the world somewhere people all looked like flamboyant grey corpses

this is probably why they don't let them in the hotsprings now. kelley kept shitting in them and talking about the power of his stones while jiggling his ballsack.

a few is affordable
10 could be crippling.
also keep in mind that shit goes off of the gear's original level. Leveling the same item up will get more and more expensive.

>squeezes scrotum
>crashes japan

i fucking hate that
makes finding a great weapon pointless because you know it'll be trash soon

>tfw no Geinoh Yamashirogumi for the climactic boss battles
>tfw you will never fight a final boss with music this phenomenal
youtube.com/watch?v=YKvtbH8qUWU&t=8m23s

Trust me when I say this, what you think is great now is absolute trash.
Really great stuff the game allows you to upgrade indefinitely through soul match reset affixes.

Do combos like Square -> Triangle that you unlock with samurai points count as skills for stuff like Skill Break?

>Chaining
>High attack is a slightly delayed swing that cuts through health like butter
>Mid attack is garbage.
>Low attack is high attack: No damage edition
What am I missing here? And perhaps unrelated, why are dead players with 2kat so fucking tough compared to the free kills of the others?

I have to spoil most of this because newfriends are here now.
Mitsunari was just loyal to a fault.
In Defiled Holy Mountain, he makes it clear that his ultimate goal was to have Hideyoshi resurrected. Kelley obviously made lots of promises he never intended on keeping.
He knew Hideyoshi was not as competent as Oda, and that Nobunaga was the better choice for plunging japan back into chaos or exerting some sort of control over japan.

Ironically, I think Hideyoshi would have been a better choice. IMO he seems like he would have been more likely to simply go along with what Kelley wanted than Oda.

he started panicking when he thought sakon was dead and then let his guard down too much

Damn good point. I completely forgot about that.
I've been running the DLC for so long that all I really remember of Mitsunari is how much of a limp noodle he is.

In way of the strong the level gets capped at 150 for a whole difficulty. You just fine the weapon you want in divine and then carry it, soul matching the + level up which is a fixed cost.
When you get to way of the demon you are getting so much gold that leveling that same divine +10 you craft to 200 is perfectly feasible.

When you get to way of the wise you will ditch it because you unlocked ethereals, anyways.

it's really only a problem with Way of the Samuai, since the levels start at 1 and go all the way to 150.

Mitsunari was also close friends with a leper, so he most likely would have had an open mind regarding Kelly's appearance.

Just when I thought this game couldn't get any more cheesier the ending song just made it go Maximum Cheese.

youtube.com/watch?v=aMFmvCVBZBw

that's why we have refashioning my dude

Yes

Let's not forget that during his execution, when he saw Sakon among the crowds, his face was like "Fuck yeah Sakon lives! Behead me whenever you want fuckers!"

Nioh is a cheesy game and I love it all the more for it.

If you didn't feel things when Kuroda put his cloak over his shoulders, you don't have a soul.

High stance is for raw power, ki damage, and guard breaking.
Mid is defensive. You block more effectively, gain parry moves, and have wide attacks that help when you're surrounded.
Low stance is for mobility. You have infinite consecutive dodges, and they cost almost nothing. The attacks are extra cheap with low recovery frames, so you can spam them and get away easy.

There's more to this game than damage alone. Positioning and defense are just as important. I don't know if you've noticed yet, but attacking enemies in the back does free bonus damage. Using Low stance is crucial for getting in and out of that position properly.

Generally the flow goes like this:
low until you can get behind the yokai/the human enemy use most of its ki while you kite it
high to hit yokai in the back/drain that last bit of ki on humans
mid to quickly block when they counter-attack
and repeat

Thanks user.

what are the Toughness break points I should be aiming for?

I felt it though. Fun fact : it truly happened in historically.

I love this game.

I honestly didn't know the deeper meaning of that scene till I went back and read each character's lore. Mitsunari really got the shitty end of the stick now didn't he?

>Your lord gets killed
>Everyone in your faction suddenly wants to join with the enemy
>The enemy got the Great White Hope plus all assortment of legendary figures
>All you got was some stronk dude you paid half of everything you own for
>Make a deal with another gaijin to revive your master
>Literally gets backstabbed with MAGIK
>Gets turned into a demon fursona
>Saved by Not-Geralt
>Healed back
>Only to have your head cut off by the enemy

At least he went off honorably.

>it's an "the ocean roars again" episode

I hate this level
I hate this map
I hate the enemies
I hate Umi Bozo

more like the babby cries again lmao

Once again finding use for this

Yeah the broken engrish was a great touch.

How painful is seppuku irl? Or is it dishonorable to discuss the pain?

>hit him at his side
>get a critical hit or something and are teleported in front of him
>he does the double lightning bolt attack and kills me instantly
great game

he turns when you break his ki using the weak point. you didn't get moved at all.
when he recovers his ki he always does that lightning bolt. just try not to be greedy.

>PCfats will never ever know the godliness of critLW kusa

well you disembowel yourself so it's pretty fucking painful

>dying to the nue
lmao I've been laughing at you shitters since the alpha.

nue is harder than enma

>implying you didn't when you first fought him

>acting like you've literally never died to him
You know everyone knows you're posturing, right? Nobody is convinced.

This is one of the goofiest fucking games I've played in a long time.

Refreshing, ain't it?

using a cat to tell time isn't goofy

this shit on batato yet?

What is the current level cap?
Or they removed it with DLC3?

The cap will upgrade into lvl 300 when you beat the Way of the Wise and unlock the Way of the Nioh.

u wot m8

seppuku is all about regaining/retaining your honor by showing your remorse through suicide.
the method was chosen specifically because it's incredibly fucking painful.

the japanese aren't completely heartless, though. that's why there was always a second to chop your head off almost immediately after you did it and if they botched it they were required to commit seppuku as well.

until you get far enough the level cap for a stat is still 99.
then you unlock the ability to raise a stat to 200 which is when the cap increases

i'm just wondering where the fuck you got 300 from. the cap's 750 on wotn, dude.

>calling it "the nue"
If you're going to be a disgusting weeaboo at least learn how to speak Japanese you dumb cunt. Even if you never died to THUNDERCAT you were too retarded to even understand what was going on.

Typical fucking gaijin. Go suck Kelley's spirit sack and wank to some slanty eyed women.

Worst boss so far.
Why is this thing turning around 180 instantly and going through itself? Also shooting poison through walls.
I was kiting him around the pillar for like 10 minutes, still died because I was tired.
What is good strategy against him?

Gonna start playing, can I start DLC accidentally or are they all after the main game? I hate this shit, I just want to do it in order.

When it charges, block. It'll stop dead in its tracks and 'stand' back up. After, sometimes it'll ram its face into the ground to attack you. Dodge that, then smack it up some.

You see that purple bar below its small health bar? You deplete that and it'll go full retard, allowing you to beat its ass a load before it gets back up and runs away for a bit.

And yeah, I think this boss is the lowest point in terms of quality. It seems half-finished to me.

Do what they did to the Jews. Gas him.

Just
Block
Lmao

Can a friendlt sonybro explain how the skills work and why I would want to see them?

I'm using Kusa right now and theres kick, for example. Just charges and does a kick. Does it so special damage? If not why shouldn't I just use the kusas pull or ranged attack?

Kicks are for ki damage, and it's a fucking godsend against things like bigskellies.

>What is good strategy against him?
Use the map to your advantage you silly man.

Ki damage
Ki breaks lead to dark souks esque 'ripostes'

kusa's pull attack is a bit gay, kinda like roping a woman towards you. kick is manly. western. kick

Just dodge behind them in low stance and combo into their back for 5 minutes

Thats even gayer. Real men look them in the eye.

No one discusses anything after seppuku.

>Kill Nue first try
>Die to white tiger
Say what you will about Nue but it didn't fly across the arena with no tell and its laser attack didn't deal over 1300 damage.

Anyone know how to stop Nioh from minimizing when it loses focus? Or do I just have to play in Borderless windowed?

>no tell

kiting is a trap
just block him.